Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:38:04 PM EDT
Helikon Tex has some nice looking stuff and I know there are few retailers online in Europe selling it, but are there any US retailers selling it?

Link Posted: 11/1/2011 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that I was able to find. I bought a pair of the SFU pants a couple months ago from hwesta.eu on their ebay store. I got the coyote nyco ripstop and I love them. The cargo pockets ride nice and high on my thigh instead of knee level on a lot of other styles. The pants are competitively priced at $40, but the shipping was another $19. The one negative thing that I can come up with is that i wish the back pockets had a flap but not a deal breaker. I might pick up one of their softshell jackets to try out too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I stocked some Helikon for a while but it didn't really sell well.  Part of the problem was that while it is nice clothing, shipping and customs brokerage fees killed me.  For one-offs, Hwesta.eu is a good retailer and I used them before I became a dealer myself.

I like the SFU too - It is more of a classic BDU versus the ACU but with the modern tacticool pockets.  I also wear the Defender shirt and it is a nice heavy fabric––good for fall/winter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Check E-bay, Ladylala out of Texas has a lot of Helikon gear. prices seem fair.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't expect much from Helikon gear. Buyers beware
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
For: thevibe, Elaborate on your statement, I may be in the market for thier Combat Jacket. I haven't heard any real negative comments on thier stuff until now. I don't want to waste  a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be wrong but I think Helikon has a Polish miltary contract.  If that is in fact true, then it should be GTG.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is wrong with it in your personal experience?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Helikon Tex is as good as any other military manufacturer.  By that I mean it's not the best you can get but it certainly isn't bad.  The only issue I had when ordering is if I ordered something that the Polish Army had need of, it took a few extra weeks.  This was only limited to Polish desert camo combat shirts and trousers, though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is wrong with it in your personal experience?

This was exactly my experience. Flat out junk. Get a condor for the price, the summits aren't bad at all comparing to my TAD
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
a lot of helikon gear is rip off from other people designs and most of it is made in china unfortunately.

ETA: the video posted above cracked me up..lmao
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
a lot of helikon gear is rip off from other people designs and most of it is made in china unfortunately.

ETA: the video posted above cracked me up..lmao

Right? Haha the music made me laugh a bit.

I thought Helikon Tex was made in Poland?
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
not much made in Poland from the samples I saw while in Europe. Mostly use by airsofters over there.

The Condor gear seems better and available here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top