Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My SOC showed up yesterday.  I ordered on 3/8.  So far I like it, but the light bearing hood for my TLR-1 was a bit tight and took a bit of work to get it smooth enough.  Wiping a bit of silicone spray lubricant on the inside of the cowling helped quite a bit.  Other than the sizing, and that the brass inserts where the screws thread into for the cowling being pretty damn soft, I think the holster is pretty damn good quality.  Hopefully they work through the backlog of orders, and get their lead times down to 1-3 weeks like they say they want to because I think their stuff is a good value.  Just wish they had something like Blade Tech's Tek Lok for the RTI wheel, and more light bearing options.  

I will say that I may or may not have had my order expedited by following the recommend action on their facebook page a few weeks back by emailing the owner directly.  He didn't indicate one way or the other, but did guarantee that my order would ship by today, which he met that commitment.   Unfortunately, that was after 1 unanswered voicemail and 2 emails that got no response.  The owner did pull through for me on Monday and made a change to the size of belt slide that I ordered on the day they made my holster.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No he wasn't shitting you

You mad bro?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Impeccable? Are you shitting us lol? I still haven't heard anything other than that my order would ship before May 20th which would make around 14 weeks. I've received 1 actual email. The lead time quote at time of purchase was 4-6 weeks.....

No he wasn't shitting you

You mad bro?

PIST.

naw I'm good. Just thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I received my Feb 8th order yesterday. XST for a SIG 1911.

14 Weeks for an order which was originally quoted at 4-6 weeks. No other contact from the company outside of their 2 weeks "in process" automatic confirmation.

No worries, the 2 inch G-Code sticker they put in the box makes up for the extra time...
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered an incog for my Shield on Feb 15 and just got it on May 19th.  I really like it though.
I would order another.  Be patient.  Stress kills.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

14 Weeks for an order which was originally quoted at 4-6 weeks. No other contact from the company outside of their 2 weeks "in process" automatic confirmation.

No worries, the 2 inch G-Code sticker they put in the box makes up for the extra time...
View Quote

Yeah, you should have gotten some kind of extra free shit for all the stress that was brought upon you waiting for a holster.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my SOC a couple days ago. Like a poster above I found that the light hood was very tight, to the point that I was unable to draw the weapon without putting a second hand to hold down the holster. Very pleased overall with quality though, just needs to be broken in
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, you should have gotten some kind of extra free shit for all the stress that was brought upon you waiting for a holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, there were several posters in this thread and in others who ended up being "That Guy", by throwing hissy fits on Facebook or relaying their stories of being "That Guy" with customer service and were given t-shirts and other swag or were bumped ahead of the line and had orders produced and shipped in record time.

G-Code has clearly screwed the pooch on customer service and has been all but uncaring for clearly not conveying a drastic change in their operations and production schedule.  Treating the squeaky wheel instead of conductng proper PR fix to things only shows their hubris all the more.

I have ordered from numerous custom holster makers and have never had a production date slip without direct contact and offer of a discount or free shipping.  It is just a good business practice.

Companies like LaRue and BCM literally shower you in swag for a routine order; I was merely making light of a single sticker in a shipment...I never expected anything extra, or had a desire to be "That Guy" and expect special treatment or else I would have contacted their customer service department.  There were numerous posters who were waiting on their orders in time for a class or other reasons and ordered well within the stated turn around time and the time was not met.

The holster is very nice and is exactly what I expected.  My stress level is zero...Bless your heart.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bro, there were several posters in this thread and in others who ended up being "That Guy", by throwing hissy fits on Facebook or relaying their stories of being "That Guy" with customer service and were given t-shirts and other swag or were bumped ahead of the line and had orders produced and shipped in record time.

G-Code has clearly screwed the pooch on customer service and has been all but uncaring for clearly not conveying a drastic change in their operations and production schedule.  Treating the squeaky wheel instead of conductng proper PR fix to things only shows their hubris all the more.

I have ordered from numerous custom holster makers and have never had a production date slip without direct contact and offer of a discount or free shipping.  It is just a good business practice.

Companies like LaRue and BCM literally shower you in swag for a routine order; I was merely making light of a single sticker in a shipment...I never expected anything extra, or had a desire to be "That Guy" and expect special treatment or else I would have contacted their customer service department.  There were numerous posters who were waiting on their orders in time for a class or other reasons and ordered well within the stated turn around time and the time was not met.

The holster is very nice and is exactly what I expected.  My stress level is zero...Bless your heart.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you did expect free shit.
Sorry for your loss.

Bro.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Just wish they had something like Blade Tech's Tek Lok for the RTI wheel, and more light bearing options.  
View Quote

I felt the same way, so I made my own.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I felt the same way, so I made my own.<a href="http://s873.photobucket.com/user/shiro128c/media/Rig/IMAG0279_zpsyntlmwyq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/shiro128c/Rig/IMAG0279_zpsyntlmwyq.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s873.photobucket.com/user/shiro128c/media/Rig/IMAG0278_zpszednvk96.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/shiro128c/Rig/IMAG0278_zpszednvk96.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Just wish they had something like Blade Tech's Tek Lok for the RTI wheel, and more light bearing options.  

I felt the same way, so I made my own.<a href="http://s873.photobucket.com/user/shiro128c/media/Rig/IMAG0279_zpsyntlmwyq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/shiro128c/Rig/IMAG0279_zpsyntlmwyq.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s873.photobucket.com/user/shiro128c/media/Rig/IMAG0278_zpszednvk96.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/shiro128c/Rig/IMAG0278_zpszednvk96.jpg</a>

Hey, I think I like this.
I'm not a fan of belt loops on a duty holster due to it deforming the belt.
This might help.

How do you like the duty drop on this ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This might help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This might help.

My arms are kinda long so it feels like a natural spot for it to be.
Otherwise it clears both my chest rig & backup vest.
Don't have a plate carrier to try it with but I would imagine so long as you wear it like you should (high) it would be fine.
Far as the loops go, I could probably cut them off. Initially planned to but once it came together I found it unnecessary. Besides, I could still loop onto a belt if I had to for some reason.
I also wondered abot the structural integrity, if you will, of removing them.
The leg strap came about as I felt adding the tec-loc pushed the hanger out just far enough to make it feel slightly floppy. Could just be I need a better belt, but I have another hanger threaded onto an eagle 2" duty belt that feels a bit floppy to me as well.
Otherwise I just used some 5/16 washers as spacers & a Chicago screw to attach a malice clip to one of the existing holes in the hanger & a leg strap I borrowed from a safariland 6004 drop leg.
Overall I'm satisfied with the setup & regardless of what brand of actual holster I ultimately decide on... I will most likely be mounting it to an rti wheel.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my SOC a couple days ago. Like a poster above I found that the light hood was very tight, to the point that I was unable to draw the weapon without putting a second hand to hold down the holster. Very pleased overall with quality though, just needs to be broken in
View Quote

I figured out that it wasn't the cowling for the light that was making my pistol stick in the holster.  It was actually rubbing on the inside of the upper black part.  Wiping it down with silicone lubricant cleared it right up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Just wondering.
Has G-Code started catching up on everyones orders, or
are they still behind ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Based on my 3/18 order date, I am in my 12th week, with no contact beyond the 2 week "heads up" email on 4/1.  

I have no idea whether this means I'm now "in the zone" or not.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Ordered March 4

received June 4

It's nice though ...

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Are you guys getting emails with shipping info at all or are you just having your orders magically show up on your front doors? I should be in the window of getting mine this week.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I received an email, they shipped it two day postal

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered one for my Glock on Feb 19 and received it on May 30. I wasn't in a rush so the lead time didn't matter to me. It is an excellent holster.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered my holster on May 24th and just got the automated two week notice.. I am alos impatiently waiting, however everyone
seems to like these holsters, so I will start being patient.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Received my shipping notice today. I ordered sometime early March I think.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Tally-ho!!

I received an email today stating that my holster has shipped via USPS Priority Mail, and providing a tracking number. So to recap my order process:

3/18: order placed

4/1: 2-week email received

6/11: item shipped

Beyond posting in this thread, I never called, emailed, or posted on their FB page; I was interested in the order cycle to get a frame of reference for possible future orders. I basically tried to forget I ordered it, and comforted myself with the knowledge that I at least saved 10% with the code. So now, after resting dormant for 12 weeks, my excitement, it's beginning to stir.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#22]
hi

good news for me

order placed   03/28

shipping notification : 06/16

++
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]
ordered Jan 19

received May 20
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:01:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered my G-code XST RTI holster along with the mule drop down leg and the Incog for my M&P Shield on Apr 27. I received the automatic 2 week notification. 6 weeks into my wait time, I sent a email asking for an update. A day later I got a replay back from Robin, saying that my order is probably 2-3 weeks out from being done. I got a 7 week (June 15)  email stating that my order is outside the normal delivery time and that the production manager will be notified and request my order be in a priority status.

Jump to July 2, and I received a shipping notification. Yipee! Little box came on July 5. Everything works and is in great shape. They even gave me a sticker. Yesterday, ( July 12) I got another email from G-Code stating that its been 10 days since I received my package and hope  that I had time to "test, evaluate and enjoy" my G-Code products. Thats pretty nice of em.

Overall I'm satisfied with my order and will order again from them. (Hopefully by then they get to their goal of 1-2 weeks for orders) I had ordered their holsters not knowing of the significant delay time. I patiently waited and followed this thread for any additional information. I will say that they are working hard to correct any deficiencies that may have. I like the email updates and the quick turn around for any questions asked.  

*This had been my experience with G-Code*

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Let me ask all who had long wait times and received their product.

Was the wait worth it and was the quality still there even with the extreme back log G Code has ?

I'm debating ordering one to get on the production list.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Was the wait worth it and was the quality still there even with the extreme back log G Code has ?

View Quote

Yes, best holster I've used.   Bought my first at the beginning of the year off the EE To try one out with out the wait.    Finally picked up a new pistol and ordered another 2 weeks ago and again another today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like my holster, and the quality is immediately evident, as stated by the posters above.  Does the fit and quality stand head and shoulders above my SideArmor and Atomic Dog holsters? I can't say it does; there are a lot of talented kydex shops out there.  But the backlog does not appear to have degraded the quality of their products, and I doubt you would be disappointed once you receive it.

As to the question of whether the wait was worth it, that's a more difficult question to answer as I think that mostly  depends on your individual needs and wants.  I think G-Code's claim to fame is their modular RTI attachment system.  If you are invested in that system and you need another component, it doesn't matter how long the backlog is, you will get in line.  They are the only game in town unless you can find some hardware and have your holster maker modify their products to fit. If you have other holsters you can use and don't require the RTI hanger, then only you can answer that question.

I plan on buying another G-Code holster for my Gen4 G21, but only when I can find the one I want in stock somewhere, or they clear their backlog and bring their order cycle to the stated goal of 1-3 weeks.  I just don't feel like handing over my money and waiting another 12 weeks again.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the reply's.
I need to get in line I guess.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#29]

....As to the question of whether the wait was worth it, that's a more difficult question to answer as I think that mostly  depends on your individual needs and wants.  I think G-Code's claim to fame is their modular RTI attachment system.  If you are invested in that system and you need another component, it doesn't matter how long the backlog is, you will get in line.  They are the only game in town unless you can find some hardware and have your holster maker modify their products to fit.....

I plan on buying another G-Code holster for my Gen4 G21, but only when I can find the one I want in stock somewhere, or they clear their backlog and bring their order cycle to the stated goal of 1-3 weeks.  I just don't feel like handing over my money and waiting another 12 weeks again.
View Quote

Off The Grid holsters use RTI hangers and are awesome. Because of the G Code backlog, I ordered from OTG and was very pleasantly surprised. I was a die hard G Code customer, but no more. OTG has MANY more options; light bearing ( been waiting  a year for this), custom colors, custom cuts, etc

Decide for yourself-

OTG

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a few OTG Concepts holsters as well. They make some fine products.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#31]
6/8 Ordered XST RTI for Sig P226 in multicam with RTI battle belt molle adapter. Received confirmation email same day.

6/22 Received two week email.

7/6 Received four week email.

7/17 Received phone call and was told the multicam material was out of stock and the supplier was unable to give them a delivery date. Kryptek Mandrake was recommended as a substitute which was fine by me. I almost ordered it that way to begin with.  The guy was personable and professional on the phone and I appreciated the phone call instead of an email about the issue. Was told my order should process in the next week to 10 days.

7/20 Received six week email.

7/22 Received shipping notice email.

7/24 Received order. Just under seven weeks. I was expecting a longer wait time so was glad to receive my order when I did. Seems like production times are better based on what other folks have posted. The personal phone call tells me they are making efforts on the customer service side of things too.  Overall I'm very satisfied with the transaction.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

HellioN do you have a pic with this on ?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top