Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2010 3:52:19 PM EDT
Anyone seen one of these first hand yet?  They don't look too bad to maybe have as a spare rig for someone else or just a backup for yourself to keep in your vehicle or something for that price.

Just curious, from what I've seen Maxpedition gear holds up pretty well.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Mini-Tactical-Chest-Rig-62p1457.htm
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw that earlier today on their website. It looks nice, but I think I'll stick with other companies for chest rigs. Besides, I need to diversify my gear and not just buy Maxpedition stuff.
Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
yup  I've seen the maxpeditionized version @ SHOT this year, and another pre-production version in my basement, I sent one to Maxpedition for them to make and kept the other for a vehicle rig.

Yes, this was designed for the civvy market in mind with the goal being to minimize the rig to a half load.  Looking at the big picture now and 15 years in the past, I saw no demonstrable case for a civilian user to carry more than 3 + 1 AR mags on a base platform.  If you have found yourself in a situation where you needed more than the base load, then I'll submit that you took a "wrong turn"

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I was saying, in my experience Maxpedition stuff holds up great and is well built.  So a nice quality mini rig like this for that price seemed really nice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's basically a mini MAV with 3 permanent pouches?

The only up side I see is the price.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Looks like there are an additional couple of rows of molle webbing(?)

I dunno, figure a mini Mav is $40, $25 for a 3 mag pouch, seems like you are giving up flexibility to save $7.  But I guess if you want a rig that already has 3 open top pouches on it then it would be good to go.

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

nope

its different item, it is a mini tactical chest rig, NOT a mini MAV,

don't confuse the masses more than they are
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yup  I've seen the maxpeditionized version @ SHOT this year, and another pre-production version in my basement, I sent one to Maxpedition for them to make and kept the other for a vehicle rig.

Yes, this was designed for the civvy market in mind with the goal being to minimize the rig to a half load.  Looking at the big picture now and 15 years in the past, I saw no demonstrable case for a civilian user to carry more than 3 + 1 AR mags on a base platform.  If you have found yourself in a situation where you needed more than the base load, then I'll submit that you took a "wrong turn"

+1 regarding the "wrong turn" notion.

So I guess the Monkey Stomper is too much with all of its pistol mags?
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Pics posted via TinyPic

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]
5'10" and 210?

Sounds like someone needs more exercise.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 regarding the "wrong turn" notion.

So I guess the Monkey Stomper is too much with all of its pistol mags?

nah dude... rock out with your Monkey out!  
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the reason for the stacked pals webing?

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

to satisfy that urge by some to stack more shtuff on a low profile rig
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm wondering if standard Mil-Surp AK-47 30rd Steel magazines will fit. I'm looking for an affordable modernized version of the ChiCom Chest Rig.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Looks Tactical?

Allows a little more flexibility in pouch placement...

Kinda like the staggered Webbing on the top front of the USMC MTV/SPC...

CXS

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if standard Mil-Surp AK-47 30rd Steel magazines will fit. I'm looking for an affordable modernized version of the ChiCom Chest Rig.

For a rig designed for ARs I cannot guarantee that AK 762 mags will fit
theres better luck in 545 though, but again, not meant to support AK platform
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a rig designed for ARs I cannot guarantee that AK 762 mags will fit
theres better luck in 545 though, but again, not meant to support AK platform

eggrolly- email sent.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey uh I have a question.   Is the guy wearing the rig in the above picture the same Chinese guy the built it?...........in China?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top