Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
kinda looks like the esstac smaller radio pouch?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Nice! Tell us about that radio pouch.
kinda looks like the esstac smaller radio pouch?

Motorolla XRP6550 Radio Pouch.

Seems to fit my TYT.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Baq] [#2]
Let the new Guy show off his first Line gear

- MD Textil (German Brand) Inner and Outer Belt. The outer Belt works just fine alone as long as the thigh strap is in position.
- TRex Arms Ragnarock for Glock w/ light
- Safariland UBL Mid ride
- TRex Thigh Strap
- Glock 19x with Streamlight TLR1-HL
- leatherman pouch with Tool
- HSGI double Pistol Taco with 2x 19rd Mag
- HSGI double decker Taco with PMAG, empty Pistol. Can be used for dedicated Knife or flashlight but so far i had no need for either.

- Helikon Tex fanny pack
- includes North american Rescute "throw kit" IFAK
- additional israeli bandage
- 2 Lightsticks
- Sharpy and lighter

I have never been happy with belt mounted IFAKs, they are either uncomfortable sitting when mounted on the back or take up too much real estate when mounted on the site.
I am very happy with this solution: the pack sits very comfortable, can be used without the belt and just thrown in the range back / backpack when i go hiking / hunting without this belt.
In addition it takes 3s to pull the hole Thing around and have it hang on my back if i stay in prone for rest after LARPING too hard.

Edit: apparently i am too stupid to put in pictures the right way.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
May as well add mine to this thread. I'm very happy with the esstac gear.

This is specifically for 2 gun events...so I am going very minimal. I have holsters for a light and multi tool and IFAK, but I don't want to lug all that around for a 2 gun match. Just gun and mags.

Esstac enhanced shooters belt w/inner belt
Esstac double gap pistol pouches
Esstac single shorty rifle pouch X2 (didn't want to get the double in case I ever want to just run one rifle mag for weight).
Glock 19 with Safariland ALS

Optional: Fenix PD35 with holster, Gerber multi tool with holster, then IFAK with QuickClot and bandages etc.

I'm experimenting between the esstac belt loops with adhesive Velcro added, or one-wrap. I kind of like that I can slide things around a bit with the belt loops when needed, as the one wrap doesn't allow that...but the one wrap works well too.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Once you start doing non-flat range things with that belt, the movement of those loops will drive you nuts. Even if you manage to make them stick somehow, they're still "secure" like they could be.

Onewrap is the way. It is the master race. It is god's will.
View Quote

The penguin is correct
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Once you start doing non-flat range things with that belt, the movement of those loops will drive you nuts. Even if you manage to make them stick somehow, they're still "secure" like they could be.

View Quote

This.

I have to fight this battle constantly with leather gear and belt keepers. Even with keepers stuff migrates around with activities.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:
May as well add mine to this thread. I'm very happy with the esstac gear.

This is specifically for 2 gun events...so I am going very minimal. I have holsters for a light and multi tool and IFAK, but I don't want to lug all that around for a 2 gun match. Just gun and mags.

Esstac enhanced shooters belt w/inner belt
Esstac double gap pistol pouches
Esstac single shorty rifle pouch X2 (didn't want to get the double in case I ever want to just run one rifle mag for weight).
Glock 19 with Safariland ALS

Optional: Fenix PD35 with holster, Gerber multi tool with holster, then IFAK with QuickClot and bandages etc.

I'm experimenting between the esstac belt loops with adhesive Velcro added, or one-wrap. I kind of like that I can slide things around a bit with the belt loops when needed, as the one wrap doesn't allow that...but the one wrap works well too.

https://i.imgur.com/2J6XXlo.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/8rHXWBF.jpeg

This.

I learned this at Cola. Stu told me he designed those belt clips to be used with a regular person belt. Like "Hey I want to toss a kywi on my leather belt while wearing jeans"

One wrap gets you better positioning and better adhesion to the belt
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Mine was quick. No issues.
View Quote
Finally shipped Thursday, be here monday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Whomever recommended the ATS single pistol magazine to use as a flashlight for me, appreciate it. Mine arrived the other day and I just now had the time to go through the mail. Quality is really nice, feels light yet sturdy but I do have one question tho. What's up with that weird molle way to weave and how is it supposed to stay secured?

I'mma bit perplexed right now
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#12]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
Whomever recommended the ATS single pistol magazine to use as a flashlight for me, appreciate it. Mine arrived the other day and I just now had the time to go through the mail. Quality is really nice, feels light yet sturdy but I do have one question tho. What's up with that weird molle way to weave and how is it supposed to stay secured?

View Quote

I bought a double pistol pouch and received it last week to use as a flashlight and multi tool combo pouch. I cut the molle straps off and used one wrap. The pouch sits a hell of a lot better with one wrap than it did with the molle straps!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#13]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I bought a double pistol pouch and received it last week to use as a flashlight and multi tool combo pouch. I cut the molle straps off and used one wrap. The pouch sits a hell of a lot better with one wrap than it did with the molle straps!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/87449BFB-DC3C-486B-B0C4-416CFA95EC8A_jpe-2303860.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483179/87449BFB-DC3C-486B-B0C4-416CFA95EC8A_jpe-2303860.JPG

That's what I ended up doing too, though I just tucked in that strap.

One wrap is always the answer these days
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grizzlygunner999] [#14]
Put together my esstac belt and pouches tonight. I am really pleased with the esstac gear and the safriland 6354DO. I had to buy and light for my glock so all said done im about $500 into the battle belt project Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By grizzlygunner999:
Put together my esstac belt and pouches tonight. I am really pleased with the esstac gear and the safriland 6354DO. I had to buy and light for my glock so all said done im about $500 into the battle belt project https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175418_jpg-2305311.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175430_jpg-2305312.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175600_jpg-2305313.JPG

View Quote

I like it a lot!   Interesting that you have pistol mags with bullets forward, but rifle mag with bullets aft.   Was that for the picture or is that how you run it?  Just thinking of the loading cycle and how you manipulate the mag into the magwell of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Deere_John_16:

I like it a lot!   Interesting that you have pistol mags with bullets forward, but rifle mag with bullets aft.   Was that for the picture or is that how you run it?  Just thinking of the loading cycle and how you manipulate the mag into the magwell of the rifle.
View Quote
I reach back grab the back of the mag rotate the mag up and forward in magwell.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I reach back grab the back of the mag rotate the mag up and forward in magwell.
View Quote

I see it now, the mag rotates a full 180 forward while the pistol mags make more of a conventional 180 "twist" side to side.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Esstac all the things.

https://esstac.com/enhanced-shooters-belt-1-75/
View All Quotes
What is good belt , I just ordered a 6354do with a ubl mid.
Esstac all the things.

https://esstac.com/enhanced-shooters-belt-1-75/

Really enjoy Blue Alpha belts.

My mag holders are Esstac
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Put together my esstac belt and pouches tonight. I am really pleased with the esstac gear and the safriland 6354DO. I had to buy and light for my glock so all said done im about $500 into the battle belt project https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175418_jpg-2305311.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175430_jpg-2305312.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/463612/20220307_175600_jpg-2305313.JPG

View Quote

Add a second AR mag but looks great!
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#20]

You might be new here, but this ain't your first rodeo.

That's an excellent rig. Only thing I would recommend is double-triple checking your passive retention screw on that t-rex holster. It's a good holster, but I've seen many blasters hit the deck when you run/jump/roll/fall/etc when using that specific holster.

Was doing night training up in KY last year and 2 different guys had glocks escape during drills. They're both running Safariland ALS now.
View Quote

Yup.  Love mine for flat range, its fast.  But hell if my blaster didnt hit the deck, even after tightening down my retention.  At a Field Craft course no less.  

I now primarily run a Safariland Retention.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 5:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#21]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

None. Onewrap
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

None. Onewrap

Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

One wrap is correct

Seeing posts like these, I went out and picked up a box of 3M scotch brand binding strap .75wide in a 12' length. Same stuff as one wraps I think?

Wow, so much better than the webbing/malice clips I was using. Thanks guys!

I also bought some 2" wide adhesive backed velcro and put it both inside and outside the bladetech techlock and that made a big difference as well.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I've missed this thread! I took a couple of months break from ARF. (That's my savings plan!)
Nice to see new stuff posted.

@DaveM4P99
You mentioned a holster for your Fenix light. What is it and do you have a pic? I usually don't run a light on my belt, but am interested in the option. I use that light and it's usually just in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
@stoner01

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108584/sketch-1647111410158-2310842.jpg

2 805s or 2 White Claws
View Quote

My math was wrong, I figured 3 would be max. Good to know.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#25]
Originally Posted By acegunner:
I've missed this thread! I took a couple of months break from ARF. (That's my savings plan!)
Nice to see new stuff posted.

@DaveM4P99
You mentioned a holster for your Fenix light. What is it and do you have a pic? I usually don't run a light on my belt, but am interested in the option. I use that light and it's usually just in my pocket.
View Quote

Oh it's just the black nylon holster that came with the Fenix PD35. It has a big belt loop that works well and a Velcro flap on top to secure it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Esstac Goodness…..
Cp
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#27]
Shit double Tap …. My bad.
Cp
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Anybody have belts set up for their wives or significant others? My wife said she wants one and I’m looking for ideas. Space would prob be limited due to waist size, just looking for ideas
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ToDDxTyBoy:
Anybody have belts set up for their wives or significant others? My wife said she wants one and I’m looking for ideas. Space would prob be limited due to waist size, just looking for ideas
View Quote

some pages back, a member posted a his and hers, and showed hers with her wearing it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

The AXL Advanced belt can be sized down to Kate Moss levels.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Wife runs a solid leather belt with a hoster and mag pouches. Her hips be wide so battlw belt sizing is weird.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:16:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancewood] [#32]

Details on mini medical pouch? And is that a TQ pouch adjacent?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]

I also want details on mini med pouch.  fess up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Putting one together currently for mine. The Blue Alpha Gear belt will be delivered tomorrow and I already have all the esstac mag pouched, a dump pouch and for now we will use an existing TRex Arms holster for her M&P9 with a TLR light.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#35]
The esstac pouches arrived today for her. She likes my Safariland holster so I’ll be getting that for her and I’m waiting for the aws smu to go on sale again. I’m trying to set hers to mirror mine but I won’t know how much space is available until I get the belt.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#36]
Originally Posted By Lancewood: and HAMBURGERATTACK

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lancewood: and HAMBURGERATTACK

The Mini Med pouch is a BFG BooBoo Pouch. I use it Earplugs, a Combat Gauze and an HH and a few band-aides for...... You guessed it, BooBoo's. (The only Non-ESSTAC pouch)
The other pouch next to it is an Old School Esstac Single Mag Pouch with Lid. Dont think "Stu and Co." even make them anymore. I have squirreled away several for the impending apocalypse. I use it for a Multi-tool.

Also the belt pads for those who have IM'd me are from Qore Performace ICE VENTS, I am finding the comfort of a padded belt very helpful, especially when moving over longer distances.
The easy adjustment of the ESSTAC Enhanced Shooters belt (being able to adjust both sides at the buckle) it allows me to make a quick adjustment and still keep everything centered up on my beltline and have a choice whether to run it with an inner-belt or just over whatever trouser belt I may be wearing, and choose whether to run it padded or not and make those adjustments in a matter of a couple seconds without removing pouches.
This is a big plus for me.
chuck
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Sweet. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Esstac shooters belt or enhanced shooter belt? Which one should I get?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
View Quote

I've had both, I like the enhanced better.

It's both lighter and stiffer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Enhanced. I own both, you'd want the enhanced.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadeintheUSA] [#41]
Blue Alpha MOLLE outer and inner belt, HSGI tacos, Safariland with QLS, True North nub and mid ride holster attachment, Condor IFAK tear away pouch, condor drop pounce, and G19 gen 3 and TLR-1.

Edit - I kind of wish I went with Esstac Kywi holsters.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]
His and hers. For now at least, I’m working on a TQ and IFAK for hers now.
This will also double as a backup belt for me if needed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Does anyone use the Esstac outer belt with the HSGI micro grip belt panel?  I'm think of using it as a bump in the night thing/quick grab vs taking the time to thread in the Esstac inner belt like normal.

They make it with either hook or loop...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Does anyone use the Esstac outer belt with the HSGI micro grip belt panel?  I'm think of using it as a bump in the night thing/quick grab vs taking the time to thread in the Esstac inner belt like normal.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/media/catalog/product/9/5/95mglxbk-1_1_1.jpg?optimize=low&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=500&width=500&canvas=500:500
View Quote

I run both my belts with that around the house. Haven't had any reason to stop
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:50:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jibles] [#45]

https://www.highspeedgear.com/media/catalog/product/9/5/95mglxbk-1_1_1.jpg?optimize=low&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=500&width=500&canvas=500:500
View Quote

I have one for my belt. Fits securely over a t-shirt, running shorts, sweatpants, etc. It adds almost zero bulk so you may not even need to readjust your belt when using the pad or an inner belt. Just pay attention to the sizing and probably get a size up from what you think you'll need. My belt is 40" from buckle to buckle and I had the 30" pad and it leaves just the right amount of space in the front.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Jibles:

I have one for my belt. Fits securely over a t-shirt, running shorts, sweatpants, etc. It adds almost zero bulk so you may not even need to readjust your belt when using the pad or an inner belt. Just pay attention to the sizing and probably get a size up from what you think you'll need. My belt is 40" from buckle to buckle and I had the 30" pad and it leaves just the right amount of space in the front.
View Quote

Thanks, this will help.  I'm about 40" on a tape, so I just need see where I want the pad to end....(either 31" or 35")  Right now I think a 35" should work, but I will wait until I have my belt setup to double check.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I use it when it's colder and I have a jacket that goes below my belt. Works great.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Baq] [#48]
You might be new here, but this ain't your first rodeo.
That's an excellent rig. Only thing I would recommend is double-triple checking your passive retention screw on that t-rex holster. It's a good holster, but I've seen many blasters hit the deck when you run/jump/roll/fall/etc when using that specific holster.
View Quote

I have been larping a little bit by now but i am still learning a lot

With the retention screw you mean the bottom screw that produce the "click" sound correct ?

I will pay close attention to the TRex Holster and try to get some Movements in that i dont regularly get at the range like roll and jump.
So far at least my version sits very snug, from the factory it was even too tight.

Thank you for the tip !
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

No experience with the Enhanced, but I've used the shit out of the Standard and it's holding up great. It's plenty stiff enough for my use, and the weight difference is negligible. The cost difference will buy you 1.5 5.56 KYWI pouches.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top