User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:20:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll start

HSGI Moose V2

Bought it roughly early 2010.

Great quality work as always from HSGI. I've noticed though that after about 2 years of use the grip pad on the shoulder straps is coming a bit rubbed off. TO be expected and doesn't take away from the pack itself. I've loaded this thing down with upwards of 30 pounds of gear and did a 8 mile hike with no issues. The adjustable lift straps really help with this but their only fault is that they are really stiff. Its an open design pack that I got to replace my old Camelbak BFM that I used for EVERYTHING, needless to say it was overkill and really heavy. So after looking around I picked this up. As you can see from the outside its got PALS all around (and inside too minus the cover flap-mesh pockets there) I've added a few things to it here and there. Its configured differently now than you see in the next photo but the same general concept: admin pouch on the outside, an E&E kit (also HSGI), accessory pouch (for gloves, snack bar, etc..), and a Naglene pocket (also HSGI). Inside I've added a BFG 10 speed 3 mag shingle for 5.56mm and have a bladder inside.

One of the greatest thigns about this pack is the beaver tail which at the time was a novelty among assult packs but is now pretty common place. I've used it and the straps that lash it to the pack to secure everything form a kevlar (see next photo) to jackets I wasn't wearing to a sleeping pad for the field. On the abovementioned 8 miler I also slapped on an axe to the bottom PALS while having the beaver tail hold onto my ACH. It gets a lot of use and has held up well. Its really a day pack in the true sense that you can load it up quickly and access everything easily. But you can stuff it with more and lash on more pouches if need to. I really want to get some ITW buckles and sinch straps to put a sleeping bag on the bottom for overnight trips so that I don't need to have "two bags" or take my Eblerstock V69 (replaced my Tactical Tailor MALICE ruck on this tour).

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The ATS RAID II.

A few different configs..

It's a bomb-proof, well built pack. It can hold a lot of crap, and can be cinched pretty small. I use a USGI waterproof bag inside, and small items in the MC pouch mounted to the flap.

The pack is used for everything - carrying the laptop to work, assault pack for field operations, training, shooting rest, running, light hiking, light camping...

I find it much more comfortable over armor than most packs. I used to own a TT enhanced 3 day pack, and while it would look comfortable - it really wasn't over armor. I don't use that one anymore because the shoulder strap got shot and I lent it to a buddy.

I would recommend the RAID II to any infantry or SOF dude who wants a nice assault pack. It isn't as useful for a civilian.

My advise? Get the frame insert, mount a couple of pouches to the inside for organization, tape up your straps (obvious) and it will serve you well.

ETA: It has provisions for a waist belt, I'm not sure where to get one that will work with it though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Bag taggage.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Okay, I made an Announcement and I'll start trying to find reviews and organize the links there. If anyone has a better idea for organization, let me know.  

You can kill the spaces between the lines I think. Organize it like this:

Packs
- Brand, Type, Link
- Brand, Type, Link

Chest Rigs
- Brand, Type, Link

Plate Carriers
- Brand, Type, link

That's kind of how the other thread was and it was tacked to the top. I think in lieu of a "foot locker" type section of the website that's the best way to organize any reviews and links to them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple of shots of my RAID II I use as a range bag. I dig this thing. The zippers on it are the most boss zippers I have ever encountered. Love the modularity.
Breaking in a Ruger 77/22 Varmint Soul Stealer.

Just had shooting rests, a cheap NV scope, snacks in the outer pouches from TT, ammo in the Maxpedition pouch, and a blaster and mags in the pack. I have an old shelter half I use as a shooting mat that I roll up and lash to the left side of the pack. Works great.

100 yard shooting platform.

50 yard group with Fderal .22LR 36gr FMJ.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top