Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 10/24/2009 2:37:10 AM
Can someone please tell me who makes the best plate carrier on the market. Some im looking at are Eagle, Blackhawk and blackwater. Any info and pics would be great.
slanky
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 3:02:52 AM
I have a Tactical Tailor releasable that I like. Probably most will say Eagle is the best. I have Eagle stuff that is very nice, just not their plate carrier.
NRA Lifer, XD enthusiast and AR-aholic
joker581
Cowboy Elvis
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 6:23:03 AM
Definitely Eagle out of the three choices you listed.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.
MajorAR
Currently deployed till May 2010
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 7:29:37 AM
That's like asking who makes the best car!

There are lots of mom and pop shops out there....but I haven't seen anyone that beats Eagle in anything.

Maj
I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes; If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all. - US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leader
Custom-X_Sponjah
What the hell is a Custom-X Sponjah?
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:57:38 PM
As far as stand alone carriers go, the Eagle PC is nice. Paraclete, Tactical Tailor, and DBT also have nice stand alone carriers.
If you want to run a PC over soft armor though there are gonna be different options.

CXS

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
FREE SC-Texas!!!!

"You're like a giant cock blocking robot, like developed in a secret fucking government lab."
shrapmagnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 3:52:58 PM
I prefer the paraclete, with eagle being a close second
NCPatrolAR
Enforcer for Da Man
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 6:52:47 PM
There is no such thing as "best" when it comes to plate carriers. As already mentioned everyone likes somethign different. I started with a Blackhawk STRIKE carrier, then went to a HSGI Wastach, then a Weestach, then an Eagle PC w/ cummerbund, and have finally setteled on a Paraclete HPC. LIke everythign else, your gear will like evolve the more you use it and discover what you actually need and dont need.
Interested in quality firearm and self defense training? Check us out at www.defensiveconceptsnc.com
cobra-ak
Fan of the Krinkov
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 7:10:08 PM
Get a Blackwater, they are discontinued but still have some on Ebay
The OJ not walk
OJ ain't walkin', no not
The Juice is sittin', sittin' Juice
Sittin' and the pulp be settlin'
Sittin' settlin' Juice
Juice
K1rodeoboater
I'm so angry I shit kittens
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:13:32 PM

Originally Posted By cobra-ak:
Get a Blackwater, they are discontinued but still have some on Ebay

I have one and I'll be honest....I kinda wished I had just put the money towards something else. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad piece of kit but it just doesn't fit me right. The cummerbund on it helps greatly but it does eat up a good bit of MOLLE space, and becasue of my torso length the MOLLE by my sides is virtually unusable because it's practically up to my armpit.
Thank you to whoever bought me a team membership 14MAY2009
rlp511
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:34:13 PM
Can anyone tell me of the Eagle PC with cummerbund L/XL size will take medium sapi plates? I am 5'10'' 200lbs I would like to get the medium but im scared it will be to small with winter gear on.

chwi548
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:41:29 PM
This post is like the question "What handgun should I buy?" It all depends on your needs, plate size, budget, etc. Some will fit your body different, some have different methods of release. There is no "Best".There are several good brands and models within those brands. You get what you pay for.
NCPatrolAR
Enforcer for Da Man
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:26:19 PM
Originally Posted By rlp511:
Can anyone tell me of the Eagle PC with cummerbund L/XL size will take medium sapi plates? I am 5'10'' 200lbs I would like to get the medium but im scared it will be to small with winter gear on.

The carrier is based on the size of the plate you use. If you are running 10x12 plates get the medium carrier.
Interested in quality firearm and self defense training? Check us out at www.defensiveconceptsnc.com
Russkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:55:57 PM
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:

If you want to run a PC over soft armor though there are gonna be different options.

CXS

what might those be?
Custom-X_Sponjah
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:37:54 PM

Originally Posted By Russkie:

CXS

what might those be?
Simple Plate Carriers Like the TT MPC, the HSGI Woosatch which was designed to wear over soft armor....
This is just my personal opinion..
If I'm wearing Concealed Armor already, I don't want to don a PC with Cummerbund..

CXS

FREE SC-Texas!!!!

"You're like a giant cock blocking robot, like developed in a secret fucking government lab."
PATRIOT-IA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:34:05 AM
I have been running a HSGI Weesatch for 4 years with no complaints. The Woosatch is also a very good buy.
Epyon
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:36:04 PM
Originally Posted By rlp511:
Can someone please tell me who makes the best plate carrier on the market. Some im looking at are Eagle, Blackhawk and blackwater. Any info and pics would be great.

The Blackwater is discontinued. Eagle is nice, but I found that the Cummerbund on them isn't useful at holding "essential" items, as I had to bend my hand at awkward angles to access the stuff on it. If you are thinking Eagle, you should look into these: http://www.skdtac.com/PIG_Plate_Carrier_p/pig.501.htm They're made by Eagle for SKD, but they're basically just an evolution of the Eagle PC. Blackhawk's is ok as well.

DBT stuff is pretty amazing for that they charge.
rlp511
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:42:58 AM
After many hours and reviews I think I am going to go with the DBT Gen 2 fast attack plate carrier. Its not to big and bulky and I can keep it in the front seat of the squad. I will just don it over my regular soft armor for active shooter scenerios. I work in a town where the shootings seem to be occuring on a weekly basis and I need something thats fast. I hope im making the right decesion.
Jonny_Flashbang
Another friendly JBT.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:48:01 AM
Originally Posted By shrapmagnet:
I prefer the paraclete, with eagle being a close second

This

Team Membership thanks to Savage_Winchester.
MajorAR
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:54:32 PM
We just got the Scalable Plate Carriers issued when we got over here. Made by Eagle of course. Great piece of kit. I'll post pics when my dang camera arrives.

Maj
I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes; If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all. - US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leader
USAFJam32
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/29/2009 6:55:23 AM
What about for Low Vis PC or just a PC with no molle attatchments? My tactical Tailor PC works fine by itself, but i dont like how my MAV or Riflemans Rig fits over it.
Custom-X_Sponjah
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:26:04 PM

Originally Posted By MajorAR:
We just got the Scalable Plate Carriers issued when we got over here. Made by Eagle of course. Great piece of kit. I'll post pics when my dang camera arrives.

Maj

What about a blurry pic of a SPC using the MTV Cummerbund????

CXS
FREE SC-Texas!!!!

MajorAR
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 1:25:58 AM
CS....

That is in fact how I'm running my SPC. I took my MTV c-bund and attached it to my carrier. The advantage is the fact that the side plates are now "internal" to the C-bund vice hangin on the outside like "wings" so to speak. Again, I'll work some pics....maybe send them direct to you since my connectivity is so limited? What is your email?
KJB
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:22:34 AM

Originally Posted By MajorAR:

Maj

What about a blurry pic of a SPC using the MTV Cummerbund????

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/IMG00401-20091028-1326.jpg

CXS

I like it!
"Any moron can obtain weapons, but what he does with these weapons is the factor which will determine the sucess or failure of a particular operation" -William Powell
gen1runner
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:51:49 PM
I like it 2,wonder how it would be with the Spartan c/bun since the s-sapi pouches in that are a little lower profile.
WiseguyThreeOne
Former Paid Colt Carrier
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:05:06 PM
The very best is probably Mayflower Research and Consulting.

Best one you can (maybe) find is the Paraclete SOHPC, but wait a bit. Grey Group Training is about to field an improved cummerbund for it.
"What do you want to do now, Captain?"
"What we always do. Fight 'em until we can't.", CPT Kara Thrace
NCPatrolAR
Enforcer for Da Man
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:39:20 PM
Originally Posted By WiseguyThreeOne:
The very best is probably Mayflower Research and Consulting.

Best one you can (maybe) find is the Paraclete SOHPC, but wait a bit. Grey Group Training is about to field an improved cummerbund for it.

Will this be cummerbund 2.0 or 3.0 for the SOHPC?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2