BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

@MotorMouth

The holster is a Trex Arms Ragnarok with ALS Attachment.  Great holster!
The helmet is a MTEK Carbon -V Flux n Multicam Black.  Great helmet, I can’t recommend them enough.  The fun stuff attached:
- RNVG (ANVIS) with L3 WP tubes
- Wilcox G24
- Wilcox lanyard system
- surefire m300V on a Magpul offset mount
- tnvc gen II Mowhawk in MC black
- Core Survival Helstar 6
- I removed all the excess Velcro on the helmet as MTEK puts a lot of it from the factory.
Pic
https://i.imgur.com/VuPSvfN.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

@-KentuckyWindage-

Please tell us about the MC holster and the MCB helmet.

@MotorMouth

The holster is a Trex Arms Ragnarok with ALS Attachment.  Great holster!
The helmet is a MTEK Carbon -V Flux n Multicam Black.  Great helmet, I can’t recommend them enough.  The fun stuff attached:
- RNVG (ANVIS) with L3 WP tubes
- Wilcox G24
- Wilcox lanyard system
- surefire m300V on a Magpul offset mount
- tnvc gen II Mowhawk in MC black
- Core Survival Helstar 6
- I removed all the excess Velcro on the helmet as MTEK puts a lot of it from the factory.
Pic
https://i.imgur.com/VuPSvfN.jpg

Very nice.  I assume you got the insta-badge for that photo.  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#3]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

They're integrating ALS retention into their holsters now? Or did you mean a QLS plate?
View Quote

Whoops sorry wrong acronym yes QLS...
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone try Raptor Tactical's Magnus pouches? They look neat but I wonder how they compare to Esstac, Tacos etc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Spiritus lv119 OTB multicam
Spiritus lv119 overt ranger green
Spirits micro flight chest right ranger green.

Ltc 26605 plates in the multicam
Garbage steel plates in the ranger green.
(Hoping to pick up another set of the 26605s)
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DocBach:
What did you modify on it? Cut out the inside straps?
View Quote

Quick release raptor buckles on the shoulders
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#7]
Just like the work vest;

Attachment Attached File

This one feels massively heavy in the hands, but not when it's ON me.  The plates are about 7.5 pounds, about the same as the old AR500 Level III plates that went bye bye some time ago, but this is HG 4401 Level 4.
I tried to cut everything that didn't "make holes, stop holes or plug holes".  Except the half sized water jug on the back. Quick photo

Attachment Attached File

Is this riding too low on my fat gut? The top of the plate seems to ride kind of low...edit to add, with all the Velcro sound this thing makes, when I move I won't be sneaking up on anyone while wearing it...

I added the AR and the weight became noticeable and floppy with the single point sling. I also was painfully reminded I have NEVER ever used this gear but on a square range, and not with the current pate setup. Yes, that's coming soon. I am also wondering; 90% of you guys have triple mag pouches dead center. I have only doubles. If you were using JUST a double, would you move it to weak side or strong side? Thinking weak - I might delete one of the mag pouches as my current possible use scenario is in the home only. If they call ME for militia duty, we are hosed as a nation, and I'll go down fighting, or flopping, whichever comes first. In the house I can'tthink that 90 rounds really ought to be enough, even in the many multiple invader reports we hear nowadays. Also, my S.O Tech TQ holder is driving me nuts, cannot get it to hold a CAT right and stay on to save me life.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Just like the work vest;

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Me_at_work_edit_jpg-1511561.JPG

This one feels massively heavy in the hands, but not when it's ON me.  The plates are about 7.5 pounds, about the same as the old AR500 Level III plates that went bye bye some time ago, but this is HG 4401 Level 4.
I tried to cut everything that didn't "make holes, stop holes or plug holes".  Except the half sized water jug on the back. Quick photo

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/PC_7_19_2020_jpg-1511579.JPG

Is this riding too low on my fat gut? The top of the plate seems to ride kind of low...edit to add, with all the Velcro sound this thing makes, when I move I won't be sneaking up on anyone while wearing it...

I added the AR and the weight became noticeable and floppy with the single point sling. I also was painfully reminded I have NEVER ever used this gear but on a square range, and not with the current pate setup. Yes, that's coming soon. I am also wondering; 90% of you guys have triple mag pouches dead center. I have only doubles. If you were using JUST a double, would you move it to weak side or strong side? Thinking weak - I might delete one of the mag pouches as my current possible use scenario is in the home only. If they call ME for militia duty, we are hosed as a nation, and I'll go down fighting, or flopping, whichever comes first. In the house I can'tthink that 90 rounds really ought to be enough, even in the many multiple invader reports we hear nowadays. Also, my S.O Tech TQ holder is driving me nuts, cannot get it to hold a CAT right and stay on to save me life.
View Quote
I would bias rifle mags towards your support side, as that is the hand you should be loading the rifle with.

I also like to keep the strong side as clean as possible, so there is less to potentially interfere with a pistol draw or other strong hand work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Please bear with this old squid as I struggle to learn new tricks.
For in home use, how does this set up strike you? If I had a triple panel I would use it..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
For in home use, how does this set up strike you? If I had a triple panel I would use it..
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/20200720_172115_HDR__1__jpg-1512461.JPG
View Quote

Is there any room on the side or back for your IFAK?
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/20200720_172115_HDR__1__jpg-1512461.JPG
View Quote
probably dont need the hydration carrier inside you home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#13]
Valid point. Perhaps it would be better said "light usage", as I won't be patrolling anywhere anytime in the near or far future, most likely. For most basic uses this seems OK.

I could move the IFAK somewhere else, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Valid point. Perhaps it would be better said "light usage", as I won't be patrolling anywhere anytime in the near or far future, most likely. For most basic uses this seems OK.

I could move the IFAK somewhere else, I guess.
View Quote

Reason I asked was because having mags high up like that makes for an awkward and uncomfortable draw
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I actually id try that before, and worked OK, but I see your point. I can try something different.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:35:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Can anyone discuss placing a backpack on a plate carrier? I know Ferro Concepts / Haley Stategic and others are offering backpack options that attach directly to a PC. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is a good idea. It can't really be accessed while the PC is worn while a normal backpack can just be taken off while maintaining PC coverage.

Whats the thought process with the PC attached backpack?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dafro:
Can anyone discuss placing a backpack on a plate carrier? I know Ferro Concepts / Haley Stategic and others are offering backpack options that attach directly to a PC. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is a good idea. It can't really be accessed while the PC is worn while a normal backpack can just be taken off while maintaining PC coverage.

View Quote

I run a condor hydration pack, with no bladder as a "backpack". I use it for small things that are not going to be needed during mission, but I want with me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:21:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hojo15] [#18]
Here is my LBT 6094A. I'm running SA3100 level IIIA soft armor front and back as plate backers for my level IV ceramic stand alone plates, I have 5.5x13 SA3100 level IIIA in the cumberbund and a SA3100 IIIA panel in my Joey pouch dangler.

For comms I've got a BF UV-82HP dual band/dual PTT in the left side mag pouch and will be routing the antenna to the back as soon as the cable arrives.

Std load out is 4 M4 mags but can add 3 more in the kangaroo pouch and another if I move my radio (the LBT has a radio pocket in the cumberbund that I could use). I also have 1 pistol mag and flashlight in the ATS double mag pouch. In the Tactical Tailor admin pouch is an extra radio battery as well as other misc items. I also have a BFG micro dump pouch on the left side towards the back and a Gerber Strong arm blade on the right behind my primary TQ.

The dangler is my ifak and has extra TQ.

On the back is a Source Razor hydration blader

I'm also running a HSGI sure grip padded belt with 2 M4 and 2 pistol mags, another TQ, small ifak, a larger dump pouch and a Safariland 6360 holster.

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Acelink armor any good? I recently came across them just looking around the web. I've never heard of them & never heard them discussed here.

https://acelinkarmor.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dafro:

View Quote

Generally, they are intended for team use where a partner can access mission critical items should they need to be used. In the civilian mindset, they are there for hydration, and other items one would want to keep on their person but not require immediate access. Personally, I have the smaller Flatpack on my slickster. I use it mainly as a hydration compartment. It also has some light weather layers that would require me to take my PC off anyways. I can also take it off the PC and integrate into my micro chest rig. it takes a tad bit of effort to swap, but I like being able to swap should the need arise. I'll probably end up leaving it on and running a second flatpack or similar setup when I dont need armor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking at getting a dangler for my plate carrier so I can have a IFAK on my carrier. Any suggestions on med kits that are premade or list of contents I should put in there besides TQs? Anything else I should put in there?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
Looking at getting a dangler for my plate carrier so I can have a IFAK on my carrier. Any suggestions on med kits that are premade or list of contents I should put in there besides TQs? Anything else I should put in there?
View Quote

Spiritus has a few that are made for their danglers. They'll also fit in just about any of the other ones. Most smaller prepacked trauma kits will fit a dangler if organized right.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m entirely ignorant of body armor aside from what the levels mean, but I’m looking to pick up some plates and a carrier. I’ve looked through this thread a bit, but seeing as how I have no idea what I’m doing I’m not sure what to be looking for.

Anyone have tips for selecting a carrier?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I’m entirely ignorant of body armor aside from what the levels mean, but I’m looking to pick up some plates and a carrier. I’ve looked through this thread a bit, but seeing as how I have no idea what I’m doing I’m not sure what to be looking for.

View Quote

How much money do you want to spend?

Carrier is better than no carrier, but cheap carriers and heavy cheap armor suck. I know because I've done that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#25]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Carrier is better than no carrier, but cheap carriers and heavy cheap armor suck. I know because I've done that.
View All Quotes

I don’t have a number in mind, but I’m not looking to spend a ton.

Maybe $200ish for just the carrier?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Been looking at stuff & damn near everybody is sold out. Leads times are crazy long as well.

My budget is $500 for plate & carrier. Not really sure what “teir” that’ll get me, but it’s what I can afford.

But I can’t decide what or from whom I should buy.

Never really had a thought as to why I’d need it until the spring of 2020 came around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I was at Allied Surplus picking up the TQ holder when I spied a minimalist plate carrier setup that I think would work well for the BREN, but it seemed low price and a name I'd never heard of. Anyone know anything about Rothco? It looked a little cheesy, but I don't know, about $50 seemed light for quality.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I was at Allied Surplus picking up the TQ holder when I spied a minimalist plate carrier setup that I think would work well for the BREN, but it seemed low price and a name I'd never heard of. Anyone know anything about Rothco? It looked a little cheesy, but I don't know, about $50 seemed light for quality.
View Quote

Rothco is generally considered junk.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Rothco, Condor, Voodoo. Really all the stuff sold at "surplus" stores is bottom level junk barely fit for Halloween costumes.
View All Quotes

Rothco, Condor, Voodoo. Really all the stuff sold at "surplus" stores is bottom level junk barely fit for Halloween costumes.

This is fair, I usually avoid junk.  This got me wondering about budget carriers. What about a carrier for a wife who openly says she’s not ever going to wear it unless the world is ending?  Would the cheap junk still be a off-the-table option?  I already have decent plates for her.  

She’s tiny, like 5’ with a short torso too. She shoots a youth model shotgun.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

This is fair, I usually avoid junk.  This got me wondering about budget carriers. What about a carrier for a wife who openly says she’s not ever going to wear it unless the world is ending?  Would the cheap junk still be a off-the-table option?  I already have decent plates for her.  

She’s tiny, like 5’ with a short torso too. She shoots a youth model shotgun.

Thanks.
View Quote

LBX
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#32]

LBX
View Quote

Looks like a good option and price point. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1787] [#33]
Originally Posted By benw8887:

Been looking at stuff & damn near everybody is sold out. Leads times are crazy long as well.

My budget is $500 for plate & carrier. Not really sure what “teir” that’ll get me, but it’s what I can afford.

Never really had a thought as to why I’d need it until the spring of 2020 came around.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By benw8887:

That budget will get you a Crye JPC 2.0 and a pair of RMA 1155s or Hesco 4401s.

It's a "one of the best" plate carrier and great Level IV plates (albeit a bit heavier than the premium options).

ETA:  I'd get the PC directly from Crye, and the plates directly from RMA.  They seem to have the fastest turn around times considering the current madness.

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 1787:

That budget will get you a Crye JPC 2.0 and a pair of RMA 1155s or Hesco 4401s.

It's a "one of the best" plate carrier and great Level IV plates (albeit a bit heavier than the premium options).

ETA:  I'd get the PC directly from Crye, and the plates directly from RMA.  They seem to have the fastest turn around times considering the current madness.

View Quote

Thank you. I'll check it out. I'm buying this week, as I'd like to have it before Nov.

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:45:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#35]
This is what I’m thinking: https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc06602lg0_jpc-20

Any reason not to go with that?

ETA: The plates I’m looking at are 9.85" x 11.8", so they’re kind of in between a medium and large, if I go with a large carrier will that work okay?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#36]
This is what I'm thinking: https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc06602lg0_jpc-20

ETA: The plates I'm looking at are 9.85" x 11.8", so they're kind of in between a medium and large, if I go with a large carrier will that work okay?
View Quote
I would recommend a JPC medium for your plates.  I have Highcom "10x12" plates, which are really about 9.5"x11.5".  It fits good and snug in the medium JPC 2.0 with just about 3/4" of dead space on the bottom.  JPC's have no internal straps or support to adjust the plate, they just have to stretch fit the plate bag, so if you go with a large, your plate will probably shift around in the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#37]
This is what I’m thinking: https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc06602lg0_jpc-20

ETA: The plates I’m looking at are 9.85" x 11.8", so they’re kind of in between a medium and large, if I go with a large carrier will that work okay?
View Quote

Does Crye ship quickly? I was under the impression that these are in stock but a long wait.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:06:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#38]
Just your basic setup nothing high speed but all I need minus the Shoulder pads I need to order.  Gonna use my JPC 2.0 that's due in around Aug 12th for ultra low pro and lightweight so still gotta find the right plates for it...........

Ferro Slickster
Ferro Mini Dangler ( Ordered just for the fuck of it prolly wont run it)
Haley Strategic DC3RM
Spartan 10x12 Lvl IV Multi Hit Ceramics (7lbs ea)

ETA:  Got the FS Tubes cumberbun upgrade on order............
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:
Just your basic setup nothing high speed but all I need minus the Shoulder pads I need to order.  Gonna use my JPC 2.0 that's due in around Aug 12th for ultra low pro and lightweight so still gotta find the right plates for it...........

https://i.imgur.com/kOsvRot.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OlZM90M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1dzEz5i.jpg

Ferro Slickster
Haley Strategic DC3RM

ETA:  Got the FS Tubes cumberbun upgrade on order.
View Quote

Who'd you go with?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Nice. I've been thinking about that. Gonna get the iceplate combo first and free up my flatpack
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Nice. I've been thinking about that. Gonna get the iceplate combo first and free up my flatpack
View Quote

Will be looking for your review on that I've been contemplating it but just not sure...............Keep us updated please sir.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Will be looking for your review on that I've been contemplating it but just not sure...............Keep us updated please sir.......
View Quote

It's gonna be a bit. Had to replace the kitchen table this weekend.
Link
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Hojo15:
Here is my LBT 6094A. I'm running SA3100 level IIIA soft armor front and back as plate backers for my level IV ceramic stand alone plates, I have 5.5x13 SA3100 level IIIA in the cumberbund and a SA3100 IIIA panel in my Joey pouch dangler.

For comms I've got a BF UV-82HP dual band/dual PTT in the left side mag pouch and will be routing the antenna to the back as soon as the cable arrives.

Std load out is 4 M4 mags but can add 3 more in the kangaroo pouch and another if I move my radio (the LBT has a radio pocket in the cumberbund that I could use). I also have 1 pistol mag and flashlight in the ATS double mag pouch. In the Tactical Tailor admin pouch is an extra radio battery as well as other misc items. I also have a BFG micro dump pouch on the left side towards the back and a Gerber Strong arm blade on the right behind my primary TQ.

The dangler is my ifak and has extra TQ.

On the back is a Source Razor hydration blader

I'm also running a HSGI sure grip padded belt with 2 M4 and 2 pistol mags, another TQ, small ifak, a larger dump pouch and a Safariland 6360 holster.

https://i.imgur.com/4qdRwUe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eaWkBVS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i0Ahr4w.jpg

View Quote

As that admin pouch fills out, you'd be surprised how hard retrieving a mag can be. I have that same carrier. After trying 3-4 different options in that location, I ended up going slick above the front 3 magazines.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

As that admin pouch fills out, you'd be surprised how hard retrieving a mag can be. I have that same carrier. After trying 3-4 different options in that location, I ended up going slick above the front 3 magazines.
View Quote

The smart play is usually to keep anything from sitting above your magazines. Voluntary hinderance of your reloads is a terrible idea. Unless you absolutely need an admin pouch (most really don't anyway) find a better spot on your kit or your day-pack. A compass, a small folding knife, a Bic lighter, chapstick, and maybe some foam earpro is really all that would be a good idea for an admin pouch. But could that stuff go anywhere else, more than likely no one is patrolling from long humps in any of this gear anymore.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Ferro Slickster
Haley Strategic DC3RM

View Quote

Seems a little backwards to use a JPC 2.0 as an ultra lightweight and low pro carrier, and a Slickster with traditional loadout...
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#47]

I don’t have a number in mind, but I’m not looking to spend a ton.

Maybe $200ish for just the carrier?
View Quote

Spiritus Systems LV119.  You can get overt or covert but the best combination is the overt front bag and the covert rear bag since there are no current packs that are capable of zipping on.  But having an attached pack doesn't make much sense anyway from an actual tactical standpoint.  It has swift clips hidden in the front in order to attach either spiritus placards or any other companies placards.  But those same placards are able to be attached to spiritus systems chest rigs which is worth spending the extra money on as well.  Ive worn many plate carriers during my time in the military and the spiritus is hands down the most versatile and the most comfortable.  Total price is just about 250 for front and rear bags, and whichever cummerbund you choose.  

My second choice would be the crye JPC.  I don't have the 2.0 but it is slightly better than the JPC 1.0 that I was issued but if you could get your hands on the 1.0 for much cheaper than the 2.0 I would say to go that route.  

When it comes to plates though....cheap steel plates are heavy and suck.  They dont hug your body at all, run the risk of shooting spall into your neck, face, and extremities when hit by a bullet, and are heavy, but the plates are thin(about 1/3") and maintain their integrity through high heat like being kept in a hot car all the time and being struck by bullets better than the other two options.  However, I feel you would ultimately be unhappy and I would be doing you a disservice by saying to save some money and get steel plates because you should spend the money on something that you can trust with your life.  Ceramic plates are more bulky(about 1") but far lighter than steel.  Ceramics range in price greatly though.  The added bulk is far outweighed by the reduction in weight.  UHMWPE (polyethylene) plates are basically just levels of plastic stacked together.  They are the lightest option and are pretty reasonably priced and are buoyant which is good if youre in the maritime domain.  They can also withstand more shots than ceramic plates.  

At the end of the day though...just make sure you get NIJ certified plates.  Some companies sell NIJ COMPLIANT plates which are independently tested by the company to be within the NIJs specifications but that requires you to trust that the company actually did a thorough test of their product.  

My recommendation is to get Spritus systems lv119 overt front bag, covert rear bag, the elastic cummerbund with the Spiritus micro fight chest rig and then get some UHMWPE level 3 or 4 plates with level 3a soft armor behind it.  It will all fit and and be comfortable all while maintaining the necessary mobility and dexterity that you will need. Thats the exact rig I ran for awhile toward the end of my career and its the one that I keep in my truck wherever I go.  I keep my old JPC in my closet.  Still can't get rid of that PC for sentimental reasons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#48]
Fortunately my.buddy gave me several pouches to play with and I changed the IFAK pouch. No Velcro on the outside for the cross patch but the TQ fits inside, no need for special pouch...but I can attach it to the side of the pouch if that's a better idea, for other's access? You guys were right- this seems to carry better with the stuff lower down. Make holes, stop holes, plug holes - am I getting it?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Fortunately my.buddy gave me several pouches to play with and I changed the IFAK pouch. No Velcro on the outside for the cross patch but the TQ fits inside, no need for special pouch...but I can attach it to the side of the pouch if that's a better idea, for other's access? You guys were right- this seems to carry better with the stuff lower down. Make holes, stop holes, plug holes - am I getting it?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/20200726_153616__1__jpg-1520523.JPG
View Quote

It is generally better to keep in in an obvious spot. But in the med pouch it will be protected from UV degradation and other shit outside.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Seems a little backwards to use a JPC 2.0 as an ultra lightweight and low pro carrier, and a Slickster with traditional loadout...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Ferro Slickster
Haley Strategic DC3RM

Yup canceled my 3 month order with CP and will wait for another Slickster to come in stock.................
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top