Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:34:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

I really want one of those for my JPC 2.0; I've been waiting for something exactly like that to come out. But I'm waiting for the great RG shortage of 2018 to come to an end.
View Quote
The black wouldn’t look bad with the black shoulders of the RG jpc. Right now spiritus only offers these in coyote, black, and original Multicam but I’m not sure about the future. Another RG option is the Esstac placards.
Pic thread:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4DoorEKk:

What color 119 you rockin?
View Quote

MC black as well
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
ATS Aegis V2 with D3CRM.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure what your background is or usage frequency is but you’re probably going to want to find a way to get pontoons in there. At least on the back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Help me, Where can I find some Light weight, Ceramic Level IV, 11 x 14 Plates?
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AWDeity:
Not sure what your background is or usage frequency is but you’re probably going to want to find a way to get pontoons in there. At least on the back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AWDeity:
Current LE, prior .mil. I haven’t had an opportunity to take this kit out as I’m still waiting on some pouches to complete it (radio, bang pouch, med). It will primarily be used for Swat training and patrol - probably only 8-16hrs/month. Thanks for the tip, I’ll consider the pontoons if ventilation becomes an issue.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

First Spear Strandhögg
Juggernaut SLEEV w/ PALS mount
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:08:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#10]
Attachment Attached File

I travel light

Esstac Daeodon A.S.S.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking to buy lightweight Ceramic Level IV, 11x14 Plates?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
Looking to buy lightweight Ceramic Level IV, 11x14 Plates?
View Quote
We're still waiting for you to reply in your thread on this topic.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Need-Ceramic-11x14-Level-IV-plates/10-494459/
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:35:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#13]
D-RAS03, Thank You, very much.  I answered everybodys question on 1st. plate question post
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:45:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DrewDownAZ] [#14]
My very basic crye jpc 1.0 with large ESAPI’s. Don’t plan on changing it except to swap out the rti wheel with an adjustable one. Everything on my battle belt is connected with rti’s so I can add a few taco mags if I want. Mainly I like the idea of being able to choose from a drop leg holster, on the belt or on the pc in a matter of seconds.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I think my post count is too low to embed
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DrewDownAZ:
I think my post count is too low to embed
View Quote
It showed for me. You have to have like 50 posts I believe or have 3 team members approve it then it shows normally which I think they already did.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: demoMouse] [#17]
Rockin the AWS Operator’s Choice PC in the wild

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#18]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Aye! I see your Veritas+Haley and raise you a Veritas+Mayflower.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:33:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NighthawkCx] [#20]

Custom Multicam Tropic Crye AVS by Molle Monkey Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NighthawkCx:
https://i.imgur.com/ci2lCtr.jpg?1

Custom Multicam Tropic Crye AVS by Molle Monkey Tactical.
View Quote
Nice!

It looks like the mag pouches are sewn on?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Nice!

View Quote
Thanks.

No, the panel works like the normal AVS panels so it can be swapped out with the other panels. There's an m4/molle panel and an mp7 panel too that he made for it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks.

No, the panel works like the normal AVS panels so it can be swapped out with the other panels. There's an m4/molle panel and an mp7 panel too that he made for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Nice!

Thanks.

Very nice!

How much did it run?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Just realized I’ve never posted my PC here. Fusion of Crye AVS, FS tubes and Haley chest rigAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

What's the pouch at your 7 o'clock?  Zipper/buckle combo
View Quote
Crye GP

Crye general purpose pouch. Fits a stripped down gas mask and single filter just fine. My department issues a drop leg holder for the gas mask, I’d rather have it on my PC. Only one thing to put on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
does anyone have any experience with the lbt releasable map carrier? interesting concept. seems functionally similar to the first spear tubes system
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By indianajonze:
does anyone have any experience with the lbt releasable map carrier? interesting concept. seems functionally similar to the first spear tubes system
View Quote
Also curious about this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By demoMouse:
Rockin the AWS Operator’s Choice PC in the wild

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427499/9600BBD2-00D8-4386-9AAB-10CC04663543_jpeg-759672.JPG
View Quote
Would.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#31]

Older Mayflower LPAC with Velocity VS-13A inserts and my old Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with X harness. No plates yet but I will be getting a set eventually. I’ll run it slick most of the time as this kit is primarily for training.

What I love about the LPAC is the armor cut is spot on and comfortable. My issued concealable vest isn’t nearly as comfortable, especially in the arm holes.

For anyone who cares the MAV is setup as follows:

• Eagle 2 mag shingle in old school khaki

• Eagle 1 mag shingle in old school khaki

• Tactical Tailor double pistol pouch in old school khaki with a Leatherman and a Surefire G2 w/ Malkoff M61L

• SOTech Viper Flat mini IFAK in black because I had it from my old carrier and it is a nice piece of kit

LPAC weighs about 7 pounds with armor and the MAV weighs 6.5 pounds loaded up and ready to go. Definitely a nice light setup.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:40:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cvtrpr] [#32]
Protech Shift 360 with First Spear tubes.

Mayflower UW Pusher Gen4 on homemade Swift ClipsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:51:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#33]
So it looks like people are running First Spear tubes on there PCs, If you are running tubes how do you like them?

Thinking about adding a set to my Crye JPC 2

Edit: Also how would the Blaze Defense compare to First Spear?

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=t%2Fretention--quick-release-kits
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
So it looks like people are running First Spear tubes on there PCs, If you are running tubes how do you like them?

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=t%2Fretention--quick-release-kits
View Quote
I love the tubes.

Ive never heard of Blaze until now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Looks like those are FS tubes anyways. I like FirstSpear, they have good technology that sets them aside from the rest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a FS carrier with their tubes and I've been extremely impressed. The ability to put it on within a few seconds is huge. Absolutely recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
I have First-spear tubes on my JPC 2.0.  I had them sewn on by Down Range Gear, but he seems to be either very busy or not in business any longer.  The benefit is its very easy to put on and take off.  The down side is you lose a column or two of PALS webbing in a fairly useful part of the plate carrier.

It looks like BDS is using First-spear tubes.  I think First-spear sells the tubes as separates for other companies to integrate into cummerbunds and such.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I have First-spear tubes on my JPC 2.0.  I had them sewn on by Down Range Gear, but he seems to be either very busy or not in business any longer.  The benefit is its very easy to put on and take off.  The down side is you lose a column or two of PALS webbing in a fairly useful part of the plate carrier.

It looks like BDS is using First-spear tubes.  I think First-spear sells the tubes as separates for other companies to integrate into cummerbunds and such.
View Quote
I know this has been said before but why doesn't Crye make a cummerbund with tubes??

I mean it it 2019

Any pics?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I know this has been said before but why doesn't Crye make a cummerbund with tubes??

I mean it it 2019

Any pics?
View All Quotes

I mean it it 2019

Any pics?
@Sonoran_Tj

I would also be interested in some pics.  Have been thinking of doing this for a while now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

@Sonoran_Tj

I would also be interested in some pics.  Have been thinking of doing this for a while now.
View Quote
I got you.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#41]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

@Sonoran_Tj

I got you.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20190111_195237_jpg-804498.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20190111_195231_jpg-804499.JPG
Thank you. That does look really nice but you do lose more real estate than I thought it would.  Still kinda want it though.  That makes the JPC the perfect minimalist carrier.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:53:33 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I was just getting on here to ask this question.  I run a combo soft armor/plate carrier and was looking at the BDS system to get away from the cumber bun setup.  The tubes system seems like the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been running the FS retro fit cummerbund on my MF APC for a long time now. It just works.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Love this!

The video at the site seems to show a different QR set up. Which is the current one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TACTICAL:

Love this!

The video at the site seems to show a different QR set up. Which is the current one?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448/A0D92BC6-3F81-4D7F-A9B0-7950B327F786_png-806818.JPG
View Quote
I think you have things a bit mixed up.  Sonoran_Tj's pics are of a Crye skeletal cummerbund that has be chopped and modified to add the FS tubes by Down Range Gear.  Basically a custom one-off.

Your video is of the Blaze Defense QD adaptor parts, in this case using the plastic cobra buckles for the QD element.  Looking at their site, they have two products, one with the Cobra buckles and one with the FS tubes.

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbds-qr-conversion-kit

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products%2Fbds-qr-tube-attachment-kit
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By D_Man:

I think you have things a bit mixed up.  Sonoran_Tj's pics are of a Crye skeletal cummerbund that has be chopped and modified to add the FS tubes by Down Range Gear.  Basically a custom one-off.

Your video is of the Blaze Defense QD adaptor parts, in this case using the plastic cobra buckles for the QD element.  Looking at their site, they have two products, one with the Cobra buckles and one with the FS tubes.

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbds-qr-conversion-kit

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products%2Fbds-qr-tube-attachment-kit
View Quote
Oops

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#47]
The only grip I have about the BDS is the price.  The conversion kit is the same amount as the vest.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Goback:
The only grip I have about the BDS is the price.  The conversion kit is the same amount as the vest.
View Quote
This was initially my feeling as well. I bit the bullet and bought the BDS QR Conversion Kit (Polymer) during Black Friday and couldn’t be happier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#49]
This is the thread I come to when I'm looking to make changes to my setup, but now I am in a position in which I have to go with a completely different setup. I am wearing issued gear right now that is serviceable, but enormously bulky, hard to maneuver in, heavy and uncomfortable.

I'm looking to put together a PC and belt setup that will shave off some weight and increase mobility and utility.

With that in mind, I'm looking at the ESSTAC Shooter's Belt with belt loop Tacos set up thus: 1x double pistol, 2x single rifle, blowout/IFAK pouch, GPS pouch, radio pouch and finishing out with a pistol holster.

I'm looking to go as flat and low profile as possible with every pouch, as we have to wear them concealed.

The PC is the big item on the list, and I am looking for the thinnest, lightest rifle rated plates I can get, in conjunction with a slick PC that will hold IIIA soft armor, to include a ballistic cummerbund.

This is going to be a work in progress, but the ultimate goal is to be able to maneuver and fight without my gear getting in the way of that.

Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#50]
FS Tubes make that the perfect carrier in my opinion. Hell I added them to my Banshee 1.0 and haven't upgraded because I can't come up with a good enough reason to, once I added the FS cummerbund. Maybe when I finally decide I need an MC PC..
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top