Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone here run a medium ronin assaulter lite?

Trying to see if 10x12 spartan armor ar550 plates will fit it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You're right they aren't the most comfortable I've used but certainly one of the lightest. I initially had some rubbing on the traps muscle but after some adjusting it's a little better. Or I got used to it...I'm using gi bedroll for a pad
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sawlaw1:

Coyote hands down. Ranger green looks "funny" like a plastic army man and it looks weirder when you wear camo combat shirt and pants. Plus since I live in Texas lot more brown/tan then green.
View Quote
That's what I keep on hearing. I guess I'll go with coyote, then. I just want something that's more subdued.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A few years ago I was wanting a new plate carrier.  I really didn't want camo but a solid color.  I had a few small Esstac pouches laying around in MC, RG and CB.  I took them out side and took photos in various times of the day.  I live in Alabama.  It was around the end of August when stuff was still green but leaves were just starting to turn brown.  CB was the hardest to see laying in dirt.  RG was the hardest to see in grass, bamboo, evergreen, against tree bark (strangely) and hanging in various green vegetation.  CB was a close second (even in green areas).  The MC pouch was unused and not faded but still stuck out because it was lighter than almost everything.  My gear is for fun/training classes and some doubles for hiking/camping.  I am partial to RG because green is my favorite color and it matches my hiking/camping stuff anyways.  Even so I was still sort of torn because I also like CB.  I ended up getting RG base gear... plate carrier, belts and straps) with CB pouches, CB shoulder pads and tan buckles.  It all works and looks like outdoors to me.  With dirt all over it... it all looks the same :)
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Esstac Daeodon
Some stuff is unit SOP, but it is hell of a lot more comfortable than the iotv

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By r1013:
A few years ago I was wanting a new plate carrier.  I really didn't want camo but a solid color.  I had a few small Esstac pouches laying around in MC, RG and CB.  I took them out side and took photos in various times of the day.  I live in Alabama.  It was around the end of August when stuff was still green but leaves were just starting to turn brown.  CB was the hardest to see laying in dirt.  RG was the hardest to see in grass, bamboo, evergreen, against tree bark (strangely) and hanging in various green vegetation.  CB was a close second (even in green areas).  The MC pouch was unused and not faded but still stuck out because it was lighter than almost everything.  My gear is for fun/training classes and some doubles for hiking/camping.  I am partial to RG because green is my favorite color and it matches my hiking/camping stuff anyways.  Even so I was still sort of torn because I also like CB.  I ended up getting RG base gear... plate carrier, belts and straps) with CB pouches, CB shoulder pads and tan buckles.  It all works and looks like outdoors to me.  With dirt all over it... it all looks the same :)
View Quote
Thank you for the response. It's just a tough decision because I think they both have their strong pros.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Posted this in the post your gear thread but this seems a more appropriate place.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:53:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#11]
Banshee w/ Highcom level IV multi curve plates and Ceradyne Level IV side plates, HSGI shoulder pads
HSGI Suregrip w/ Tacos and G-Code XST on RTI Optimal Drop mount
Dark Angel D.A.R.K.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: loco_engineer] [#12]

Velocity Systems Scarab Light with a Mayflower Gen IV panel. LBT NVG pouch attached to the cummerbund. Still somewhat of a work in progress.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
There you go Homie!

chuck
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]

+1 for Ferro Concepts
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Got a great deal on a brand new CPC from another member, got it set up and broke it in with a stress shoot.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Augee:
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E7EF199B-01AC-462A-94F6-0D51379A43E9_zpsrkl1lhh9.jpg

Got a great deal on a brand new CPC from another member, got it set up and broke it in with a stress shoot.  

~Augee
View Quote
What's with the gas cap door on the hoopty?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
What's with the gas cap door on the hoopty?
View Quote
Apparently a common problem with these vehicles.  

Easy fix, just haven't gotten around to ordering the part.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Apparently a common problem with these vehicles.  

Easy fix, just haven't gotten around to ordering the part.  

~Augee
View Quote
So it just flew off?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
So it just flew off?
View Quote
Nah, the hinge is spot welded to the door assembly, and apparently they separate/break at the spot welds relatively frequently (I learned this when trying to see if I could fix it without having to buy parts).  Door stays in place when closed, but drooped when opened, I suppose if I'd let it go far enough, it might've eventually gotten to the point where it could have flown off, but I just removed the whole door assembly (just a couple bolts) pending replacement.

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E7EF199B-01AC-462A-94F6-0D51379A43E9_zpsrkl1lhh9.jpg

~Augee
View Quote
Glad to see it put to some good use!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By evil_nadman:

Glad to see it put to some good use!
View Quote
I'm pretty in love with it at the moment.  The real test will be South Carolina in July, though.    JPC will come just in case.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's my new work rig.  I wanted it to be scaleable for working out of vehicles and for when armor is needed but pouches are not.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Details:

Mayflower APC
ESAPI plates
First-spear retrofit Tubes cummerbund
Custom chest rig based around 4x Esstac KYWIs - swiftclip compatible
TT canteen/GP pouch
TT pistol mag pouch
TT hard case
Dark Angel IFAK
Camelbak MULE
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Paraclete SOHPC.  I picked up one of these on a whim, it was used, and used it for 2 weeks straight while teaching an intermediate carbine course at LeJeune.  This thing is the most comfortable PC I've ever worn. The 12 hour days didn't bother me a bit
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Who did you teach for two weeks?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1911xdm] [#25]
SKD pig pc with Pig hydration backpack.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
Here's my new work rig.  I wanted it to be scaleable for working out of vehicles and for when armor is needed but pouches are not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/cPHFYkg--2--211366.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/0DQ5Vdf--2--211368.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/0RDFNzk--2--211370.JPG

Details:

Mayflower APC
ESAPI plates
First-spear retrofit Tubes cummerbund
Custom chest rig based around 4x Esstac KYWIs - swiftclip compatible
TT canteen/GP pouch
TT pistol mag pouch
TT hard case
Dark Angel IFAK
Camelbak MULE
View Quote
Probably one of my favorite setups I have seen. I really need to get scaleable with my setup. I don't need everything I lug every time.

Now to find panels for my eagle set up
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:
SKD pig pc with Pig hydration backpack.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-4573-220057.JPG
View Quote
med or tq?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally got some plates for my carrier. Definitely a work in progress but happy so far.
LBT-6094C
-Front plate is an Armour Wear lvl III+ Multi-Curve XL SAPI that I just received today (super comfortable, the body side is even lightly padded)
-Back plate is an AR500 not-so-multi-curve Multi-Curve lvl III+ 11x14 that I so stupidly bought. It will be getting replaced by another Armour Wear plate.
-LBT Triple Mag pouch on the front
-Tactical Taylor(?) Double pistol mag pouch on my right side
-Condor(?) Flashlight pouch with Surefire G2X.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Does any rate the current British issue Osprey MK 4 system??
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sawlaw1] [#30]
The current Gen osprey is better than the IBA but not as good as the IOTV. The cummerbund does not ha e a flap, it's MOLLE all the way and splits in the middle rather than the American system, that makes it a little faster to don. It does not have a release, instead the shoulders are just Velcro and you can peel them off. That makes it much thicker on the shoulders than most PCs. The front is a very large MOLLE rectangle panel. I have used it with both the green UK military plates and SAPIs, either is good since they're boron carbide and polyethylene. I think they're made by Source. The Kevlar "fillers" are thick but are designed to have less BFD than American ones. They call it HG2 and the plates are rated RF2. Hand gun level 2 and rifle fire level 2. A hit from a .44 and 9mm SMG for HG2 an M2AP for RF2 BFD must be less than 25mm. Be careful where you buy them, there's lots of fake ones in the US floating around. If you really want that don't get it on eBay.  There's guy I know NOT me, who sells the UK military plates and U.K.made SAPIs which are cool. He has the same supplier I do. If you search UK SAPI plates on eBay you'll find him, pvpct is his eBay handlei think . The they're sized based on hight/chest size. I'm like 180cm/108 for a 5'9 guy with a chest under 40 inches.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys have some pretty awesome setups. I'd like to eventually make a more "involved" PC, with everything on it that I could possibly need. For now, all I want is something for home defense/classes that will offer some protection, and carry a few mags.

HSGI SPC Bravo, with a triple Taco shingle:

Attachment Attached File

I'm a fan.

G19 for good measure.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ZeBool:
You guys have some pretty awesome setups. I'd like to eventually make a more "involved" PC, with everything on it that I could possibly need. For now, all I want is something for home defense/classes that will offer some protection, and carry a few mags.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/IMG-2713-250704.JPG

I'm a fan.

G19 for good measure.
View Quote
Save your money. You'll buy all of that shit and come full circle and take it all back off in the name of weight and end up just about where you are now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:
Save your money. You'll buy all of that shit and come full circle and take it all back off in the name of weight and end up just about where you are now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZeBool:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/IMG-2713-250704.JPG

I'm a fan.

G19 for good measure.
Agreed.  I'm running a Pig Brig w/3 AR mags in Esstac Kywis on a molle panel.  I imagine it would be tough to streamline it much better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
So true!
I'm down to just the Mayflower Plate Hood/Pusher chest rig with the minimalist Tactical Back Panel, Still running special threat plates with backers, but the chest rig has gone away for the most part.

I still have a PC sitting around for when I need side armor, but that is the only reason that I still have it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#35]

View Quote
Yep. I've spent thousands and tried dozens of different things.

I always come back to this:

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Yep. I've spent thousands and tried dozens of different things.

I always come back to this:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/bobjonesar15/3dc653d2-34aa-4d54-b376-5e1193b5b288_zpsuhop40gi.jpg
View Quote
Yup. People should take note. All the stuff you need none of the shit you don't right here*

*obviously you may have specific mission driven needs that might change this. Still, weight is always your enemy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#37]

There's a plate carrier in there...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Im currently searching for a new carrier for an upcoming trip. Ive been using an SKD PIG for the past several deployments, looking for something with a modular front panel system.

Current setup.

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#39]
JPC 2.0
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wag_bag:
JPC 2.0
View Quote
Been looking at that, ive used the AVS but not the JPC, wondering if I carry too much shit for a JPC?  Crye is backordered forever for either one right now, they might not make it in time either way.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
Im currently searching for a new carrier for an upcoming trip. Ive been using an SKD PIG for the past several deployments, looking for something with a modular front panel system.

Current setup.

http://i.imgur.com/SqHtTdT.jpg
View Quote
Besides having a modular panel, what else do you want/need?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Mayflower apc
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Been looking at that, ive used the AVS but not the JPC, wondering if I carry too much shit for a JPC?  Crye is backordered forever for either one right now, they might not make it in time either way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wag_bag:
JPC 2.0
I used a PIG for 2 years, I love it. Recently got a Mayflower APC. It's good, can get quick release front panels for mags or use regular molle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
THIS!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Current setup.

View Quote
Nice beard.

Can you get some shots of the sides?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#46]

Current setup.

View Quote
Modular you say? You already have Kywi's

Esstac Daeodon
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Nice beard.

Can you get some shots of the sides?
View Quote
This is what I got.

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#48]

This is what I got.

http://i.imgur.com/8v7Tdjd.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Velocity Scarab with Mayflower Gen IV chest rig/panel
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here's my two rigs I usually use.  Nothing special.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top