Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
So I have been losing weight and plan on continuing to do so, but right now my belt belt is at the end of it's adjustment range or just about.

Anyone recommend some suspenders I could use in the meantime while I continue to lose weight so I don't have to buy a new belt till I get my goal?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:
So I have been losing weight and plan on continuing to do so, but right now my belt belt is at the end of it's adjustment range or just about.

Anyone recommend some suspenders I could use in the meantime while I continue to lose weight so I don't have to buy a new belt till I get my goal?
View Quote

Crye maybe?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:
I have a HSGI better inner belt and love it. I've tried a handful of other options including the Bianchi style, Lead Devil USA Predator, and Arbor Arms Liner. Worn the HSGI with a battle belt and plain with a paddle holster. I set it at my size and wrapped the loose end with some one wrap. It doesn't loosen up, has enough structure to add some rigidity to my AWS SMU.
View Quote

Which Arbor Arms inner did you use?  I've got my eye on their Little G hook hybrid.  I carry IWB so being able to tighten or loosen up the belt easily on the fly is important to me.  I like buckles that have a running tail threaded through one side that can easily be cinched up or let out vs belts that are more "set" at a size.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

View Quote

I had good luck with the Viking Tactics suspenders.

Or you could just buy a Kore Battle Belt and not worry about your weight loss, just keep trimming the inner and outer belts as you shrink.  :)

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Croak:

I had good luck with the Viking Tactics suspenders.

Or you could just buy a Kore Battle Belt and not worry about your weight loss, just keep trimming the inner and outer belts as you shrink.  :)

View Quote

I do have a Kore dress belt I like to use once in awhile but I really like my Defensive Mechanimsms belt at the moment. Maybe I'll look at the Kore Battle Belt in the future
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#6]
I switched from a Kore to a DM Mech.  Wasn't much of an upgrade, just looked cooler and it came in Multicam. :)  

If your weight isn't stable, it's probably a downgrade.  

And frankly, the Cobra buckle is way worse than the Kore buckle for ease of use, comfort, pretty much anything other than airborne stuff most of us LARPers aren't doing. :)
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I signed up for my first USPSA match in a couple weeks, I'll be using this:

Just without the rifle mags.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I may have asked this already. I have my belt set up like most with the med pouch in the back. The only time I have trouble is when I'm driving. I don't really have room anywhere else to put it. Any suggestions on placement? I actually needed the belt yesterday and had to drive. Wasn't comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
I may have asked this already. I have my belt set up like most with the med pouch in the back. The only time I have trouble is when I'm driving. I don't really have room anywhere else to put it. Any suggestions on placement? I actually needed the belt yesterday and had to drive. Wasn't comfortable.
View Quote

Are you wearing armor as well?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

If you have the kind with the pull-out sleeve inside, you can just yank the sleeve out while driving, and slide it back in when you get out.  

Or, use One-Wrap instead of MOLLE weaving, and you can easily attach/detach pouches as necessary.  

Either method requires that you remember to slide it back/re-attach it when you get out of the vehicle though.  :)
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:33:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Metro6] [#11]
We run the sotech viper (larger one) at 6 on our belts. No one has issues in our Tahoes, Traverses, and a couple random UC vehicles- we do have issues with the wrap around seats of some UC vehicles and anything on the belt at 3 and 9.  Another thing to do in a vehicle with a rear mounted iFak is to totally deflate the lumbar support in the seat
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shooter_gregg] [#12]
It is the one with the pull cable closure. My pickup is a base model, non adjustable seats.
No armor. Maybe an excuse to get some?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

https://i.postimg.cc/hP3rVpHG/20221206-194551-1.jpg

View Quote

At matches I'll put an extra mag in a rifle pouch for my initial load to start the stage.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

How big is it what kind? I'm 5-11 220 and can drive my Subaru outback sport comfortably with mine on.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

At matches I'll put an extra mag in a rifle pouch for my initial load to start the stage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

https://i.postimg.cc/hP3rVpHG/20221206-194551-1.jpg

I attended a "Practice Night" with the local USPSA club last night, and that's exactly what I did as well.

Also the second rifle mag carrier worked perfectly as a cellphone holder
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I moved my small FAK to the 12:30-1 o'clock for that reason.    I can still access it with both hands and sit without destroying my lower back (well any more so).
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Any places doing a sale that carry esstac? Finally getting around to doing a new belt build
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#18]
View Quote

I opted to put my IFAK in a fanny pack (Emdom's Recon Waist Bag to be precise). I use the small front pouch for gloves and boo-boo items and the main compartment for blow-out gear. Swing it to the rear to keep it out of the way and swing it to the front when you need to sit down or (God forbid) you need to use it. The tapered shape makes it hardly noticable when sitting and you can easily remove it using one fast buckle. It can hold quite a bit if you need it to as well. The only downside is that there is no loop for patches so I use bright red zipper pulls to identify it.

The other advantage of putting it in a fanny pack is if you are a minimalist like me - you can wear it with your belt, with your chest rig, with you PC, on its own or in combination. You don't have to maintain multiple IFAKs for different combinations.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SCR556:

I opted to put my IFAK in a fanny pack (Emdom's Recon Waist Bag to be precise). I use the small front pouch for gloves and boo-boo items and the main compartment for blow-out gear. Swing it to the rear to keep it out of the way and swing it to the front when you need to sit down or (God forbid) you need to use it. The tapered shape makes it hardly noticable when sitting and you can easily remove it using one fast buckle. It can hold quite a bit if you need it to as well. The only downside is that there is no loop for patches so I use bright red zipper pulls to identify it.

The other advantage of putting it in a fanny pack is if you are a minimalist like me - you can wear it with your belt, with your chest rig, with you PC, on its own or in combination. You don't have to maintain multiple IFAKs for different combinations.
View All Quotes

@SCR556 lets see it man.  I have the agilite 6pack hanger/fanny can be used either way and would like to see your setup..............
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By _B_:
Any places doing a sale that carry esstac? Finally getting around to doing a new belt build
View Quote

SKDTAC has 15% off this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dairyfarmer:

SKDTAC has 15% off this weekend.
View Quote
Nice, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#23]
Never mind, I found some.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#24]
So I have a friend who's a hobbyist, asking me what to get for a new belt setup. He's wanting something set up for movement and lightweight. I have no idea what he uses right now, however I can say that his pistol is a G19.

Any ideas for a belt? He's trying to lose 30 pounds by October so probably adjustable would be great too. Money is no object, he's in the entertainment industry.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
So I have a friend who's a hobbyist, asking me what to get for a new belt setup. He's wanting something set up for movement and lightweight. I have no idea what he uses right now, however I can say that his pistol is a G19.

Any ideas for a belt? He's trying to lose 30 pounds by October so probably adjustable would be great too. Money is no object, he's in the entertainment industry.
View Quote

Based off the weight loss comment, a padded belt so he can ungrow into it.  I don't know what all "movement" means as far as belt requirements, but if you get a padded belt sleeve at about his goal size, he can get a new cheap inner belt if he ends up needing one.

I like the ATS war belt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Unobtainium sled jsta inserts
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]

In the "How many mags on belt" thread, someone says that they used the esstac inserts instead.

Hmmmm...I haz an idea to see about implementing, to make a good use of the lack of real estate by combining a few things.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#28]

In the "How many mags on belt" thread, someone says that they used the esstac inserts instead.

Hmmmm...I haz an idea to see about implementing, to make a good use of the lack of real estate by combining a few things.
View All Quotes

The kiwi inserts work like shit in this.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

The kiwi inserts work like shit in this.
View Quote

I was just reading that the pistol one stinks, but the rifle is good to go.

You definitely opened a rabbit hole for me to dive into.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm finally modern with an AWS SMU

Really digging the SMU. It's the first 1.75" belt I've tried that I've liked. It's super stiff, yet it conforms to your hips. You'll notice mine has a curve to it. Wore it for the last several days putting in something like 20 miles running around the woods. I liked it well enough I ordered a black one for work.

Anyone running a good somewhat universal mag pouch that puts the bullets facing out? I run multiple handguns off this setup and while the Kywi's work okay, I prefer bullets facing out. I don't really want to resort to a Safariland 79 as the slot is cut for a 2.25" duty belt. I could probably run the ELS version with a Teklok.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jhon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77573/IMG_0202-2856280.jpg

I'm finally modern with an AWS SMU

Really digging the SMU. It's the first 1.75" belt I've tried that I've liked. It's super stiff, yet it conforms to your hips. You'll notice mine has a curve to it. Wore it for the last several days putting in something like 20 miles running around the woods. I liked it well enough I ordered a black one for work.

Anyone running a good somewhat universal mag pouch that puts the bullets facing out? I run multiple handguns off this setup and while the Kywi's work okay, I prefer bullets facing out. I don't really want to resort to a Safariland 79 as the slot is cut for a 2.25" duty belt. I could probably run the ELS version with a Teklok.
View Quote

Like this?

BFG Mag NOW! molle that can be used on a 1.75 using one wraps.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Looking at the first picture, it seems that inserting a magazine might be a bit...challenging.

Is this the case?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#33]
@weapons_free

This is the thread you seek
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
@weapons_free

This is the thread you seek
View Quote

Thanks buddy. Very tactical of you
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#35]
What is the consensus?  AWS or Ronin?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Looking at the first picture, it seems that inserting a magazine might be a bit...challenging.

Is this the case?
View All Quotes

Is this the case?

@SCR556 sorry just saw this

They need to be stretched out for a couple days. After that it's quite the opposite. Probably the best elastic based retention available. Things like the kiwis are always going to be easier but re-indexing isn't as important as removing bulk in practical application. Ymmv depending on use
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
What is the consensus?  AWS or Ronin?
View Quote

AWS is the OEM for the Ronin

I'd just go with the AWS
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Frogpro inner/outer belt

Includes

- Helikon Tex AR mag insert for bags etc, works pretty well for a TQ pouch on the belt also
- Safariland ALS holster
- M05 Leatherman pouch
- Eagle Ind dump pouch
- Iisakki Järvenpää puukko
- M05 AR pouch
- BFG double pistol pouch

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Tuukka:
Frogpro inner/outer belt

Includes

- Helikon Tex AR mag insert for bags etc, works pretty well for a TQ pouch on the belt also
- Safariland ALS holster
- M05 Leatherman pouch
- Eagle Ind dump pouch
- Iisakki Järvenpää puukko
- M05 AR pouch
- BFG double pistol pouch

[url]https://i.imgur.com/udHRVs4.jpg[/url

https://i.imgur.com/gFWBpuE.jpg
View Quote

I love the puukko on the war belt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep, its a must item

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 2:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#41]
I'm still fiddling with this and haven't even fielded it yet, so change-ups may be in my future. For now, here's a build list:

+ AWS Special Mission Unit (SMU) Operator Composite Belt
+ GBRS Group double pistol magazine pouch
+ GBRS Group single rifle magazine pouch
+ Tactical Tailor dump pouch
+ HK VP9 w/Streamlight TLR-7A in a T.REX ARMS Ragnarok light bearing holster
+ True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter (MHA) [GBRS specific colorway: MultiCam] with leg strap and Qor Performance Ice Vent
+ Safariland QLS system
+ North American Rescue CAT 7 in an Eagle Industries TQ pouch

Link Posted: 8/14/2023 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:

Which Arbor Arms inner did you use?  I've got my eye on their Little G hook hybrid.  I carry IWB so being able to tighten or loosen up the belt easily on the fly is important to me.  I like buckles that have a running tail threaded through one side that can easily be cinched up or let out vs belts that are more "set" at a size.
View Quote

I have their liner with the “big” g-hook. I think it’s the lowest profile inner belt I’ve used, and I wear it almost daily.

The zip tie “reinforcements” are a gimmick. It is ‘structural enough’ to ccw with a decent holster.

I had a g-code inner belt with mini g-hook and it added too many layers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#43]
My long-time MOLLE belt got too big as I've been working on diet and exercise, so it was time to figure out something new. I know that everyone tends towards inner/outer designs, but I like to run a lot of jackets and smocks that make access to the belt more difficult. Still, I liked the idea of a 2" duty belt rather than MOLLE. Ended up going backwards in time and put this together, and I'm a big fan. Still meets my needs by having the essentials and letting me run any of my weapon systems in the safe be it 5.56, 7.62, shotgun, or bolt action.

- Emdom/MM CM belt, with pad
- Esstac Kywi double pistol mag with gap
- G-Code Scorpion rifle speed reload
- ATS Enfilade roll up dump pouch
- SO Tech Viper A1 Mini IFAK
- Arbor Arms Multi-Function Pouch, typically for a canteen but will work for just about anything
- Dara Level 2 holster on a QD mount with my CZ P07
- [Not pictured] Horizontal TQ mount in front of holster

Link Posted: 8/14/2023 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DisposableHero:
My long-time MOLLE belt got too big as I've been working on diet and exercise, so it was time to figure out something new. I know that everyone tends towards inner/outer designs, but I like to run a lot of jackets and smocks that make access to the belt more difficult. Still, I liked the idea of a 2" duty belt rather than MOLLE. Ended up going backwards in time and put this together, and I'm a big fan. Still meets my needs by having the essentials and letting me run any of my weapon systems in the safe be it 5.56, 7.62, shotgun, or bolt action.

- Arbor Arms Multi-Function Pouch, typically for a canteen but will work for just about anything

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/bbn-front.jpeg
https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/bbn-left.jpeg
https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/bbn-back.jpeg
https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/bbn-right.jpeg
View Quote

You must hate sitting down in belts. Canteen and an iFak that size at 6’o clock would suck.

I also have never understood why people run their pistol mags forward but their rifle mags backwards. Why use different body movements to reload instead of the same?
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 6:29:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse] [#45]
Originally Posted By CJ47:
I also have never understood why people run their pistol mags forward but their rifle mags backwards. Why use different body movements to reload instead of the same?
View Quote

Simple answer, a rifle mag doesn't go into the pistol grip nor is the mag fully covered by the lower receiver when fully inserted like a pistol.

Assuming off the belt loads are for emergencies, 3-gun has shown beer can grab without twisting your arm is fast.
Also 3-gun has shown that finger index on the bullets of your pistol is faster than beer can because beer can has the tendency to pinch the shit out of your hand by the time it's fully seated.

I suppose if you only ran extended mags, beer can is all you need for pistol.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#46]
The flat IFAK does not get in the way of sitting at all. I've been running it this way on several kits for a while. It only works with flat style IFAKs like this, though.

As for the canteen....well, it comes out of the pouch.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

Simple answer, a rifle mag doesn't go into the pistol grip nor is the mag fully covered by the lower receiver when fully inserted like a pistol.

Assuming off the belt loads are for emergencies, 3-gun has shown beer can grab without twisting your arm is fast.
Also 3-gun has shown that finger index on the bullets of your pistol is faster than beer can because beer can has the tendency to pinch the shit out of your hand by the time it's fully seated.

I suppose if you only ran extended mags, beer can is all you need for pistol.
View Quote

I run everything rounds pointed rearwards. Maybe it’s me then lol I’m just much more fluid and quicker keeping them identical. Maybe I’m autistic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#48]

You must hate sitting down in belts. Canteen and an iFak that size at 6’o clock would suck.

View All Quotes

I like canteens and butt packs on field belts. You can sit against a tree just fine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

How does that belt do without suspenders?

Also, I like you stuff good buddy.  Your overall belt game is par excellence.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a bunch of holsters but got a new asstec belt set up and want a modular qd pistol holster. Something I can swap fast mostly between a g19 and a poly 80 g17 with threaded barrel and rmr. Saw a bunch of of these types at the last CW I was at. What am I looking for?

@whiskersthecat
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top