Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:24:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nukehayes] [#1]
Waiting on that G code holster.  BDS pistol belt, esstac Kywi rifle and pistol mag caddies, esstac DST blowout kit, Ka-Bar TDI.
This is my first belt. Ive put a lot of thought into it and i would appreciate your critique. Cheers
https://imgur.com/a/kEWvq
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KNDAKGEAR:

Tek- lok works for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KNDAKGEAR:
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
For you guys running fixed blade knives on your belts, what kind of attachments are you using for the kydex knife sheathes?  I'm looking at having a sheath made for my gerber prodigy, and not sure what attachments I should get for it.

Tek- lok works for me.

Malice clips for Molle have the same hole spacing as Tekloks too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I've been wanting something a little more suited for range use and general SHTF so I started lurking in this thread and I gotta say that there are a ton of awesome set ups in here. I ordered my first piece last night which was a G-Code XST RTI holster for my G19 with the optimal drop attachment. Looking at getting an HSGI SureGrip belt and the underbelt as well. I'm debating on getting two double decker TACOs or just two pistol TACOs and a rifle TACO. DSG has a combo kit with the HSGI belt set up and 2 pistol TACOs and a rifle TACO for $199 so I'm considering that. I see a lot of people with the double decker TACOs and the single TACOs. Any suggestions? This will be my light SHTF and general range use belt. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USAFHobo:
Well I've been wanting something a little more suited for range use and general SHTF so I started lurking in this thread and I gotta say that there are a ton of awesome set ups in here. I ordered my first piece last night which was a G-Code XST RTI holster for my G19 with the optimal drop attachment. Looking at getting an HSGI SureGrip belt and the underbelt as well. I'm debating on getting two double decker TACOs or just two pistol TACOs and a rifle TACO. DSG has a combo kit with the HSGI belt set up and 2 pistol TACOs and a rifle TACO for $199 so I'm considering that. I see a lot of people with the double decker TACOs and the single TACOs. Any suggestions? This will be my light SHTF and general range use belt. Thanks!
View Quote

My SHTF has single pouches to keep it lower profile. my 3 gun belt has a double decker rifle pouch, and a large breeching pouch to hold Shells as the size doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

My SHTF has single pouches to keep it lower profile. my 3 gun belt has a double decker rifle pouch, and a large breeching pouch to hold Shells as the size doesn't matter.
View All Quotes

Thanks for your input. The lower profile is basically what I'm debating with myself about. I can always buy the double decker one's later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for your input. The lower profile is basically what I'm debating with myself about. I can always buy the double decker one's later.
View All Quotes

Yep. Single deep is also easier to cover with a jacket, windbreaker or hoody.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFHobo] [#7]
Yep. Single deep is also easier to cover with a jacket, windbreaker or hoody.
View Quote

Good point! I ordered the kit last night with the two pistol TACOs and one rifle TACO. Hopefully my XST holster doesn't take forever to get to me.

ETA: Well I got my order of the Battle Belt. Everything looks good except that the small Battle Belt is.... too small. I'm hoping I can return it for a medium.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:03:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFHobo] [#8]
So I returned the small belt package and reordered the medium kit. Fits perfectly. Can't wait to get my holster from G-Code. The Magpul Glock mags, ETS mags (even the 31 rounder) and the USGI mag from PSA fit perfectly. Looking forward to trying this set up out as soon as I can. I ordered a MOLLE attachment kit from Bravo Concealment for my holster for my G19 so I have a temporary way of using my belt. Those should be here soon.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Any thoughts on this as the beginning of a belt set up? Any one used the lbtc padded belt?

http://lbtinc.com/6147bmuc
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Only have about $200 invested in the entire setup.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:45:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nukehayes] [#11]

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate your critique of my setup. BDS Cobra pistol belt used in conjunction with HSGI inner belt. G-code OSL with RTI duty drop belt mount, Esstac Kywi pistol and rifle mag pouches, esstac DST blowout kit, Ka-Bar TDI.
1st line belt https://imgur.com/gallery/WV2mY
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By nukehayes:
http://1st line belt https://imgur.com/gallery/WV2mY
What do you guys think? I'd appreciate your critique of my setup. BDS Cobra pistol belt used in conjunction with HSGI inner belt. G-code OSL with RTI duty drop belt mount, Esstac Kywi pistol and rifle mag pouches, esstac DST blowout kit, Ka-Bar TDI.
1st line belt https://imgur.com/gallery/WV2mY
View Quote

Looks like it would work just fine to me!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5561/29889842953_b572b303ac_c.jpg
View Quote

Which Padded belt?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

Which Padded belt?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cap6888:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5561/29889842953_b572b303ac_c.jpg

Which Padded belt?

HSGI Slim Grip with a Marz Tactical belt.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE: XST w/ RTI finally came in! It was kind of a bitch to put on though....
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#16]
http://i.imgur.com/hP4uTZ9.jpg?2
View Quote

How long was your wait time for the g-code?
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By gman556:

View All Quotes

Took about 4 weeks from order to my door. Worth the wait though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Thanks, it looks like they got a couple weeks quicker than they used to be.

I own an XST for my HK USP 40, I want to get one for my HK 45c.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:28:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFHobo] [#19]

Thanks for the info
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info

No prob! Like I said, it's high quality and well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:21:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jpl85295] [#20]

View All Quotes

May I recommend the TT universal mag pouch?  Has a flap so you can cover up or tuck it behind to keep it out if the way. It can carry up to three, yes three, 223 mags and many others. Best part of you keep just one mag in it it's just about as flat as the one mag.

I'd like to get the cool HSGI Tacos but I just can't. The TT's have virtually no drawbacks for my intended use.

Edit:
Oops. You already got everything. Damn those Tacos are sexy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I just put this together, mostly with stuff I found in my closet. I'm impressed how much I can comfortably carry on my belt. I like this set up with a camelback for water.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By M4A1Carbine:
I just put this together, mostly with stuff I found in my closet. I'm impressed how much I can comfortably carry on my belt. I like this set up with a camelback for water.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/7C1E040C-7A62-4FA2-AA4D-73146CFE047E_zpsvvzelyyr.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/02vettez06/53F90891-B87F-44D9-A4D7-7AF08A7CCE06_zpsyrajdeuk.jpg
View Quote

Carry that around all day and you'll be wanting a padded belt right quick.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey everyone, rethinking my whole setup now that I found this page, but I really wanted to know everyone's feedback on the G-Code Operators belt. Is the Ronin Tactics Senshi belt really worth almost double the price? I've been looking at the HTC and G-Code inner/outer belt systems and I just don't see how the Ronin can be worth the extra cost. Even with the new D-ring Cobra buckle the G-Code is only like $107.

I want to run a hybrid low profile system with single stack tacos and a Raven Concealment Phantom holster for range days so I can switch out holsters and train with my 1911 as well as my G-19.

G-Code - that also base divided slots to keep gear in place

HTC inner/outter system

I get that the the Senshi and and TF belts are stiffened, but I know for sure the HTC is as well.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:32:42 AM EDT
[#24]
SDmtnbkr - I actually have been wanting to do the same thing as you except I would like to run kydex mag pouches as well.  I ran across the G-code belt last week but there are no reviews I can find.  I was also eyeing the HTC belt as it seems comparable.  A video that HTC put out stated that they only recommend their belt as part of there system that is bolted together because its not rigid enough to run otherwise. If running an unbolted setup they recommended their riggers belt because it's stiffer.  Another similar belt is Esstacs Shooter's Belt 1.75" and DSG arms Competition Belt.  If anyone has info on the G-code I would appreciate it also.  In the end my goal would be to run the two belt system secured with velcro on the range or competition but also be able to attache an HSGI micro grip belt panel and have it sitting next to the bed for quickly putting on if needed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By r1013:
SDmtnbkr - I actually have been wanting to do the same thing as you except I would like to run kydex mag pouches as well.  I ran across the G-code belt last week but there are no reviews I can find.
View Quote

Ran across this, yesterday...

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Originally Posted By r1013:
SDmtnbkr - I actually have been wanting to do the same thing as you except I would like to run kydex mag pouches as well.  I ran across the G-code belt last week but there are no reviews I can find.

Looks like G-Code "updated" their Scorpion pouches to be a HSGI Taco clone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Updated my battle belt today from this:

To this:

5.11 VTAC Brokos belt with fast mags and a Bravo Concealment holster.  It fits perfectly, and I love the fact that I can weave the inner belt through the Molle, so I can use the holsters I already have.  I have a dump pouch and an IFAC that will go on here eventually, I just need to find the box I put them in.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Pup wanted to show off her toys too.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:43:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/joe_freerider/20161118_165642_zpsezdqy4q1.jpg

Finally got myself a blow out kit.
I also LOVE the RTI system.
View Quote

Nice. What other holster manufacturers use the RTI system? I thought it was just G-Code, but I am seeing you have several different brands of holsters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#31]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/joe_freerider/20161118_165642_zpsezdqy4q1.jpg

View Quote

Nice set up.  Whats your plan to fail safe you pistol reloads?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to pouch retention?

I'm using an ATS pouch with Tactical Tailor plastic inserts. They retain the mags in the pouch very well and I've never lost them during runs or sprints.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:

Nice set up.  Whats your plan to fail safe you pistol reloads?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to pouch retention?

I'm using an ATS pouch with Tactical Tailor plastic inserts. They retain the mags in the pouch very well and I've never lost them during runs or sprints.

Sorry, reread my post and it was a bit vague.  I meant making sure you have the right mags for the right gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I run a similar set-up with HSGI Tacos and Safariland QLS. Mines back on page 143.

The key for me is when a holster comes off, the mags come out, as well.

When holster goes on, mags for that gun go on.

Same applies to those on chest rig/ PC.

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#37]

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5501/30894838272_a125c9101a_c.jpg
View Quote

FOUL!!!!!
You cannot run a Dick-Butt Patch on a belt without any ESSTAC equipment on there!

BAD DAVE_M.......... Bad Boy!

cp
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#38]

Nice. What other holster manufacturers use the RTI system? I thought it was just G-Code, but I am seeing you have several different brands of holsters.
View All Quotes

Big names are G-Code, BladeTech, Blackhawk, and Safariland with either direct or with adapter. Smaller custom companies like Off The Grid, TR Holsters, Fury Holsters, etc. have RTI options, because the parts are available and it is easier to add as an attachment option than doing a holster that is Safariland compatible. There are also RTI conversions to make MOLLE pouches and accessories RTI compatible for fast swapping, similar to what the Safariland ELS allows.  

There are occasionally issues with some of the RTI or RTI conversion mounts, because they usually remove any adjust-ability at the holster to male attachment point and instead rely on the female RTI attachment point for adjust-ability. Some RTI female mounts only allow one or two positions, or only a few fixed angles, spread far apart, instead of an infinite variable adjustment, over a limited arc, that the factory Safariland has with between a holster and QLS fork, for example. If you mount a Safailand to certain MOLLE mounts, it must be vertical it may only have one or two positions that work for the intended purpose and still allow the mount to stay fully clamped on the MOLLE. I have a G-Code RTI, duty pistol, 2" drop plate. It only allows my 6354DO with RTI conversion to sit at ONE useful angle with NO adjustment.

As you can see above, you end up with a pistol that sits with the butt more rear than the muzzle, butt somewhat forward, or butt ridiculously forward. That leaves only butt somewhat forward as a viable option. I'd like the holster to sit about 50% more vertical than the butt slightly forward position, but the next adjustment actually goes past vertical and places the butt more rearward than muzzle.

On my MOLLE mount on my chest rig, I have TWO fixed positions to choose from that could work for my draw angle, or the gun would be pointed in the wrong direction.  It is pictured below.

On the other hand, there are mounts like the G-Code optimal drop, and rotating tactical belt mounts, with a 30 degree infinite adjustable arc you can use for each major mounting point.

The G-Code Rotating tactical belt mount, pictured above, would fit most items great for angle, unfortunately, the belt loops are not wide enough for my Volundgearworks micro battle belt, due to the thickness of the belt's MOLLE components added the the base belt's  already substantial thickness. It stoped sliding on and is jammed against the first MOLLE, because the belt was already almost too thick to get the ting on without the MOLLE. That left me with only the G-Code 2" drop plate with a belt loop wide enough of my Volundgearworks belt.

Also, there are no Safariland plate adapters, for putting an RTI wheel on a Safariland belt or thigh mount. For example, I'd like to run a Safariland 6004-25 single leg plate with a DFA connecting my belt and the plate, and an RTI wheel on the Safariland plate. You can't do that... you have to use G-Code belt mounts and drop plates. So if you go RTI, prepare to become intimately familiar with G-Code's wheel mount options. I believe that is intentional as an RTI Wheel adapter is certainly possible, but would result in less sales for G-Code. If anyone knows of a workaround... I'd love to hear it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

FOUL!!!!!
You cannot run a Dick-Butt Patch on a belt without any ESSTAC equipment on there!

cp
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5501/30894838272_a125c9101a_c.jpg

FOUL!!!!!

cp

I had Esstac Rifle and Pistol pouches on that belt, but prefer tacos. I may be out of the loop, but what does Dickbutt have to do with Esstac?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I really like the G-Code connection, but I started breaking them at an alarming rate while doing some fairly low intensity stuff.  

Have started the movement back towards the Safariland locking systems.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Augee:
I really like the G-Code connection, but I started breaking them at an alarming rate while doing some fairly low intensity stuff.  

~Augee
View Quote

What happened?

I broke my thumb release for the hood on my SOC-C holster from just a light fall. I wasn't even wearing it.

It just fell out of my closet from a shelf about 5ft up.

They fixed it and had it back to me within a week, but it has made me not as confident about using it.

I have heard this before here somewhere about the g-code connectors breaking pretty easy.

I ordered a double 1911 mag pouch from them a few years ago and I was not at all impressed with it. Very flimsy.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DevL:

Big names are G-Code, BladeTech, Blackhawk, and Safariland with either direct or with adapter. Smaller custom companies like Off The Grid, TR Holsters, Fury Holsters, etc. have RTI options, because the parts are available and it is easier to add as an attachment option than doing a holster that is Safariland compatible. There are also RTI conversions to make MOLLE pouches and accessories RTI compatible for fast swapping, similar to what the Safariland ELS allows.  

There are occasionally issues with some of the RTI or RTI conversion mounts, because they usually remove any adjust-ability at the holster to male attachment point and instead rely on the female RTI attachment point for adjust-ability. Some RTI female mounts only allow one or two positions, or only a few fixed angles, spread far apart, instead of an infinite variable adjustment, over a limited arc, that the factory Safariland has with between a holster and QLS fork, for example. If you mount a Safailand to certain MOLLE mounts, it must be vertical it may only have one or two positions that work for the intended purpose and still allow the mount to stay fully clamped on the MOLLE. I have a G-Code RTI, duty pistol, 2" drop plate. It only allows my 6354DO with RTI conversion to sit at ONE useful angle with NO adjustment.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/gca30_a02_2_540x540.jpg

As you can see above, you end up with a pistol that sits with the butt more rear than the muzzle, butt somewhat forward, or butt ridiculously forward. That leaves only butt somewhat forward as a viable option. I'd like the holster to sit about 50% more vertical than the butt slightly forward position, but the next adjustment actually goes past vertical and places the butt more rearward than muzzle.

On my MOLLE mount on my chest rig, I have TWO fixed positions to choose from that could work for my draw angle, or the gun would be pointed in the wrong direction.  It is pictured below.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/GCA42_RTI-H-MAR-Molle-Adapter_Coyote-Tan.jpg

On the other hand, there are mounts like the G-Code optimal drop, and rotating tactical belt mounts, with a 30 degree infinite adjustable arc you can use for each major mounting point.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/004_8x8.jpg

The G-Code Rotating tactical belt mount, pictured above, would fit most items great for angle, unfortunately, the belt loops are not wide enough for my Volundgearworks micro battle belt, due to the thickness of the belt's MOLLE components added the the base belt's  already substantial thickness. It stoped sliding on and is jammed against the first MOLLE, because the belt was already almost too thick to get the ting on without the MOLLE. That left me with only the G-Code 2" drop plate with a belt loop wide enough of my Volundgearworks belt.

Also, there are no Safariland plate adapters, for putting an RTI wheel on a Safariland belt or thigh mount. For example, I'd like to run a Safariland 6004-25 single leg plate with a DFA connecting my belt and the plate, and an RTI wheel on the Safariland plate. You can't do that... you have to use G-Code belt mounts and drop plates. So if you go RTI, prepare to become intimately familiar with G-Code's wheel mount options. I believe that is intentional as an RTI Wheel adapter is certainly possible, but would result in less sales for G-Code. If anyone knows of a workaround... I'd love to hear it.

View All Quotes

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/gca30_a02_2_540x540.jpg

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/GCA42_RTI-H-MAR-Molle-Adapter_Coyote-Tan.jpg

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/004_8x8.jpg

So, you want to add an RTI to a SF plate such as the UBL or DFA? yes you can my friend. Here
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Exactly what I needed. Thank you for the info. I bought my G Code for my G19 with APL and I want the ability to swap guns easily in the future without having to change belts/etc. it is a bitch to put the adapter on and off my belt.  Again, thank you very much.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Exactly what I needed. Thank you for the info. I bought my G Code for my G19 with APL and I want the ability to swap guns easily in the future without having to change belts/etc. it is a bitch to put the adapter on and off my belt.  Again, thank you very much.
View Quote

No pro, I actually did order one for me too because some times I go from running the G Code Mule to a belt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#45]

What happened?

I broke my thumb release for the hood on my SOC-C holster from just a light fall. I wasn't even wearing it.

They fixed it and had it back to me within a week, but it has made me not as confident about using it.

I have heard this before here somewhere about the g-code connectors breaking pretty easy.

I ordered a double 1911 mag pouch from them a few years ago and I was not at all impressed with it. Very flimsy.
View All Quotes

~Augee

What happened?

Over the course of about a year's worth of punishing engagements as the "Fighting S-Three," I broke:

- The paddle completely off a of paddle holster
- A belt loop off a belt RTI adapter
- The cowling of a light bearing SOC holster
- About four of the screws that are supposed to retain the RTI wheel on the belt slide platform (obviously not all at the same time), and I believe that my current RTI wheel is still attached with only four screws

G-Code was always good about taking care of me when things needed fixing, they sent me a replacement belt loop platform and replacement screws to an APO, and were willing to send a replacement cowling, but it was too close to leaving to bother having them send it out, and I haven't bothered getting it replaced since since I've managed to hold it together with 100MPH tape.  

My final assessment was that really the material they use for their modular components (the main body of the SOC is plenty robust) is both too thin and too brittle.  

It was a shame to come to that conclusion because I both really liked the modularity of the components (e.g., the SOC holster), as well as the RTI interface.  Unfortunately, most of my failures came from the RTI adapter platform (though, notably, not from the RTI device itself), so using RTI adapters on non-G-Code holsters isn't really a good solution for me, either.  

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

Cracked belt slide adapter, you can also see that two of the five screw sets have fallen out and gone MIA:

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gman556] [#46]

Over the course of about a year's worth of punishing engagements as the "Fighting S-Three," I broke:

- About four of the screws that are supposed to retain the RTI wheel on the belt slide platform (obviously not all at the same time), and I believe that my current RTI wheel is still attached with only four screws

G-Code was always good about taking care of me when things needed fixing, they sent me a replacement belt loop platform and replacement screws to an APO, and were willing to send a replacement cowling, but it was too close to leaving to bother having them send it out, and I haven't bothered getting it replaced since since I've managed to hold it together with 100MPH tape.  

My final assessment was that really the material they use for their modular components (the main body of the SOC is plenty robust) is both too thin and too brittle.  

It was a shame to come to that conclusion because I both really liked the modularity of the components (e.g., the SOC holster), as well as the RTI interface.  Unfortunately, most of my failures came from the RTI adapter platform (though, notably, not from the RTI device itself), so using RTI adapters on non-G-Code holsters isn't really a good solution for me, either.  

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E5C70020-A3B9-4767-9B1B-0718F61409B1_zpsf7exglek.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/C3F20FC3-3C5D-4B58-B2D2-1BC0B1E48D5D_zpsbqnqg79v.jpg

Cracked belt slide adapter, you can also see that two of the five screw sets have fallen out and gone MIA:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/D18E5FDA-F746-4FD0-BCB6-C3DF1E85683B_zps2rgfn6rh.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/958A2852-5C15-4192-8170-B8DC0D727C49_zpsmyg9edmv.jpg

~Augee
View All Quotes

~Augee

What happened?

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E5C70020-A3B9-4767-9B1B-0718F61409B1_zpsf7exglek.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/C3F20FC3-3C5D-4B58-B2D2-1BC0B1E48D5D_zpsbqnqg79v.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/D18E5FDA-F746-4FD0-BCB6-C3DF1E85683B_zps2rgfn6rh.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/958A2852-5C15-4192-8170-B8DC0D727C49_zpsmyg9edmv.jpg

~Augee

Thanks.
That is very discouraging.

I also forgot to add that one time  I went to draw from a soc light bearing holster and did not press the thumb break down 100% (my fault/ was new to the platform) causing it not to flip forward, yanking the pistol up against the hood, and I ended up tearing the RTI three screw attachment right out of the holster.

When inspecting it I noticed that the screws screwed directly into the plastic without any kind of metal inserts.

I ended up fixing it with screws that were a bit longer and it seemed like it was a lot more solid than the original screws that attached it.

Like I said though  I'm having a hard time maintaining any confidence in the platform anymore.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have any experience with the HTC Low-VI's belt? Looks great but the price is a bit
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Thanks.
That is very discouraging.

I also forgot to add that one time  I went to draw from a soc light bearing holster and did not press the thumb break down 100% (my fault/ was new to the platform) causing it not to flip forward, yanking the pistol up against the hood, and I ended up tearing the RTI three screw attachment right out of the holster.

When inspecting it I noticed that the screws screwed directly into the plastic without any kind of metal inserts.

I ended up fixing it with screws that were a bit longer and it seemed like it was a lot more solid than the original screws that attached it.

Like I said though  I'm having a hard time maintaining any confidence in the platform anymore.
View Quote
ARRRGGHHHH

While I'm not heavily invested in G-code's connection platform, I did select it over the Safariland connection system and I really like the modularity.  It won't be a huge problem to go to Safariland (all the holsters I'd use with it are also safariland), but I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it.  That sucks because the optimal drop platform is the *perfect* height for me.  

Sucks but I want my pistol staying on me not popping off because I didn't quite get into a vehicle the right way or fell on it.  Also doesn't give me confidence that someone couldn't snap it off of me.  Sure, defensive measures and all, but shit happens and I'd like my weapons to stay my weapons.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By hurricane7:
Anyone have any experience with the HTC Low-VI's belt? Looks great but the price is a bit
View Quote

Had one issued to me down range but I preferred my AWS belt.  For the money it can't be beat.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 99superduty:

Had one issued to me down range but I preferred my AWS belt.  For the money it can't be beat.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 99superduty:
Originally Posted By hurricane7:

Looks interesting, thanks for passing this along.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top