Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:56:00 PM EDT
I was in Camp Lejeune this weekend and had a chance to check out Operators Warehouse. WOW! Its an arfcommers wet dream. Anyhow, I picked up a sling and a few other things and got to try on a Spartan I Molle Vest/PC. I didnt realize it before we got on the road to come back to NY sunday but I think I want one.

It fit me alot better than my Eagle plate carrier and felt more "full". The Eagle feels short on my torso as I am tall and wide . The Spartan had more room, was longer and fit me better east to west. I could also tell in trying it on that it was a good piece of kit.

The problem is that I cant find too much info on their pro's/con's online. They sell mostly to military personnel through their store so their exposure is "limited" I called down there and they can ship one up to me no problem but I would like to read some reviews before selling my Eagle for the Spartan.

So do any of you guys run them? Have any pics available of your set up and or any reccomendations for or against the Spartan?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
First thing I would do is find the IBA inserts.

I also forgot to tell you while you were in Swansboro to stop by High Speed Gear (HSGI)
you wanna blow your load looking at tactical gear, vist the Shop where its made..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]

CXS
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
First thing I would do is find the IBA inserts.

I also forgot to tell you while you were in Swansboro to stop by High Speed Gear (HSGI)
you wanna blow your load looking at tactical gear, vist the Shop where its made..

CXS

What exactly are the IBA inserts?

I dont run any of my gear with plates or soft armor so at this point thats a non-sequitor. Thanks for all the pics but I think those are Spartan II's. I was looking at the Spartan I silly
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]
IBA = Interceptor Body Armor.  I believe he was referring to the soft armor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBA = Interceptor Body Armor.  I believe he was referring to the soft armor.

Yep.

The Spartan uses soft armor inserts from the Interceptor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If you do not have or intend to get Interceptor cut soft armor inserts, you don't want it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you do not have or intend to get Interceptor cut soft armor inserts, you don't want it.

why is that?
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Spartan I about a year and a half ago as an alternative to the POS Interceptor OTV. With soft armor it does well, but with plates it disrupts the ways pouches feed through the PALS webbing. It pushes one area out farther than the other screwing everything up. Besides that, I find it more  comfortable and the side opening provides a lot more real estate for pouch placement and options.
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bought a Spartan I about a year and a half ago as an alternative to the POS Interceptor OTV. With soft armor it does well, but with plates it disrupts the ways pouches feed through the PALS webbing. It pushes one area out farther than the other screwing everything up. Besides that, I find it more  comfortable and the side opening provides a lot more real estate for pouch placement and options.

Good info, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Cost?
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cost?

$175 from Operators Warehouse in Jacksonville, NC. They also sell on Ebay which is handy with the 25% discount from live.com floating around
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Just curious, are you a Marine or a Civi looking at this for personal use?

If a Marine, make sure you run it through the CoC to see if you are authorized to use it. There's a new order out there is pretty strict on non-issue body armor items.

If Civi, no worries. It's a great carrier.
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If a Marine, make sure you run it through the CoC to see if you are authorized to use it. There's a new order out there is pretty strict on non-issue body armor items.

No Sir, just a civi.

I was in Jacksonville this past weekend for a wedding. My sister is a teacher there and married a fine young marine from Texas.

I had some free time on Saturday morning and checked out a few of the local gunshops as well as Operators Warehouse/ Tactical Applications Group which is who manufactures the Spartan I & II.

Link Posted: 10/23/2008 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Sir, just a civi.

I was in Jacksonville this past weekend for a wedding. My sister is a teacher there and married a fine young marine from Texas.

I had some free time on Saturday morning and checked out a few of the local gunshops as well as Operators Warehouse/ Tactical Applications Group which is who manufactures the Spartan I & II.

What school does your sis work at?
I graduated from Swansboro High.

CXS
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Sir, just a civi.

What school does your sis work at?
I graduated from Swansboro High.

CXS

I dont think you "had" her, she works at an Elementary school in Jones County
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I dont think you "had" her, she works at an Elementary school in Jones County

LOL. The only elementary school in the county..

My best friend is a Teacher at Jones Middle.

Back on topic:
I think you'll be happier with a MOLLE carrier than an Armor carrier that has no armor in it..

Look at the MESA from Practical Tactical..

CXS
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cost?

$175 from Operators Warehouse in Jacksonville, NC. They also sell on Ebay which is handy with the 25% discount from live.com floating around

How much for the Spartan II and do they have them in ACU pattern yet?
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:13:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much for the Spartan II and do they have them in ACU pattern yet?

$275

I was in the store in Jacksonville this morning and coyote brown was the only color they had in any armor carrier.

No ACU pattern on the Spartan II..
I've heard a rumor that you can order one in a special color, but the will cost extra and take a while.. But this is just a rumor.. I don't have time to stop by the shop today or I'd ask for ya..

Joker, they didn't have any RAV's or any SPEAR/BALCS carriers on the back back wall in green or Khaki?
And what the hell you doing in my neck of the woods?

CXS
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top