Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 8/18/2012 9:25:30 PM EDT
title pretty much says it, i tried the belt mags but didn't like it and a drop leg it too low and uncomfortable.  i've looked at a lot of sites and figure this is custom or a small chest rig that is modified into this.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like HSGI TACO's on a drop leg MOLLE panel. I could be wrong, though,
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
i understand what it is i'm wondering who makes it?  i ordered a few things to try and make something like this but i'm not sure if it will work.

mostly wondering about the panel, not so much the pouches as i know they are Taco's
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thought it might have been a Mini Mav but it's actually smaller than that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be willing to bet it's custom. The platform that is not the taco's.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#7]
HSGI
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I watch SEVERAL manufacturer's on facebook. About the time that this picture showed up I noticed two different companies putting them out. ATS and OSOE.

ATS forsale over on m4c http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=110282&highlight=ats

SOE:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/425042_10150949775843859_2022869179_n.jpg
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#9]
viking got to it before me. It's the SOE leg rig. I was about .02 seconds from picking one up for my 40mm's when they very first came out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I would imagine its HSGI
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It truly looks like HSGI work to me. The stitching on the seams and sides matches the Taco's perfectly. Also the webbing looks like the newer HSGI stuff I have seen.
Nothing wrong with it being any other company and the item pictured above by ATS, or OSOE will definitely suit the needs perfectly. I just see a LOT of gear and that has HSGI fingerprints all over it.

SOS

it matches the taco stitching prefectly and the leg strap is all the way at the bottom.  i ordered the SOE piece shown above but i'm not too sure if i will like it.
i've posted on Costa's facebook page and asked on all of the other pages that have pics of him wearing it.  no one has commented, i mean is this thing really a secret?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It truly looks like HSGI work to me. The stitching on the seams and sides matches the Taco's perfectly. Also the webbing looks like the newer HSGI stuff I have seen.
Nothing wrong with it being any other company and the item pictured above by ATS, or OSOE will definitely suit the needs perfectly. I just see a LOT of gear and that has HSGI fingerprints all over it.

SOS

it matches the taco stitching prefectly and the leg strap is all the way at the bottom.  i ordered the SOE piece shown above but i'm not too sure if i will like it.
i've posted on Costa's facebook page and asked on all of the other pages that have pics of him wearing it.  no one has commented, i mean is this thing really a secret?

I took a class from Costa recently and he wore the rig. It was made by HSGI in accordance with specs he gave them. So far it's a one-off deal. Costa said that he was working out some kinks with it and expected that there would be another iteration soon. I emailed HSGI about it and they referred me back to COSTA. So apparently it's something that Costa is designing and may or may not be planning to market to the general public. I would definitely like to have one, though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I watch SEVERAL manufacturer's on facebook. About the time that this picture showed up I noticed two different companies putting them out. ATS and OSOE.

ATS forsale over on m4c http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=110282&highlight=ats

SOE:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/425042_10150949775843859_2022869179_n.jpg

You can tell from comparing the photos that these are not the model that Costa is wearing.  Note the taping around the edges of the model that he is wearing.  I guess this will remain top secret Costa gear until they go into full production.  He may still be figuring out how to use his Costa magic in order to keep 5 lbs. worth of magazines and flashlights from flopping around when running.  It does look like he has it ridding pretty high for a drop-leg, so maybe the stability is fine?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
title pretty much says it, i tried the belt mags but didn't like it and a drop leg it too low and uncomfortable.  i've looked at a lot of sites and figure this is custom or a small chest rig that is modified into this.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/556103_424922574206320_1122334578_n.jpg

In this pic are those FAL mags in the pouches? They are almost certainly .308/7.62x51 mags of some type.

Cool rig, either way..

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are HSGI "Taco" mag pouches that are able to accept pretty much any type of mag out there, M4, AK, M14, Fal, AR-10, and a lot of others because they are adjustable.  There is a other pic floating around showing that rig stuffed with 2 large monster cans.  

I want this rig because it IS NOT a full drop leg set up, I want the mags lower than my belt but all the way down on my leg.  This rig will also limit the movement of the rig while running, jumping or what ever else, i think it will be much more comfortable as well.  Most drop legs be it mag or pistol tend to slide lower and lower and pull on your belt which I do not like.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those are HSGI "Taco" mag pouches that are able to accept pretty much any type of mag out there, M4, AK, M14, Fal, AR-10, and a lot of others because they are adjustable.  There is a other pic floating around showing that rig stuffed with 2 large monster cans.  

I want this rig because it IS NOT a full drop leg set up, I want the mags lower than my belt but all the way down on my leg.  This rig will also limit the movement of the rig while running, jumping or what ever else, i think it will be much more comfortable as well.  Most drop legs be it mag or pistol tend to slide lower and lower and pull on your belt which I do not like.

These are the same things that Costa said were his reasons for making the rig. He also utilizes and teaches 5.56 and 7.63 rifles in his course. With the tacos he can use either without having to change the rig. He did say something about trying a new rig with the pouches sewn directly to the panel or built into it so that it would a little less stiff. He wore this all three days and it never seemed to move much on his leg despite running, different shooting positions, etc. I also don't like the full drop leg set up...moves around too much and it's very uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#18]
This looks really cool. The idea I have for it is to keep it in your backpack or whatever, where you also have your rifle.

As always, you have your pistol on your pants belt and maybe a kydex mag pouch or two for the pistol there as well.

With this platform, you can throw it on, giving you rifle capabilities without having to take off your pistol and mags that are already on your pants belt in order to throw on a war belt.

Definitely interested in this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I like it, especially if the pouches are sewn directly to the panel. I hope it is all HSGI and that they make it availble to all of us.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]
i looked threw the facebook album of this class that he did and there are 2 other rigs in it, 2 chicks are running them.  at the time i can't tell if Costa let them use his as the pics show him not wearing one but there are 2 out there.   http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.424921197539791.99220.229735767058336&type=3
not sure if that will work

i guess i'm just going to have to stalk his facebook and the internet more to see when he releases this rig to the public

girl in pink

the other girl running the rig

both in this pic, one with the buckle in front, the other in back.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
This may be a dumb question but here it goes...

Will HSGI or some other high quality company be willing to do similar custom work for anyone willing to pay and supply them with the info needed, or did they give Costa special attention being who he is? I love this idea, and have been lingering on this thread waiting to here more information haha. I think I will go ask around some local shops tomorrow cuz I cant use a sewing machine worth shit

Also, where would be the best place to find some cordura and webbing materials online? I visited  www.rockywoods.com  , but im not sure if their prices are competitive...

Thanks for this thread, its just the idea I have been looking for!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Will HSGI or some other high quality company be willing to do similar custom work for anyone willing to pay and supply them with the info needed, or did they give Costa special attention being who he is? I love this idea, and have been lingering on this thread waiting to here more information haha. I think I will go ask around some local shops tomorrow cuz I cant use a sewing machine worth shit

Also, where would be the best place to find some cordura and webbing materials online? I visited  www.rockywoods.com  , but im not sure if their prices are competitive...

HSGI will do it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HSGI will do it.

Email sent to HSGI, we will find out tomorrow hopefully, in the mean time I will continue to look around for supplies and ponder plan B (not the morning after pill) Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS

I took a class from Costa recently and he wore the rig. It was made by HSGI in accordance with specs he gave them. So far it's a one-off deal. Costa said that he was working out some kinks with it and expected that there would be another iteration soon. I emailed HSGI about it and they referred me back to COSTA. So apparently it's something that Costa is designing and may or may not be planning to market to the general public. I would definitely like to have one, though.

HSGI has been contacted already, the more i look threw his facebook posts the more i see OTHER people using it, so.....  unless he has like 10 of them to just lend out to people some how people are getting them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Patience, Young Grasshoppers.
Chris Costa and HSGI have been working on several proto-types to deliver the "Best" that can be offered.  Along with proto-typing, testing has to be implemented. Previous platform belongs to another person and as you know, HSGI does not copy other individuals designs. This last proto-type has provided to be the most stable as Chris himself made comment to me. Not only did HSGI, WarSport and Trace Armory co-host CEO1 and CEO2 with CostaLudas this month, I personally ran the gauntlet myself. As I stated, Chris and myself wish only to bring to it's customers the very best that we can offer.  

Gene@HSGI
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Chris Costa and HSGI have been working on several proto-types to deliver the "Best" that can be offered.  Along with proto-typing, testing has to be implemented. Previous platform belongs to another person and as you know, HSGI does not copy other individuals designs. This last proto-type has provided to be the most stable as Chris himself made comment to me. Not only did HSGI, WarSport and Trace Armory co-host CEO1 and CEO2 with CostaLudas this month, I personally ran the gauntlet myself. As I stated, Chris and myself wish only to bring to it's customers the very best that we can offer.  

Gene@HSGI

Thanks Gene, Wish I would have known you were on this site, would have saved me an email lol. Just for the record, I didnt want to copy what Costa is running to the T, just wanted something similar. Well anyways guys, for what its worth; here is the email from Jason @ HSGI:

"Dan,
   Just so you know in the past when custom projects came up they all fell on Gene. Right now Gene has 3-4 projects in the works and some events to attend. Until Gene tells me otherwise he will not be doing custom work for awhile.
,Jason Thompson"

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I am watching this closely. For the rig, of course.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the reply Gene. I will be watching for the finished product.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Tag for moar costa butt pics leg rig pics
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tag for moar costa butt pics leg rig pics

Tag
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i looked threw the facebook album of this class that he did and there are 2 other rigs in it, 2 chicks are running them.  at the time i can't tell if Costa let them use his as the pics show him not wearing one but there are 2 out there.   http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.424921197539791.99220.229735767058336&type=3
not sure if that will work

i guess i'm just going to have to stalk his facebook and the internet more to see when he releases this rig to the public

girl in pink
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/576955_424926927539218_1830403489_n.jpg

the other girl running the rig
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/534128_424930344205543_1403061645_n.jpg

both in this pic, one with the buckle in front, the other in back.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/575211_424936000871644_2012795671_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/556684_424933610871883_1665382007_n.jpg

Dunno bout all you guys but I saw the green underwear right away. This thread needs more female models. And no pants on them so we can see exactly how the rig fit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Gene@HSGI

thanks a lot for the info, right from the source.

can you comment on this rig as to what you will be modifying on it or if the mags are going to be sewn into it for a tighter fit as one mentioned here?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dunno bout all you guys but I saw the green underwear right away. This thread needs more female models. And no pants on them so we can see exactly how the rig fit.

challenge accepted get one and send it over
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gene@HSGI

thanks a lot for the info, right from the source.

can you comment on this rig as to what you will be modifying on it or if the mags are going to be sewn into it for a tighter fit as one mentioned here?

I will only comment that it's quite unique and does not require the use of MALICE clips. That's all I can say for now.

Gene@HSGI

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I will only comment that it's quite unique and does not require the use of MALICE clips. That's all I can say for now.

Gene@HSGI

Thats what I wanted to hear. I was hoping it would NOT use malice clips to reduce the bulk and stiffness.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Does anyone have an actual direct link to what's in the picture? I can't find it on SOE's site.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Does anyone have an actual direct link to what's in the picture? I can't find it on SOE's site.

Check their facebook page. I'm pretty sure you don't need an account on their page.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#39]
http://www.originalsoegear.com/3x6subload.html

mine just showed up today.  pretty nice although i need to modify the belt loops so it can be closer to the belt
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

challenge accepted get one and send it over

@ Gene at HSGI, can we get this done? I believe the photos will do more than enough to promote the product. You can even bill it to my account, but not Piggly_Wiggly's...... he hates when I charge things to him without prior knowledge.

SOS

Link Posted: 8/22/2012 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
i figured out how to customize the SOE rig for what i'm going for.  i only gave it about 10 minutes of time and took some pics real quick, i'll just have to figure out how to attach it to my belt.  

not the pouches i'm going to run and that isn't the belt i'll use either, just some quick R&D.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like its coming along!  are you gonna be able to get it any higher on the hip? Thanks for the pics, lets me see whats possible with this panel before I order.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow, I am very interested in this rig for 3gun! I'll be buying one when they go into production!

One small aspect that I was able to pick up on HSGI's design that SOE isn't offering is the "no-slip" rubber gripper thread woven into the leg strap eliminating movement and making the strap stretchy thus providing a tighter strap.

Blackhawk uses similar straps on their leg panels. I've often been issued a Safariland leg rig and wished I had the blackhawk strap on it! I've also modded a few things to use old left over leg straps from blackhawk products.

We're waiting!
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
i figured out how to customize the SOE rig for what i'm going for.  i only gave it about 10 minutes of time and took some pics real quick, i'll just have to figure out how to attach it to my belt.  
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/07E2113F-8350-43C7-9ACF-19625AAE4C04-189-0000000DC449F5B9.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/EE95880D-0D1E-4851-93B4-BC76D1E3A797-189-0000000DBF250E01.jpg

not the pouches i'm going to run and that isn't the belt i'll use either, just some quick R&D.

I hope those aren't the shorts you're going to "run" either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, I am very interested in this rig for 3gun! I'll be buying one when they go into production!
One small aspect that I was able to pick up on HSGI's design that SOE isn't offering is the "no-slip" rubber gripper thread woven into the leg strap eliminating movement and making the strap stretchy thus providing a tighter strap.
Blackhawk uses similar straps on their leg panels. I've often been issued a Safariland leg rig and wished I had the blackhawk strap on it! I've also modded a few things to use old left over leg straps from blackhawk products.
We're waiting!

the leg strap has a section that is elastic so it has stretch to it do you can have it pretty tight and still have the movement.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/07E2113F-8350-43C7-9ACF-19625AAE4C04-189-0000000DC449F5B9.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/EE95880D-0D1E-4851-93B4-BC76D1E3A797-189-0000000DBF250E01.jpg

I hope those aren't the shorts you're going to "run" either.

oh god, are you going to give us a speech on how cutoff cammies are disrespectful to the uniform?
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That really looks totally uncomfortable. That strap looks like will be major chaffing on the leg, nut sack area.  You start runnning and moving a lot and that will be total discomfort.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#49]
I had the Blackhawk I used for quite a while in the slightly dropped set up for rifle mags. I loved it. Somehow my son talked me out of it. So, I'll be getting one of HSGI Costa improved designs when it is available.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That really looks totally uncomfortable. That strap looks like will be major chaffing on the leg, nut sack area.  You start running and moving a lot and that will be total discomfort.

like i said, i messed with it for about 10min.  i just posed those pics so people can get an idea of how that SOE rig fits and if they want to modify it.

Quoted:

oh god, are you going to give us a speech on how cutoff cammies are disrespectful to the uniform?

ya i'm not sure where he is going with that either.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top