Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By armoredman:
How about this? I added the hydration bladder and med pouch after I took the first pic. It seems hot, probably have the wrong shirt for it. Yes, I know our boys and girls overseas are wearing a whole lot more in much higher heat and so did I when i was in the Gulf over 3 decades ago...but fat and old now.

I will not pay to repair any system damaged by a picture of me causing it to recoil in horror and commit electronic suicide.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Good_vest_front_jpg-1299610.JPG

The pouch top left as you look at it has only one thing in it to make it poof out - a can of SPAM. I guess I have tactical SPAM now...I just really have no idea what to put in these things.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Good_vest_back_jpg-1299606.JPG
View Quote
My suggestion,  if the spam pouch serves no purpose right now,  ditch it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably, until I get some ideas what to throw in there if I need anything in this setup. With the cummerbund system, (and that took some getting used to), this is NOT a real quick on/off piece of apparel. Thereis supposedly a list from the med pouch people on what they recommend in that pouch. Perhaps the SPAM pouch would be best used for tactical french fries and an assault Whopper? Just kidding.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop holes.
Make holes.
Plug holes.
Anything else can go in an assault pack or tertiary pouch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Y’all never told me how sexy Multicam black is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If the Good Lord smiles down, I might actually be able to get a couple of these,

https://highgroundgear.com/products/hg-3800-series-level-3-standalone?variant=42859802950

for 300-400 each. I don't know anything about them, good stuff? I'd have to work a few freaking overtimes for those, that's for certain!

For the don't-want-to-click-ers "The HG-3800 Series Level 3 Standalone Multi-Hit ballistic plate from High Ground is one of the LIGHTEST NIJ 0101.06 certified Level 3 Standalone plates on the market today...10x12 Shooter: 2.1lbs."
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I may have spoken too soon. A friend I have done video work for in the past saw that picture I posted, and called me - "I will give you decent gear if you promise me to burn that airsoft crap..."

TacProGear Commercial Modular Tactical Vest, (no plates)
Unknown ASP pouch
High Ground 5.56 Drop Down Admin Pouch Double mag
Tactical Tailor Horizontal Accessory Pouch
S.O. Tech BLOCS Quick Eject Tourniquet carrier - gonna need a tourniquet now.
S.O. Tech Viper Flat IFAK - empty, but who could possibly argue. I will need the medical list they suggest.
High Ground Compression Pouch Short, (?)
Tactical Tailor Fight Light Joey Hydration pouch with bladder.
Did I mention all of this gear is NEW?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/New_plate_carrier_and_stuff_jpg-1299416.JPG

I think I'll let him burn the Condor stuff now...holy carp, that was a heck of a nice thing to do.

Now if I could just figure out where/how to USE this stuff...they didn't have this type of gear when I wore a military uniform...
View Quote
SCORE!!!!

Take a class with it, wear it to the range, wear it while doing chores around the house and mowing the yard.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

SCORE!!!!

Take a class with it, wear it to the range, wear it while doing chores around the house and mowing the yard.
View Quote
Cola Warrior train in it.  
Cola Warrior South East4 training
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]

SCORE!!!!

View Quote
I will have it at the range tomorrow, not doing chores with it, (I have a teenager for that), and I live in the desert - we have no lawns to mow.

But yeah, color me stunned.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If the Good Lord smiles down, I might actually be able to get a couple of these,

https://highgroundgear.com/products/hg-3800-series-level-3-standalone?variant=42859802950

for 300-400 each. I don't know anything about them, good stuff? I'd have to work a few freaking overtimes for those, that's for certain!

For the don't-want-to-click-ers "The HG-3800 Series Level 3 Standalone Multi-Hit ballistic plate from High Ground is one of the LIGHTEST NIJ 0101.06 certified Level 3 Standalone plates on the market today...10x12 Shooter: 2.1lbs."
View Quote
If I'm not mistaken, those are poly plates, which have a hard time stopping M855. Looking through the calibers they say it stops, M855 isn't on the list.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe they are.
It looks like this newbie will have some help setting this thing up, and I will be taking it to the range so I can figure out HOW to properly employ it. I'd hate to waste my benefactor's money!
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
I'm not sure if I'm missing something. $300-400 each? The link you provided shows $872 each.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By vjf915:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something. $300-400 each? The link you provided shows $872 each.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Seems like he has a used market deal set up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Cola Warrior train in it.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2kRcy8kG_c
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

SCORE!!!!

Cola Warrior train in it.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2kRcy8kG_c
Where’s the fat guy course?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#14]
Originally Posted By nat103:

View Quote
I'm with him - is there a section for fat/old?

I tried this setup, went on the line with it, practiced reloads from the mag pouch, (never used that type of mag pouch before, much more instinctive than I thought), learned to love the hydration bladder, never used one of them either, I couldn't fill it much because I didn't know what the hell I was doing), discovered that while it felt hot in the air conditioned room, out on the line it felt just fine. I think I might trade one pouch for another mag pouch - two spares doesn't fill me full of hope and joy, but then again...what kind of war is THIS fat old slob gonna get in?
Attachment Attached File

BTW, this is the "carrier" I wear 12 hours a day at work. Soft armor, Spike III, and about 5-9 POUNDS of keys. No, that is not a joke. Older pic, before they let us grow beards again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm with him - is there a section for fat/old?

I tried this setup, went onlin with it, practiced reloads from the mag pouch, (never used that type of mag pouch before, much more instinctive than I thought), learned to love the hydration bladder, never used one of them either, I couldn't fill it much because I didn't know what the hell I was doing), discovered that while it felt hot in the air conditioned room, out on the line it felt just fine. I think I might trade one pouch for another mag pouch - two spares doesn't fill me full of hope and joy, but then again...what kind of war is THIS fat old slob gonna get in?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/New_plate_carrier_on_line_jpg-1302450.JPG

BTW, this is the "carrier" I wear 12 hours a day at work. Soft armor, Spike III, and about 5-9 POUNDS of keys. No, that is not a joke. Older pic, before they let us grow beards again.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Me_at_work_edit_jpg-1302457.JPG
View Quote
Try raising it up a bit
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bishop3] [#16]
Decided to upgrade my carrier.
A contract overrun black Shellback Banshee, made for Saudi Security Forces. I carried steel plates in it & double mag pouches. Size was LARGE. I sold it last year.
This was a deal alert on Arfcom a couple years ago if anyone remembers:
Attachment Attached File

I ordered the K5 from Agilite with pack & bladder. I chose this over the Crye JPC.

I've got time to read over the thread for some ideas. On front I'll carry mag panels & tourniquet. IFAK in back or side. I have mag pouches on hand already but want to ask for mag panel suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:53:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Try raising it up a bit
View Quote
That did help, thanks. It's the little things that "everybody knows" that I just don't know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#19]
How are you guys attaching sheathes/knives to your carrier?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 10:48:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#20]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
View Quote

Leatherman Wave in a pistol mag pouch. With the limited amount of space available on a PC, a Leatherman kills multiple birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
View Quote
I have a ESEE 4 on my belt but it's for utility, not fighting. On the carrier I try to keep things simple and light so I wedged a SOCP dagger between my magazine inserts and the chest rig on my Haley micro. It works quite nicely with velcro tape on the sheath.

I've found mounting it on the cummerbund to make for an awkward draw, and it limits you to a one handed draw which is not a given in the unlikely scenario you'd need the knife to protect yourself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By nat103:

View Quote
No, clue. But this was me doing it live at night in the rain. Carrier preformed well.

Cola Warrior South East Night run Kaik
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:17:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NighthawkCx] [#23]
Crye Precision Maritime JPC 2.0 - Multicam Black - Medium - Spiritus Systems Expander Wings.

I'll be replacing the cummerbund with an A&A Tactical elastic tubes cummerbund and I'll also be adding their new elastic placard they're releasing in the next few weeks. I wish Grey Ghost Gear made their back panels in multicam black so I could add one.

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:21:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jjflev8] [#24]
Here is a picture of my "kit" as it sits now.

Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: droys86] [#25]

AWS OCPC with the fixins and an AWS LAB (black because it's duty gear for work also)

Ferro Slickster with some tropic on top

And it's not a plate carrier, but it is armor... (my work gear)
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mend0k:

No offense taken whatsoever. Yeah I haven't run it fully stocked yet, but yeah I assume it would be heavy. I'm not sure what to remove to lighten it down w/ though. Should I just carry 3 mags in front and have my sides clear? Aside from that, the only other thing that weighs a lot other than the plates themselves is the iceplate when it's filled, but I would think that water is a "necessity" no?

I'm taking it out hiking in a few weeks so I guess i'll find out then. Thanks for the input!
View Quote
I only have two mag pouches on the front of my carrier. I do have six more built in to my cummerbund but I never use them.

Imo, as a civilian, there is no way I’ll need more than three mags (one in the gun). And if I do I’m probably in big trouble.

Saves a lot of weight. Plus if I want to I can bring more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Are Banshee's still cool?

Quarantine LARPing in pajamas

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Boots explanation requested.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
Are Banshee's still cool?

Quarantine LARPing in pajamas

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310612/IMG_20200320_000148_jpg-1325055.JPG
View Quote
I had a Banshee. After upgrading to a Slickster, I truly believe it was money well spent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, the Banshee was my first plate carrier.  It was... adequate.  

I'm much happier with my newer setup.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:
Yeah, the Banshee was my first plate carrier.  It was... adequate.  

I'm much happier with my newer setup.
View Quote

And that is.....?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#33]

And that is.....?
View Quote

... posted about halfway down Pg. 84
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#34]
All the info here helped me build my first carrier. I’ve seen lots of pics here where the placard is only held on with the Velcro, is that a thing?

I hate the way the clips look on the cummerbund but it seems to be the best way to hold everything secure. Am I doing it right using the swiftclips instead of only Velcro?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LadderLogic:
All the info here helped me build my first carrier. I’ve seen lots of pics here where the placard is only held on with the Velcro, is that a thing?

I hate the way the clips look on the cummerbund but it seems to be the best way to hold everything secure. Am I doing it right using the swiftclips instead of only Velcro?
View Quote

Yes. You can also use G hooks but they are less reliable if not under load.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yes. You can also use G hooks but they are less reliable if not under load.
View Quote

Thank you. I’ll stick with the swift clips.

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Only plate carrier I have was issued through th FD. Basic black carrier, not allowed to add anything but a tourniquet.

This is what I have until I figure out what carrier I want to get.

All HSGI gear. They are 20 minutes down the road....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:
Only plate carrier I have was issued through th FD. Basic black carrier, not allowed to add anything but a tourniquet.

This is what I have until I figure out what carrier I want to get.

All HSGI gear. They are 20 minutes down the road....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/269478/20200322_173907_jpg-1328132.JPG
View Quote

Perhaps it should go in here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#39]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Perhaps it should go in here.
View Quote

Damn 11's... Dont know how to search.

(That would be me, not you )

ETA: Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NCUrk:

Damn 11's... Dont know how to search.

(That would be me, not you )

ETA: Thank you.
View Quote

No worries
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I was told I was wasting my time with my plate carrier with no plates...no money for that right now. So, I found an old 3A vest and fit the panels in the plate holders. Definitely not the greatest protection by any means, but it might be better than harsh language.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Which hesco plate model are these?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Made 2 miles in my K5 today, 4401s & 3 loaded mags.
Rides well, not uncomfortable.
The 3 mag molle pouch is slightly off center, doesn't center on the front carrier flap. Any suggestions on a 3 mag carrier that'll line-up center, Or leave as-is & practice reloads?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Any suggestions, planned on TQ holder on PC? IFAK will likely be on my belt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Blue force gear.
Tactical tailor
Anything not the surplus crap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:43:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#45]
@Bishop3

I say take advantage of that single column of empty space on your PC from the triple mag pouch offset.

Use one of these from BFG to attach a TQ vertically next to your mag pouch:
https://www.blueforcegear.com/tourniquet-now-strap.html

Mounted on the front of your PC, it's accessible with either hand.

You can make do with just a stout rubber band or some shock cord in that same spot.  (Not a long term or particularly robust solution, but it'll get you by in the meantime.)

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Probably the cheapest carrier on the thread.
Aspetto Armor.
Level IIIa soft armor.

2 HSGI tourniquet tacos.
1 Leatherman Raptor.

Work issue carrier.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:
@Bishop3

I say take advantage of that single column of empty space on your PC from the triple mag pouch offset.

Use one of these from BFG to attach a TQ vertically next to your mag pouch:
https://www.blueforcegear.com/tourniquet-now-strap.html
https://blueforcegear-cakc6ifvxd.netdna-ssl.com/image//cache/data/M-TNS/TKS-On-Plateminus-armor-2-600x400.jpg

Mounted on the front of your PC, it's accessible with either hand.

You can make do with just a stout rubber band or some shock cord in that same spot.  (Not a long term or particularly robust solution, but it'll get you by in the meantime.)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7MpWXF_WYxE/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

I'm going to just that, for now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Few things more annoying than a plate carrier with empty pouches and no idea what to put in them. :D What is the recommendation for TQ, for instance?
Anyone still recommending tampons for El Cheapo bullet hole fillers? I have a nice pair of EMT chears in one pouch now, woo hoo. :) Got rid of an empty pouch to put the cheapie Chines mag pouch on there from the Condor gear vest. Trying to adhere to the sage advice given here;
Stop holes.
Make holes
Plug holes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: billpete] [#49]
Few things more annoying than a plate carrier with empty pouches and no idea what to put in them. :D What is the recommendation for TQ, for instance?
Anyone still recommending tampons for El Cheapo bullet hole fillers? I have a nice pair of EMT chears in one pouch now, woo hoo. :) Got rid of an empty pouch to put the cheapie Chines mag pouch on there from the Condor gear vest. Trying to adhere to the sage advice given here;
Stop holes.
Make holes
Plug holes.
View Quote

There are a TON of options for TQ holders.  

The Blue Force Gear is TQ Now is probably the easiest and most versatile one out there.  There are several others that can mount using Velcro, MOLLE, etc.

I personally like to protect my TQs, so I use a custom made setup.  But SORD and even some USGI surplus carriers are out there and make good holders.

As for the empty pouches, be careful of them.  Just because you have them doesn't mean you need them.  Ounces equals pounds, and pounds equal pain.  Keep your gear on your PC for essential items, and the rest in an assault pack, or ditched altogether.

A good holder, and in a central location, you are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Stop holes.
Make holes
Plug holes.
View Quote

For the love of all that is good, please do not use tampons to plug holes. Get yourself some legitimate med gear from a reputable source (not Ebay/Amazon) and some training.

Regarding the TQ, are you looking for which one or a pouch for one? For the TQ itself just go with a CAT (again, from a reputable dealer). For a pouch I have one of these on my plate carrier and one of these on my belt.

I'll echo what was said above - don't put shit on your gear just for the sake of having it there. Mag pouches and medical to start, then adjust from there based on your specific needs.

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top