Originally Posted By stoner01:

How you liking the JSTA? Was thinking about getting one as a grab pouch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108584/20210928_182734-2110269.jpg

Finally finished, got the S&S belt loop and the JSTA and LBX med pouch in today.

Eagle belt
Spiritus JSTA and double mag insert
S&S SMR
LBX Med Pouch
Safariland Single leg shroud with QLS and ELS

Not pictured is an Eleven10 CAT holster

ELS can mount a shotgun shell holder or baton.

How you liking the JSTA? Was thinking about getting one as a grab pouch

I'm not Joe but mine just came and I'm in the air on it. It's a super intelligently designed pouch and I'm pumped somebody was finally smart enough to put munitions BEHIND a gp style pouch, but I'm not sure of how to use this in a way that makes sense. I'm not a fan of stuff like this hanging from a belt and IMO this pouch was designed to be belt mounted. Gonna wear it around a bit and see if I can use it to streamline my gear some a bit more. Side note I wish someone would do a pouch designed for inside the cummerbund with mesh lining on the body side for radios.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Literally just got it last night and mounted it.

Wanted to give it a try since I never seem to have enough pockets at work.
View Quote

What the hell. You're supposed to have a full review by now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Did you ever do a review of the dump pouch you got from RLS?
View Quote

I'm still wait8ng on shit to put a belt together. New belt, new reviews
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BePhreed] [#6]
Spiritus JSTA
View Quote

I didn't know those existed until now. Really like it.

Now that I'm out and no longer have a need for a large dump pouch nor need to worry about wearing it in trucks (I would wear it at 7 or 8 o'clock with rifle insert), this seem to be a space saver and a great fit for a shot timer/spare ammo/tape/etc. for matches and range days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't remember if I posted mine before so here we go:

Esstac inner/outer belt
Esstac Gap pistol mag holder
Esstac "naked" mid height AR mag holder
T-Rex Dump pouch
Copy of a TRex med pouch
CAT TQ holder
Safariland 6390RDS for Sig 320X
True North Modular Holster Adapter

The True North Adapter is the best purchase on the belt, the mag carriers, belt, holster, etc. are all great but man, that holster adapter is the cat's ass.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread has forced me to start putting together a war belt, so thanks for that

It's still in it's early stages but here's how it sits now:

Blue Alpha Gear belt
Safariland 6390RDS for Glock
2x Haley Strategic Pistol Mag Pouches
2x Haley Strategic Rifle Mag Pouches

I went with the Haley Strategic mag pouches since a Staccato P is next on my list, and dont really want to swap out inserts.

A single rifle mag seems to be the popular option here, but I went with two since I do not have a plate carrier or chest rig right now, so what's on the belt is what I have.

I'm currently planning on a Blue Force Gear dump pouch, Micro TKN, Tourniquet hammock, and a True North holster adapter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
This thread has forced me to start putting together a war belt, so thanks for that

Blue Alpha Gear belt

https://i.postimg.cc/Bv5ymQ10/20211004-202044-1.jpg

I went with the Haley Strategic mag pouches since a Staccato P is next on my list, and dont really want to swap out inserts.

A single rifle mag seems to be the popular option here, but I went with two since I do not have a plate carrier or chest rig right now, so what's on the belt is what I have.

I'm currently planning on a Blue Force Gear dump pouch, Micro TKN, Tourniquet hammock, and a True North holster adapter.
View Quote

Hows the retention for those plastic mags? I had to do surgery on my haley pistol pouches to get them to play nice with my metal vp9 mags.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

Hows the retention for those plastic mags? I had to do surgery on my haley pistol pouches to get them to play nice with my metal vp9 mags.
View All Quotes

Blue Alpha Gear belt

https://i.postimg.cc/Bv5ymQ10/20211004-202044-1.jpg

Tight. Very tight on glock mags. Right now I'd say they're uncomfortably tight, you can pull mags out with a hearty tug but inserting a mag requires a fair amount of force.

They claim that the pouches will "break in" a bit and be easier to work with after use, I hope that's the case.

On the flip side, I really like the rifle mag pouches.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Tight. Very tight on glock mags. Right now I'd say they're uncomfortably tight, you can pull mags out with a hearty tug but inserting a mag requires a fair amount of force.

They claim that the pouches will "break in" a bit and be easier to work with after use, I hope that's the case.

View Quote

The rifle mag pouch is pure sex.

I shoved multitools in the pistol mag pouches sideways to get them to stretch out. I was finally able to draw my mags, but having metal mags was just too much retention for me. I cut out the rubbery part on the outside part of the internals and now they actually work really well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]

I shoved multitools in the pistol mag pouches sideways to get them to stretch out. I was finally able to draw my mags, but having metal mags was just too much retention for me. I cut out the rubbery part on the outside part of the internals and now they actually work really well.
View All Quotes

That's a good thing to know. I'll probably shove the biggest mags I have in there and let them be for a bit to hopefully loosen a bit, I'm just worried about going too far.

I can draw the mags out alright, you have to mean it, but you can get the mags out. Inserting them is more challenging, almost a two handed event.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Esstac inner/outer belt
T-Rex Dump pouch
Copy of a TRex med pouch
CAT TQ holder

The True North Adapter is the best purchase on the belt, the mag carriers, belt, holster, etc. are all great but man, that holster adapter is the cat's ass.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32264/BattleBelt_jpeg-2118747.JPG
View Quote

That looks familiar!

I'm on the fence hard over one of those True North adapters. On the one hand I don't have any serious complaints about the standard UBL. On the other I wouldn't mind being able to tweak the cant a little, maybe.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

That looks familiar!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11358/20211008_083201-2122242.jpg

I'm on the fence hard over one of those True North adapters. On the one hand I don't have any serious complaints about the standard UBL. On the other I wouldn't mind being able to tweak the cant a little, maybe.
View Quote

CUBL worked for me. On my duty belt I wanted to bring my holster back to neutral drop without the offset of a QLS. For $20 I can't complain.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#15]

That looks familiar!

View All Quotes

Esstac inner/outer belt
T-Rex Dump pouch
Copy of a TRex med pouch
CAT TQ holder

The True North Adapter is the best purchase on the belt, the mag carriers, belt, holster, etc. are all great but man, that holster adapter is the cat's ass.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32264/BattleBelt_jpeg-2118747.JPG

That looks familiar!

Do it.

I got one of the "blemished" one for a few bucks less and after using it I will buy another for my grey belt that I am re-doing from a Tactical Tailor Fight Lite padded belt into a much smaller Wilder Tactical.

You won't regret the purchase. I really like mine. Your belt is an obvious sign that you are man of distinction and discerning taste, the True North adapter would put the final shine on your obviously good decisions to date.

Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#16]

That looks familiar!

View All Quotes

Esstac inner/outer belt
T-Rex Dump pouch
Copy of a TRex med pouch
CAT TQ holder

That looks familiar!

I drilled 2 holes in the ubl on my SLS k frame holster to let it rotate back a little. Worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#17]
Do it.

I got one of the "blemished" one for a few bucks less and after using it I will buy another for my grey belt that I am re-doing from a Tactical Tailor Fight Lite padded belt into a much smaller Wilder Tactical.

You won't regret the purchase. I really like mine. Your belt is an obvious sign that you are man of distinction and discerning taste, the True North adapter would put the final shine on your obviously good decisions to date.

View All Quotes
Do it.

Why, thank you, good sir. I definitely have to try a few things before I settle on what I like. There's lots that works, but only so many things I like. Then sometimes I have to invert that, like with the rifle mag pouch. I started with an Esstac, but use the taco so that I can switch over to 7.62 without changing anything else.

Originally Posted By 03RN:

I drilled 2 holes in the ubl on my SLS k frame holster to let it rotate back a little. Worked perfectly.

Also an option
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Massan] [#18]

View Quote

How do the Haley pouches compare to ARF's favorite of Esstac? It seems like the Haley rifle pouch uses their MP2 insert so does that make it thicker compared to an Esstac?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Massan:

How do the Haley pouches compare to ARF's favorite of Esstac? It seems like the Haley rifle pouch uses their MP2 insert so does that make it thicker compared to an Esstac?
View All Quotes

Where are you in Virginia? The best way is to shoot a match and use them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
VB area, Freedom(Colonial) does small matches once in a while and C2 use to but im not paying their BS prices now. Only other places I see are either in Nova or NC. :/
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is a Blue Alpha Gear belt. I am using a single Esstac pistol pouch with magnet followed by an Esstac double pistol/single rifle pouch. After that is a Wilder Tactical flashlight pouch for a Surefire Dual Fuel Fury. Next is a Maxpedition dump pouch, Blue Force Gear IFAK, and CAT Trap. Next is an HSGI pistol taco where I store a Leatherman. Finally, I have a Safariland 6354DO for a G19 with light on a mid ride UBL.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Ronin belt
kiwis and fastmags
HSGI dumper
KT Mech on G-code

I'm a a gamer, usually slaying balls at a USPSA match, or rarely 3-gun match.  Its interesting for me to put on this gear (including a different pistol than I shoot normally) and run competition based practice drills.    My par times for various things are not far off from full gamer gear.  I think I'll shoot this stuff at the next match.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
I sold my brand new haley rig because the esstac mag pouches are so much better the haley was unusable in comparison. in reality it wasnt that bad, but the esstac is pure sex why downgrade.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavgunner] [#25]

That looks familiar!

View All Quotes

Esstac inner/outer belt
T-Rex Dump pouch
Copy of a TRex med pouch
CAT TQ holder

That looks familiar!

Modify the Safari UBL. I did a pictorial on it. Should be somewhere in this thread

Hold on I’ll get another pic

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Thanks. That's clever and looks well executed. I don't think it offers any improvements of the sort that I'm looking for, however.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I like the lateral size of the true north platform. Doesnt protrude as far and let's me get just a little more space on my belt where I needed it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavgunner] [#28]

Thanks. That's clever and looks well executed. I don't think it offers any improvements of the sort that I'm looking for, however.
View Quote

not my idea btw.

Cheap and easy.

edit

you tweak the cant with the belt clip hole alignment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By cavgunner:

not my idea btw.

Cheap and easy.

edit

View All Quotes

not my idea btw.

Cheap and easy.

edit

If I understand correctly, that would adjust the holster cant by canting the entire UBL?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Modify the Safari UBL. I did a pictorial on it. Should be somewhere in this thread

View Quote

I did something similar and found that the holster wasn't as stable on the belt.  The width of the UBL belt slots kept the holster from torquing during the draw.

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#31]

If I understand correctly, that would adjust the holster cant by canting the entire UBL?
View All Quotes

not my idea btw.

Cheap and easy.

edit

Yes
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 99superduty:

I did something similar and found that the holster wasn't as stable on the belt.  The width of the UBL belt slots kept the holster from torquing during the draw.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 99superduty:

Understood
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Wilder Tactical has a modified UBL that fits 1.75" belts, I am very happy with mine it keeps the 2" loops on the UBL tight on my 1.75" belt.

https://wildertactical.com/belts/holster-attachments/modified-safariland-ubl-mid-ride/
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

Ronin Shuto belt
Esstac Double Pistol GAP Kywi Pouch
Esstac 5.56 Single KYWI Midlength
BFG Belt Mounted Dump Pouch
SilencerCo Suppressor pouch
High Speed Gear med kit
BFG tourniquet holder
Safariland 6390RDS ALS Level I
True North Concepts modular holster adapter
True North Concepts MHA leg strap kit

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Placeholder for my big esstac order and the new holster being on the way. And I'll get around to showing of the m81 dump pouch glock loving redleg graced me with.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
Wilder Tactical has a modified UBL that fits 1.75" belts, I am very happy with mine it keeps the 2" loops on the UBL tight on my 1.75" belt.

https://wildertactical.com/belts/holster-attachments/modified-safariland-ubl-mid-ride/
View Quote

Safariland use to include small basic adapters with their holsters to make their attachments work great with 1.75” belts. Really is a shame they don’t anymore.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]

This has been my relatively unchanged belt for most of the past 5 years of very hard use.  This has gotten me through everything from normal Kit(-) range days to multiple Afghan rotations.

Recently went from a UBL to the True North MHA and so far no complaints.  I have never been a leg strap guy, but I do always complain about holster flip when doing extended stress shoots or CTEs so figured I'd give it a shot as a situational addition.

The only thing not pictured is the breaching shotgun retainer that (situationally dependent) sits in the space between my holster and IFAK.

Also:  big shout out to @GlockLuvinRedleg for the bespoke choccy chip goodness
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#40]
@TBAC Joe,

How do you like the Spiritus JSTA? Thinking about picking one up.

Hows the bulk? Any issue if you roll that way? What are your personal contents?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I meant if you roll on your hips in the prone position for whatever reason, does it inhibit movement.

Thanks for the reply, they look pretty useful as I’m trying to minimize the crap on my belt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Not sure how long it will be before my son fits in this belt but it'll be ready for him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone seeing any real value to going with a belt like the Ferro Concepts Bison or the GBRS three belt with their Tigris (spelling?) skeletal systems?  I guess I can see guys who are running a massive ton of stuff on their belts looking for any weight savings they can get going with them, but really if you're running a pretty minimalist belt set-up I just don't see the value in the weight savings you get.   Or should I be thinking of shaving off every ounce that I can regardless of whether how comfortable I am right now?  I mean I suppose there is an argument that the less weight the less likely you incur injury and help with long term joint health right?  Going back and forth on whether I want to upgrade from my Blue Alpha Gear to a Ferro Bison.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 6:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooooon] [#45]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Anyone seeing any real value to going with a belt like the Ferro Concepts Bison or the GBRS three belt with their Tigris (spelling?) skeletal systems?  I guess I can see guys who are running a massive ton of stuff on their belts looking for any weight savings they can get going with them, but really if you're running a pretty minimalist belt set-up I just don't see the value in the weight savings you get.   Or should I be thinking of shaving off every ounce that I can regardless of whether how comfortable I am right now?  I mean I suppose there is an argument that the less weight the less likely you incur injury and help with long term joint health right?  Going back and forth on whether I want to upgrade from my Blue Alpha Gear to a Ferro Bison.

View Quote
If you’re happy with the equipment you have, don’t change it.  There is always going to be a new shiny object.

I upgraded to a Ferro Concepts Bison Belt from a Blue Alpha Gear / Warrior Poet Society belt last year.  I did so because I was never quite happy with the WPS belt.  I’m left handed, and the lack of molle on the front right of the belt was irritating, because I typically keep a small pouch there.  It was also painful to reconfigure the belt for different purposes.  If I recall correctly, the inner belt annoyed me too.  It is really stiff, and the way it loops back over itself makes the front right kind of thick.  Then when you add the stiff outer belt, you have this thick belt that always seemed to get caught on things (particularly getting into and out of cramped vehicles) that I was never able to configure exactly how I wanted.  It worked great for training and competition, just not for actual work.

When I switched to the Bison belt, the sense of my belt never being exactly right went away.  It’s super slim, very comfortable, rides the way I want it to, and the inner belt is really soft and thin.  Makes working in and around vehicles better for me.  Works fine at work and on the range, and is easier to reconfigure.

So I guess if you were unhappy with the WPS belt I’d say go for it.  But since you are happy, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Caveat:  I receive an annual gear allowance so I didn’t have to buy the Bison belt with my own money.

ETA: Just wanted to add that I think for most people the WPS belt is a great piece of gear.  It is well designed and will last for a long time.  Just because it didn’t end up working well for me doesn’t mean it won’t work perfectly for you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#46]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

View Quote

Originally Posted By hooooon:
If you’re happy with the equipment you have, don’t change it.  There is always going to be a new shiny object.

I upgraded to a Ferro Concepts Bison Belt from a Blue Alpha Gear / Warrior Poet Society belt last year.  I did so because I was never quite happy with the WPS belt.  I’m left handed, and the lack of molle on the front right of the belt was irritating, because I typically keep a small pouch there.  It was also painful to reconfigure the belt for different purposes.  If I recall correctly, the inner belt annoyed me too.  It is really stiff, and the way it loops back over itself makes the front right kind of thick.  Then when you add the stiff outer belt, you have this thick belt that always seemed to get caught on things (particularly getting into and out of cramped vehicles) that I was never able to configure exactly how I wanted.  It worked great for training and competition, just not for actual work.

When I switched to the Bison belt, the sense of my belt never being exactly right went away.  It’s super slim, very comfortable, rides the way I want it to, and the inner belt is really soft and thin.  Makes working in and around vehicles better for me.  Works fine at work and on the range, and is easier to reconfigure.

So I guess if you were unhappy with the WPS belt I’d say go for it.  But since you are happy, I don’t think it’s worth it.

Caveat:  I receive an annual gear allowance so I didn’t have to buy the Bison belt with my own money.

ETA: Just wanted to add that I think for most people the WPS belt is a great piece of gear.  It is well designed and will last for a long time.  Just because it didn’t end up working well for me doesn’t mean it won’t work perfectly for you.
View Quote

As he said, no reason to change unless you want to.

The bison belt is my current favorite belt. It's not about weight savings so much as the slim, super rigid profile of it that I love. That being said, whoever had the idea to use a 1.5" loop lined inner belt against a 2" hook lined outer belt is retarded.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#47]

The bison belt is my current favorite belt. It's not about weight savings so much as the slim, super rigid profile of it that I love. That being said, whoever had the idea to use a 1.5" loop lined inner belt against a 2" hook lined outer belt is retarded.
View Quote
I wouldn’t kick a 1.75” version of the same belt out of bed for eating crackers, but the 1.5” has worked fine for me.  It has held up better than expected, really.  And it’s pretty cheap to replace if it wears out . . . Assuming you can find it in stock.  

Incidentally today I have completed my conversion therapy to tacti-hipster by taking possession of the FCPC V5 and cummerbund.  I need to hurry up and get it filthy so what little street cred I might have doesn’t get tarnished.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I wouldn’t kick a 1.75” version of the same belt out of bed for eating crackers, but the 1.5” has worked fine for me.  It has held up better than expected, really.  And it’s pretty cheap to replace if it wears out . . . Assuming you can find it in stock.  

Incidentally today I have completed my conversion therapy to tacti-hipster by taking possession of the FCPC V5 and cummerbund.  I need to hurry up and get it filthy so what little street cred I might have doesn’t get tarnished.
View All Quotes

I hated the inner belt. I just use my HTC inner belt. The 1.75 inner belt loop has more surface area for contact which does both 1-better retention and 2-less hook material tearing up my combat shirts and stuff
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SWedd523:
https://i.postimg.cc/Jh9S86sW/Battle-Belt.jpg

This has been my relatively unchanged belt for most of the past 5 years of very hard use.  This has gotten me through everything from normal Kit(-) range days to multiple Afghan rotations.

Recently went from a UBL to the True North MHA and so far no complaints.  I have never been a leg strap guy, but I do always complain about holster flip when doing extended stress shoots or CTEs so figured I'd give it a shot as a situational addition.

The only thing not pictured is the breaching shotgun retainer that (situationally dependent) sits in the space between my holster and IFAK.

Also:  big shout out to @GlockLuvinRedleg for the bespoke choccy chip goodness
View Quote

I just made a similar change. I’ve always preferred to keep my pistol up higher as I’ve found it more comfortable and easier to draw in vehicles, so I’ve had a high-ride UBL on my belt for a long time. With the switch to the M18 I found out that the 7TS holsters we have sit a lot higher that the 6XXX series I had been using. Picked up a MHA, seems to be solid so far. I’m headed to a high round count school in January though so we’ll see how it does.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Really liking the mha from true north.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top