https://i.imgur.com/zHlonRL.jpg

Ferro Concepts FCPC V5
Spiritus Micro Fight MK4
AXL high top zipper
FC Mini Dangler
BCS Tubes cummerbund
View Quote

@DontBuryMe

I'm looking for a Tube cummerbund for my V5.
Is this the BCS tube cummerbund system you have?
https://beezcombatsystems.com/AR-ELASTIC-CUMMERBUND-3-4-CELL-TUBES-KIT-3-4celltube.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IWC71:

@DontBuryMe

I'm looking for a Tube cummerbund for my V5.
Is this the BCS tube cummerbund system you have?
https://beezcombatsystems.com/AR-ELASTIC-CUMMERBUND-3-4-CELL-TUBES-KIT-3-4celltube.htm
View Quote

Yes sir, that's the one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Condor Sentry PC from Galls, $45
LAPG Level III plates,  10x12 $115 each
HOANAN kangaroo mag pouches, $29

Haven't weighed it yet since my scale has a dead battery.  LAPG site says the plates are 5.29 lbs each.  I'm thinking that it will weigh in around 20 lbs with mags.

I'll be wearing IIIA soft armor underneath my uniform shirt, PASGT helmet as well (both provided by my department).  Not much real estate for other items, but I have a 3 liter Condor Camelbak that I can throw on the back.  Full duty belt plus TQ will go with this also.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AmateurLuthier:
Got everything put together.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnWk8vlaj
View Quote

You certainly mean everything lol!  What does that weigh, 4.....500 pounds?!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

This is the one I got.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By og107:
Bought the tubes kit off Amazon for my Banshee.

I see why folks like these things now.

And I got my replacement plates in from Hesco yesterday.

Which kit fits the Banshee?

This is the one I got.
I had been looking at those. Just ordered a set.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alien:
View All Quotes

This is the one I got.

It's definitely nice not having to undo the front flap every time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AIWB:

You certainly mean everything lol!  What does that weigh, 4.....500 pounds?!
View Quote

I'm trying to figure out how to attach the Pelican case that's under it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#8]

View All Quotes

This is the one I got.

I put a set on my LBX 0300. Easy to install and I like them too. Also braided some paracord on the back Molle on the cummerbund so it doesnt move. A LOT easier to get on and off now
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
What elastic cummerbund options are there? Looking to update my original Banshee.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Esstac Daedon Light ASS with esttac deep triple placard

t-rex arms tq holders

Ferro Dangler
View Quote

What light is on there?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

I put a set on my LBX 0300. Easy to install and I like them too. Also braided some paracord on the back Molle on the cummerbund so it doesnt move. A LOT easier to get on and off now
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

This is the one I got.

I still need to do that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gomulego] [#13]
Until recent events I never even gave any thought to needing a plate carrier of any type because I've never envisioned a need for me personally. I'm not mil or leo and so it just never occurred to me. That is until I started to realize that things are getting spicy in an uncomfortable way and so I came over to this forum to see what you guys do and sure enough it appears everybody is having the same thoughts as me. But a lot of this stuff is hard to piece together right now.  I've read a lot here (thank you folks) and decided that this one would probably work fine for me should I need it.  It fits me fine (6'0, 182lbs) and is quite comfortable and seems well made. This is a Shellback Tactical Shield Active Shooter with level iv plates.   To be honest, I hope I never actually need to use it though.

I don't know if I'll add anything but maybe a medical kit or a belt later but for now I'm pretty happy with this. I do see why now though that you guys promote the tubes for the cumberbund.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
I got an abrasion burn on one of my right hand knuckles from the hook underside while dicking with my plate carrier the other day. Won't have to worry about that anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By gomulego:
Until recent events I never even gave any thought to needing a plate carrier of any type because I've never envisioned a need for me personally. I'm not mil or leo and so it just never occurred to me. That is until I started to realize that things are getting spicy in an uncomfortable way and so I came over to this forum to see what you guys do and sure enough it appears everybody is having the same thoughts as me. But a lot of this stuff is hard to piece together right now.  I've read a lot here (thank you folks) and decided that this one would probably work fine for me should I need it.  It fits me fine (6'0, 182lbs) and is quite comfortable and seems well made. This is a Shellback Tactical Shield Active Shooter with level iv plates.   To be honest, I hope I never actually need to use it though.

I don't know if I'll add anything but maybe a medical kit or a belt later but for now I'm pretty happy with this. I do see why now though that you guys promote the tubes for the cumberbund.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4281/cPrsQx.jpg
View Quote

That is an very nice basic setup, sir. I would recommend an individual first aid kit an tourniquet if you can, but I am no door kicker expert in any way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:00:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SekFan] [#16]
Had to repurpose an old VS LPAC since we went to multicam.  Right now on the front is a WTF placard w a BFG triple pouch.  IFAK is on the belt or in a custom tray that sits in the right side wing.  Left side wing is for APX8000.  

Plates are either Ceradyne ESAPI or LTC poly plates (weighing 2.3 lbs each).  Nice to have options

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:
What elastic cummerbund options are there? Looking to update my original Banshee.
View Quote

I upgraded mine with this one, couldn't be happier:

https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Retro-Kit-Cummerbund-Tubes-Skeletal-Cummerbund-RK-SK-Tubes-GRID.htm
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Ferro FCPC V5
Spiritus mk3
BFG ten speed attached to the ‘bund

Shoulder pads as soon as they come back in stock but otherwise it’s mostly done.  I’ll get some better pics sometime.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 00sdime00:

ESSTAC's 2" Cobra belt setup is wonderful. I just added a set of SKD PIG BRIG shoulder pads to mine to make it a little more comfy and they fit perfect.
https://i.ibb.co/b7B4PZK/7-C2-B9-B73-8-E22-4-F1-F-BEDD-487-BD37817-EF.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
Yeah tubes are nice if you go with a molle style Cumberbund, I want a low profile cobra style Cumberbund if esstac ever starts selling things again. Having to lift the Packard and mess with all that velcro to put on or take off is lame and wears out the velcro eventually

ESSTAC's 2" Cobra belt setup is wonderful. I just added a set of SKD PIG BRIG shoulder pads to mine to make it a little more comfy and they fit perfect.

I don't see that belt setup available on their site. Got a link by any chance?

@00sdime00 @OOsdimeOO

Don't know if those are ohs or zeros.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have any leads on a Ferro Concepts Carry Elastic Cummerbund in Black?? Please and thank you!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]

JPC 1.0

LAPG level III plates

IFAIK

4 rifle Mags

Baofeng Radio

Flashlight

Multitool

92a1 Extra Mag

Mini Griptillian

Really comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Wheres a good place to buy patches?
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 00sdime00] [#23]
Originally Posted By M4Real:

@00sdime00 @OOsdimeOO

View All Quotes
Yeah tubes are nice if you go with a molle style Cumberbund, I want a low profile cobra style Cumberbund if esstac ever starts selling things again. Having to lift the Packard and mess with all that velcro to put on or take off is lame and wears out the velcro eventually

@00sdime00 @OOsdimeOO

@M4Real

They would be zeroes
To answer your question, I can't halp you there. It looks like Esstac either removed the option to purchase one separately or never added it when they went to their new site format. Try sending an email or calling, I guess. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote
Milspec Monkey has a ton (purchased a few). Amazon is great too. Just make sure you are getting a velcro patch and not an adhesive one. I have random ones I have purchased from various places.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

Violent Little Machine Shop and Tactical Outfitters are two good sources.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#26]
I got my carrier all setup. I got the tube retrofit kit installed. Holy crap this is a huge improvement. They are super convenient. I can't recommend upgrading your carrier to have them enough.

I got a cheap IFAK pouch off of Amazon and got it setup with essentials. It was good for the price I paid ($30) and came with a knockoff TQ and Israeli Bandage. The tourniquet holder on the front stuck out too far for my comfort, so I took a razor blade and carefully cut it off. I swapped out the knockoff TQ and Israeli Bandage for genuine ones. I also added shears, a QuikClot bandage, and chest seals. I moved the non essential medical stuff and the knockoff Israeli Bandage along with another genuine TQ to the top pouch of my Camelbak Ambush hooked onto the rear of the plate carrier to act as a secondary IFAK. I'll use the knockoff TQ for practice. Now I want to upgrade my primary pouch to an ITS Tactical IFAK (not sure if I wanna get a Fatboy or Tallboy). This is good enough for now though. I have watched videos on how to use these tools, but I know could really benefit from an actual class.

I am content with the single curve plates I purchased for now and they aren't uncomfortable, but I don't like the way they jut out at the top of the plate carrier. My chest is big, so that probably makes them stick out more but maybe that's an issue for everybody. I'll eventually upgrade to multi-curve plates if/when demand and cost comes down.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Heads Up: Esstac has Daeodon ASS in MultiCam back in stock for the moment.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks, finally got one ordered.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn. Tempted but just got my LBX-0300 recently and havent even finished setting that one up
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I got my carrier all setup. I got the tube retrofit kit installed. Holy crap this is a huge improvement. They are super convenient. I can't recommend upgrading your carrier to have them enough.

I got a cheap IFAK pouch off of Amazon and got it setup with essentials. It was good for the price I paid ($30) and came with a knockoff TQ and Israeli Bandage. The tourniquet holder on the front stuck out too far for my comfort, so I took a razor blade and carefully cut it off. I swapped out the knockoff TQ and Israeli Bandage for genuine ones. I also added shears, a QuikClot bandage, and chest seals. I moved the non essential medical stuff and the knockoff Israeli Bandage along with another genuine TQ to the top pouch of my Camelbak Ambush hooked onto the rear of the plate carrier to act as a secondary IFAK. I'll use the knockoff TQ for practice. Now I want to upgrade my primary pouch to an ITS Tactical IFAK (not sure if I wanna get a Fatboy or Tallboy). This is good enough for now though. I have watched videos on how to use these tools, but I know could really benefit from an actual class.

I am content with the single curve plates I purchased for now and they aren't uncomfortable, but I don't like the way they jut out at the top of the plate carrier. My chest is big, so that probably makes them stick out more but maybe that's an issue for everybody. I'll eventually upgrade to multi-curve plates if/when demand and cost comes down.

https://i.imgur.com/wER4gcH.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/wGaAnx8.jpg?1
View Quote

Just spent far too much on a JPC-compatible MOS Tactical cummerbund with First Spear tubes because I wasn't convinced I wanted to commit by modifying what I have now...but good to hear.  The velcro shit gets old...fast.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Friggin amazing PC.
View Quote

Awesome. Now for some decent plates. I have AR500 crap right now. I’m sure they will work but they are heavy as shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#34]

I think esstac has some hesco stuff in stock too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USA1st:

Awesome. Now for some decent plates. I have AR500 crap right now. I'm sure they will work but they are heavy as shit.

Talk to @RyanEsstac

I just got some 3810s. They seems like awesome plates. Can't wait to get them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Talk to @RyanEsstac

View All Quotes

Awesome. Now for some decent plates. I have AR500 crap right now. I'm sure they will work but they are heavy as shit.

Talk to @RyanEsstac

They're great plates
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

They're great plates
View Quote

I ordered a shooter's cut for the front and a SAPI cut for the back. At 3.9 and 4.1 Lbs. they are about half the weight of my current Level IVs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#37]
About to pull the trigger on some 3810s because trex has them in stock as a set of sapi Ms, and I want to get these in my hands before the election. I would like to have a shooter cut front but mixing and matching from places is probably going to put me in the 8-10 week camp ordering from somewhere else. Any suggestions before I yeet my dollars at them?

The only thing that has me nervous is that when I cut out some cardboard to SAPI Medium the edges just come to my nipple centers. I bought a set of 4401s a month or two ago for my girlfriend and they seemed to fit okay but now that I’m looking at spending 6x more on a III+ multicurve setup I want to be sure they’ll fit correctly.   Am I gonna die?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Heads Up: Esstac has Daeodon ASS in MultiCam back in stock for the moment.
View Quote

Glad I found this thread looking for ideas. I have yet to really read this thing but in skimming through this I see some cool setups and upgrades to cumberbuns and putting together nice rigs. I wonder if I should just jump on a couple of these or hold off until I do my research more. These are pretty minimal which I like. I kind of want mags on my side so this option may not allow that or cumberbun options down the road.

All BS aside should I FO on a couple of these while I can?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:57:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#39]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
About to pull the trigger on some 3810s because trex has them in stock as a set of sapi Ms, and I want to get these in my hands before the election. I would like to have a shooter cut front but mixing and matching from places is probably going to put me in the 8-10 week camp ordering from somewhere else. Any suggestions before I yeet my dollars at them?

The only thing that has me nervous is that when I cut out some cardboard to SAPI Medium the edges just come to my nipple centers. I bought a set of 4401s a month or two ago for my girlfriend and they seemed to fit okay but now that I'm looking at spending 6x more on a III+ multicurve setup I want to be sure they'll fit correctly.   Am I gonna die?
View Quote

Check with Esstac for the shooter's cut front.

https://esstac.com/instock-hesco-3810-level-iii-armor-plate/
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#40]

View All Quotes

The only thing that has me nervous is that when I cut out some cardboard to SAPI Medium the edges just come to my nipple centers. I bought a set of 4401s a month or two ago for my girlfriend and they seemed to fit okay but now that I'm looking at spending 6x more on a III+ multicurve setup I want to be sure they'll fit correctly.   Am I gonna die?

Looks like they have them in large but not medium.

Edit: I’m not opposed to large but I did already buy a JPC 2.0 in medium
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgunner0210] [#41]

View Quote

A large shooter cut will be a 10x12 (nominal dimensions probably 9.5-9.75"x11.5-12.5") so right on par with SAPI-M sizing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#42]

Edit: I'm not opposed to large but I did already buy a JPC 2.0 in medium
View All Quotes

I wouldn't want smaller than 10x12 anyway. Those won't fit in your JPC?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:

A large shooter cut will be a 10x12 (nominal dimensions probably 9.5-9.75"x11.5-12.5") so right on par with SAPI-M sizing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:

Showing my ignorance Looks like ill be nabbing a 10x12 shooters cut from esstac and tracking down a sapi medium somewhere else. Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#44]

View All Quotes

A 10x12 should fit, with a bit of prodding.  As you probably know, the JPC 2.0 is designed for SAPI cut...and fits those plates like a glove.  Assuming that 10x12 is really 10x12 (which is not always a safe assumption with 10x12s), the plate will be a half inch wider and half inch shorter than the pocket...but it stretches.  How much I don't know.  My plates are SAPI...and fairly thin, so they slid in easily.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Cummerbund is a (folded) Ferro Carry.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#46]

I ordered a shooter's cut for the front and a SAPI cut for the back. At 3.9 and 4.1 Lbs. they are about half the weight of my current Level IVs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

They're great plates

Same!
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#47]
ANNNNND there gone. oh well. if I change its to goto the full daeodon. the ASS is basically the same as what I have now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#48]
ANNNNND there gone. oh well. if I change its to goto the full daeodon. the ASS is basically the same as what I have now.
View Quote

I was going to get these but I need to figure out what I need first. I know it's going to be harder to find something right now but I have barely figured out what anything is or know what I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#49]

The only thing that has me nervous is that when I cut out some cardboard to SAPI Medium the edges just come to my nipple centers. I bought a set of 4401s a month or two ago for my girlfriend and they seemed to fit okay but now that I’m looking at spending 6x more on a III+ multicurve setup I want to be sure they’ll fit correctly.   Am I gonna die?
View Quote

My L210s fit about the same. I’m not sweating it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:35:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#50]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

Just spent far too much on a JPC-compatible MOS Tactical cummerbund with First Spear tubes because I wasn't convinced I wanted to commit by modifying what I have now...but good to hear.  The velcro shit gets old...fast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

https://i.imgur.com/wER4gcH.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/wGaAnx8.jpg?1

I have only worn it around the house so far and it's been good. I'll be taking it with me when I go shooting next. I may get a new cumberbund for peace of mind, but I do kind of wish I had gotten the 3.0 carrier that came with the tubes built in.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top