BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/45ABB747-8D92-476D-9F3B-ACA02D4CD188_jpe-1899767.JPG

Picked up a Brushstroke carrier. Came with two double and one triple shingle there spec’d for AR mags but m14s also fit. A med pouch and a document type pouch. A triple pistol mag pouch and two long singles for a radioed similar. Seems to be decently made and much more comfortable then my cheap condor. Currently has an extra set of steel I have soon as funds allow I’ll pick up another set of RMAs.
View Quote

I LOVE Rhodesian camo - where did you find this one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490499/45ABB747-8D92-476D-9F3B-ACA02D4CD188_jpe-1899767.JPG

Picked up a Brushstroke carrier. Came with two double and one triple shingle there spec’d for AR mags but m14s also fit. A med pouch and a document type pouch. A triple pistol mag pouch and two long singles for a radioed similar. Seems to be decently made and much more comfortable then my cheap condor. Currently has an extra set of steel I have soon as funds allow I’ll pick up another set of RMAs.

Uprise Armory did a special order on them. They were supposed to have more then just the prepaid units not sure how many they ended up with or if still available. Only ones I’ve ever seen. Im a huge brushstroke fan only reason I even bought it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Bummer, best scrub desert pattern ever. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish we could get fireforce to make some they already make pants shirts hats shorts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

I'm not new to this site and neither am I new to shooting. I am new to "gear," however, and have only owned a plate carrier and plates for a short while. However, I did my best to research everything beforehand and believe I purchased very good quality kit.

Let me tell you what I've learned in the short amount of time I've used my K19 PC and Hesco 3810 plates:

1. The K19, two plates, double mag pouch, and pouch for a water bottle comes in at 14lbs. Compared to many, if not most getups we've seen in this forum, this is a very light setup.

2. Even this "light" assortment of gear gets heavy reeeeeeal quickly when you are exerting yourself. Part of it is the weight itself, and part of it is the fact that the PC is constricting breathing. Between the two, it has kicked my ass pretty hard and I'm in somewhat decent shape (6' and 215lbs) and work construction. Funny, I can carry 95lb. concrete forms for hours, but merely walking up a long, steep hill with my PC gasses me faster than I ever would have expected.

3. Take my newbie advice for whatever you think it's worth, but don't spend a nickel on gear until you can save up to buy the best, lightest gear possible. Even then, it'll still probably kick your ass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Originally Posted By HercMech:
so many nice carriers in here. One day...one day

I'm not new to this site and neither am I new to shooting. I am new to "gear," however, and have only owned a plate carrier and plates for a short while. However, I did my best to research everything beforehand and believe I purchased very good quality kit.

Let me tell you what I've learned in the short amount of time I've used my K19 PC and Hesco 3810 plates:

1. The K19, two plates, double mag pouch, and pouch for a water bottle comes in at 14lbs. Compared to many, if not most getups we've seen in this forum, this is a very light setup.

2. Even this "light" assortment of gear gets heavy reeeeeeal quickly when you are exerting yourself. Part of it is the weight itself, and part of it is the fact that the PC is constricting breathing. Between the two, it has kicked my ass pretty hard and I'm in somewhat decent shape (6' and 215lbs) and work construction. Funny, I can carry 95lb. concrete forms for hours, but merely walking up a long, steep hill with my PC gasses me faster than I ever would have expected.

3. Take my newbie advice for whatever you think it's worth, but don't spend a nickel on gear until you can save up to buy the best, lightest gear possible. Even then, it'll still probably kick your ass.

Listen to this guy. I forgot the order these happened but...

I first showed up to hike with Ben and brought my shit carrier and lvl 3 steel. He's like make sure you have room in your ruck because that's going in the ruck later. He was right.

I went to Cola and Alphajaguars was like here bro check mine out. I put it on and DAMN. He had better protection than me plus a more comfortable carrier. He had 3610s at the time, I tried 3810s that weekend and was sold.

I cannot tell you how much gear I carry during APC events for people that bring too much stuff. Sometimes I'll roll with nothing because some guy swears he wants to carry a mortar or a Gustav and guess what? It sucks.

Uncomfortable heavy armor sucks. You won't wear it because it sucks. You may have to learn this lesson through trying to buy affordable and just being miserable but hopefully not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Somehow I stumbled across the EDOFish YouTube channel and now a couple JPC 2.0's appeared at my doorstep.

I didn't know Crye made JPCs in Swimmers Cut. These PCs (Medium Maritime Swimmer's Cut and Large Swimmer's Cut) fit my Hesco Large Shooter's Cut (10" x 12") 3810's perfectly. First impressions are that my trusty 6094A is more comfortable but we'll see if that changes as I start adding shoulder pads and QD cummerbunds.

Attachment Attached File

Maritime on the left. It is basically a stripped down JPC 2.0. No admin pocket. No mini kangaroo pouch. Everything is mesh and stretch material. Super lightweight as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Somehow I stumbled across the EDOFish YouTube channel and now a couple JPC 2.0's appeared at my doorstep.

I didn't know Crye made JPCs in Swimmers Cut. These PCs (Medium Maritime Swimmer's Cut and Large Swimmer's Cut) fit my Hesco Large Shooter's Cut (10" x 12") 3810's perfectly. First impressions are that my trusty 6094A is more comfortable but we'll see if that changes as I start adding shoulder pads and QD cummerbunds.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210412_232115086_jpg-1902550.JPG

Maritime on the left. It is basically a stripped down JPC 2.0. No admin pocket. No mini kangaroo pouch. Everything is mesh and stretch material. Super lightweight as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210412_232213349_PORTRAIT_jpg-1902552.JPG
View Quote
jpc's are awesome

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
jpc's are awesome

https://i.postimg.cc/kMKJBwLB/20200906-171424.jpg
View Quote
What knife is that?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#9]
Bummer, best scrub desert pattern ever. Thank you.
View Quote

Don't kid yerself: Multicam blows brushstroke's pants off here in AZ.

I have three sets of repros, so I'm not hating on the pattern. Unfortunately, the arid variant is too light. Something in-between would rock, but then you just end with Multicam.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#10]
I am in AZ.

I just upgraded slightly - I took off the ersatz medical pouch and replaced it with a North American Rescue Mini AFK with Quik Clot and C.A.T.

Attachment Attached File

Slowly but surely....

Edit to add - yes, it IS upside down, but both arms can reach the zippers now, if one is out of commission.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Creature:
What knife is that?
View Quote
it's a mcnett tactical

they have a few different types with different style blades , great little tool
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
it's a mcnett tactical

they have a few different types with different style blades , great little tool
View Quote

McNett Tactical Utility Knife Review
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210412_232115086_jpg-1902550.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210412_232213349_PORTRAIT_jpg-1902552.JPG
View Quote

What’s your impression of the mesh used in the maritime JPC? Does it seem semi-durable/rugged?
I’ve been looking at one of those long and hard, but can’t get over the mesh body. I have visions of a fuzzy pilled-up mess after a few years
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:

What’s your impression of the mesh used in the maritime JPC? Does it seem semi-durable/rugged?
I’ve been looking at one of those long and hard, but can’t get over the mesh body. I have visions of a fuzzy pilled-up mess after a few years
View Quote

@sic_ness

I think it would definitely be a fuzzy pilled-up mess in a few years. Until that time, it would be an ultra-lightweight completely stripped down carrier with no space to soak up water/sweat.

If you know what you are buying into, I think the juice is worth the squeeze.

For what it's worth. I think I'll be keeping the regular JPC 2.0 and unloading the Maritime version. I was initially looking for a regular Swimmer's Cut JPC but the Maritime version was all that I could find in stock. As luck would have it, as soon as the Maritime arrived, I got an in stock notification for the regular Swimmer's Cut  version.

That said, I'm still not totally sold on the platform. My 6094A is a lot more comfortable. With the JPC (Large), I have to shorten the shoulder straps all the way in order to get good plate fitment. This means that the cummerbund ends up sitting up in my armpits. Anything placed on the cummerbund will have to be mounted upside down or I won't be able to access it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I am in AZ.
View Quote

I know. I can see your info.

I like that NAR pouch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TSR2922] [#16]
Attachment Attached File

Ferro Concepts MC Slickster/Hesco Medium 3810 IIIa Plates.  ESSTAC Triple Midlength Daedon Front Panel
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:

View Quote

I just picked up a jpc 2.0 maritime swimmers cut medium with L210 large plates for a lightweight package. The mesh seems solid i don’t foresee having any issues with it down the road. With Firstspear backers and PIG MK1 shoulder pads it feels just as comfortable as my 6094A QRC,V2 with medium Sapi 3810’s.
I haven’t worn it longer than a hour around the house so we’ll see.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TSR2922:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/162565/342DFA72-237C-4F18-946E-C5996EDCEA0F_jpe-1905916.JPG
Ferris Concepts MC Slickster/Hesco Medium 3810 IIIa Plates.  ESSTAC Triple Midlength Daedon Front Panel
View Quote

Is that a Bueller Tactical GP pouch?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#19]
It is a TAG MOLLE Horizontal Utility Pouch that I picked up on one of their clearance sales several years ago.  I use it for a tool pouch now.  I find it perfectly fits a brass punch set, screwdriver set and also have some hex keys, lube and locktite in there as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Is that a Bueller Tactical GP pouch?
View Quote

It is a TAG MOLLE Horizontal Utility Pouch that I picked up on one of their clearance sales several years ago.  I use it for a tool pouch now.  I find it perfectly fits a brass punch set, screwdriver set and also have some hex keys, lube and locktite in there as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

I just picked up a jpc 2.0 maritime swimmers cut medium with L210 large plates for a lightweight package. The mesh seems solid i don’t foresee having any issues with it down the road. With Firstspear backers and PIG MK1 shoulder pads it feels just as comfortable as my 6094A QRC,V2 with medium Sapi 3810’s.
I haven’t worn it longer than a hour around the house so we’ll see.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/321EABD8-E196-4B87-99F1-7CC73AD76EED_jpe-1905955.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/0A30A5CF-B91E-46AA-88CD-E030AACCAB1F_jpe-1905959.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/FD87E401-E06B-441E-B196-5746C49F9379_jpe-1905962.JPG
View Quote

@FONTY

does the first spear backers fit in a medium JPC with your L210 plates? I have L210’s and just waiting on my medium JPC. Concerned about comfort for long durations and was thinking about getting these backers. Maybe I’m not understanding but do they go IN the plate bag or attach on the outside via some sort of Velcro / sticky pad ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:

@FONTY

does the first spear backers fit in a medium JPC with your L210 plates? I have L210’s and just waiting on my medium JPC. Concerned about comfort for long durations and was thinking about getting these backers. Maybe I’m not understanding but do they go IN the plate bag or attach on the outside via some sort of Velcro / sticky pad ?
View Quote

@JohnMH92  The FirstSpear backers slide right in the medium JPC with L210 lg 10X12 plates perfect fit. Here’s a pic with the backer and plate installed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#23]

@JohnMH92  The FirstSpear backers slide right in the medium JPC with L210 lg 10X12 plates perfect fit. Here’s a pic with the backer and plate installed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/1D791EF3-27D6-4783-B6D4-C915DA1ECA86_jpe-1908218.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for he info. I was thinking of trying these with my JPC and L210s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/1D791EF3-27D6-4783-B6D4-C915DA1ECA86_jpe-1908218.JPG
View Quote

Thanks dude! Time to make more gun related purchases!
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Been doing some re-evaluation. Ordered a Daeodon - L.

It's only money right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Been doing some re-evaluation. Ordered a Daeodon - L.

It's only money right?
View Quote

Lighter than that old thing you have
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#27]
That "old thing I have" might wind up on the EE with the soft-armor included...

Probably gonna spring for a Haley Micro as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Is the only difference in the Esstac M and L the plate size?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Think so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By tunatuk:
Good, I'm always testing and swapping gear around.  Pouches move easily enough that if someone suggests something and has a good reason, it might be worth giving it a chance.  It may be better.

The slightest weight savings multiplied numerous times adds up.  The lighter plates will help, but stick with what you feel you need.  I have the opportunity to get some L210s, which would save me a few pounds, but I don't know that it's worth it right now.

There is one question you need to constantly ask, and that a lot of people don't:

Do you really need XXX piece of equipment? I don't run side plates, because I don't feel I need them.  Could I catch a round in the side because of it? Sure.  But we're already planning for the .0001% chance of needing a PC, so why go the extra .000000000000001% for a minimal return?

As far as comms go.  Instead of relying on someone that you know to be the commo guy, why not become him? You've got plenty of people near you that know it....near to you through the internet.  People learn HAM shit through ARF or Youtube all the time and pass the exam.  Check out Ham Radio Crash Course on YT, and check out the HAM subforum here.  Be the guy, and then get your other guys to NOT use the Motorola blister packs anymore once YOU are the guy.

View Quote

I literally have next to zero interest in comms at all. I'll obtain a working knowledge of how to use the gear I have, but radio knowledge overall doesn't interest me. Living in a retirement community is probably part of it (there's only old fudds around here who use HAM) but having to be the teacher to people who give less of a shit sounds equally painful...
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:

I literally have next to zero interest in comms at all. I'll obtain a working knowledge of how to use the gear I have, but radio knowledge overall doesn't interest me. Living in a retirement community is probably part of it (there's only old fudds around here who use HAM) but having to be the teacher to people who give less of a shit sounds equally painful...
View Quote

Its impossible to overstate the importance of being able to coordinate with your colleagues.

I would recommend burning through it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
View Quote

Did you order one? I did Yesterday. It shipped today.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKCory762:

Came in today
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#34]
That "old thing I have" might wind up on the EE with the soft-armor included...

Probably gonna spring for a Haley Micro as well.
View Quote
Id skip the extra expense and just get some kywi, I didnt care for the velcro in inserts on the haley rig and sold it. kywi are cheaper and better. can always add a taco or admin pouch if you want a little more storage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#35]
I got the micro to wear as a chest at times. I like the way its built. We'll see when it gets here.

Carrier gets here Friday.  How do you like the belt vs. a cummerbund?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I got the micro to wear as a chest at times. I like the way its built. We'll see when it gets here.

View Quote

I like it. I have a similar set up on my eagle carrier. Quick on and off.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#37]
This thing is just sneaking around building itself...

Still not 100% on board the JPC train. That said, it is very much out-of-the-way and light with Hesco 3810s mounted. Does anyone else find that it is difficult to get both the front and rear plates to ride at the correct height?

Attachment Attached File

Progress so far:

JPC 2.0 Large Swimmer's Cut
Hesco 3810 10" x 12" multi-curve shooter's cut
Esstac KIWY M4 placard/shingle
TYR padded PVS pouch
Beez Combat Systems Baofeng flip-down pouch
KRYDEX dangler (at $20 it is the best bang for buck drop pouch available)

On order:

SKD BRIG MK1 shoulder pads
MOS Tactical Tubes cummerbund
AXL Advanced admin zipper insert
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I really like the Micro as a stand-alone chest rig, but when I attach it to the PC it just sticks out too much.  The EssTac placard is perfect for my uses on the PC.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Btw... Have you all seen the new NSW contract Eagle PC?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#41]
I'm thinking QD cummerbund on one side and traditional on the other is the way I am going to run things from here on out. Easy don/doff and I don't lose my radio location.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm thinking QD cummerbund on one side and traditional on the other is the way I am going to run things from here on out. Easy don/doff and I don't lose my radio location.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210423_231752155_jpg-1917171.JPG
View Quote

I had thought about that, but was assuming elastic on one side, so I thought it would pull to the traditional side.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Diggin it. Waiting for the Daeodon this will live on.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#44]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210423_231752155_jpg-1917171.JPG
View Quote

I think I’m about to do the same.  How’s it seem to be working for you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:44:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#45]
Originally Posted By jcast141:

I think I’m about to do the same.  How’s it seem to be working for you?
View Quote

At first it sort of sucked. One side was overbuilt (LBT) and the other was super thin and light. It caused the cummerbund to slide over to the LBT side and then the QD side would get all bunched up. You had to line everything back up for donning.

What fixed it was lacing some thinner gauged shock cord on the outside rear where cummerbund threads into the rear plate bag. You still get your flex but it prevents the cummerbund from sliding from one side to the other. I did this on both sides and now everything is GTG.

MS Paint for your viewing pleasure:

Attachment Attached File

It is nice having a radio tucked in tight against the front mag shingle on my weak side while having instant off on the other side.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Think I like. Gotta go LARP and see what's what.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Think I like. Gotta go LARP and see what's what.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21318/608732b5d661e156731585-1920090.jpg
View Quote

Deets on the PC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#48]
Esstac Daeodon. HSP DC3rm  Steels for the poor.

Make. Stop. Plug.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Esstac Daeodon. HSP DC3rm  Steels for the poor.

Make. Stop. Plug.
View Quote

Clean and simple.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top