Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:

There are many quality options between 100 to 200, I can understand a +200 setup before the 40-80 bucks In pouches and placards can feel unreasonable for sitting in the closet or the occasional larp.

Off the top of my head the ferro concepts slickster is very popular for around 155 if you can find one. Various velocity systems light weight options are around the 140-180 range depending on deals. Grey ghost gear just had a 45 percent sale bringing their minimalist down to 70 bucks or so and that is regularly available for 120 bucks

Lbx 300 for under 100

If you don't mind the color
View Quote

I like the LBX carrier (I don't mind the camo either), but what size plates does a "M/L" carrier accommodate?  I have 10"x12" plates.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The 10x12 L210s I have are a little undersized for my medium 0300, but once you get them snugged up at the bottom they don’t move at all. I suspect a thicker plate would fit a little better.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
QFT. the Fatness allows 3-5 more pouches.
View Quote

I knew that deadlifter gut would come in handy. That and i'm not giving up barbecue and sides any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m needing a set of the 2 or 3 cell internal Velcro mag pouches that go inside the flap of a plate carrier.

What are these actually called and the best places to buy pouches and accessories? I am needing to finish building out my carriers. I have 2 and one is 90% done.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
I'm needing a set of the 2 or 3 cell internal Velcro mag pouches that go inside the flap of a plate carrier.

What are these actually called and the best places to buy pouches and accessories? I am needing to finish building out my carriers. I have 2 and one is 90% done.
View Quote
I believe what you are looking for is kangaroo pouches
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m needing a set of the 2 or 3 cell internal Velcro mag pouches that go inside the flap of a plate carrier.

View Quote

I’m using this:

Attachment Attached File

https://highgroundgear.com/collections/ammo-pouches/products/5-56-mag-pouch-insert-triple

Plus 3 of these:

Attachment Attached File

https://esstac.com/5-56-kywi-insert/

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Wish I had come across this the other day. If anyone bought one they dont want let me know
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#8]

Thats it. When I google AR kangroo pouches I keep getting the tacos that clip to molly webbing which is what I have on one carrier and want to get away from.

Just need to find some that are a little bit cheaper now. lol

This is going on a backup carrier so not wanting to sink a ton of funds into it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Thats it. When I google AR kangroo pouches I keep getting the tacos that clip to molly webbing which is what I have on one carrier and want to get away from.

This is going on a backup carrier so not wanting to sink a ton of funds into it.
View Quote

Beez has one for $20
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

There are cheaper versions but many of them don't have dividers that run the length of the magazines and the KYWI/Kydex inserts don't work with them.

Here are some cheap options:

$22.99
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

$22.99
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

$14.50
https://www.evike.com/products/95036/

$16.99
https://axistactical.com/pouches/map-pocket-mag-insert

$30
https://www.skdtac.com/Mayflower-Triple-Mag-Insert-p/mfr.111.htm
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

There are cheaper versions but many of them don't have dividers that run the length of the magazines and the KYWI/Kydex inserts don't work with them.

Here are some cheap options:

$22.99
www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTFKB5S

$22.99
www.amazon.com/dp/B00865NLHU

$14.50
https://www.evike.com/products/95036/

$16.99
https://axistactical.com/pouches/map-pocket-mag-insert

$30
https://www.skdtac.com/Mayflower-Triple-Mag-Insert-p/mfr.111.htm
View Quote

Your a good man. Thanks

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a BIG dude.  A little overweight like most of us but by no means a blob.  6'3" 300lbs.  Broad shoulders, thick chest, long torso.  

I have pretty much come to terms that I will likely need 11x14 plates.  What is a good combo for plates and carrier in that size?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#13]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
I am a BIG dude.  A little overweight like most of us but by no means a blob.  6'3" 300lbs.  Broad shoulders, thick chest, long torso.  

I have pretty much come to terms that I will likely need 11x14 plates.  What is a good combo for plates and carrier in that size?
View Quote

LBT 6094
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

LBT 6094
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

LBT 6094

Spiritus LV119
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Interestingly, bigger guys don't necessarily have significantly bigger organs. Just size yourself for plates my measuring across your nipples(outer edge to outer edge) and then from the bottom of the notch between your collar bones to the horizontal line drawn between the bottom of your rib cage (should be an inch or two above your belly button)

You probably will still only need a med or a large SAPI after this. Get a carrier sized to the plates you buy and buy an appropriately sized cumberbund to size your girth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Do not... I repeat... DO NOT... Go to Arbor Arms USA. It is a black hole of web gear doo dads that you're going to end up drunk-buying at 3 o'clock in the morning.

I just spent an hour looking at 87,000 different ways of mounting my HT to my plate carrier.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2020-12-08_231328_png-1722040.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2020-12-08_231306_png-1722041.JPG

EDIT:

They also might have the best PVS-14 pouch I've ever come across.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/42CBA867-8DA6-4942-935A-A5B7E17851B7_jpe-1722030.JPG
View Quote

Too late.  I dig arborarms gear.   I recently picked up one of their carriers.  Need to add some photos to this thread.  It is very nice kit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I would strongly suggest steering clear of the xl plates.  Getting into and out of a vehicle is fucking hell with them on. I have similar dimensions to you, recently got the 10x12 plates, never going back.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Slicksters are currently in-stock at FERRO's website- Mediums in Coyote and Grey.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally setting up my slickster. Recommendations for converting the Velcro for quick on/off?  Tubes, buckles, something I’m missing?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#20]
Got my JPC set up how I like with L210s.
Anybody have any spare Crye JPC mag pouch bungees? I have cash or mags.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Haggin:
Finally setting up my slickster. Recommendations for converting the Velcro for quick on/off?  Tubes, buckles, something I’m missing?
View Quote

Axl tubes conversion. I just use the velcro
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20201217_203601_jpg-1737649.JPG
View Quote
where are your eject pull tabs on your shoulders?

i got yelled at for not having mine fully accessible.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:

View Quote

It's not a 2.0
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

It's not a 2.0
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:

It's not a 2.0
ahh ty. didnt know that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I am 6'1" and heavier than you are.  I got the LBT QRC V2 XL.  I have 11x14 plates in it and fits good.  The cummerbund was a little short but the nice part about this is it uses shock cord laced in the back to hold it together. So I just got longer shock-cord and actually a little thicker then what it came with and worked great and it still is in the back pocket so you don't see the cord.  It is a little spendy right now, but I think they run sales on them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20201217_203601_jpg-1737649.JPG
View Quote

@Kidnap_44

These might do the trick.
https://www.spiritussystems.com/bungee-retention-kit/
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Spiritus LV119
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mPisi:

LBT 6094

Spiritus LV119

Shellback Banshee
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#29]
1092s vs L210.

Multicurve is substantially more comfortable...even with the added bulk.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
1192s vs L210.

Multicurve is substantially more comfortable...even with the added bulk.

https://i.imgur.com/SXT3fWf.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/A4Eqp1R.jpg?1
View Quote

No arguments here, but bear in mind $699/ea. vs. $375/pair, shipped (T.REX Arms).
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#31]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

No arguments here, but bear in mind $699/ea. vs. $375/pair, shipped (T.REX Arms).
View Quote

The 1092s are available for $519/pair delivered.

$519 vs $375.

Still a significant difference though.

ETA:  I screwed up in the original post.  These are 1092s NOT 1192s.  Apologies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#32]

$519 vs $375.

ETA:  I screwed up in the original post.  These are 1092s NOT 1192s.  Apologies.
View Quote

Ah, okay, that’s a much closer comparison. Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I read you might not want multi curve if you have a gut. I'll never buy anything other than multi curve. The 3810 is a great investment. I did have to take a deep breath when I pushed the submit order button, but ease of wear and decent peace of mind has been worth every penny.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:
I read you might not want multi curve if you have a gut. I'll never buy anything other than multi curve. The 3810 is a great investment. I did have to take a deep breath when I pushed the submit order button, but ease of wear and decent peace of mind has been worth every penny.
View Quote

I hear you.  I'm certainly not at my USMC weight, but I'm not fat nor do I have a pronounced gut.  The multicurve is simply head and shoulders more comfortable and worth a $150 premium over the L210s (if you and your carrier can live with the thickness).

I'm basically larping now but buying for worst case scenario and to be prepared.  Could not justify 3810s...even though I REALLY wanted them.  If I was wearing plates for work, the 3810s would be a no brainer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Shellback Banshee, Blue Alpha gear belt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Poors here. I took some advice from Arf and stripped off a few things after I defined "the mission" as home defense. if the militia is calling me up we are in a world of hurt.

Removed the Tactical Tailor Fight Light Joey .75 liter Camelbak. Not enough there to make it worth it, and I will look in to a light backpack instead with a full size water bladder in it. Can't sir in any kind of chair with that thing on my back. I took off the High Ground Admin two mag pouch - I don't thin I am going to need to access a map inside the house - and replaced it with the El Cheapo Condor four mag pouch. Why? It's what I had. Stripped off morale patches - I have no morale anyway.

Attachment Attached File

Note, I see a bunch of people with many different comm/radio pouches. I thought about ti, but I have nobody to talk to anyway, so no need. Plates are High Ground 10/12 shooter cut. It's amazing to me every time I put that heavy thing on how well the PC distributes the weight, so I really don't feel like I am carrying much of a load, almost feels lighter than the work PC.
Here's to hoping I never need to find out how well the plates actually work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Poors here. I took some advice from Arf and stripped off a few things after I defined "the mission" as home defense. if the militia is calling me up we are in a world of hurt.

Removed the Tactical Tailor Fight Light Joey .75 liter Camelbak. Not enough there to make it worth it, and I will look in to a light backpack instead with a full size water bladder in it. Can't sir in any kind of chair with that thing on my back. I took off the High Ground Admin two mag pouch - I don't thin I am going to need to access a map inside the house - and replaced it with the El Cheapo Condor four mag pouch. Why? It's what I had. Stripped off morale patches - I have no morale anyway.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Battle_rattle_12_16_2020_1_jpg-1740904.JPG

Note, I see a bunch of people with many different comm/radio pouches. I thought about ti, but I have nobody to talk to anyway, so no need. Plates are High Ground 10/12 shooter cut. It's amazing to me every time I put that heavy thing on how well the PC distributes the weight, so I really don't feel like I am carrying much of a load, almost feels lighter than the work PC.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360589/Battle_rattle_12_16_2020_1_jpg-1740904.JPG

View Quote

This is awesome to me.  I love it when people make stuff work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: qmikep] [#39]

$519 vs $375.

View Quote

Where are you finding the 1092s for 519/pair delivered? It comes out to about $570 on my end.

Is there a discount code or something?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By qmikep:

Where are you finding the 1092s for 519/pair delivered? Ot cones out to abouy $570 on my end.

Is there a discount code or something?
View Quote

There is indeed a discount code.  Its is out there.  IM me if you cannot find with a simple google search.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#41]
@USMC_JA thanks for turning me on to the RMA Defense 1092 plates. I ended up buying a set and subsequently ordered a genuine, still-in-the-bag Crye Precision SPC carrier, Multicam, medium off a reputable seller on eBay--along with a Large Skeletal cummerbund from that same seller. Stoked on the better setup vs. what I was originally going to go with. Granted, there's an 8-10 week lead time on the plates, but my carrier ships today. In all, it's still better than my other scenario which was L210 plates shipped right away, but the estimated ship date for a "made-to-order" JPC 2.0 Swimmer Cut was 3/26/2021.

Code RMAPROTECTS gets you 10% off. Just used it. $516.98 shipped--including tax.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#42]
@USMC_JA thanks for turning me on to the RMA Defense 1092 plates. I ended up buying a set and subsequently ordered a genuine, still-in-the-bag Crye Precision SPC carrier, Multicam, medium off a reputable seller on eBay--along with a Large Skeletal cummerbund from that same seller. Stoked on the better setup vs. what I was originally going to go with. Granted, there's an 8-10 week lead time on the plates, but my carrier ships today. In all, it's still better than my other scenario which was L210 plates shipped right away, but the estimated ship date for a "made-to-order" JPC 2.0 Swimmer Cut was 3/26/2021.

Code RMAPROTECTS gets you 10% off. Just used it. $516.98 shipped--including tax.
View Quote

You are very much welcome.  Two things:  one good and one (potentially) bad.  

The good:  I was quoted a 13 week wait on the 1092s.   I purchased them the week before Thanksgiving.  They arrived this weekend.  So, you might get them sooner than expected.  And in fact, I ordered another set over the weekend.

The (potentially) bad:  double check that your carrier will fit the plates.  Some carriers will not because of the thickness and cut.  The plates BARELY fit in my arbor arms carrier...and that's after cussing, pushing, squeezing, and straining.   I've got 3/4 velcro attachment on the front, 1/2 in the back.  

The plates are hanging in the carrier to see if it stretches the material a bit.  I'll work on them some more after a couple more days.   The SAPI cut and thickness of the plates is the culprit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, it's a good callout for sure. The Crye PC has stretchy material along both vertical sides of the pocket. I did run through a thread on Reddit where multiple users reported the 1092 plates were tight in their SPC Medium at first, but after a few days they were able to get more of the velcro closure in place. Recognizing there are some variances in thickness on the 1092s due to manufacturing tolerances, I will just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, it's a good callout for sure. The Crye PC has stretchy material along both vertical sides of the pocket. I did run through a thread on Reddit where multiple users reported the 1092 plates were tight in their SPC Medium at first, but after a few days they were able to get more of the velcro closure in place. Recognizing there are some variances in thickness on the 1092s due to manufacturing tolerances, I will just have to wait and see.
View Quote

Roger that.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Just picked up a LV119 what is everyone running for placards and what else should I pick up for it
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By WilsonC:
Just picked up a LV119 what is everyone running for placards and what else should I pick up for it
View Quote

I just run the spiritus 3 mag pouch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

I just run the spiritus 3 mag pouch.
View Quote

This. Have a micro fight and the low vos placard. Placard runs on the pc and micro is standalone or with a pack
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#48]

LBX 0300 with some old pouches I had kicking around. Currently has sold old SAPI plates in it but I’m replacing them with a set of Paraclete 10x12 multi curve stand alone level IV plates. I have some pouches from Wilde Custom Gear on the way. This is just a range and PT toy so God’s Plaid it is
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:38:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#49]
Anyone wanting to try out a cheap but well made dangler.... I just received a $22 Amazon Krydex drop pouch and I have to say that I am impressed. Material is 500D Cordura, zippers are YKK and Velcro is as good as any of the big names. Only thing I don’t like on it is the gauge of the shock cord used at the bottom to hold a TQ.

This pouch allowed me to move my Tactical Tailor admin pouch off of the cummerbund on my strong side, freeing up more space for drawing a pistol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:43:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#50]
Anyone wanting to try out a cheap but well made dangler.... I just received a $22 Amazon Krydex drop pouch and I have to say that I am impressed. Material is 500D Cordura, zippers are YKK and Velcro is as good as any of of the big names. Only thing I don’t like on it is the gauge of the shock cord used at the bottom to hold a TQ.

This pouch allowed me to move my Tactical Tailor admin pouch off of the cummerbund on my strong side, freeing up more space for drawing a pistol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/EDD221A6-D5AE-4834-99BA-BA4524D8E41A_jpe-1745522.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/FAA67E5F-4BB3-42A7-928E-40BF3D178941_jpe-1745525.JPG
View Quote

+1

That's what I'm running. The Multicam matches my carrier too. So far I'm impressed.

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top