User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Mayflower Gen IV.

I have a couple I made in ranger green for practice pieces on sewing, but I'm working my way up to designing something similar to the Mayflower
View Quote

Thanks, Ill look into this. I dont have a chest rig or PC, but will need one for an upcoming class. This one looks like it will fit the bill nicely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:

Thanks, Ill look into this. I dont have a chest rig or PC, but will need one for an upcoming class. This one looks like it will fit the bill nicely.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:
Mayflower Gen IV.

I have a couple I made in ranger green for practice pieces on sewing, but I'm working my way up to designing something similar to the Mayflower

They're around 200 bucks, but worth it if you don't wear plates, or want to throw it over a slick carrier. Lightweight and fairly slim if you don't overload it.

Velocity Systems make a good few options of them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Esstac - 2" belt, triple kywi pistol mag pouch, 2x single mid 556 mag  pouches.

North American rescue - m-fak, TQ pouch

Safariland - 6390rds holster

Mechanix - mpact gloves

Going to be adding a dump pouch, once I decide which one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
They're around 200 bucks, but worth it if you don't wear plates, or want to throw it over a slick carrier. Lightweight and fairly slim if you don't overload it.

Velocity Systems make a good few options of them.
View Quote

appreciate the suggestions. Im leaning towards a pc, because i dont have one and would like one, but also because i believe at some point you wont be able to buy them anymore. hopefully im wrong.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Belt setup is almost done. Just waiting on my holster.

So far digging it set up like this larping around the house.

Everything made with US made materials, and German made Gutermann thread.

You can tell how my stitching improved as I went. A straight only lockstitch machine, without reverse, is hard to master

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171858_jpg-2672381.JPG

Need to get a jig for binding to clean up the internal seams, but I made a rip away box pouch with some elastic. Handle placement and buckle inspired by ATS.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171744_jpg-2672388.JPG

Raided my back pack med kit for supplies to take photos test it out.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171805_jpg-2672389.JPG

Trying to think of how I'm going to rig a spare tourniquet to it. Might shove some shears down the webbing and bungee them in. Or just leave a pair in my pack and chest rig.
View Quote

Crazy how fast you got it all done. Looks awesome to me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Belt setup is almost done. Just waiting on my holster.

So far digging it set up like this larping around the house.

Everything made with US made materials, and German made Gutermann thread.

You can tell how my stitching improved as I went. A straight only lockstitch machine, without reverse, is hard to master

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171858_jpg-2672381.JPG

Need to get a jig for binding to clean up the internal seams, but I made a rip away box pouch with some elastic. Handle placement and buckle inspired by ATS.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171744_jpg-2672388.JPG

Raided my back pack med kit for supplies to take photos test it out.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/20230114_171805_jpg-2672389.JPG

Trying to think of how I'm going to rig a spare tourniquet to it. Might shove some shears down the webbing and bungee them in. Or just leave a pair in my pack and chest rig.

Thanks!

Ordering all the material at once, and then working on it after work each day is how. Plus making a couple simple chest rigs as practice before hand. Things would go faster with a modern machine.

I probably spent about 12 hours total on it tweaking things as I went and learning. I drew up plans for each part in photoshop as a general guide.

Realistically, it's all simple sewing patterns. Just rectangles stitched together the right way.

I still have enough M81 to make a chest rig, or more pouches. Just need to get some more velcro and webbing
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Advance:
It would be cool in TN lowered the price of their flat bar stock CNC'd pieces of anodized aluminum. I know it is made in the USA but this isn't a super intricate piece of gear requiring $250K molds. Don't come back at me with with the R&D talk either. A $100 trip to home depot could easily result in multiple prototypes.

That said, I have purchased from TN and will continue to do so.
View Quote

No offense to TN, but elite products will price themselves out of the market unless they are realistic. Unless TN is sourcing all the parts in the US, which still cant be that expensive, the small main part cant be that expensive to produce if you have a decent laser cutter. I think the TN product is overpriced for what it is. This proves that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It would be cool in TN lowered the price of their flat bar stock CNC'd pieces of anodized aluminum. I know it is made in the USA but this isn't a super intricate piece of gear requiring $250K molds. Don't come back at me with with the R&D talk either. A $100 trip to home depot could easily result in multiple prototypes.

View Quote

No offense to TN, but elite products will price themselves out of the market unless they are realistic. Unless TN is sourcing all the parts in the US, which still cant be that expensive, the small main part cant be that expensive to produce if you have a decent laser cutter. I think the TN product is overpriced for what it is. This proves that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:06:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nightstalker32] [#10]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C9xqhZWeDYZxLkar8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nDVHMsQAfpqRqjHK7

Not a paying member unfortunately so I can only post links.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C9xqhZWeDYZxLkar8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nDVHMsQAfpqRqjHK7

Not a paying member unfortunately so I can only post links.

View Quote

Looks good
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Halp!

I use this belt for outdoor stuff, primarily when hog hunting, but it is damn uncomfortable in a vehicle, especially my f150.

Almost seems if I have anything rear of 3 or 9 oclock it sucks. I did have the IFAK back at 6 but moved it to test out.

Any advice? Just the way it is in vehicles?

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RegularJoe58:
Halp!

I use this belt for outdoor stuff, primarily when hog hunting, but it is damn uncomfortable in a vehicle, especially my f150.

Almost seems if I have anything rear of 3 or 9 oclock it sucks. I did have the IFAK back at 6 but moved it to test out.

https://i.imgur.com/rXN15hVl.jpg
View Quote

Belts in vehicles tends to suck regardless. Something like the IFAK at 6 or so to provide a bit of cushion on your back may help, but it also might suck because of the spacing between your back and seat. I have always worn armor in conjunction with a belt in some form so that helped in this regard.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Belts in vehicles tends to suck regardless. Something like the IFAK at 6 or so to provide a bit of cushion on your back may help, but it also might suck because of the spacing between your back and seat. I have always worn armor in conjunction with a belt in some form so that helped in this regard.
View Quote

Good point. I'll try it with my PC just to see if it makes a difference. Either way, I guess I just need to suck it up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking for suggestions on a belt for range/training/shtf

Not sure if 1.75 or 2" would be better, but want molle cut
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
Looking for suggestions on a belt for range/training/shtf

Not sure if 1.75 or 2" would be better, but want molle cut
View Quote

First, I'd go back a few pages and see if anything looks good to you. Then, you want to better refine your requirements. Right now, they're way too broad.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]

I can run across pics of your gear and know who posted it.  Sometimes the old ways are the best ways... Lol!
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Same. Brings a smile to my face.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

I can run across pics of your gear and know who posted it.  Sometimes the old ways are the best ways... Lol!

Same. Brings a smile to my face.

Yes, same here
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]

First, I'd go back a few pages and see if anything looks good to you. Then, you want to better refine your requirements. Right now, they're way too broad.
View Quote

What more would you need to know?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#21]
What more would you need to know?
View Quote

Well, everything besides slick or not. Think of it as you need to list requirements for a new fire truck, and all you said was i want recommendations for a new fire truck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Honestly just looking at a mid ride holster, 3 pistol mags and maybe 1 rifle mag. Small ifak
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Honestly just looking at a mid ride holster, 3 pistol mags and maybe 1 rifle mag. Small ifak
View Quote

So something like this

Or this
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#25]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Something similar, except with molle. I have an esstac shooters belt now but wanting something will molle attachments
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Something similar, except with molle. I have an esstac shooters belt now but wanting something will molle attachments
View Quote

Why is that?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#28]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Why is that?
View Quote

Have trouble with the holster not easily fitting into the belt and the ends where the cobra latch don’t seem super secure, it’s basically just Velcro with a small ring holding it on
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#30]
A molle battle belt is a solution for certain problems.  Just because it's a gimmick to one doesn't mean that it's a gimmick to all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Yep. That's what mostly means.

View Quote

Nah, that's a gimmick description then.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:20:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm not tracking. Post up your belt and explain what having molle solves.

You have a habit of following me around the site and trying to prove me wrong. Frankly, I welcome it. When I'm wrong, I learn. I like learning.

Teach me something.

View Quote

Of course you're not, you are only thinking with your likes and dislikes. A molle is easier to fit things on rather than fighting with one wrap and getting a padded belt underneath to stay on.

Why you want me to post a picture of what I use when I can describe to you the differences, is weird to be honest.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Have trouble with the holster not easily fitting into the belt and the ends where the cobra latch don’t seem super secure, it’s basically just Velcro with a small ring holding it on
View Quote

What holster are you using.
And I've never had the end fail, in both military and law enforcement uses.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#37]

You're posting in a picture thread, my dude.

It's not really about liking or disliking. It's about practicality, cost, and actual efficacy.

So, let's break it down.

1. Practicality. Attaching a pouch or holster does not require molle in any circumstance.
2. Cost. Molle belts cost 2x more in most cases.
3. Efficacy. Attaching a pouch is actually more efficient with one wrap because you're not limited to the "slots" afforded you with molle. Further, using molle attachments will push your pouches further away from your body which is the opposite of the desired effect.

I'm a bit confused about the padded belt comment. It doesn't make sense. You don't wear a padded belt under your gun belt. You wear an inner belt, which is usually female velcro. It goes inside your belt loops to afford you an easy on/off of your outer belt, which is the load-bearing system.

Personally, I've never had to "fight with one wrap." In fact, trying to thread a molle belt is harder for most people than just cutting a few inches of wrap and placing the pouch exactly where you want it.

I don't hate them, and I don't hate people who use them. Hell, my primary assault belt is a molle belt. I just don't use the molle.

Pic thread

Same belt circa 2021

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/PXL_20211026_211151667_MP-2710282.jpg
View Quote

You're always right and I am always wrong. HSG has never made or sold a padded belt that regular belts wrap into, and inner belts have never been uncomfortable, like ever, and things always stay on them in a perfect world, meaning you win oh master operator.

I have never done courses or matches either, and if I had I would just use my jean pockets because never ever have I ever used gear, oh wait...however it is a picture thread and he was asking for help and wanted molle. I have seen others asking for help in here and differences of opinions, all without asking for a picture, maybe I'm the exception to that norm, hm my dude?. I've even seen someone mentioning one wrap as a gimmick. Meaning everyone has an opinion. One thing I have learned is that boards with fellow gun enthusiasts usually means most are not new to this rodeo yet some are treated as if they are, and that if something works then it's not stupid or a gimmick in your case.

Molle to some is a solution to a legit problem some may have, one wrap is not always the best solution for certain things, and I have yet to see everyone lock, step, and heel unison with the others whom are also not in step with the narrative order of things as far as gear goes.

Anyway, I've already posted pictures in here before. I stay subscribed for new ideas and to see if any new tech has made it's way and if it's for me or not. The whole point of picture threads, not for narrative controlling.

Molle still works for those having particular problems that only a molle could and has solved. I fail to see the gimmick of something another looks down upon just because they don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:47:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#38]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By pennsylvaniaboy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pennsylvaniaboy:

What’s ‘TN’?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Can you explain what those are?

I'm honestly curious.

Relax man. I'm not judging or calling names or trying to create a problem. I'm just asking you to quantify the above.

Pic thread
(Also, I want to illustrate that I'm maritime, because I'm wearing tactical boat shoes)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/221816/2023-02-13_22-49-08-2710320.jpg
View Quote

To attach things to without it sliding around, because not all attachments are equal in designs. The open holster I have for my pistol match belt is one just issue that has to have one wraps placed at the edges to keep in place, however a molle belt using Molle-Lok's with the belt loops removed solves that very problem. And it did. I absolutely love running that belt for matches.

Just an idea. Really there is no wrong answer here, just different ways of getting things done really. No gimmick in that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Good discussion.  I really like Molle with malice clip attachments.  Rock solid but a pain to set up with some gear

Pic of belt setup

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:43:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Baq] [#43]
View Quote

I moved away from a fixed Med pouch on the back of the Belt and went to a fanny Pack that rides "above" the belt.
That way it can easily be turned from the "dangler" position for vehicle and sitting to the 6o clock position for prone stuff.

I have everything behind 3/9 o clock empty if the fanny pack is in the front.

Best of both worlds imho.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Baq:

I moved away from a fixed Med pouch on the back of the Belt and went to a fanny Pack that rides "above" the belt.
That way it can easily be turned from the "dangler" position for vehicle and sitting to the 6o clock position for prone stuff.

View All Quotes

Cool idea!

I was thinking about making a fanny pack just because. Now I have a good reason to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 5:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NBCguy] [#45]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 6:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#46]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Good discussion.  I really like Molle with malice clip attachments.  Rock solid but a pain to set up with some gear

Pic of belt setup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/Screen_Shot_2022-11-28_at_12_38_06_PM_pn-2710598.JPG
View Quote

I think that I am going to get the HSG Operator Belt, a hybrid of a regular belt with molle.

Pic thread:

Esstac
HSG
Safariland
SBF Custom Kydex
ATS
SKD
And some made in the USA dump pouch that I forget the make and model. It's on the back, a molle set up and a giant PITA to get on but not as much of a hassle that one wrap was with that belt and pad combination.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Neat idea

I’ll think that over
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

I think that I am going to get the HSG Operator Belt, a hybrid of a regular belt with molle.

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/fC3Ht1B.jpg

Esstac
HSG
Safariland
SBF Custom Kydex
ATS
SKD
And some made in the USA dump pouch that I forget the make and model. It's on the back, a molle set up and a giant PITA to get on but not as much of a hassle that one wrap was with that belt and pad combination.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

Pic of belt setup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/Screen_Shot_2022-11-28_at_12_38_06_PM_pn-2710598.JPG

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/fC3Ht1B.jpg

Esstac
HSG
Safariland
SBF Custom Kydex
ATS
SKD

Looks good
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#49]
This is an Assault Belt, not really a Patrol Belt.

Bison Belt
Esstac KYWI mag Pouches
ESEE Izula fixed blade
I Dont remember the brand of dump pouch (feels like a Fight Light, but not the current model)
ATS Medical Pouch-Small
Fight Light 5.56 Double Mag Pouch
First Spear General Purpose Pocket 6/9 (Leatherman Super Tool 300)
Safariland ALS mid ride
Soil Eater with SOF Tactical Tourniquet-Wide (SOFTT-W) Gen 5

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:15:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Got my first belt after reading through this thread and hearing all the great reviews I went with the Esstac enhanced shooters 1.75
Just messing with it i am really impressed with how well thought out and put together it is.  Hope to get it set up this weekend.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top