View Quote

Regular flatpack
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ifaks coming as soon as esstac gets back in stock

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Got Esstac thing for this JPC 2.0. May or may not be copying @ragincajun1919 haha
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By endofdays:
Can anyone send a like to good shoulder pads that fit a shell back banshee in stock that will arrive before the 8th? The ones I have from skd suck
View Quote
https://www.first-spear.com/deluxe-shoulder-pads
try these.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By loco_engineer:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/253448/A01FD033-8423-4ADF-966C-A7F19B2E86A1-1422889.jpg

Got Esstac thing for this JPC 2.0. May or may not be copying @ragincajun1919 haha
View Quote
Where did you get the 2.0 in Multicam Arid?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Where did you get the 2.0 in Multicam Arid?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Originally Posted By loco_engineer:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/253448/A01FD033-8423-4ADF-966C-A7F19B2E86A1-1422889.jpg

Got Esstac thing for this JPC 2.0. May or may not be copying @ragincajun1919 haha
Where did you get the 2.0 in Multicam Arid?

OPTactical limited run
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:07:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog93] [#9]
Ok, a couple of things. First off, as a Marine who hasn't put on combat gear in 20 years, just let me say i think things have definitely become a lot more complicated looking at the rigs. I'm sure that is good and bad, but the plate carrier has definitely got me interested. From the looks of things a lot of the rigs are set up for smaller guys. Does anyone know what rigs would lean more towards say,  a powerlifter instead of a runner? 5'9" 230, and i would hate to drop a large amount of cash to have something that didn't fit. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ragincajun1919] [#10]
Originally Posted By devildog93:
Ok, a couple of things. First off, as a Marine who hasn't put on combat gear in 20 years, just let me say i think things have definitely become a lot more complicated looking at the rigs. I'm sure that is good and bad, but the plate carrier has definitely got me interested. From the looks of things a lot of the rigs are set up for smaller guys. Doers anyone know what rigs would lean more towards say,  a powerlifter instead of a runner? 5'9" 230, and i would hate to drop a large amount of cast to have something that didn't fit. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

@devildog93 5’9” and 230? You know what must be done.

A medium plate carrier should be ideal for your height though
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#11]
5'9" 230, 50yrs old. I already did the wrestling, running, USMC thing. 1400 pound powerlifting total at present. Different strokes for different folks. I could probably lose some more, but that is where i'm at today. No one will expect me to be running a polates class that is for sure.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#12]
5'9" 230, 50yrs old. I already did the wrestling, running, USMC thing. 1400 pound powerlifting total at present. Different strokes for different folks. I could probably lose some more, but that is where i'm at today. No one will expect me to be running a polates class that is for sure.
View Quote

Just messing with you man. Plate carriers aren’t going to cover your whole body. Look at some of the jacked Rangers and SEALs who wear them m they look tiny on their bodies.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, a couple of things. First off, as a Marine who hasn't put on combat gear in 20 years, just let me say i think things have definitely become a lot more complicated looking at the rigs. I'm sure that is good and bad, but the plate carrier has definitely got me interested. From the looks of things a lot of the rigs are set up for smaller guys. Doers anyone know what rigs would lean more towards say,  a powerlifter instead of a runner? 5'9" 230, and i would hate to drop a large amount of cast to have something that didn't fit. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Medium will handle what you seek.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

OPTactical limited run
View Quote
Ok nice

If there every do a JPC 2.0 in Mulitcam Alpine or Tropic someone better @ me!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By loco_engineer:

View Quote

How much does the 4 mag suck on a Medium/Large Shooters plate?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my rig setup the way I want it for SHTF/HD

Mayflower APC
Spiritus Micro fight with SACK

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
Got my rig setup the way I want it for SHTF/HD

Mayflower APC
Spiritus Micro fight with SACK

https://i.postimg.cc/PqJPK7S3/100640863-249201272805553-380206838802546688-n.jpg
View Quote
I like that...all useful stuff in practical amounts, no superfluous nonsense that adds weight.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:07:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45ProCarry] [#19]
Attachment Attached File

I think I finally have my plate carrier where I want it.
Esstac Daeodon
5.56 kiwi
Highcom ceramic plates level IV
2 HSGI pistol pouches
Extra M4 pouch holding my Cat until my BFG holder arrives
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

LBX 0300 medium PC. Esstac mid length mag pouches. Hesco L210s. Surplus single mag/radio pouch on the cummerbund.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122245/7B93F394-B60F-4CE9-BB79-AEEC88D88011_jpe-1446427.JPG

LBX 0300 medium PC. Esstac mid length mag pouches. Hesco L210s. Surplus single mag/radio pouch on the cummerbund.
View Quote

Very nice. I love woodland.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#23]
AWS Inc, OCPC

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#24]
If I get these will they work on a jpc to make the cummerbund quick release?  If not what do I need?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nat103:
If I get these will they work on a jpc to make the cummerbund quick release?  If not what do I need?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102812/02FF7ED6-D040-42AE-92AD-6F189C0A21CC_png-1448842.JPG
View Quote

Not sure how that would work.

A few places make retrofit tubes kits for the JPC.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By nat103:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102812/02FF7ED6-D040-42AE-92AD-6F189C0A21CC_png-1448842.JPG
View Quote

A much better solution would be getting something like This

I got a single one and replaced the left side of my cummerbund with it.  Its a million times better with the tube.  MOS tacticals quality is as good as crye as far as i can tell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Been slowly working on revising kit, in the past I've worn the SKD PIG, Mayflower APC, LBT 6094, Eagle SPC, and issued lbv type kit. So this is a nice change for the better, I don't LOVE the slickster, but it does have its valid points. This is a training/class, home defense, range kit for the time being.

- Ferro concepts slickster with standard elastic cummerbund, ferro turnover 556 elastic mag insert, no shoulder pads
- Haley Strategic hanger with IFAK
- Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Best carrier in black multicam? Slim profile probably 3 or 34 scorpion mag pouches/Med kit/admin pouch
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stretch415:
Best carrier in black multicam? Slim profile probably 3 or 34 scorpion mag pouches/Med kit/admin pouch
View Quote

Ferro Concepts Slickster is a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nnelson9:

View Quote

Is it possible to find one for sale anywhere? Just have to wait for a restock and get lucky?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skindroid] [#32]
Originally Posted By dafro:

Is it possible to find one for sale anywhere? Just have to wait for a restock and get lucky?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nnelson9:

The slick and MOLLE bases are in stock on the FC site.  Not going to be the cheapest option but they are available - you'll just need to get a cummerbund and front flap/placard.

MOLLE base

Slick base

@dafro

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Finally looking at setting a PC after years of considering it. I am 6'0" and a stocky 300 lbs. I say stocky becasue while I could be in better shape I am not obese and can do my job as a firefighter just fine. I have a longer torsoe (wear 2XL Tall shirts, 38/40 W pants) and broad shoulders (50-52 jacket). I understand that PCs will be sized for the plates and I don't want to go too big. I am leaning towards a LBT 6094 fit for large plates. In my research XL plates are hardly ever recommended. For plates the Midwest Armor ProGuard IV plates. Advice appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
Finally looking at setting a PC after years of considering it. I am 6'0" and a stocky 300 lbs. I say stocky becasue while I could be in better shape I am not obese and can do my job as a firefighter just fine. I have a longer torsoe (wear 2XL Tall shirts, 38/40 W pants) and broad shoulders (50-52 jacket). I understand that PCs will be sized for the plates and I don't want to go too big. I am leaning towards a LBT 6094 fit for large plates. In my research XL plates are hardly ever recommended. For plates the Midwest Armor ProGuard IV plates. Advice appreciated!
View Quote
I'd take some measurements before buying plates. It's true that appropriate plate size tends to look on the small size - the point isn't to prevent you from being wounded anywhere in your torso or abdomen.

Also, spend some time figuring out the cummerbund size you'll need. Last thing you want is to buy a carrier and plate that both fit, only to have the cummerbund run out of adjustment range.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
View Quote

Get the AWS Inc OCPC.  It's a 6094 clone and they're a .mil contractor.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 7:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#36]
Rethinking, removing, repurposing. If 4 30 round mags don't do it for this fat old man, you might as well split up what's left of my gear. I'll be dead. Removed the twin pistol mag pouch - doubt that will come in handy. Tourniquet pouch is gone until I find a tourniquet and get proper training on how to use it. Rear medical pouch is gone - it was empty and I couldn't get what was needed to fill it.
Attachment Attached File

Now to get an actual IFAK for that practically empty "medical" pouch. Maybe some real plates, too, instead of ancient AR500, so old they have no coating...

All the pouches I've been removing - I have enough to outfit another plate carrier now... now for a minimalist rig for the BREN 2...
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Rethinking, removing, repurposing. If 4 30 round mags don't do it for this fat old man, you might as well split up what's left of my gear. I'll be dead. Removed the twin pistol mag pouch - doubt that will come in handy. Tourniquet pouch is gone until I find a tourniquet and get proper training on how to use it. Rear medical pouch is gone - it was empty and I couldn't get what was needed to fill it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/20200607_161722_1__jpg-1451671.JPG
Now to get an actual IFAK for that practically empty "medical" pouch. Maybe some real plates, too, instead of ancient AR500, so old they have no coating...

All the pouches I've been removing - I have enough to outfit another plate carrier now... now for a minimalist rig for the BREN 2...
View Quote
Good idea on getting medical training, but even if you don't know how to use the gear, having it on you allows someone else who DOES to use it for you if the need presents itself.

Also a tq is extremely simple to employ. Some youtube videos and "not as tight as reality" practice with it at home should be sufficient to "train" on how to use it. Decompression needles, etc, may require a bit more in depth instruction. lol
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 7:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dafro] [#38]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

The slick and MOLLE bases are in stock on the FC site.  Not going to be the cheapest option but they are available - you'll just need to get a cummerbund and front flap/placard.

MOLLE base

Slick base

@dafro

View Quote

Thanks for the info, ill pay a little more to settle my impatience.

Is molle worth the cost? Don't all their back accessories mount with velcro?

@skindroid
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#39]

@skindroid
View Quote

None of their accessories work without the Molle back plate bag. If you don't get molle, you can't use the zippers, you can't mount hydration packs, you can't really put anything on the back other than patches.

My personal suspicion is that when they initially designed it they were going with fabric PALS webbing (hence the older front bags using webbing for the swiftclips), and opted against back webbing to maintain the low profile. When they went to laser cut (like the current molle rear bag), which adds zero bulk, they liked the additional options it opened up, but kept the slick rear as a cheaper alternative for people who absolutely never want to mount anything to the rear bag, and so people who purchased in the past don't feel bad that all new version have molle and theirs doesn't.

I wouldn't get the non-molle rear bag at this point, even if you don't plan to use it right now. It allows you options later.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billytehbob] [#40]
Slowly building my set-up. Spiritus Systems Overt plate bags, Mk4 when set-up to run my AR, but I also have inserts for Scar 17 Mags. I also have a DC3RX to run AR mags or AK74 mags, but it’s pretty cumbersome with the sides of the rig hanging off the sides of the plate bag. Also attached is an issued IFAK, SACK, dump pouch, and I’ve got a pouch on the way for a baofeng.

I’m still trying to figure out the rear bag as far as some storage. Would like to run a HS Flatpack, but I’m not sure it’ll be very secure since there aren’t any molle loops on the bottom of the bag, and I haven’t heard anything about what Spiritus intends to develop for the zippers which aren’t compatible with JPC zip-on panels

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Don’t know why this shit gets rotated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skindroid] [#41]

@skindroid
View All Quotes

MOLLE base

Slick base

@dafro

@skindroid

Daggert hit the nail on the head.  You need it for back panels, hydration etc.  Having nothing back there really cuts down on your options, and options are good

@dafro
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#42]

@skindroid
View Quote

I got the molle back separate before they offered the option. It's totally worth it
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Get the AWS Inc OCPC.  It's a 6094 clone and they're a .mil contractor.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214520/20191017_202122-1133140.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214520/20200601_195510-1443122.jpg
View Quote

Looking at getting the LBT for $199. That does look about the same though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Daggert hit the nail on the head.  You need it for back panels, hydration etc.  Having nothing back there really cuts down on your options, and options are good

View Quote

I just placed the order for the molle. Any other place for the cummerbund?

I really like the concept of that Haley D3CRM micro. That will work on this right? Anything else on the market similar?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#45]

I just placed the order for the molle. Any other place for the cummerbund?

I really like the concept of that Haley D3CRM micro. That will work on this right? Anything else on the market similar?
View Quote
this thread is looking at alternative options to Haley and Spiritus, since they are always out of stock.

these guys have a pretty cool cummerbund that uses tubes, so you don't have to lift the chest rig every time you want to take the pc on or off. The fact that you didn't already have a cummerbund makes the price a little easier to accept.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone able to verify that a LBT 6094 size L will run RMA 1155s with no issue?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#47]

Velocity Scarab
HighCom 4SAS7 Ceramic plates (10x12 shooter cut)
Mayflower cummerbund (cut the carrier's back pocket and made it work as I hate the quarter flap pocket idea)
Blue Force Gear TQ NOW strap w/ CAT tourniquet
North American Rescue Tactical Officer Response Kit IFAK

Coming soon if they ever get shipped:

HighCom 6x6 side plates
Ferro Concepts Dangler pouch
Eagle 25oz Hydration bladder
Med kit patch for IFAK (dawned on me that no one has ever known what was in there and it was $2 on ebay)

After that, the only thing left will be a radio, which is something I haven't even begun to delve into yet. More focused on cutting fat off my body right now because I've gained back half of the 70 pounds I lost
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
this thread is looking at alternative options to Haley and Spiritus, since they are always out of stock.

these guys have a pretty cool cummerbund that uses tubes, so you don't have to lift the chest rig every time you want to take the pc on or off. The fact that you didn't already have a cummerbund makes the price a little easier to accept.
View Quote

Can you explain the tubes and why I might want this over the regular cummerbund that comes with a slickster?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:

Can you explain the tubes and why I might want this over the regular cummerbund that comes with a slickster?
Thanks.
View Quote

It was mentioned above, you done have to fiddle with the placards and such to don/ doff the rig.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah tubes are nice if you go with a molle style Cumberbund, I want a low profile cobra style Cumberbund if esstac ever starts selling things again. Having to lift the Packard and mess with all that velcro to put on or take off is lame and wears out the velcro eventually
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top