Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:02:39 AM EDT
I want to put together a battle belt to help keep me organized at the range and I'm also signed up for a Costa carbine class in a few months and I currently have no load bearing setup. But I also want it to be practical if SHTF. I was looking into the HSGI padded belt but Im worried about the belt riding up, twisting and bouncing aorund while running. I havn't ruled it out but I'm also looking into using a Bianchi 2" duty belt and I was wondering if anyone has made one this way or has any input.  I like the duty belt because I can attach it to an inner belt with keepers. I was going to go with hsgi tacos with belt slide adaptors. I'm cross dominant so my setup would go clockwise like this...
single rifle taco
G-code RTI duty mount with Serpa holster or G-code OSH for my M&P
single rifle taco
9 and 10 o'clock would have 2 dual tacos for rifle and handgun mags.
I would definately add some type of medical pouch at some point as well.

I like the tacos cause I will be able to change from m4/Glock loadout to AK/M&P. And if this loadout was too heavy I would get some suspenders. I crunched the numbers and the cost for a duty belt with the adapters would be about the same as if I went with the padded belt.

Thanks in advance and any pics of your setups would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with using a plain old duty belt. The problem I find with using one alone comes when you load it up with gear. With 4-6 rifle mags, pistol mags, pistol, and med gear, you may want to think about the padded war belt. It will be more comfortable than just a belt alone.

Having worn a roughly 15 pound duty belt for work for the last five years, I can tell you they aren't that comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
My personal Cross Eye Dominant First Line..

Nothing too fancy, just the necessities...

The Platform:

HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt (Fat Boy Size)

HSGI Cobra Riggers Belt (Fat Boy Size)

HSGI High Speed Low Drag Suspenders

Pouches From Left To Right:

3x HSGI Pistol TACO's

1x HSGI Modular Pistol Magazine Pouch (Holds Surefire G2)

1x HSGI Bleeder/Blowout Pouch

1x G-Code OSH RTI Holster Mounted on G-Code RTI MOLLE Adapter

2x HSGI TACO's

And yes, I am cross eye dominant.. (Shoot Rifle Lefty, Pistol Righty)

CXS
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting Dirty at a Rifle Class..

Before

After

CXS
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do go with the warbelt, I would see if the two tacos can fit side by side instead of splitting them with your holster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yea Custom! fat boy style! haha

diggin it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hell yea Custom! fat boy style! haha

diggin it.

Yea. I'm down 40lbs and 3 pants sizes since these pics were taken.

I'm still a big boy though.

CXS
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the Emdom MM-CM belt, its a molle friendly duty belt.  Selling my BFG setup on the EE and most likely going with this belt as a base.

http://www.skdtac.com/Emdom-MM-CM-Belt-p/e2m.105.htm
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Padded belt all the way:

ATS War Belt review
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok guys, thanks for all the input. I think what I'm going to do is go with the duty belt first and if I dont like it then I'll get a padded belt and I'm out $30. Oh well. I dont think the weight on a duty belt will bother me.  I estimate that 4 rifle mags, 2 glock mags and loaded Glock 22, holster, belt and pouches will be just under 10lbs. Thats pretty close to the weight of my current duty rig and I've never had issues with it. I've been looking hard at different padded belts and thats what I want to go with but I just think I'll be really annoyed if it rides up even just a little.  When I get it all set up I'll post some pics on this thread. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe there aren't keepers available anywhere for padded "war belts", STILL.

I have a C-TOMS belt (NOT cheap!), and I like it, until it rides up. Then I can adjust it and it'll slide down. Or I use it with a drop-leg holster and it will only ride up on one side! I could use it with suspenders on a looser setting and maybe end up with something that is usually acceptable.

If I could tie it to my inner trouser belt, and use suspenders I would be totally set.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I think some war belts are over padded, that leads to riding up. Over padded belts dont have any grip or bite on your waist.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think some war belts are over padded, that leads to riding up. Over padded belts dont have any grip or bite on your waist.

My OSOE tappered war belt does not ride up at all.  The inside has a little padding but it also has a grip texture covinging the inside kind of like that sheet stuff you line kitchen drawers with.  Once you get the cobra belt set for the right width to go around your waist that's where it stays even while running, climbing, or rolling around on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Here it is. I ended up just using the malice clips instead of the hsgi belt adapters. (they caused a big gap between pouches)
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01182-1.jpg
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01185.jpg
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01186.jpg
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Is there any reason you war belt guys dont use some velcro on the inside of the war belt, and wear a velcro liner belt in your pant loops?  It's the best solution out there for game rigs, I would think it would help the padded belts too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want to put together a battle belt to help keep me organized at the range and I'm also signed up for a Costa carbine class in a few months and I currently have no load bearing setup. But I also want it to be practical if SHTF. I was looking into the HSGI padded belt but Im worried about the belt riding up, twisting and bouncing aorund while running. I havn't ruled it out but I'm also looking into using a Bianchi 2" duty belt and I was wondering if anyone has made one this way or has any input.  I like the duty belt because I can attach it to an inner belt with keepers. I was going to go with hsgi tacos with belt slide adaptors. I'm cross dominant so my setup would go clockwise like this...
single rifle taco
G-code RTI duty mount with Serpa holster or G-code OSH for my M&P
single rifle taco
9 and 10 o'clock would have 2 dual tacos for rifle and handgun mags.
I would definately add some type of medical pouch at some point as well.

I like the tacos cause I will be able to change from m4/Glock loadout to AK/M&P. And if this loadout was too heavy I would get some suspenders. I crunched the numbers and the cost for a duty belt with the adapters would be about the same as if I went with the padded belt.

Thanks in advance and any pics of your setups would be appreciated.

Are you taking the North Carolina class? If so, I will be there as we are Co-hosting this event.

Gene @ HSGI

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I took my first carbine class last month. I got the emonds duty belt from SKD with the shorty kywi mag pouches,dumps pouch hsgi  bleeder pouch and my pistol stuff.  it  fits nice
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, Gene, I will see you there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
HAving worn a duty belt for 12 years I suggest getting some suspenders for that sucker.  Takes some of the weight off teh hips/low back and puts it on shoulders.  Way more comfortable and improves agility.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Is there any reason you war belt guys dont use some velcro on the inside of the war belt, and wear a velcro liner belt in your pant loops? It's the best solution out there for game rigs, I would think it would help the padded belts too.

I'm planning on having a strip of velcro sewn into my ATS war belt.  I don't know of any padded belts that come set up that way though.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is there any reason you war belt guys dont use some velcro on the inside of the war belt, and wear a velcro liner belt in your pant loops? It's the best solution out there for game rigs, I would think it would help the padded belts too.

I'm planning on having a strip of velcro sewn into my ATS war belt.  I don't know of any padded belts that come set up that way though.

US Grunt Gear Infidel War Belt comes that way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oGpkKtQWjs
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

US Grunt Gear Infidel War Belt comes that way...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oGpkKtQWjs

+1 on the US Grunt Gear Infidel.  I have one and absolutely love it.  It stays put no matter what you're doing whether it be crouching, prone, running, jumping, etc.  Get one and you'll love it too.  I've worn duty belts for 20 years and when they're loaded down even half as much as my warbelt will kill your hips half way through a shift (or whatever you're doing).  I'm actually in the process of trying to get the USGG warbelts for our team for regular duty use.

Link Posted: 8/4/2012 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a duty belt and chest rig if I am not wearing my armor. If I am on a call out, I roll with a lightened duty belt (pistol mags, drop leg holster, handcuff holder). Everything else goes up on my plate carrier.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Run a duty belt as my set up too.  If you are running a slick armor or a chest rig then you don't really need all that on the belt.  I also run a riggers belt underneath and have blet keeper to keep everything in place.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I just started using a belt. Normally I run with everything om my armor. (old school military rationale).
This is what Im using now. Ghetto as hell but Im just starting out. Plus Im real estate challenged (short).

Work rig.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here it is. I ended up just using the malice clips instead of the hsgi belt adapters. (they caused a big gap between pouches)
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01182-1.jpg
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01185.jpg
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/cmm40-6/DSC01186.jpg

I like this what belt is that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top