Page / 161
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By danpass:
Semi-minimalist chest rig.
View Quote
I dig it. Very well thought out setup.

Ditched the Dark Angel Medical D.A.R.K. Gen 3 for a TYR Tactical Intermediate Lower Back Medical Pouch.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ66TEXAS] [#2]
From the curve up to the seam is 5.5in.  I would say usable is 5.25in.  Easily accommodating the 'typical' folding convenience store roadmap.

Both ends open up, from the inside seam of each velcro is 11in (total width, edge-to-edge, is 13in)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AJ66TEXAS:

This looks perfect! Do you have the measurements on the map pocket in the fourth picture?
From the curve up to the seam is 5.5in.  I would say usable is 5.25in.  Easily accommodating the 'typical' folding convenience store roadmap.

Both ends open up, from the inside seam of each velcro is 11in (total width, edge-to-edge, is 13in)
This is great. I have a 5.5x11" soft armor panel that will slip right in. Now I just have to see if the harness will cinch up to ride high enough to cover vitals. I know it's not a perfect solution, I have a plate carrier but I really like the idea of something this light for hiking and this fits the bill to a T.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
It's good, but that is still a really long time. 8-9 months is quite awhile.
View Quote
This really is gonna be a long, long wait. 
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AJ66TEXAS:

This is great. I have a 5.5x11" soft armor panel that will slip right in. Now I just have to see if the harness will cinch up to ride high enough to cover vitals. I know it's not a perfect solution, I have a plate carrier but I really like the idea of something this light for hiking and this fits the bill to a T.
View Quote
It is 5.5in when perfectly flat.  I suppose it will depend on the thickness of the armor
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#5]
Issued work PC.  LBT 6094A.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294984/IMG-1092-179830.JPG
View Quote
I wish we'd been issued LBT's. We just got the High Ground Gear APC which is still nice, but not quite in the same league. Need to ditch this fugly and useless ABU pattern though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By QuickReactions:
I wish we'd been issued LBT's. We just got the High Ground Gear APC which is still nice, but not quite in the same league. Need to ditch this fugly and useless ABU pattern though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QuickReactions:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294984/IMG-1092-179830.JPG
I was shocked when they handed me the LBT down at supply.  . I'm used to my unit buying crappy gear.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I like it.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]

I was shocked when they handed me the LBT down at supply.  . I'm used to my unit buying crappy gear.
View Quote
Our SF guys all wear LBT carriers too. Apparently it's the only place left to get a decent carrier in ABU.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QuickReactions] [#11]
Originally Posted By kteaton:
Our SF guys all wear LBT carriers too. Apparently it's the only place left to get a decent carrier in ABU.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kteaton:

Getting issued shit seems to be the norm across our world. Our rifles still don't have BFG slings (mine does because I bought one). As for carriers, there are a couple of companies like LBT, High Ground Gear and T3, but I really wish one of them would sell ABU gear commercially so that the poor sods at bases still using IOTV's could get something for themselves. Gen Tullos (Top Cop) said that she's trying to get the entire career field into the Army's new Scorpion uniform, so one can hope.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilkyJohnson] [#12]
EGL

Woodland for black tie events

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
EGL

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2813/33550592190_01f4eb36aa_o.jpg
View Quote
So slick...
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]
EGL

View Quote
That's Hot!

And dig the patch, looks just like the one I got
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#15]
Airlite + AVS pouch w/ adapter + ultra-light special threat plates
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By esstac-:

That's Hot!

And dig the patch, looks just like the one I got
View Quote
That patch is the raddest.  And Derek is the homie!  One of the best men I know.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#17]
EGL

View Quote
Cannot WAIT to get my rig.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
http://i.imgur.com/g27BbFP.jpg
View Quote
I'm curious, are you running soft armor under the plates, or just the special threat plates?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sawlaw1:

I'm curious, are you running soft armor under the plates, or just the special threat plates?
View Quote
Just the special threat, they are stand alone plates.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

As someone who does a lot of messing around with armor if those are just the level IIIa PE plates I'd recommend wearing some kind of backers weather soft armor or non ballistic backer. BFS/D on those plates can be right at the maximum allowable. Since they're only pistol rated if that's all you're looking for a soft armor panel would be more comfortable as well. They make spike guards top that are soft.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
http://i.imgur.com/g27BbFP.jpg
View Quote
Please consider running the top of your plate at the bottom of your sternal notch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
EGL

View Quote
Total sweetness that is shit hot!
Cp
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#23]

As someone who does a lot of messing around with armor if those are just the level IIIa PE plates I'd recommend wearing some kind of backers weather soft armor or non ballistic backer. BFS/D on those plates can be right at the maximum allowable. Since they're only pistol rated if that's all you're looking for a soft armor panel would be more comfortable as well. They make spike guards top that are soft.
View All Quotes

The plates are Velocity rifle rated(multi-hit BZ) for M855/A1 and API-BZ and mild steel core 7.62x39. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some soft armor behind it.

Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
Please consider running the top of your plate at the bottom of your sternal notch.
Thanks, it's about an inch under. I think I did have it right at the bottom of the notch but couldn't fit my head through the opening. Melon head problems
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]
EGL

View Quote
Daamn... yeah that woodland is tits. I've kicked around the idea of doing a full woodland setup, but finding a woodland plate carrier is kind of rare. That is.... unless a certain Wa. based gear maker would be willing to accommodate us M81 nerds.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#25]

The plates are Velocity rifle rated(multi-hit BZ) for M855/A1 and API-BZ and mild steel core 7.62x39. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some soft armor behind it.
View Quote
I'm sorry, velocity systems really shouldn't do what they do to their customers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#26]

I'm sorry, velocity systems really shouldn't do what they do to their customers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:40:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#27]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:48:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FedDC] [#28]
"........
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jimmybp:

Daamn... yeah that woodland is tits. I've kicked around the idea of doing a full woodland setup, but finding a woodland plate carrier is kind of rare. That is.... unless a certain Wa. based gear maker would be willing to accommodate us M81 nerds.....
View Quote
I have an M81 6094 ;)
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

I had the chance to test one of those VS plates, I figured it would stop .308, even if it wasn't level III it would stop it. It did, but the BFS was over 35mm on the first shot. I understand that it's a very lightweight armor, but I have seen other plates at or below that weight made out of B4C/PE composite that are level III or even RF1, UK standard similar to III but BFD for six hits of .308 must be less than 25mm. They don't post the specs of their testing procedures which seems shady as hell to me. An example would be that 24 layers of Kevlar will stop a .44 mag, but the BFS is too much for it to be rated IIIA, however the company making it goes out and says "it can stop a .44 mag" leaving out the potentially lethal BFS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Which plates are as light and thin and stop the same thing? I can't think of any except ATs which I'm pretty sure are the same thing.

I've seen test VS plates and shot various plates of thiers myself and they stopped exactly what they said they stopped or more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

I had the chance to test one of those VS plates, I figured it would stop .308, even if it wasn't level III it would stop it. It did, but the BFS was over 35mm on the first shot. I understand that it's a very lightweight armor, but I have seen other plates at or below that weight made out of B4C/PE composite that are level III or even RF1,.
Which plates are as light and thin and stop the same thing? I can't think of any except ATs which I'm pretty sure are the same thing.

I've seen test VS plates and shot various plates of thiers myself and they stopped exactly what they said they stopped or more.
http://www.aegis-eng.com/ballistic-plates.html this is a company that supplies a lot of UK police departments, I buy police surplus lots. The level III++ ceramic is sub 4 lbs both III and RF1 ICW and 400 Pounds, $500, each from the factory. They make good stuff. I also like Cooneen, formerly HAWK, as well as Bristoll armor. All good, lightweight stuff for less than a grand per plate.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#33]
ETA
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Crye JPC with Tactical Tailor "LAP"
Ops-Core Ballistic with TYR cover
AVS-6(v)3 NVDs

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#35]
My rigs,

Custom Litelok PC the cummerbunds hold an AR or AK mag like the WAS CPC

JPC ten speed pouch on the left, Glock knife and gloves clip on the right

Current main use chest rig, BFG ten speed M4. Left to right HSGI bleeder, built in pouches, double pistol pouch of unknown origin.

Looks Like I need two posts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Truck gun rig, GGG minimalist HSGI bleeder with Tactical tailor knife pouch holding a CAT TQ, Shorty KYWI pouches, Shorty rifle KYWI with double pistol inserts

Mayflower MBAV APC with my old chest rig on it. Custom made out of liteLok

BFG Beltminus, new style. BFG ten speed double pistol, BFG ten speed M4, Custom dump pouch, HSGI taco. The guy who made all my Litelok gear is making a small of back medkit for me now.

Old HSGI belts, The multicam one has some litelok Kydex pouches, and the tan has some TACO copies.

The plates that go in them, ya'll figure I've got enough?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my Haley Strategic Flatpack Plus.  Really happy with it so far.  Only used it to hang up a game camera and carry a camelbak walking the dog so far but it's just what I wanted.  My initial reaction was - if this is the Plus, I'm glad I didn't get the original.  It's still small but it's a useable size, I wouldn't want it any smaller.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Truck gun rig, GGG minimalist HSGI bleeder with Tactical tailor knife pouch holding a CAT TQ, Shorty KYWI pouches, Shorty rifle KYWI with double pistol inserts

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/sawlaw/WP_20170417_23_11_02_Pro_zpsllyjh9pb.jpg

Mayflower MBAV APC with my old chest rig on it. Custom made out of liteLok

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/sawlaw/WP_20170417_23_19_29_Pro_zpsgsqnmg2x.jpg

BFG Beltminus, new style. BFG ten speed double pistol, BFG ten speed M4, Custom dump pouch, HSGI taco. The guy who made all my Litelok gear is making a small of back medkit for me now.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/sawlaw/WP_20170417_23_23_32_Pro_zpsfpe2whid.jpg

Old HSGI belts, The multicam one has some litelok Kydex pouches, and the tan has some TACO copies.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/sawlaw/WP_20170414_13_05_53_Pro_zpsthtvxisg.jpg

The plates that go in them, ya'll figure I've got enough?
View Quote
Nice post
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

Ditched the Dark Angel Medical D.A.R.K. Gen 3 for a TYR Tactical Intermediate Lower Back Medical Pouch.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2937/33740680135_97543319e1_c.jpg
View Quote
Playing around with the Eleven10 Gear Rigid TQ case again, and added a Tactical Tailor 1H pouch for snacks and my ipad

So long as I'm not doing vehicle work, the Tyr Tactical med pouch is fine, but it's way too bulky for anyone that is in a vehicle all day.

Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Love those Spiritus System rigs!
Here's my contribution:
(Active Duty 11B that is lucky enough to be in a unit that allows plate carriers, just so long as they fit our plates and all required gear is accessible)
Crye JPC
Tac Tailor 3 mag on top of the built in crye 3 mag
ATS tactical Large GP Pouch- holds my PSQ20A's and mount when not in use, wrapped up in a fleece cap
HSGI Mini radio pouch- depends what I'm doing, usually holds small binos or chem lights/markings/batteries/multi-tool
Coyote Tactical Solutions STOMP (Slim tear off medical pouch)- newest piece of gear and I'm loving it. Holds all of my necessary IFAK items (NCD/combat gauze/tape not pictured) and can be removed for use. I don't have to worry about it falling off or getting snagged, same goes for the attached TQ.
Rifle is a cmmg in sniper grey with vortex sparc AR, BFG padded sling, BCM grip, and a Streamlight Rail Mount 2
Comms are Comtacs, 9/10 plugged into a 152
Now to find my radio pouch and bladder carrier...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Remington_Andrews] [#43]
Alright, Ive been following this thread for couple months now, seeing what ideas people had, what to avoid, what to do right, etc, and I think I've come up with a kit worthy of being posted on here, so let me know what you all think!

I guess we will start from the top and work our way down. So startingwith the helmet, it's just an ACH I cut the side covers off of to fit the rails and some Peltor Comtacs underneath, without paying a ton for an ops core helmet. Additionally, there is a retrofitted Norotos Rhino Mount on it with a Bushnell Equinox Z Digital Monocular to use as night vision. It's a little heavy, but gets the job done.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Remington_Andrews] [#44]

Next comes the body armor itself, which is a Crye JPC with AR500 Swimmer Cut Level III plates in it, as well as Level III side plates.

Theres the front of it (and my feet). I didnt want to place a lot on the chest because that gets really uncomfortable when you are in the prone for more than an hour or so. CAT Gen7 on the chest as well, and a few pens, pencils, etc in the admin pouch up front. and yes, I did weave my sling through the shoulder pads and clip it under my hydration carrier. actually helps to lift some of the weight off your back by pulling it up from the downward pull of the rifle. Also, HSGI shoulder pads. SUPER comfortable and dont ever slip.

Next is my personally set up back panel. it consists of an SKD PIG 2L Hydration carrier with a Tactical Tailor 1H pouch on top (contains, batteries, chemlights, throat mic, etc) , and a 200 round SAW pouch on the bottom (has protien bars and beverage powders for a 48 hour supply). I took some shock cord and barrel clamps on the sides to pull everything taught so there is no flopping around of empty pouches, and keeps the whole thing nice and slick too.

Here's my left side. Has two Tactical Tailor double M4 pouches, which usually sit empty unless I need the extra mags. Additionally there is MY IFAK (a Tactical Tailor Universal mag pouch) which has shears, tape, Israeli Bandage, and Quick Clot, all for me to patch myself up with.

My right side sits nice and empty for the most part. Just a Tactical Tailor Hard Case 85 for Eyepro and a USMC Flashbang pouch for my radio (you can see the cords running along the side)
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Remington_Andrews] [#45]

Next comes the War Belt. Just an Eagle Industries Padded Operator belt I've been using for while now.

Here's the left side. I'm right handed so all my mags are either centered or on my left side. Got my Mechanix Mpacts on there (best gloves ive ever tried) about 30m of 550 cord in a TT Flashbang bouch, a TT triple mag shingle with two pistol mag pouches on the outside of it, a TT multitool pouch for my Gerber, and another TT Flashbang pouch for my 20 round mag. I keep a 20 rounder for prone. A lot easier to aim with a bipod.

Next on my right is my Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit NOW pouch. Fantastic aid pouch. I keep everything I will use on anyone else who isnt me in there. Extra shears, chest needles, quick clot, tape, two Israeli's, an extra tourniquet, etc. Next is my S&W M&P9. I have it in a cheap Condor holster for now, which works well enough, but im learning how to do kydex molding and will hopefully have something a little better here soon. Then furthest out is another TT flashbang pouch with a compass and headlamp. two essentials for any kit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Remington_Andrews] [#46]

Here are some of the rifles (and a shotgun) I use with this kit. From the top is a Remington 700 in .308 with the Magpul stock and mag conversion kit, and a Burris 4-14x scope on top. Next is my Colt LE6920 with a Vortex Strikefire II. After that is my DPMS Oracle .308 with a Bushnell AR 223 1-4x scope on top. Last is my Remington 870 with a Barska red dot on top.

To top it all off here is a look at how it all fits together on me. (I know the back is a bit different in these pictures. I just redid it recently) Let me know what you all think and I am completely open to any suggestions!
(clothing is Massif Combat shirt and pants, and Garmont T8 NFS boots)

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#47]
None of your pictures are showing for me
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#48]
Remington Andrews, please turn your links into photos.

Get the link where it has no background and just the photo, then put a [ followed with no spaces an I and an M and a G and then a ] in front of the link (with no spaces when the www starts either) so five characters total. Then put a [ followed by a / then a I and a M and a G and a ] all with no spaces at the end of the link (with no spaces after the link itself either) so a total of 6 characters. Your photos will appear on the pages here, instead of links that no one will be dedicated enough to view.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I did go through and put them all in that format, however they still did not work, but I am fairly certain it is because of my post count. When browsing through some of the forums about how to post photos I came across an admin say this

"Just about every picture you guys have posted is showing up just fine. The reason you are not seeing them, is do to your low post count. All images posted by members with 50 or less post need to be approved by a Team Member or above. Once they are approved, they should show up for you just fine, but they are showing up fine for the rest of us."

So im thinking I just need to get my post count up or wait until an admin approves them. Thanks for the help though!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Remington_Andrews:
I did go through and put them all in that format, however they still did not work, but I am fairly certain it is because of my post count. When browsing through some of the forums about how to post photos I came across an admin say this

"Just about every picture you guys have posted is showing up just fine. The reason you are not seeing them, is do to your low post count. All images posted by members with 50 or less post need to be approved by a Team Member or above. Once they are approved, they should show up for you just fine, but they are showing up fine for the rest of us."

So im thinking I just need to get my post count up or wait until an admin approves them. Thanks for the help though!
View Quote
I can see them just fine. But you are correct their is a period where team members need to approve. I voted to approve them all (not sure how many approve votes you need). Nice stuff BTW!
Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top