Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:38:04 PM EDT
Helikon Tex has some nice looking stuff and I know there are few retailers online in Europe selling it, but are there any US retailers selling it?

Link Posted: 11/1/2011 9:29:24 PM EDT
Not that I was able to find. I bought a pair of the SFU pants a couple months ago from hwesta.eu on their ebay store. I got the coyote nyco ripstop and I love them. The cargo pockets ride nice and high on my thigh instead of knee level on a lot of other styles. The pants are competitively priced at $40, but the shipping was another $19. The one negative thing that I can come up with is that i wish the back pockets had a flap but not a deal breaker. I might pick up one of their softshell jackets to try out too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:06:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2011 8:08:34 AM EDT by tanker99]
I stocked some Helikon for a while but it didn't really sell well. Part of the problem was that while it is nice clothing, shipping and customs brokerage fees killed me. For one-offs, Hwesta.eu is a good retailer and I used them before I became a dealer myself.

I like the SFU too - It is more of a classic BDU versus the ACU but with the modern tacticool pockets. I also wear the Defender shirt and it is a nice heavy fabric––good for fall/winter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:55:55 PM EDT
Check E-bay, Ladylala out of Texas has a lot of Helikon gear. prices seem fair.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:55:07 PM EDT
Don't expect much from Helikon gear. Buyers beware
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:13:37 PM EDT
For: thevibe, Elaborate on your statement, I may be in the market for thier Combat Jacket. I haven't heard any real negative comments on thier stuff until now. I don't want to waste a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:08:00 PM EDT
I may be wrong but I think Helikon has a Polish miltary contract. If that is in fact true, then it should be GTG.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:20:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thevibe:

What is wrong with it in your personal experience?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:30:45 PM EDT
Helikon Tex is as good as any other military manufacturer. By that I mean it's not the best you can get but it certainly isn't bad. The only issue I had when ordering is if I ordered something that the Polish Army had need of, it took a few extra weeks. This was only limited to Polish desert camo combat shirts and trousers, though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:33:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dawg180:
Originally Posted By thevibe:

What is wrong with it in your personal experience?

This was exactly my experience. Flat out junk. Get a condor for the price, the summits aren't bad at all comparing to my TAD
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2011 2:24:32 PM EDT by ImpacTT]
a lot of helikon gear is rip off from other people designs and most of it is made in china unfortunately.

ETA: the video posted above cracked me up..lmao
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:40:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:
a lot of helikon gear is rip off from other people designs and most of it is made in china unfortunately.

ETA: the video posted above cracked me up..lmao

Right? Haha the music made me laugh a bit.

I thought Helikon Tex was made in Poland?
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 12:42:07 PM EDT
not much made in Poland from the samples I saw while in Europe. Mostly use by airsofters over there.

The Condor gear seems better and available here.
Top Top