Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
i've always thought that CADPAT was too dark to work outside of northern forests but then today i saw this pic...

and thats just laying out in the open!  you cant even see the legs of the guys at the end of the row...
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
i've always thought that CADPAT was too dark to work outside of northern forests but then today i saw this pic...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dscarlino/range/002.jpg

and thats just laying out in the open!  you cant even see the legs of the guys at the end of the row...

damn that's cool, i always wondered how it would look in an open setting
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By benb:
I bought all multicam gear and was convinced it worked great in all environments, but a friend took a picture of me working on somthing in multicam (in the pacific nw forest). There was a woodland jacket in the same picture. I was shocked how well i stood out in multicam and how well the woodland jacket worked.

I think the multicam still works very well in arid enviroments, but i am thinking of getting more woodland or marpat gear for the forest.

I took some pics of my MC backpack on a trip to WA State. It disappeared in the pix.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Camo is getting nearly as bad as computers - It's obsolete in about a
year with something new coming out. Take ATACS for example - the last picture of
that in this thread was in August of 2012 and no mention since.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By OlKev:
Camo is getting nearly as bad as computers - It's obsolete in about a year with something new coming out. Take ATACS for example - the last picture of that in this thread was in August of 2012 and no mention since.

I see what you mean and i do think it is frustrating at times, but the good thing is that you get to see some cool stuff come out. I remember when i was a kid there wasnt much more then woodland and i thought realtree was the coolest shit ever just because it was different
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone make a sterile, no Velcro/zipper, all button closure ACU or MCCUU pattern uniform in multicam?
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a SKD Alpha cut set, used the top for my first ghillie suit.  Only thing I don't like about them is the pant sizing, I ordered my normal bdu size and they were nut huggers out the package.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 8:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CeraOne] [#10]
Adding some photos here.  These are staged and not from actual training, but you guys have been wanting to see how the new Kryptek stacks up against A-TACS in the wild, so here they are.  As promised, we've got both A-TACS FG below.  

Pants are Propper in ACU cut, shirt is from Tactical Performance Inc, hat is a Rhodie copy hand sewn by member slangvel.

Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
And here we have Kryptic Mandrake.  Sorry I dont have a shirt in this pattern.  Both hat and pants are made by Vertx.

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#12]

CeraOne

excellent pics, and a great
contribution to this thread!

Link Posted: 6/20/2013 2:06:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:
Originally Posted By CeraOne:
.............................Pants are Tru-Spec in ACU cut, .....................

Tru-Spec does not make anything in A-TACS FG or AU. Did you mean Propper?

You are correct!  I will edit my post to reflect the manufacturer as Propper.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the pics, Cera.  Which do you think is more effective, FG or Mandrake?
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 7:23:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CeraOne] [#16]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
Thanks for the pics, Cera.  Which do you think is more effective, FG or Mandrake?

FG

Mandrake is an interesting idea and gives lots of "depth" up close.  But from a distance it blends just like any other camo, and the FG does a better job playing on light and shadows.  You couldn't go wrong with either, honestly...but I'm still preferring FG.

I will continue to test both and keep you guys updated with pics, especially if I end up in some different terrain.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Forgive me if this is already been done but has anyone ever posted a night vision pic of MC, with ATACS AU, and FG?  Just curious to see the three in the same shot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#18]
that atacs FG looks good in your environment
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 8:54:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MP0117] [#19]
Originally Posted By CeraOne:
snip

Great pix, thanks for taking the time to post those.

IMHO, ATACS > Kryptic

Krytic looks so damned cool... But I'm really not seeing how it's more (or as) effective than MC or ATACS.

I'd still love a pair of Kryptic pants for the range/property, but I'll stick with MC if I really want to blend in.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]
sorry if i missed it have we discussed AOR2 or DG3?

i really like these for WA state as the woodland marpat is the best i have found for western Washington, but really wish it had more green in it like the AOR2 does....

i've really only toyed around with woodland,woodland marpat, multicam and OD.... i've had the best luck with OD and the woodland marpat....i'm getting ready to dump everything and get all new gear instead of just heading out with various items cobbled together... i need a complete set up.

is AOR2 worth the money? anyone have any experience with it?  

AOR2

DSG3

MARPAT

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By LiquidRisc81:
sorry if i missed it have we discussed AOR2 or DG3?

i really like these for WA state as the woodland marpat is the best i have found for western Washington, but really wish it had more green in it like the AOR2 does....

i've really only toyed around with woodland,woodland marpat, multicam and OD.... i've had the best luck with OD and the woodland marpat....i'm getting ready to dump everything and get all new gear instead of just heading out with various items cobbled together... i need a complete set up.

is AOR2 worth the money? anyone have any experience with it?  

AOR2
http://www.octactical.com/aor2nyco.jpg

DSG3
http://www.octactical.com/dg3m3.jpg

MARPAT
http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/63/64/52066463/photos/Uniform-Comparison-Study/marpat-1.jpg

For some reason, I find myself liking AOR2 better then MARPAT. Some of the smaller, custom gear makers have products in AOR2 that look great as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the update.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm envious of the area you live in, and even more jealous that you have a like-minded buddy who will go and stomp around with you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:
Thanks for the update.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm envious of the area you live in, and even more jealous that you have a like-minded buddy who will go and stomp around with you.
View Quote

ya for sure! this is one of my favorite threads!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By chris1845:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks for the update.

I'll third outkast's comment.

My buddies are all blue jeans, cowboy boots and skoal rings. I'm the only camo guy
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, that Pencott looks great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
Wow, that Pencott looks great.
View Quote

In very specific AOs... (not trying to be a hater, I like their sandstorm and snowdrift )

I think it clearly works wonders in his AO but I'm still voting multicam on a general purpose camo
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 1:46:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#28]
I agree with you Brad, there are lots of great camouflage patterns out there and its great if you can find just the right one for your AO, but Multicam still seems to be the closest thing to a solid universal pattern in that it is at least moderately effective in a wide variety of terrain. If I could only have one, that would probably be it.

Anyways, here's more in-field pics of the GZ in use over on a magazine's Facebook page I saw yesterday:

Clicky
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Anybody ever hear of a brand called Viking that makes/sells ACU cut pants in a very brown tinted OD green sort of color?

Anybody ever seen ACU cut pants in that sort of color at all?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Great thread.  I need some new cammos, and this may help.  Where I live, old school Woodland is still one of the best, but the new Kryptec Mandrake may work for me too.  I was looking at getting Multicam, but I think there is just too much white.  ATacs looks promising for my area.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By oxmav3rickxo:
Anybody ever hear of a brand called Viking that makes/sells ACU cut pants in a very brown tinted OD green sort of color?

View Quote

that would be interesting
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw somebody on the subway wearing them and asked for the details. He said the brand was Viking and he got them from a place called MASH, but I've found zero record of either the brand or the store.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I wish I could find BDUs in Coyote brown or a darker tan color.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Check out Carhartt and Duluth Traders.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Shay_Ellafrits:
I wish I could find BDUs in Coyote brown or a darker tan color.
View Quote

Get some Proppers in khaki and dye them?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Not my photos of course, but I thought they were appropriate for this thread. These photos were taken from SpecOpShop's Facebook page here.

These are photos of LandCamo ABD/SERE in West Texas, which is very much like the terrain that covers most of central and southern Arizona where I live. I would buy this in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the price of $325 for a single pair of pants and a jacket is just about enough to make my married-with-children brain explode.

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:
Back in the early pages of this thread there are some pictures of the solid coyote Tru-Spec TRU's I have.
View Quote

ill have to go back and check those out. When we went camping this weekend, we saw a Dept of Wildlife officer wearing brown BDU's and they went well with the terrrain.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Not my photos of course, but I thought they were appropriate for this thread. These photos were taken from SpecOpShop's Facebook page here.

These are photos of LandCamo ABD/SERE in West Texas, which is very much like the terrain that covers most of central and southern Arizona where I live. I would buy this in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the price of $325 for a single pair of pants and a jacket is just about enough to make my married-with-children brain explode.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1266290_558098984256338_2040083147_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1276823_558052170927686_557079145_o.jpg
View Quote

SpecOpShop has a lot of great looking stuff
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1266290_558098984256338_2040083147_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1276823_558052170927686_557079145_o.jpg

I don't see anything in hose photos that warrants that kind of money. Hit up your local cabelas and find a 90% solution for $75.

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
I don't see anything in hose photos that warrants that kind of money. Hit up your local cabelas and find a 90% solution for $75.
View Quote

I have to agree. I want it, but as good as it looks to me, I can't justify that price tag. Especially not since $80 worth of Propper Multicam has worked pretty well for me out here for the last two years, especially in the low desert areas and up in the Sonoran pines. It doesn't fare as well in high desert where there's even less green but it is still not totally ineffective.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Oh yeah, im not sure I would drop that kinda coin on their stuff either
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oxmav3rickxo] [#44]

View All Quotes

The color of the ACU pants I saw was pretty much this exact brown/green color of the OD grip on the lower right (the color of Magpul OD is much more green in person than it is in this picture)

Anybody seen em before?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#45]

The color of the ACU pants I saw was pretty much this exact brown/green color of the OD grip on the lower right (the color of Magpul OD is much more green in person than it is in this picture)

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/_thumbs/700x500-IMG_5827%201028%20Stick.jpg

Anybody seen em before?
View All Quotes

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/_thumbs/700x500-IMG_5827%201028%20Stick.jpg

Anybody seen em before?

5.11 has a color called Tundra that is similar
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wespe:

Anybody seen em before?

I own a few items in that color, it's different.

Eh, guess I'll have to track em down in person, no biggie.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Seems like most of the pics here are located in pretty green forested areas. I live in the Sierra Nevadas where you can go from arid brown only dusty deserts, to intermediate very Afgany type terrain into good tree line greens all in one 10 mile or less hike. Because of this I suspected Multicam would be the best but was surprised how well A-tacs and Desert Marpat did. Here is a sample pic with a Navy blue boonie as a "control". There are several boonies and 1 backpack in this pic. Each is a different Camo. Can you guys spot all of them, and what type of camo they are?

Also, I have more pics if anyone is interested I can post them up:

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have experience with fame retardant and bug repellent camo? Just the flame retardant alone usually ups the price hundreds of dollars. There is a local Surplus place that sells Multicam flame retardant and bug repellant pants (the kind with adjustable knee pads) for $89. Is this the best deal on the planet or am I missing something? No, they are not used, BRAND NEW. How can a brick and mortar be so much cheaper than all the online places???
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#49]
the camo fades a lot faster on those.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 6:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top