Link Posted: 9/1/2012 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By PFC_Dustin:
Originally Posted By BearArmy:
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:
Originally Posted By BearArmy:

I'm thinking I'm going to be getting the DarkAngel pouch.  I've been looking at it for a while to replace my huge kit on my belt now.

i recently ordered this one
http://hsgi.us/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-MBP]

My experience with this is that under stress or with gloves it can be hard to get into. The pouch is also a hair too narrow width-wise making for a harder pull. YMMV

Also the Dark Angel pouch comes pre-packed and vacuum sealed so it can get more in there and I don’t have to take supplies from my other kits to fill it. I was looking at that pouch though; I'm just thinking the Dark Angel might be a better set up.

http://www.shop.darkangelmedical.com/Medical-Products_c7.htm?page=all

I am wondering though what the difference is between the Mil. only pouches and the regular ones.

I got the Mil. kit. I think the difference is in the quick clot with the Mil. being x-rayable.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR45fan] [#2]
Well, thanks again ARFCOM - I've started another "build" - this time a first line / warbelt.

So, far:

Update:

Wilderness Tactical Rigger's Belt
ATS Warbelt

Tactical Tailor 5.56 Double Mag Panel Originally back ordered but TT beat their delivery estimate by two weeks - just wanted to give them a shout out.
Specter MOLLE 1 Pistol Mag Pouch
Surplus canteen and aftermarket cover (I know it goes against the grain but I believe you should have water as a basic survival item though I'm still looking for a more elegant solution than an old canteen)
Space for some kind of first aid pouch, haven't decided
Black Diamond locking 'biner
Specter Modular Tactical Holster (Sig P220)
Maxpedition Roly Poly

I served back in the ALICE days - this MOLLE stuff is such an improvement! Now I get to start working on armor.  Where's the thread for that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jackson923:
Question for all.
Why are guys running pistol mag pouches on their holster leg platforms?  How do you grab a mag while holding your gun?  Wouldn't you want the mags on the other side of your belt so you can grab them with your non dominate hand?  I even saw one guy with a wheel gun speed loaders on the holster side.  Am I missing something here?

I put my spare pistol mag/s in the same place they are on my CCW set up.  I figure that's where my hand is going to go when the time comes so there ought to be what I need there when I grab for it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Jackson923:
Question for all.
Why are guys running pistol mag pouches on their holster leg platforms?  How do you grab a mag while holding your gun?  Wouldn't you want the mags on the other side of your belt so you can grab them with your non dominate hand?  I even saw one guy with a wheel gun speed loaders on the holster side.  Am I missing something here?

A spare mag next to your pistol would be used for a one handed strong side reload.
Drop the mag, holster the gun, load mag, draw, drop slide if you need to, shoot.

Revolvers are typically loaded with the strong hand while the gun is held by the cylinder with the reaction hand.
Hence why you see revolver guys keep the reload on the holster side.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:
Yeah but what modern infantry actually uses that. Most use some sort of chest rig.

Originally Posted By mcantu:

Originally Posted By TrojanMan:
Originally Posted By MindBeyondAverage:
Hey guys...

I know it's supposed to be a pic thread, but I'll bite.

1) Six mags on the belt is a lot. I know people do it, but it's a lot is all I'm saying.
1a) Remember, the purpose of the war belt is a survival-level loadout.  If you want a combat load, you need additional gear to carry that combat load.  You can easily augment the belt with a chest rig, so don't be afraid to do that.

1b) There's also the issue of how large you are.  I'm on the small side, and I can't put anything double-thickness on my belt without it dragging on stuff and bumping my arms.  I use 2 single pistol TACOs and 2 single rifle TACOs, and that's the absolute most I can reasonably manage.
1c) Just because you have space on your belt does not mean you need to fill it up.  This also goes for the knife.  Be honest, what is the knife for?  Fighting?  Weapon retention?  Looking cool?  If you need it, fine.  If you don't...  Maybe you'll find that a smaller knife in your pocket an/or tools in a pack fill the utility function and you don't need the extra half a pound of Rambo knife.

(snip)

Just think about gear selection and take a look at what other people have done.  The most important thing you need to keep asking yourself is, "Why?"

6 mags on a belt was the standard combat load for more than 3 decades:

http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/_alice/0607.JPG

Well

From 2000-2004, the USAF used that.  I can attest to it.  I tried to move to a chest rig and got bitch-slapped for it.

And yes, the 6 mags WAS the combat loadout, and I kind of thought that was weak.  My LBE runs 9 mags for my rifle, but if you do the math, once you get into an engagement ammo gets spent FAST.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 2:59:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Have to throw out some HSGI love.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got my ATS belt back from the local alterations shop.  $12 to sew a strip of Velcro along the inside.  With an Uncle Mike's inner belt it is now extremely stable.  It was good before, only issue is that it would ride up when I sat down.  Now it doesn't move at all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Which do you guys prefer G-Code RTI or Safariland QLS/MLS?

Trying to figure out which one sits closer to the body as well.

Likely do a belt and molle setup for PC
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JRas:
Which do you guys prefer G-Code RTI or Safariland QLS/MLS?

Trying to figure out which one sits closer to the body as well.

Likely do a belt and molle setup for PC

In my experience the G-Code will sit closer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
Just got my ATS belt back from the local alterations shop.  $12 to sew a strip of Velcro along the inside.  With an Uncle Mike's inner belt it is now extremely stable.  It was good before, only issue is that it would ride up when I sat down.  Now it doesn't move at all.

Do you mean on the inside as in the part that contacts your body/pants?  Do you have any pics?  That sounds like a good idea, even the sure grip I just got rides up on me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Do you mean on the inside as in the part that contacts your body/pants?  Do you have any pics?  That sounds like a good idea, even the sure grip I just got rides up on me.

Not a great pic, but here you go.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Not a great pic, but here you go.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/joshua_aston/C4E9DFB8-780A-4264-A4F2-789B8F6BE9B2-356-0000002DEAD319D2.jpg

Thanks, thats pretty awesome.  Ill have to steal that idea from you.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AD43576:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh495/AD43576/19126707.jpg

What kind of holster is this? Attachment type?
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jmkrick:

What kind of holster is this? Attachment type?

It's a G-Code holster on an RTI Molle Adapter.  I have sveral of these things and really like them.

Aaron

Link Posted: 9/14/2012 9:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chiz45] [#15]

It's a G-Code holster on an RTI Molle Adapter.  I have sveral of these things and really like them.

Aaron

will these adapters work with either Safariland or Blade Tech holster bodies? Looks very convenient!

ETA: Safariland, check; researching Bladetech now
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chiz45:

Aaron

will these adapters work with either Safariland or Blade Tech holster bodies? Looks very convenient!

Bladetech check. I used the universal adapter

Link Posted: 9/15/2012 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By spoolup:
Originally Posted By chiz45:

Aaron

Bladetech check. I used the universal adapter

http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/pig5.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/belt5.JPG

Could you list out the exact gear you have there?
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess you mean the top photo with everything? Ifnot, just skip to the belt section.

Firearm
Spikes stripped lower, LRPK, Magpul UBR stock, and a  few things here or there.
Spikes assembled upper, MOE handguards, Magpul grip/ AFG2, LMT enhanced bolt, BCM mod 4 charging handle, Larue 129 with Aimpoint M3comp, Laure FTS mount with aimpoint 3x mag, Troy BUIS, a few things here or there.

Plate carrier
SKD PIG PC, Pig 2L hydration carrier with camelbak 72oz bladder, Right shoulder strap replaced with double D kit, HSGI pogey pouch up top, bottom pouches left to right (in photo) HSGI small radio (on cummerbund), 4x rifle taco, Now have a MSM stealth admin mount on other side cummerbund. Bulletproofme multi hit rifle front plates, rifle side plates.

Belt
HSGI suregrip with riggers belt, From left to right (in photo), HSGI pistol taco, double decker taco, double decker taco, Gcode RTI molle adapter, HSGI bleeder with RTI adapter, Gcode RTI duty mount, Bladetech WRS (see note below) with Sig P220 combat/ TLR1, Kabar TDI.

The bladetech WRS did not fit dierctly to the RTI adapter, well it will but the thumb latch can not be moved if installed that way, so I have now cut some @3/16" al tubing to act as a spacer to get rid of the extra drop in the WRS holster. Also hacked off unused ears on the RTI adapter.

Think thats about it... I hope.
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess you mean the top photo with everything? Ifnot, just skip to the belt section.

Firearm
Spikes stripped lower, LRPK, Magpul UBR stock, and a  few things here or there.
Spikes assembled upper, MOE handguards, Magpul grip/ AFG2, LMT enhanced bolt, BCM mod 4 charging handle, Larue 129 with Aimpoint M3comp, Laure FTS mount with aimpoint 3x mag, Troy BUIS, a few things here or there.

Plate carrier
SKD PIG PC, Pig 2L hydration carrier with camelbak 72oz bladder, Right shoulder strap replaced with double D kit, HSGI pogey pouch up top, bottom pouches left to right (in photo) HSGI small radio (on cummerbund), 4x rifle taco, Now have a MSM stealth admin mount on other side cummerbund. Bulletproofme multi hit rifle front plates, rifle side plates.

Belt
HSGI suregrip with riggers belt, From left to right (in photo), HSGI pistol taco, double decker taco, double decker taco, Gcode RTI molle adapter, HSGI bleeder with RTI adapter, Gcode RTI duty mount, Bladetech WRS (see note below) with Sig P220 combat/ TLR1, Kabar TDI.

The bladetech WRS did not fit dierctly to the RTI adapter, well it will but the thumb latch can not be moved if installed that way, so I have now cut some @3/16" al tubing to act as a spacer to get rid of the extra drop in the WRS holster. Also hacked off unused ears on the RTI adapter.

Think thats about it... I hope.

Very nice. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#20]

This is the exact set up I am putting together, except it will be for a Browning Hi-Power and FAL mags.

Link Posted: 9/16/2012 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Those are FAL mags!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a FAL, too, and have been toying with different mag pouches. I like your setup a lot, especially the relative simplicity of it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
That is why I went the direction I did.  I run an AR10 as much as an AR15 so I wnated to make sure I could accomodate both without haveing two different setups.  The Tacos obviously can do both an AR10 mag and AR15 mag.  The HSGI pouches on the RRV will hold either mag as well.

I've since removed the HSGI Nalgene pouch but have basically been using this untouched for over a year...that's pretty good for me.

Link Posted: 9/16/2012 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
HOLY HELL. That belt fits you? Looks like its for a 24" waist. Just giving you a hard time. But seriously...
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#25]
HOLY HELL. That belt fits you? Looks like its for a 24" waist. Just giving you a hard time. But seriously...

32.5"...and all muscle...at least it used to be.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:

32.5"...and all muscle...at least it used to be.

Thanks for seeing the humor in it and not getting a butt hurt and bent out of shape. Good looking setup.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Like bjwar, I'm skinny, too. For once I find it a positive as it prevents me from carrying a metric shit ton of gear on my waist and really forces me to think out my load.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JarHead94:
Like bjwar, I'm skinny, too. For once I find it a positive as it prevents me from carrying a metric shit ton of gear on my waist and really forces me to think out my load.

That is an advantage.  As I mentioned, I replaced the HSGI large pouch with a HSGI smal radio pouch for my IFAK.  The other pouch (I think it was a MAxpedition FR=1) is still attached but empty.  It catched odds and ends if I ever need to carry an extra light, knife, snack ber, etc.  I wanted to keep it as basic as possible but kept falling back to what you see.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]

First off i want to say I do not like the belt (condor) but im waiting for my LGS to get more HSGI in stock so this one will do.
also im trying ro decide on what to put on my right side, I think its going to be another smal Taco for my flashlight.
I just bought the knife today and really like it, I thought it would fit with the Molle but I was wrong and thats why its so far back.
Suggestions?
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7265_zps2b40005c.jpg
First off i want to say I do not like the belt (condor) but im waiting for my LGS to get more HSGI in stock so this one will do.
also im trying ro decide on what to put on my right side, I think its going to be another smal Taco for my flashlight.
I just bought the knife today and really like it, I thought it would fit with the Molle but I was wrong and thats why its so far back.
Suggestions?
Thoughts?

How do you access the rear pouch when it's on your person?
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#31]
What is a "taco"?
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AR45fan:
What is a "taco"?

Go ask your wife if you can test fit your PMAG in her Taco

Link Posted: 9/18/2012 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AR45fan:
What is a "taco"?

A "taco" is a modular pouch for magazines by HSGI. The rifle version stretches to fit most magazines, and can even be used to hold smoke grenades as well. You can put 7.62 mags, AK mags, or 5.56 mags in them and it doesn't really matter. They also make a pistol magazine version that you can put most types of pistol mags in.

http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-TACO-Modular-Single-Rifle-Magazine-Pouch-p/hsg.227.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I was given a safariland dropleg holster. Is it possible to take the dropleg stuff off and buy some kind of attachment to fit it on a MOLLE belt?
Where would I purchase the attachment?
Is it better to attach the holster to the MOLLE panel or to the inner belt itself?  
The warbelt I have has a cutout to allow the inner belt to be accessed. I've been inspired to setup a warbelt, and I want to mount the holster to the belt.
I figured since I got the holster for free, if I have to spend some money to get it how I'd want it, I'll still come out ahead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 2:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#35]
safariland makes a molle attachment system, they also make a belt drop to work from the inner belt.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
safariland makes a molle attachment system, they also make a belt drop to work from the inner belt.

link?
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By falconfire:
I was given a safariland dropleg holster. Is it possible to take the dropleg stuff off and buy some kind of attachment to fit it on a MOLLE belt?
Where would I purchase the attachment?
Is it better to attach the holster to the MOLLE panel or to the inner belt itself?  
The warbelt I have has a cutout to allow the inner belt to be accessed. I've been inspired to setup a warbelt, and I want to mount the holster to the belt.
I figured since I got the holster for free, if I have to spend some money to get it how I'd want it, I'll still come out ahead.

Attach it to the inner belt since you have the option. Really depends on how low you want it, i.e. on top of the belt or dropped down slightly below it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BCV:
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

link?

Here's the MOLLE attachment:

Molle plate

Here's the belt drop:

UBL

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4GUNNY] [#39]

My "Go-To Rig"

Set this one up a few weeks ago as my everyday/ range/ training/ beater... Got the belt, holster, and pouches awhile ago when Grey Ghost was having a sale. I got the belt for like 5 bucks and the pouches for like 8 bucks. The belt and holster are Tactical Tailor, the mag pouches are GGG. I have only ran this set up twice, but so far its been a great set up for under 60 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm looking to build my first belt rig. I was wondering what size would fit since I wear a size 42-44 pant. I was thinking the HSGI in xl would work. What do you guys think. Are there any guys with setups like this let me know how it fits.

I'll take some pouches off some of rigs to set it up and find what works. I'll post pics when I get it and set it up.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 420ollie:
I'm looking to build my first belt rig. I was wondering what size would fit since I wear a size 42-44 pant. I was thinking the HSGI in xl would work. What do you guys think. Are there any guys with setups like this let me know how it fits.

I'll take some pouches off some of rigs to set it up and find what works. I'll post pics when I get it and set it up.

I'm in a 38-40 and the XL almost touches so it depends on how much gap you want. I was in a 42 and there was maybe an inch to inch and a half of gap at that time. 48" Cobra inner belt was a little long, but still works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By miker84:
Originally Posted By 420ollie:

I'm in a 38-40 and the XL almost touches so it depends on how much gap you want. I was in a 42 and there was maybe an inch to inch and a half of gap at that time. 48" Cobra inner belt was a little long, but still works just fine.

How much gap do you need in the belt and how much is too much?

I ordered the HSGI Suregrip belt along with the matched duty belt. Now I'm more sure it will fit alright.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Working on a med kit now. Did all the kydex myself.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By liezone:
Working on a med kit now. Did all the kydex myself.

What did you use over the trigger to allow the light to pass?  I just did mine and thats the part that always screws me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_7265_zps2b40005c.jpg
Suggestions?
Thoughts?

I don't know if it's been covered with your setup or not, but here's a few things I noticed.

1,  And most important.... your pistol mags are facing the wrong direction.  Bullets towards center on belt if they're on your "Front".  If they're on your "Side" or towards your back, then bullets to the rear.  
2,  If you Beer Can Grip your rifle mags... then they're okay.  If you Index Finger grip the rifle mags, then #1 applies as well.
3.  That knife is, IMHO, too far back.  If you're going to carry one, it should be kinda close to the pistol.  Then again, I prefer to carry mine on my opposite side for weapon retention.  BG goes for my pistol, I use weapon hand to secure weapon, and support hand to retrieve knife and act appropriately.
4.  Why not move that GP pouch towards the front a litte more??  Might make it easier to access whatever stuff is in it.

Anyhow, just a couple things I noticed.  Best of luck and remember, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:
1,  And most important.... your pistol mags are facing the wrong direction.  Bullets towards center on belt if they're on your "Front".  If they're on your "Side" or towards your back, then bullets to the rear.  

First time I've ever seen or heard of anyone changing direction of their pistol mags based on location.  Mine are always bullets facing clockwise, regardless of location (assuming they're set up for primarily right hand use).  Also, some people (albeit not many) beer can their pistol mags.  If that's the case then he's got them facing the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:57:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SleeperShooter] [#48]
Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:

First time I've ever seen or heard of anyone changing direction of their pistol mags based on location.  Mine are always bullets facing clockwise, regardless of location (assuming they're set up for primarily right hand use).  Also, some people (albeit not many) beer can their pistol mags.  If that's the case then he's got them facing the right direction.

I'm a little loaded up on spiked eggnog.  My thoughts aren't as clear as I thought I guess.  I mean to say for righties they should be the other way.  Since I'm a lefty, my bullets are counter-clockwise.  

-SS
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Page 57 belongs to those drinking spiked eggnog FTMFW.

-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page 57 belongs to those drinking spiked eggnog FTMFW.

-SleeperShooter
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top