Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By benw8887:

I hear ya, you got to buy what's in your budget. I too, have an LBX 0300. Still waiting on my plates from Kota.

I'm going to buy a couple 0300 vests for the woman & kid. I found some older 0300's on ebay for pretty cheap, because they are the old ugly camo that nobody wants.

My plan is the same as yours, get them to safety will covering.

Edit: I've seen several video's about the LBT 6094 cummerbund fitting the 0300. All the reviews of the 0300 recommend a CB upgrade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By benw8887:
Originally Posted By WhiteBuffalo:

According to my bathroom scale, I’m 232, put the carrier on and I’m 254  Those plates are heavy, but the carrier distribute the weight well, so it doesn’t feel that bad when running, doing squats, getting up and the like.

I should also add that my two pistol mags are 21 round.

I have 0 medical supplies on that rig, and I should probably change that.

Add that my rifle weighs about 10 pounds, and we’re getting somewhere.

I’m really wanting side plates, so it’ll be even heavier with those, I just haven’t figured out how I’m going to add those.

The weight is the plates. But they were in my budget, same as the battle steel in my wife’s, but I’m not going to load her down, my goal for hers is for her to get to safety while I put my foot down and stop attackers in their tracks.

I hear ya, you got to buy what's in your budget. I too, have an LBX 0300. Still waiting on my plates from Kota.

I'm going to buy a couple 0300 vests for the woman & kid. I found some older 0300's on ebay for pretty cheap, because they are the old ugly camo that nobody wants.

My plan is the same as yours, get them to safety will covering.

Edit: I've seen several video's about the LBT 6094 cummerbund fitting the 0300. All the reviews of the 0300 recommend a CB upgrade.

Yep, this LBX 0300 came from eBay, the camo works perfectly for my AO. I got these plates from Kota also, they come up every now and again and ship the next day. They’re good plates, just heavy. Thin though.

I’m looking at cummerbund replacements, they’re all fairly universal, just not sure what direction I wanna go.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6094 and 0300 use the same style rear bag, so the cummerbunds are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:
The 6094 and 0300 use the same style rear bag, so the cummerbunds are interchangeable.
View Quote

I see people upgrading their 6094 cummerbund systems, wonder if any of them wanna sell they’re old ones.

The carrier itself is extremely well built, people keep sleeping on these things because the colors don’t match their favorite GI Joe doll they had when they were kids a couple of years ago, but the camo patterns are actually useful, as opposed to trying to pretend you’re a patch of desert in a swamp for example.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I’m looking at the MOS Tactical skeletonized tubes cummerbund.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered the (MADE IN USA) Beez Combat Systems skeletonized FirstSpear tubes cumberbund for my LBT 6094. Hope this modernizes my PC enough to keep me from lusting after any new offerings.

Attachment Attached File

They've got a ton of other offerings as well...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'll report back once I get it hooked up to my PC.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
I just ordered the (MADE IN USA) Beez Combat Systems skeletonized FirstSpear tubes cumberbund for my LBT 6094. Hope this modernizes my PC enough to keep me from lusting after any new offerings.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/F723E819-3482-4CB8-9B80-953A0F822C35_jpe-1564388.JPG

They've got a ton of other offerings as well...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/DD1CAAD9-0CE3-4E4D-A8AE-D7AC57C0DC43_jpe-1564389.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/E2B691A9-8F27-43ED-A070-6A61EC56FAE9_jpe-1564390.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/50A28B82-DFBA-4B19-AE62-6D4954D62BA6_jpe-1564391.JPG

I'll report back once I get it hooked up to my PC.

View Quote
stop posting stuff like this I already have 3 cummerbunds for my pc lol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:58:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JustinU235] [#7]
I'm new to the plate carrier world and after the Virginia Rally, I decided to get in on the game. Someone posted a slick Ferro Concepts Slickster setup which I really liked from the minimalist aspect. So that's the direction I went. I bought some Spiritus Systems components so I could maximize the modularity. I like that I can go "full kit" or "slick" as needed.

Now to train with it and dial it in. Outside of occasional training, it'll spend most of its life with the rest of my home defense gear. I'm not operating operationally nor trying to pretend to be. I believe in civilians owning and training with the same gear and "because I can" is all the reason I need.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:
I'm new to the plate carrier world and after the Virginia Rally, I decided to get in on the game. Someone posted a slick Ferro Concepts Slickster setup which I really liked from the minimalist aspect. So that's the direction I went. I bought some Spiritus Systems components so I could maximize the modularity. I like that I can go "full kit" or "slick" as needed.

Now to train with it and dial it in. Outside of occasional training, it'll spend most of its life with the rest of my home defense gear. I'm not operating operationally nor trying to pretend to be. I believe in civilians owning and training with the same gear and "because I can" is all the reason I need.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8z7zx8N/IMG-20200827-111738.jpg
View Quote

Looks good to me
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Very nice.  I also really like the color...and, of course, the VA patch  
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Looks good to me
View Quote

Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

Very nice.  I also really like the color...and, of course, the VA patch  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Tubes. Very nice.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

@JustinHEMI04 I just ordered a Slickster myself, thinking that it would be nice to be able to go slick, and wedge a few spare mags on the sides if I need to.

what did you get from Spiritus Systems to give you that front set up?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@JustinHEMI04 I just ordered a Slickster myself, thinking that it would be nice to be able to go slick, and wedge a few spare mags on the sides if I need to.

View Quote

Chassis, triple rifle, double pistol and half flap. I have the same setup in coyote
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Chassis, triple rifle, double pistol and half flap. I have the same setup in coyote
View Quote

@stoner01 so that's 4 distinct things, correct?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]

@stoner01 so that's 4 distinct things, correct?
View Quote

Yes. You can forego the half flap for an aftermarket zipper pouch if you desire as well.
I need to get one for my med stuff
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Yes. You can forego the half flap for an aftermarket zipper pouch if you desire as well.
I need to get one for my med stuff
View Quote

Sheesh that set up is gonna cost more than my plates :-/
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Sheesh that set up is gonna cost more than my plates :-/
View Quote

Look at headon tactical
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Still working on this JPC.  It's going to be my lighter kit option for when I don't necessarily want my AWS OCPC.  It's also swift clip so I can swap between the Haley Micro for 5.56 and the Haley Heavy for 7.62

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

View Quote

Although confirmation not really needed, stoner nailed it. Specifically it's the Fight Chassis MK4. When I was doing my decision making, I saw this setup used a lot, and it made a lot of sense for my needs. I keep a flashlight and multi-tool in the half flap area.

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought the tubes kit off Amazon for my Banshee.

I see why folks like these things now.

And I got my replacement plates in from Hesco yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm looking to pick up my first.  Any suggestions on how to size them?   Does the small/med/large/xl run the same as shirts?   Can you fit the JPC 2.0 under a shirt if needed?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Martlet:
I'm looking to pick up my first.  Any suggestions on how to size them?   Does the small/med/large/xl run the same as shirts?   Can you fit the JPC 2.0 under a shirt if needed?  

Thanks!
View Quote

Size the plate and then buy the carrier that fits the plate - Hesco Armor Size Guide

A JPC 2.0 under a shirt?  Well, there are slicker carriers for such use, but yes, if you don't hang a ton of stuff on it...and have a baggy enough shirt.  

But on a serious note, that is exactly what I did.  I compromised a bit on threat protection and went with U210 plates that are only a little more than half an inch thick in a JPC 2.0.  It's the same reason I went with a flat (and expandable) mag pouch on the chest:

I live in a suburban to urban area, so low profile is a priority for me.  Less of an issue if you live in a rural area.

I have Haley mag pouch inserts if the balloon goes up and low profile no longer has value.  I hope that's never the case, but hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

Thanks!
View Quote

Medium would be your best bet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Medium would be your best bet.
View Quote

How could you possible know that?  He could be 5'4" with a 36" chest...or 6'5" with a 50" chest.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#25]

How could you possible know that?  He could be 5'4" with a 36" chest...or 6'5" with a 50" chest.
View Quote

Depending on my lifting schedule I move a little, bit right now, bare chested measured at the nipple, I'm 6'0 45" chest.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Size the plate and then buy the carrier that fits the plate - Hesco Armor Size Guide

A JPC 2.0 under a shirt?  Well, there are slicker carriers for such use, but yes, if you don't hang a ton of stuff on it...and have a baggy enough shirt.  

But on a serious note, that is exactly what I did.  I compromised a bit on threat protection and went with U210 plates that are only a little more than half an inch thick in a JPC 2.0.  It's the same reason I went with a flat (and expandable) mag pouch on the chest:

https://i.imgur.com/5gSwhHi.jpg

I live in a suburban to urban area, so low profile is a priority for me.  Less of an issue if you live in a rural area.

I have Haley mag pouch inserts if the balloon goes up and low profile no longer has value.  I hope that's never the case, but hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
View Quote

Thank you!  90% of the time I'll likely be over the shirt, but for rallies and the like I'd prefer to be more low key.   I saw that you can use a single strap with this rig instead of the cumberbund.   I didn't know if I stripped it down and tossed a shirt over it if it would work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Because I'm 5"4' with a 36" chest and it fits me fine. Medium covers a wide range of body types.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Finally got all the components in for my carrier. This is my ideal setup. I was going for a more minimal approach for the placard/chest rig and decided to go with the HeadOn Tactical Mod3. It bares a resemblance to the Haley Micro but doesn't have the extensions coming off the sides and has a very thin admin pouch incorporated into the very back of the rig, with velcro closure. The entire rig is lined with loop.

The carrier is by Gear Dynamics, out of Canada. Their design is amazing. The cumberbund attachment points allow you to get the height of the back plate up high enough to be in the correct position, without bringing front plate up and choking you out every time you go to look down. Features stretch panels along the sides so the plates fit in there TIGHT. I'm running Ceradyne/Paraclete Lvl IV, USGI ESAPI SOF plates, size small. The carrier was custom made to fit those plates, with 3A backers.

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JRBilt:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495392/0E0C477A-0B39-4510-912D-73D83E6EF98E_jpe-1553065.JPG

2 is one, 1 is none. I received the daedons I ordered for myself and my wife earlier this week. Next on the list is rma 1155 plates and thinking of going with hsp d3crm chest rig to clip onto the pc’s. Not sure if I’ll do the same for the wife’s rig, or just get her an esstac front panel.
View Quote

For those that have this cobra buckle system, how and where do you attach your IFAK (and what IFAK are you using)? I'm trying to avoid using a dangler.

@slappomatt and others
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Not reading the first 101 pages...

Is there a carrier that allows you to move the height of the plate up/down no matter where the vest fits your body?

I have a TSG plate/carrier combo and the pocket for the plate is fixed, and rides about a full palm width lower than my collar bone no matter how I try to adjust the vest.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

Is there a carrier that allows you to move the height of the plate up/down no matter where the vest fits your body?

I have a TSG plate/carrier combo and the pocket for the plate is fixed, and rides about a full palm width lower than my collar bone no matter how I try to adjust the vest.
View Quote

Pretty much all of the other options....
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#32]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:06:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalahnikid] [#33]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

They shouldn't need to.

Looking at what you bought, there's a reason it costs as little as it does.

You don't want a plate carrier that adjusts where the plate rides. You want a plate carrier where the plate bag filled the contour of the plates and shoulder straps are seen as close as possible to the plate bags. Then you can adjust the shoulder straps for height and size.

Pretty much every real plate carrier follows this design. It's the reason my buddy dumped his 5.11; the straps attach to material which is attached to the plate bag.
View Quote

I understand what you're talking about, thank you very much for your help!
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:22:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ttac0] [#34]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

View Quote

I literally just posted a single post above yours that shows a carrier with that adjustment.

These are pics posted by the company, but this will give you an idea of plate placement. There is plenty of room on the back and front plate bags to make adjustments for the positioning the plates.

It's simple. Once you get it set, it's set.

Gear Dynamics has a great design...

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:56:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CapsFan:

For those that have this cobra buckle system, how and where do you attach your IFAK (and what IFAK are you using)? I'm trying to avoid using a dangler.

@slappomatt and others
View Quote
I run my pc slick with just a esstac triple rifle placard. All my crap is on the battle belt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#36]

@slappomatt and others
View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495392/0E0C477A-0B39-4510-912D-73D83E6EF98E_jpe-1553065.JPG

2 is one, 1 is none. I received the daedons I ordered for myself and my wife earlier this week. Next on the list is rma 1155 plates and thinking of going with hsp d3crm chest rig to clip onto the pc’s. Not sure if I’ll do the same for the wife’s rig, or just get her an esstac front panel.

@slappomatt and others

The Esstac IFAK has a belt slot on it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Tubes. Very nice.

https://i.imgur.com/Jc5wfEm.jpg?1
View Quote

I'm new to plate carriers, can someone tell me what the advantages are for tube kit cumberbunds?

Regards
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:37:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#38]
easier to put in on and very easy to take it off compared to a regular velcro flap sytle that come on lots of PC.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm thinking I need to get a new carrier. I've lost 50 lbs since I first got my stuff 12+ years ago. Back then I used large ESAPI plates, and I have multiple sets. After reading this thread, it looks like medium is more my current size at 5'9" 175 lbs.

I guess I'll try selling off some of what I have to fund the new stuff, but at this point I really have no clue what I want. I was eyeballing the Chase Tactical LOPC, but I'm open to any input from those who have kept up with the times unlike myself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

View All Quotes

@slappomatt and others

Yeah I was just fixing that error today on my belt.

Note the unneeded belt clips I attached.

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:

Anyway, swapping over from the old carrier which was black to the new one which is ranger green.  Replacing pouches...  went with an Esstac triple mag shingle for the front of the carrier.  My old carrier and pouches had attachments build into them.  I got a set of WTFix straps with the Esstac but they seem too short and like they'll be a pain in the ass to install.  What does everyone recommend for an attachment system?
View Quote

If you take out the kydex from the esstac pouches will make attaching the pouches so much easier. and yes, use needlenose pliers
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ttac0:
https://i.imgur.com/KaFotv0.jpg

Finally got all the components in for my carrier. This is my ideal setup. I was going for a more minimal approach for the placard/chest rig and decided to go with the HeadOn Tactical Mod3. It bares a resemblance to the Haley Micro but doesn't have the extensions coming off the sides and has a very thin admin pouch incorporated into the very back of the rig, with velcro closure. The entire rig is lined with loop.

The carrier is by Gear Dynamics, out of Canada. Their design is amazing. The cumberbund attachment points allow you to get the height of the back plate up high enough to be in the correct position, without bringing front plate up and choking you out every time you go to look down. Features stretch panels along the sides so the plates fit in there TIGHT. I'm running Ceradyne/Paraclete Lvl IV, USGI ESAPI SOF plates, size small. The carrier was custom made to fit those plates, with 3A backers.

View Quote

Where did you find the plate bags and cummerbund? It's not on their website.

@ttac0
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KingOfTheBumps] [#43]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

This. Honestly, how many manufactures are making polymer/plastic parts like this, especially being so use specific in the US? Not saying it might not happen, just saying for the small consumer base, how realistic is it?

*not defending my purchase of the less expensive parts, genuinely curious
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Originally Posted By optoisolator:

I'd say they are identical clips - you can see they look the same.  Heck I bet they came off of the same line in China that the other places are selling them for $100.  Do you believe that the clips are all made in the states?  I don't.  The molle parts are probably sewn here, but the plastic parts definitely are not.  Assembled locally with globally sourced parts.  Go ahead and pay $200 for something that you can get for far less that functions the same.

This. Honestly, how many manufactures are making polymer/plastic parts like this, especially being so use specific in the US? Not saying it might not happen, just saying for the small consumer base, how realistic is it?

*not defending my purchase of the less expensive parts, genuinely curious

All manufacturers that sell Berry Compliant gear get their buckles from an incredibly limited set of US based specialty plastics manufacturers (basically one big player and 2 smaller ones).  These buckles aren’t just made in the US, they are regularly tested to ensure they meet the military requirements for things like fire resistance, IR reflection (no reflection), correct “mix’ (I do know the technical term) of plastics for strength and durability.  All those little plastic parts - every single fucking one of them are manufactured here.

When you buy that cheap ABS knock off shit from China (“Krydex”) you are buy complete garbage buckles. You are also supporting Chinese patent theft of that buckle design, in this case from First Spear’s patented design. And amazon is the king of selling Chinese fakes and knockoff items.

I seriously hope you aren’t trusting your life to those buckles and only bought them for airsoft.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Esstac doesn't even have their pouches on their website, let alone in stock. I did find the HSGI blowout that can be mounted horizontally, which is what I might go with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Esstac doesn't even have their pouches on their website, let alone in stock. I did find the HSGI blowout that can be mounted horizontally, which is what I might go with.
View Quote

Not a bad choice at all
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Nutro:

Where did you find the plate bags and cummerbund? It's not on their website.

@ttac0
View Quote

Is listed in their workshop tab- need to email them to order as it’s not a stock product yet
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Whoring this pic out tonight.  Finally finished my Heavy setup.  LBT 6094 With MOS cummerbund and MOS 7.62 insert. MTEK Carbon-V Flux in MCBlack with ANVIS RNVGS
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I got a question for you guys.  The carriers that have the padding in them, what keeps that from soaking up sweat and stinking or soaking up rain water and stinking?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ar_mcadams:
I got a question for you guys.  The carriers that have the padding in them, what keeps that from soaking up sweat and stinking or soaking up rain water and stinking?
View Quote

Air...
and fabreeze.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm looking into plates to put over my IIIa soft armor. Plates that are sold in pairs.. Shooter cuts, do you use them front and back or do you prefer more coverage from a fuller cut plate in the back?
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top