BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
For you guys running fixed blade knives on your belts, what kind of attachments are you using for the kydex knife sheathes?  I'm looking at having a sheath made for my gerber prodigy, and not sure what attachments I should get for it.
View Quote

I have a set of MOLLE Loks on my sheath, with the knife mounted to the belt behind a TT Fight Light E&E pouch.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lew:

You're telling me you can't take a piss without removing your MOLLE belt- suspenders or otherwise?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
Originally Posted By Harv24:
The one common theme I am seeing with war belts... if your running suspenders, you have too much on it.

Do a short holt on patrol, take a leak, report back your findings

It's really handy to be able to unbuckle and have it not fall off your body or have to put it down IMHO.

You're telling me you can't take a piss without removing your MOLLE belt- suspenders or otherwise?

I just face out.. take a knee.. and piss in my pants... Ranger style....

I have been been lightening my belts and PC over the last few years, as overloading with all that shit I find for what I need is unnecessary, I stopped carrying a big ass knife a long time ago.

But if folks what to load up.. I was doing belts and shoulder straps long before it was cool....
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sea2summit] [#3]

I have been been lightening my belts and PC over the last few years, as overloading with all that shit I find for what I need is unnecessary, I stopped carrying a big ass knife a long time ago.

But if folks what to load up.. I was doing belts and shoulder straps long before it was cool....
View All Quotes
The one common theme I am seeing with war belts... if your running suspenders, you have too much on it.

It's really handy to be able to unbuckle and have it not fall off your body or have to put it down IMHO.

Just one question to see if you're legit: what color tape did you have on the hooks
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Just one question to see if you're legit: what color tape did you have on the hooks
View All Quotes

I started with black electrical tape, but quickly swapped to green 100 mph tape torn into narrow strips.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Light Green 90 MPH tape...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#6]
For you guys running fixed blade knives on your belts, what kind of attachments are you using for the kydex knife sheathes?  I'm looking at having a sheath made for my gerber prodigy, and not sure what attachments I should get for it.
View All Quotes

no need to get fancy. I've got my punch knife attached to my plate carrier with 550 cord pulled tight. that bastard aint ever coming off.

Originally Posted By Iram:
Originally Posted By demoMouse:
I could use some feedback on this.

https://s31.postimg.org/yrl0bktiz/both_cropped.jpg

I'm a civilian, and I've got a "bump in the night" plate carrier that's setup to have anything I'd need in a quick emergency (1 rifle mag, 2 pistol mags for my EDC/nightstand gun, IFAK, ALS + QLS holster, flashlight, leatherman).

The belt is tri-purpose:
1. Augment my plate carrier for a long-term SHTF / #Texit / Zombie Apocolype™
2. Replace my plate carrier for a long-term SHTF / #Texit / Zombie Apocolype™ if I need to ditch the weight
3. Airsoft.

Currently (from left to right, when worn), it's:
2x Tactical Tailor Fight Light double AR mag pouches
1x Surplus flashbang pouch (currently holding an airsoft grenade...the only "airsoft-specific" item)
1x Tactical Tailor Fight Light flashbang pouch (radio, not shown)
1x Condor dump pouch (attached to the inner belt)
1x Canteen pouch (first aid kit)
1x Safariland UBL and QLS plate (idea is the holster moves from the plate carrier to the belt for a better draw)
1x Tactical Tailor Fight Light multitool pouch (the leatherman on my pants belt gets moved into that pouch when I put on the warbelt)

Belt, suspenders, and inner belt are all ATS. I sewed on a couple inches of extra velcro (black, slightly visible in the pictures to the inner belt so I can expand it 2-3" if I need to wear it on top of a jacket.

The biggest problem I had the last time I used this was getting to the radio. The radio's basically on my back, and with a wire run up to a headset it's a PITA to get back there, get the radio out, to change frequencies, plug the headset back in, and get the radio pouch closed again.
whatever that pouch is in front of your holster attachment, relocate it or get rid of it.
If it's your radio, move it to the first column on your weak side.

There should be nothing ever in front or above your pistol if you want a good smooth fast draw. Ever. EVER.

If it's a multi tool, there is extra no-reason for it to be on your pistol side

Have you been doing dry-fire draws to see if you like this setup?

It's a multitool pouch, and it doesn't interfere with the draw at all.

I've had a Leatherman Wave on the right side of my belt every day since January 2005. I've got so muscle memory built up there's no way it would be effective to move that.

transition to your Leatherman often?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

He checks out.

I started with those nasty j-hooks, still have a scar.  Was so happy when they went tot he "improved" j-hook with the clippy-thingy, at least it wasn't sharp
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]

no need to get fancy. I've got my punch knife attached to my plate carrier with 550 cord pulled tight. that bastard aint ever coming off.

View All Quotes

I could use some feedback on this.

https://s31.postimg.org/yrl0bktiz/both_cropped.jpg

I'm a civilian, and I've got a "bump in the night" plate carrier that's setup to have anything I'd need in a quick emergency (1 rifle mag, 2 pistol mags for my EDC/nightstand gun, IFAK, ALS + QLS holster, flashlight, leatherman).

The belt is tri-purpose:
1. Augment my plate carrier for a long-term SHTF / #Texit / Zombie Apocolype™
2. Replace my plate carrier for a long-term SHTF / #Texit / Zombie Apocolype™ if I need to ditch the weight
3. Airsoft.

Currently (from left to right, when worn), it's:
2x Tactical Tailor Fight Light double AR mag pouches
1x Surplus flashbang pouch (currently holding an airsoft grenade...the only "airsoft-specific" item)
1x Tactical Tailor Fight Light flashbang pouch (radio, not shown)
1x Condor dump pouch (attached to the inner belt)
1x Canteen pouch (first aid kit)
1x Safariland UBL and QLS plate (idea is the holster moves from the plate carrier to the belt for a better draw)
1x Tactical Tailor Fight Light multitool pouch (the leatherman on my pants belt gets moved into that pouch when I put on the warbelt)

Belt, suspenders, and inner belt are all ATS. I sewed on a couple inches of extra velcro (black, slightly visible in the pictures to the inner belt so I can expand it 2-3" if I need to wear it on top of a jacket.

The biggest problem I had the last time I used this was getting to the radio. The radio's basically on my back, and with a wire run up to a headset it's a PITA to get back there, get the radio out, to change frequencies, plug the headset back in, and get the radio pouch closed again.
whatever that pouch is in front of your holster attachment, relocate it or get rid of it.
If it's your radio, move it to the first column on your weak side.

There should be nothing ever in front or above your pistol if you want a good smooth fast draw. Ever. EVER.

If it's a multi tool, there is extra no-reason for it to be on your pistol side

Have you been doing dry-fire draws to see if you like this setup?

It's a multitool pouch, and it doesn't interfere with the draw at all.

I've had a Leatherman Wave on the right side of my belt every day since January 2005. I've got so muscle memory built up there's no way it would be effective to move that.

Have you ever received a Tittie Twister administered with a set of pliers? That's some seriously fucked up shit, man. Don't discount the Leatherman has an alternative less lethal weapon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I took my first carbine class a few months ago and decided to get a "battle belt" because using my nylon belt with an inner velcro belt 3-gun style lead to hip bruising/pain. Since I already have a bunch of belt accessories, I went with the new HSGI slotted belt. A few caveats with this. 1) The 32'' belt is actually 31'' and the 39'' belt is actually 38''. Two, you should expect a gap that is 4'' longer than your waist measurement (with clothes/under belts on) suggests. My pant waist size is 32'', my measurement with my normal pants and concealed carry belt was 36'', and the small belt had a 9'' gap. Exchanged it for the 39'' belt and now have a one inch gap.

Anyway, I found zero info on this belt online (appears to be very new) so I figured I'd post pictures.

As you can see, you can weave belt mounted accessories in and out of the molle on the belt. All of those taco pouches are belt mounted rather than molle.

My next step is to install and equip a medical pouch, then replace the holster with one that will accommodate a TLR1 flashlight.

One reason I never bought this before was because I was worried it
would ride up when I draw a pistol or mag. It seems to work okay with an
untucked t-shirt, and when my shirt is tucked in, it sticks to my
leather belt like glue. I was going to ask, do you folks consider dump pouches to be useful? So far all I've used mine for was holding shotgun shells for sporting clays.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LS6TT] [#10]
Nice setup. Yes on dump pouch. You don't want to stick an empty mag back in his pouch and then grab it when you need a full mag. They also are great for holding a water bottle or your spent shells if you're a reloader.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I took my first carbine class a few months ago and decided to get a "battle belt" because using my nylon belt with an inner velcro belt 3-gun style lead to hip bruising/pain. Since I already have a bunch of belt accessories, I went with the new HSGI slotted belt. A few caveats with this. 1) The 32'' belt is actually 31'' and the 39'' belt is actually 38''. Two, you should expect a gap that is 4'' longer than your waist measurement (with clothes/under belts on) suggests. My pant waist size is 32'', my measurement with my normal pants and concealed carry belt was 36'', and the small belt had a 9'' gap. Exchanged it for the 39'' belt and now have a one inch gap.

Anyway, I found zero info on this belt online (appears to be very new) so ...
View Quote

Thanks!  I have been looking at that one online from their website for a couple days now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Why mount the tacos on the belt instead of the MOLLE?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:

Anyway, I found zero info on this belt online (appears to be very new) so I figured I'd post pictures.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/ASULeadTrumpet/DSCN2123_zpsrragdmzt.jpg

As you can see, you can weave belt mounted accessories in and out of the molle on the belt. All of those taco pouches are belt mounted rather than molle.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/ASULeadTrumpet/DSCN2124_zpspkv183oh.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/ASULeadTrumpet/DSCN2122_zpsiartvp2j.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/ASULeadTrumpet/DSCN2121_zps9phltywr.jpg

My next step is to install and equip a medical pouch, then replace the holster with one that will accommodate a TLR1 flashlight.

One reason I never bought this before was because I was worried it would ride up when I draw a pistol or mag. It seems to work okay with an untucked t-shirt, and when my shirt is tucked in, it sticks to my leather belt like glue. I was going to ask, do you folks consider dump pouches to be useful? So far all I've used mine for was holding shotgun shells for sporting clays.
View Quote

I have a rolly Polly dump pouch on my PC and one on my belt. I hate the one on my PC. It's too high to comfortably dump stuff in. Dump pouch on the belt all the way!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By bd82001:

Why mount the tacos on the belt instead of the MOLLE?  Just curious.

View Quote
I already owned them, and tacos are expensive. I wasn't sure if I'd like this type of belt or not, so I didn't want to trade my pouches on the EE for molle.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JKrammes] [#15]
Do you need specific holsters for these belts?  I am thinking of getting one of the HSGI belts?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JKrammes:
Do you need specific holsters for these belts?  I am thinking of getting one of the HSGI belts?
View Quote

I've got the gcode holster with a specific mount but there are probably work arounds. You can just change your attachment method on your holster as long as it matches up. I need to post a pic of my belt here anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boats75] [#17]
Here is an older picture of my set up.It is an Ares Gear Ranger belt that was taking up closet space when I started using the Aegis belt for daily wear. I was using it to hold my spare kydex holsters and mag pouches on and decided with a couple of tweaks I could turn it into a functional belt. I've ditched the light and changed to a different knife that is mounted behind the holster since this was taken. Another recent change was separating the third AR pouch from the rest of the Sony Rig and using QMS straps to mount it. I'm also in the process of updating it with a different holster that will fit a Glock 34 with Streamlight TLR 1 HL. I have 2 inch Velcro Squares mounted to the outside of the AR pouches and can use this set up for my Carbine or my Shotgun.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#18]
DELETED
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By cone256:

I have no idea why I would need that many pistol mags.  If you want them carry them in a backpack attached to your armor or something.  You should add more AR mags instead.
View Quote

They are for his Kriss.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
G-Code or Safariland for best holster..?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Both have their fans and both are great.

I have recently switched all my guns out to Safariland and their QLS system to quickly and easily swap holsters/guns.

G-Code and their RTI system is awesome too.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

They are for his Kriss.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Originally Posted By cone256:
I have no idea why I would need that many pistol mags.  If you want them carry them in a backpack attached to your armor or something.  You should add more AR mags instead.

They are for his Kriss.

He was carrying AR mags too, so I figured the AR was his long gun
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone make a molle RTI drop mount?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Battle Belt Setup

VTAC Brokos Battle Belt
VTAC Cobra Inner Belt
ATS Suspenders

( L to R )

Tactical Tailor Fight Light Multitool Pouch w/ Gerber Multitool

ESSTAC KYWI Double AR Shorty Pouch with HSGI Double Pistol Taco Pouch

ESEE-4 Knife w/Molle Sheath

Tactical Tailor Fight Light Dump Pouch

LBT 9022B Blowout Pouch
(Quickclot Combat Gauze, Isreali Bandage, H&H Gauze, NPA and Gel, Nitrile Gloves, Chest Seal, Med Tape, and Medical Shears)

USGI CAT Tourniquet Holder w/ CAT Tourniquet

Safariland QLS system w UBL for pistols

-----------------------------------------------------------

Minimalist Battle Belt Setup

Tyr Tactical Gunfighter Belt

( L to R  )

ESSTAC KYWI Double AR Shorty Pouch with HSGI Double Pistol Taco Pouch attached

ATS  LiteLok Roll Up Dump Pouch

LBT 9022B Blowout Pouch
(Quickclot Combat Gauze, Isreali Bandage, H&H Gauze, NPA and Gel, Nitrile Gloves, Chest Seal, Med Tape, and Medical Shears)

Safariland QLS system w UBL for pistols

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys.  I'm new to the war belt game and could use some help.

I have a padded war belt,  it's nothing special,  but it's a start and good enough for the time being. I really just want something to grab and go for home defense.

Mainly, I am not sure what type of holster I need, or where to get it.  I'm trying to build around a CZ P09. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Whats the belt?  It makes a difference in holster selection.   I prefer an offset drop for a belt like that for instance.  Does it have cuts in the bottom to run "subloads"?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:33:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#27]
Put together a basic belt with some extra USGI pouches I had kicking around.  I'll change pouches later on, and probably change from the drop leg to a G-Code holster, but this will do for now.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wantsum] [#28]

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Halfbreed_83] [#29]
^ I like the setup! With the thin belt is the IFAK in back stable?  I feel like with that setup it'd be smacking me on my ass while I run.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wantsum:
<a href="http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/R8dArgh/media/DSC00116a_zps0gvl9v34.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/R8dArgh/DSC00116a_zps0gvl9v34.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/R8dArgh/media/DSC00115_zpspy0mp8a3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/R8dArgh/DSC00115_zpspy0mp8a3.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/R8dArgh/media/DSC00113_zpsemmiq6of.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/R8dArgh/DSC00113_zpsemmiq6of.jpg</a>
View Quote

Can we see more pics of the mini dump pouch please? Who makes it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wantsum] [#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Halfbreed_83:
^ I like the setup! With the thin belt is the IFAK in back stable?  I feel like with that setup it'd be smacking me on my ass while I run.
View Quote

It doesn't move around on the belt any and I'm willing to trade a little bounce for the ambidextrous access.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:26:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:

I have a padded war belt,  it's nothing special,  but it's a start and good enough for the time being. I really just want something to grab and go for home defense.

Mainly, I am not sure what type of holster I need, or where to get it.  I'm trying to build around a CZ P09. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote

Have 4DAIVIPAI2K5 make you one.  They're cheap and great quality.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#34]

It doesn't move around on the belt any and I'm willing to trade a little bounce for the ambidextrous access.
View All Quotes

What belt is this?  I am currently running a Brokos but am looking at building a second belt and wanting something similar to what you are running.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RayJaxShooter
What belt is this?  I am currently running a Brokos but am looking at building a second belt and wanting something similar to what you are running.
View Quote

It's the Ronin Tactic's Task Force belt.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Halfbreed_83] [#36]

View All Quotes

Cool thanks for the reply.  I'll keep my HSGI original war belt since it keeps my IFAK in place pretty well with no bounce while running.  I might pick up a RONIN belt and give it a whirl with a lighter setup. My warbelt:

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

View All Quotes

What is the name of his holster company.  i knew it at one time...
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

N.U.o.S.U. concealment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Six clipazines ............. thin, yet-super-dooper-tough-because-vtech-yo material?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I have no idea how to pronounce that. Can you please provide a link/details?

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Thanks for the help!

View All Quotes

Thanks for the help!

4DAIVIPAI2K5 is the screenname of an ARFCOM member. He's posted in this thread, if I remember correctly. If you do a search for posts by him in this subforum, you should find a number of examples of his work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CT-Shooter] [#42]
Im still doing the ronin task force belt thing. I really like it.

2x hsgi pistol tacos
2x itw fastmags with tt fight light roll up snack/gloves/assorted shit pouch on top of them, also an emdom multitool pouch with a multitasker in it
ITS tactical tallboy with a custom thing i did, hook velcro "Sticks" i made, i weave them into the molle and slap them onto the loop velcro panel thingy... I can post pics if anyones interested but it works excellent. Makes my ifak removeable in seconds.
HSGI rifle/pistol combo, for a weak side reload if i had to, more so for an extra mag if needed.
Esee 3
G-code mule (imo the best "drop leg" platform out there) with an OTG holster for my g34.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: demoMouse] [#44]

View Quote

Depends on your price range.
I'd recommend not doing a leg holster, especially if it's a grab n go type belt where you probably don't want to spend time dicking around with leg straps when investigating a bump in he night.

Research away, but make sure you are getting a holster that will attach to MOLLE/PALS loops. There are some belts out there that have cutouts for your holster. Mine does, which lets me use a paddle holster, which I then secured with zip-ties (pics to follow)

Check out Safariland, GCode. The 5.11 Thumbdrive is pretty sweet actually, and if you need something inexpensive check out the Blackhawk Serpa. There are also countless companies online that make MOLLE compatible kydex holsters

There are members who highly disagree with me, but I recommend avoiding the stupid flip hood at all costs. It will snag on your sights while drawing
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maddy21] [#45]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
It's made by Direct Action.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maddy21] [#47]
Thanks wantsum
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

When I'm in kit I don't even undue my buckle. Undo a button or the zipper and pull through, piss, and stow it away! I don't like suspenders either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey all, I'm putting together a lightweight battle belt for range work. It's a dsg 1.75in belt with a velcro inner. I don't need a big padded or molle belt, just looking to have some AR/Pistol mag pouches, a holster, tq, and dump pouch.

Pretty set on esstac for pouches, is there a belt mount version?

Also, does anyone have a line on a retention holster for a g19 and APL?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#50]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:
Hey all, I'm putting together a lightweight battle belt for range work. It's a dsg 1.75in belt with a velcro inner. I don't need a big padded or molle belt, just looking to have some AR/Pistol mag pouches, a holster, tq, and dump pouch.

Pretty set on esstac for pouches, is there a belt mount version?

Also, does anyone have a line on a retention holster for a g19 and APL?

Thanks.
View Quote

I, too, carry a Glock 19 with APL on my belt. I carry it in an Off The Grid Concepts ADR MKiii OWB, which works great. You can select various mounting options (mine is set up for use with an RTI mount), various lights, and with/without a thumb break and/or RMR cuts.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top