BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:
Ok...got an Esstac enhanced belt in my shopping cart...any other belts that I should really be considering for a first belt?

Esstac comes with inner and outer belt for the same cost that many just sell the outer, so its seems like a great bang for the buck.

View Quote

Nope. Esstac only.

Add Kywi gap pistol and one or two midlength rifle pouches
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Nope. Esstac only.

View Quote

Thats just the type of shill response I was hoping for.

If I select one wrap as the attachment type does that mean they'll include the wrap itself or will I need to pick some up as well?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]

If I select one wrap as the attachment type does that mean they'll include the wrap itself or will I need to pick some up as well?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nope. Esstac only.

Nope if you select it, they will send it with the pouches
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Nope. Esstac only.

Done.

I have an enhanced shooter's belt, 2011 double pistol GAP Kywi pouch and a 5.56 double Kywi midlength pouches headed my way.

That at least gets me started and gives me a little more gear to use at APC range days.

I noticed that Esstac sells through Amazon, so I'll likely order future stuff through there to get a few bucks tossed towards the APC at the same time.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my enhanced shooters belt. Also check out a horizontal mag pouch. They're for special people.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
I really like my enhanced shooters belt. Also check out a horizontal mag pouch. They're for special people.
View Quote

Both my momma and my wife say I'm special!

This is my first belt, so much like carry holsters I'm sure I'll end up with a bunch of stuff that didn't work out so great in pursuit of the perfect setup.

Figured I was safe with a relatively standard pouch setup to start with.

Also gonna pick up a couple shotgun cards for my 870...may as well Esstac all the things.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#8]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

I would be very careful ordering brand name products off of Amazon. I have ordered stuff that I thought was real, but it was a copy. I got a fake Surefire light, and a fake set of Ameriglo sights. I'll just order direct for stuff I care about now.

View Quote

Yes, I'm aware that's an issue with places like Amazon and Ebay.

It looks like the gear I'm seeing listed are shipped and sold by Amazon via Esstac, so I should be good to go. I certainly wouldn't order any open box/warehouse deal items though as those will likely have the highest possibility of being a fake.

The biggest reason I would order via Amazon is to toss a little money toward the APC via my Amazon Smile donations.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Croak:
Have one of these and the inner belt on order.  Pretty much designed with One-Wrap in mind, and I do like the slick exterior.

https://defensemechanisms.com/mech-battle-belt/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emgs0d2PuVs
View Quote

Was going to get an Esstac but that looks really interesting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:34:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#10]
Finally get to post in this thread
Blue Alpha 1.75 belt, no molle
Blue alpha TQ holder
Enhanced inner belt (wearing it)
Safariland ALS for M&P with Trl HL. Currently hate the dropped offset mount but I’ll see if I want to replace it
Esstac double pistol. Yes I know the risk of reloading a multi tool but realistically pistol is back up snd I’m low speed
Esstac low rifle
hSGI taco.
All one-wrap. Holy shit that’s sooo much easier than all the old school competition stuff.
Not 100% sold on this whole thing snd it weighs in at ~8 pounds, which seems like a lot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Finally get to post in this thread
Blue Alpha 1.75 belt, no molle
Blue alpha TQ holder
Enhanced inner belt (wearing it)
Safariland ALS for M&P with Trl HL. Currently hate the dropped offset mount but I’ll see if I want to replace it
Esstac double pistol. Yes I know the risk of reloading a multi tool but realistically pistol is back up snd I’m low speed
Esstac low rifle
hSGI taco.
All one-wrap. Holy shit that’s sooo much easier than all the old school competition stuff.
Not 100% sold on this whole thing snd it weighs in at ~8 pounds, which seems like a lot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/9797E713-20A9-4454-93B1-2D805964209B_jpe-2556916.JPG
View Quote

Im glad you recognized the multitool issue, you can offset that with a double pistol taco and separate your tools and ammo.
Ammo and firearms add weight to any belt. Wear it, use it and get used to it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Im glad you recognized the multitool issue, you can offset that with a double pistol taco and separate your tools and ammo.
Ammo and firearms add weight to any belt. Wear it, use it and get used to it.
View Quote

Yeah not sure I need 2 pistol mags. I have some more tacos I can try
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah not sure I need 2 pistol mags. I have some more tacos I can try
View Quote

Let me ask you this, what is your envisioned purpose for the belt?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Let me ask you this, what is your envisioned purpose for the belt?
View Quote

Grab-and-go Hd, cul de sac defense. Backing up a slick chest rig and Sig rattler.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Grab-and-go Hd, cul de sac defense. Backing up a slick chest rig and Sig rattler.
View Quote

Play with your mags but you should be good. I  can't dictate what the best number of anything is, just that mixing tools and mags isn't a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 5:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#16]
The wizards at Esstac managed to convince USPS to deliver mail today...so this was on my doorstep when I got home from work:

Esstac Enhanced Shooter's Belt, double gap 2011 Kywi and midlength double rifle Kywi.

Holster is a Safariland 578 GLS with QLS on a QUBL belt loop.

I previously decided to change out the holster for something that will will be light compatible, but I'll keep using this one in the meantime.

Since it will fit a variety of pistols it will probably turn into a loaner holster.

After a couple of practice draws with the new belt I'll probably ditch the adjustable belt loop too. The bottom of the holster pulls away a lot more now and I can see that cause a hang up on draw.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
The wizards at Esstac managed to convince USPS to deliver mail today...so this was on my doorstep when I got home from work:

https://i.imgur.com/eB9n4RJ.jpeg

Esstac Enhanced Shooter's Belt, double gap 2011 Kywi and midlength double rifle Kywi.

Holster is a Safariland 578 GLS with QLS on a QUBL belt loop.

I previously decided to change out the holster for something that will will be light compatible, but I'll keep using this one in the meantime.

Since it will fit a variety of pistols it will probably turn into a loaner holster.

After a couple of practice draws with the new belt I'll probably ditch the adjustable belt loop too. The bottom of the holster pulls away a lot more now and I can see that cause a hang up on draw.
View Quote

Why did you get 2011 inserts for an XD?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Why did you get 2011 inserts for an XD?
View Quote

Because my XD was made in 2011?

According to Esstac the 2011 inserts work well for any double stack metal mag so I figured I'd give them a go.

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
How are you all hanging your gloves?
View Quote

Man I had a great option for you but I don't think they make them anymore. It was just a strip of your choice camo with a hook.

@-esstac this might be a really simple idea for you guys. Sorry this is the best picture I have on my phone but it was just a stitched piece of camo with a metal hook

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Man I had a great option for you but I don't think they make them anymore. It was just a strip of your choice camo with a hook.

@-esstac this might be a really simple idea for you guys. Sorry this is the best picture I have on my phone but it was just a stitched piece of camo with a metal hook

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20221010_225046-2559090.jpg
View Quote

You can do that with one wrap
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20221010_225046-2559090.jpg

Yep.

I plan on using an HK style sling hook and some one wrap.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:46:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Have one of these and the inner belt on order.  Pretty much designed with One-Wrap in mind, and I do like the slick exterior.

View Quote

Nice!

Too bad they don't offer at least a "D" ring stitch into it.  Helos aren't the only thing you might want to be connected to.  When in some fast boats it's an option when at a station in the big chop  vs. buckled in a seat , if there is a seat, a high perch etc.   Just put  "use at your own risk " / " Not a primary retention point" One could always run a carabiner around the whole belt through a molle section.

An additional hook/loop inner pad would be nice as well when not using the inner belt i.e for when things go bump in the night duty. Grab and go!  

Again very nice.  I might have to say goodbye to the TYR/VTAC molle belt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I have a Blue Alpha Gear hanger, it works.

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/blue-alpha-belt-lanyard/
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yeah but camo designs
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Visigothic:

Nice!

Too bad they don't offer at least a "D" ring stitch into it.  Helos aren't the only thing you might want to be connected to.  When in some fast boats it's an option when at a station in the big chop  vs. buckled in a seat , if there is a seat, a high perch etc.   Just put  "use at your own risk " / " Not a primary retention point" One could always run a carabiner around the whole belt through a molle section.

An additional hook/loop inner pad would be nice as well when not using the inner belt i.e for when things go bump in the night duty. Grab and go!  

View All Quotes

Nice!

It's not made as a suspension belt, no sense making it look like it is, and "at your own risk" never ever stopped a lawyer.  Less pretensions about that sort of thing, the better.

Little birdy says they're coming out with a wider, grippy inner belt for operating in jammies.  And there's always the option of the VTAC suspenders.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Yeah but camo designs
View All Quotes

Yeah but camo designs

One word regarding glove clips:

Grimloc
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Grimloc
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I use an S-hook for my gloves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Grimloc
View All Quotes

Yeah but camo designs

Grimloc

That's what I do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Great ideas. No MOLLE on my Esstac belt so I'll have to figure something out.
View Quote

I might just throw an S biner on a zip tie. I bet that’s enough
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

The canteen/GP pouch may be one of the better things to come out of Natick.
View Quote
Im from Natick.  Im pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice!

View Quote

Got one ordered. Showed in-stock but no shipping notice yet so hopefully won't take a month. My 1st belt so won't have anything to compare it to but the concept looks solid.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#35]

It's not made as a suspension belt, no sense making it look like it is, and "at your own risk" never ever stopped a lawyer.  Less pretensions about that sort of thing, the better.

Little birdy says they're coming out with a wider, grippy inner belt for operating in jammies.  And there's always the option of the VTAC suspenders.
View Quote

YES, You are right.  After looking at it's construction it's just designed for hanging gear on.  The tegris material  probably only has 25% the linear strength of webbing despite it's rigidity, not that it's weak, it's just not designed as a tether device.  The molle and nylon fabric aren't enough to give any real tensile strength needed for a safe retention system.  

A great looking and designed belt none the less for it's intent.    

Now that we have the pajama operations covered with the wider inner belt maybe they can squeeze  some 2" webbing between the tegris and molle with a #25 D-ring buckle for some other load options. If that were possible I think they would have all the bases covered by way of product evolution.

I really like this direction they are going in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

Yep.  They're great.  Pic thread:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

I moved to a Truenorth rig and prefer it to the safariland mount.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/9169934B-E868-428E-9675-0A12F2594AC0_jpe-2338088.JPG
But I did move my safariland mid-ride to my single belt system and here’s how I thread it.  It was very stable this way with inner and outer belt.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/B58926BB-2640-44E2-BBD2-3DE8871E75CF_jpe-2338089.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
Originally Posted By R3L04D:
Those of y'all using the mid-drop attachment for Safariland holsters + inner/outer belt setups - do y'all run the inner belt through the loops on the holster? I think my outer belt is too stiff to work for that.

Just got a new belt and never had to deal with this before

I moved to a Truenorth rig and prefer it to the safariland mount.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/9169934B-E868-428E-9675-0A12F2594AC0_jpe-2338088.JPG
But I did move my safariland mid-ride to my single belt system and here’s how I thread it.  It was very stable this way with inner and outer belt.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/B58926BB-2640-44E2-BBD2-3DE8871E75CF_jpe-2338089.JPG

The True North looks nice.  I run a Qore pad on the SL UBL for comfort and some air flow.  Otherwise the TN is very attractive.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Fairweather:
Typically the inner belt goes through the belt loops on your pants, replacing your regular pants belt. So it both holds your pants up and services as an anchor for the outer belt. The outer belt has the holster (and your other gear) mounted on it. The idea is that the outer belt can be removed without having to remove the inner belt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fairweather:
Originally Posted By R3L04D:
Those of y'all using the mid-drop attachment for Safariland holsters + inner/outer belt setups - do y'all run the inner belt through the loops on the holster? I think my outer belt is too stiff to work for that.

Just got a new belt and never had to deal with this before
Typically the inner belt goes through the belt loops on your pants, replacing your regular pants belt. So it both holds your pants up and services as an anchor for the outer belt. The outer belt has the holster (and your other gear) mounted on it. The idea is that the outer belt can be removed without having to remove the inner belt.

Bingo
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

You are one of the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acegunner:
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
Blu Alpha Belt
Dara Holster
Blue Alpha TQ holder
Esstac KYWIs

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276753/20220412_210923_jpg-2347159.JPG

You are one of the first people to have that TQ holder. It was just released like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Give us a review after you run around in it a bit. And maybe some close up pics. Does it feel snug, yet easy enough to pull the TQ out of?

@acegunner The attachment is gtg.  I run mine vertically due to space.  The TQ and pen are going nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:

Yep.
https://i.imgur.com/NjDNzDO.jpg
View Quote

@SuperStormBryan

Do you have a post outlining your whole setup? I am very interested in the belt/harness.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Nonchalance:

@SuperStormBryan

Do you have a post outlining your whole setup? I am very interested in the belt/harness.
View Quote

@Nonchalance

Its an ATS Warbelt, the bundle with the tearaway IFAK and a set of Tactical Tailor suspenders, they're kind of stupid expensive for suspenders but very comfortable under a carrier.

Kit left to right:

- Grimlock to hold gloves
- 2x Eagle M9 pouches, the ones with kydex, new surplus
- 2x Blackhawk pistol pouches, I'd like to have one retained with a flap and one for my torch, new surplus
- 2x Tactical Tailor double M4
- ATS micro dump pouch
- ATS tearaway IFAK
- ATS small GP
- Blackhawk!!1! holster, for the P320
- NAR TQ, going to replace that with a Tactical Tailor one next time I put in order somewhere that carries them
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got my Blue Alpha MOLLE belt in and all setup. So far, it seems like a solid belt at a great price and short lead time.

Not wild about the slack belt keep, but I’ll probably get used to it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Just got my Blue Alpha MOLLE belt in and all setup. So far, it seems like a solid belt at a great price and short lead time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/CB0A77AB-3989-416D-A4F4-51CE72E079F6_jpe-2564055.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/C5382CC3-1A9A-494D-BB69-0085BB4D8D58_jpe-2564057.JPG
View Quote

Nice looking setup. What brand holster?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/CB0A77AB-3989-416D-A4F4-51CE72E079F6_jpe-2564055.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/C5382CC3-1A9A-494D-BB69-0085BB4D8D58_jpe-2564057.JPG

It's a Safariland
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a new AXL Eclipse but no inner belt. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#46]
Originally Posted By 9mmkungfu:
I have a new AXL Eclipse but no inner belt. Any recommendations?
View Quote

Their inner belt should be out shortly if you want to wait
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

Their inner belt should be out shortly if you want to wait
View Quote

I can wait. I had watched a YouTube review of the belt and the reviewer didn't seem to be a fan of the inner, so I thought I'd look around at other options.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 9mmkungfu:

I can wait. I had watched a YouTube review of the belt and the reviewer didn't seem to be a fan of the inner, so I thought I'd look around at other options.
View Quote

These are pretty well regarded:

https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/low-profile-velcro-inner-edc-belt/
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Some people like thicker inner belts they can use for edc. I honestly prefer thinner ones since I don't edc with the inner belts. I can get everything a bit tighter that way. Honestly that's simply personal preference
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Some people like thicker inner belts they can use for edc. I honestly prefer thinner ones since I don't edc with the inner belts. I can get everything a bit tighter that way. Honestly that's simply personal preference
View Quote

Same here, and an exposed Velcro belt is just yuck in street clothes.  Save that shit for the range or operating operationally.  

The need to have a Velcro inner as your EDC belt so you can don a battle belt right quick is pretty damned limited for most folks.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top