Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a heads up, varusteleka has a stock of surplus Benin Pendjari Park Rangers uniform and ballcaps. They are the cool woodland type ones with the black parts shaped like buffalo horns, Lion heads and antelope hooves.
Don't know about the quality, but like many african uniforms they are cut like old french Airborne uniforms, so a very practical cut (think eotac field or Woolrich Algerian).
Not terribly expensive at 70€ for the whole set.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump to keep the thread fresh.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump to keep the thread fresh.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
@Hawkeye

How are you?

Anything on the menu
for future tests?

Viva  Hawkeye..!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump.

Also, just found a brick and mortar surplus store near me that's still in business which is rare these days. They have a lot of Tru Spec stuff. Are people still finding them to be a decent brand for the money or have they pulled the ubiquitous move of trading rep for momentary profit by tanking their quality?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Great vid. Thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Well done Hawkeye..!!!

Quite the interesting camo pattern.

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Anything new?
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it just me or does ATACs look like the camo worn by the Rebels on Endor in the movie "Return of the Jedi"?  

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup.  I think this might have been brought up when it came out.  ATACS I mean.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
bump
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Bump

Found this thread while researching camo

Been into gear and guns for a couple years but havent bought any camo outside of hunting patterns.

Looking to change that
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
0241 tactical, that makes a living by reprinting weird and obscure camouflages and making into clothing for the civilian market is shipping preordered uniforms in what they call "marpat tigerstripe", a tiger pattern in marpat colors trying to mimick one of the experimental patterns tested for the adoption of the then new marpat camouflage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxEMcp0OS3V/

this is the original trial pattern on the right

i don't know how it will work. i know that in my area (italy, mediterranean hills/low mountains) the desert tiger stripe pattern (as well the desert DPM) works very well year round, due to the abundance of yellowish browns in both seasons

Also i discovered this austrian airsofter called Novritch, because i bought a mesh multicam boonie with his brand from a car boot sale (honest item BTW, well made). apparently he made his own camouflage whcih is a tiger stripe variant with black exchanged for brown, which makes it look faded, with extra bits of color added in. i think there are 12 colors, that is a lot, like many other commercial makers are doing.

https://us.novritsch.com/kreuzotter-is-here/
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
0241 tactical, that makes a living by reprinting weird and obscure camouflages and making into clothing for the civilian market is shipping preordered uniforms in what they call "marpat tigerstripe", a tiger pattern in marpat colors trying to mimick one of the experimental patterns tested for the adoption of the then new marpat camouflage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxEMcp0OS3V/

this is the original trial pattern on the right
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/MARPAT_MCCUU_Prototypes_Removable_Sleeves.png/1024px-MARPAT_MCCUU_Prototypes_Removable_Sleeves.png

i don't know how it will work. i know that in my area (italy, mediterranean hills/low mountains) the desert tiger stripe pattern (as well the desert DPM) works very well year round, due to the abundance of yellowish browns in both seasons

Also i discovered this austrian airsofter called Novritch, because i bought a mesh multicam boonie with his brand from a car boot sale (honest item BTW, well made). apparently he made his own camouflage whcih is a tiger stripe variant with black exchanged for brown, which makes it look faded, with extra bits of color added in. i think there are 12 colors, that is a lot, like many other commercial makers are doing.
https://us.novritsch.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Field-Jacket.jpg

View Quote

How is the quality of 0241 Tactical?

Im thinking Id like to get some Multicam Tropic clothes since it seems like it would work pretty well in the spring/summer here in OH. Seems hard to find from many places

Is MCT being phased out?

I also like Marpat but same problem.

Currently I have a mix of MC, Ranger green and Marpat gear
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
0241 Tactical is doing a WW2 set!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Another duck hunter? As i said, they do that for a living. However Burkina Faso presidential guard has One with a Better colorway, chinese made, a sort of modernized F1 french cut.

To be honest i think Burkina Faso army uniform May be a working Camo for some southwest US areas.

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Trying to find a decent plate carrier in woodland camo.  Could just do a ranger or od green with camo pouches.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

Not at the moment. I'm pretty swamped with work. My buddy Brent has a couple of new ones up though on his channel.
View Quote

You a 1S guy, OP?
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 6:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#24]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

How is the quality of 0241 Tactical?

Im thinking Id like to get some Multicam Tropic clothes since it seems like it would work pretty well in the spring/summer here in OH. Seems hard to find from many places

Is MCT being phased out?

I also like Marpat but same problem.

Currently I have a mix of MC, Ranger green and Marpat gear
View Quote

I had a helluva time finding it too.

The two pieces I got were disappointing. Not the pattern, the fit. The hats are GTG, though.

The combat shirt I got is way too short in the torso - so short, I can't tuck it in. And the pants are so fucking baggy, it's not even funny. Summer, here in PA, the pattern is perfect, though - if you can find any (and it fits!).

ETA: Looks like there's a lot more available than when I tried to find it in Jan2023. That's good!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
https://us.novritsch.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Field-Jacket.jpg

View Quote

How is the quality and durability of the Novritsch pants and shirts?  Does the sizing run true?  Pros and Cons of the two shirts and pants; especially the pants being almost twice the cost of Combat vs. Field?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Always glad to see your comments, Hawkeye!  All best wishes!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Great vid. Like that camo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Trying to find a decent plate carrier in woodland camo.  Could just do a ranger or od green with camo pouches.
View Quote

@metalsaber.
If you're willing to wait Esstac should have daedoons in m81 coming soon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:

@metalsaber.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

@metalsaber.

TRex Arms and LBX Tactical also make affordable plate carriers in Woodland pattern
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top