Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2011 9:06:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
So as for the 3200 of space it's advertised of having, does it actually look like it has enough usable space for a '3-day pack'? Do you think the waist strap pockets with the webbing will be useful for items that need to be accessed quickly? And last but not least, the back padding; thick or thin? And how is the 'back support' or 'frame' of the back of the pack in your opinion?

ETA: I italicized this because you briefly answered this, i know, but if you would like to add anymore specifics that would be great.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome! Will be grabbing one in OD green, mind telling us what color you got and how it compares to other manufacturers versions of that color?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
How much does it weigh empty?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
but it's got zippers, raf.... and you HATE zippers....
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
suspension? adjustable points and all that fancy backpacking mumbo jumbo you know i like to ask
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Im in Canada at the moment and apparently my country cant view this website.... the website won't allow canada to view it...

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine in coyote is on the brown truck for delivery tomorrow.  Nice review and upgrade ideas.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
but it's got zippers, raf.... and you HATE zippers....

I knew someone would mention this.......... LOL!

Call it an experiment, with a back-up plan.

I avoid, without exception, zippers that have no auxiliary provision for securing the pouch/compartment.  Note both the compression straps on the main compt of the pack, and the MOLLE panels on the dorsal side of the pack on both upper and lower dorsal pouches.  It will be a simple thing to tie-in auxiliary  side-and top-mounted QD-fastened straps to both of the pouches, as well as a similar top-mounted strap on the main compartment, each being seperate.  I still loathe zippers, but such things can be overcome with a little forethought.  Assuming failure of any or all zippers, inexpensive QD straps can be easily installed to compensate.  I actually did think about this prior to buying the pack, and since I came up with a practical, low cost solution, I bought the thing.  At least the main compt has a flapped zipper; I wouldn't put anything in any pack that wasn't waterproofed, unless it was invulnerable to water.

BTW neither the pack, nor any of the compts have drain grommets; an omission that is easy to fix.

Protus:  kifaru and multicam
Raf: zippers

I consider it my personal mission in life to pick at the scabs of others...

It actually looks like a nice bag, but at the moment I need another bag like Rosie O'Donnell needs a double cheeseburger.  How good/robust are the compression straps?   Is the bottom reinforced (the one and only complaint I have with my Kelty MAP, btw)?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Add a Woodland Molle Sustainment Pouch on the lower sides to expand your total carry capacity.  I can fit my Polartec Bibs, SPEAR Top, Neck Gaitor, Fleece Scarf and Seal Skins in a single Sustainment Pouch
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

suspension? adjustable points and all that fancy backpacking mumbo jumbo you know i like to ask

Protus, you are one of the folks that are qualified to ask pointed questions, Ask me a question, and i"ll answer.

give us a run down of.

frame sheet or stays? If so what is it made out of and how much adjustment.

adjustable shoulder straps ( not just at the elbow level like most packs)

load lifters? on the shoulder straps and hip belt?

is the belt removable?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine comes in today in OD Green, will post up some pics of the loadout, etc possibly tonight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I LOVE THIS PACK!!! It's amazing for the price. My cheapo LAPG bag is NO COMPARISON!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I LOVE THIS PACK!!! It's amazing for the price. My cheapo LAPG bag is NO COMPARISON!
http://citythis.com/pics/sds-bob.jpg

Thanks for the pix; nice to show a comparison with the LAPG pack.  Being OD, yours has the "Brickhouse" fabric, correct?

For $85, these packs are a no-brainer.

Yes the fabrick is "Brickhouse". It is not as thick as cordura but not as thin as nylon, weird to explain. The strap/back padding is thinner than I expected, but the way it's designed makes it very comfortable.

I'm 5'9 and I had to tighten the shoulder straps all the way down almost for it to fit right on my back, but with the waist belt attached, ALL the stuff you see in the photo fits COMFORTABLY.

Also, the black pack in the photos is not the LAPG pack; it's my USMC issue compression sack for wool/sleeping bag/tent roll-up.

This is the LAPG bag: http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exacty!  I wanted to post a more complete review but haven't had time.  The brickhouse is interesting, almost make it less tactical looking.  The coyote is a good color, not close to my TT coyote gear, but at this point I don't see a need to add pouches.  The "padding" is interesting, not sure how the nylon bubblewrap will hold up after repeated wear but only one way to find out.

Have either of you decided what to put in the thin pocket behind the front pockets?    

MattyV.  I do the same thing with two chem sticks.  Looks like a good setup.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exacty!  I wanted to post a more complete review but haven't had time.  The brickhouse is interesting, almost make it less tactical looking.  The coyote is a good color, not close to my TT coyote gear, but at this point I don't see a need to add pouches.  The "padding" is interesting, not sure how the nylon bubblewrap will hold up after repeated wear but only one way to find out.

Have either of you decided what to put in the thin pocket behind the front pockets?    

MattyV.  I do the same thing with two chem sticks.  Looks like a good setup.  

If you notice in the pic of what's in the bag; towards the top and right you can see en entrenchment tool and a 5" fixed blade knife next to the tomahawk (Which didnt go in there). I placed both of those in that 'snap pocket' behind the front pocket. You can kind of see the top of the handle of the entrenchment tool in the filled pack pictures.

The only problem I see with the pack, is with that pocket. There are no drain rivets or drain holes, so if that pocket is full or open and it rains, it seems like it would fill with water...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Is the waist belt removable?  I am looking to buy an SDS engage and remove the waistbelt and use it as a city/day pack and buy a conflict for work use
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the waist belt removable? I am looking to buy an SDS engage and remove the waistbelt and use it as a city/day pack and buy a conflict for work use

The Conflict's waistbelt is not removeable. It is a true waistbelt, and will carry most of the weight of the pack. It is not a belly band, which serves only to help keep the pack from flopping around, but which can carry no appreciable weight.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered a Conflict and Engage.  Im looking forward to getting these in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Three questions...does it have a hydration port and pocket for camelbacks etc. and are the shoulder straps padded comfortably and is it comfortable under 40 pound loads? Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three questions...does it have a hydration port and pocket for camelbacks etc. and are the shoulder straps padded comfortably and is it comfortable under 40 pound loads? Thanks.

The location and size of the hyd bladder pocket is in review.  No ports, per se, the hose exits the pocket on either side of the snapped flap, which is actually preferable, as there is less liklihood of water ingress into the pack.  The shoulder straps and padding are discussed in review.

Weather has prohibited anything but the briefest field trials, but under 40# should not be a problem.  The pack might prove capable of carrying more weight than that, stand by for possible updates as conditions allow.

I am sorry must of missed it Thabks for responding to a retarted post then

Link Posted: 2/10/2011 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the waist belt removable? I am looking to buy an SDS engage and remove the waistbelt and use it as a city/day pack and buy a conflict for work use

The Conflict's waistbelt is not removeable. It is a true waistbelt, and will carry most of the weight of the pack. It is not a belly band, which serves only to help keep the pack from flopping around, but which can carry no appreciable weight.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered a Conflict and Engage. Im looking forward to getting these in a couple weeks.

Feel free to post your impressions of either or both here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=337516&page=1 Thats my impression of the Engage...and yea I did cut the belt off

I havent even take the tag off of my conflict yet, its been sitting in the closet for over a week.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#37]
No raf...

no

no

no

No matter how many pics you post I will not buy another pack.

you can't make me
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top