Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2008 9:46:56 PM EDT
What do you guys think about multicam in the woods?  I have seen a lot of pics online but I'm not sure  what to think because most of them are from the manufacturer and obviously aren't going to be to the tee.

I live in Western New York so looking for the best I can get for the surrounding area for hunting, paintball(it gets pretty serious;))

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#1]

did you need more
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
WOWWW thanks a lot for posting those up...

I am trying to decide on a scheme because I will need to buy a uniform/chest rig so im going to be putting some money into it and want to pick the right color....look like the MC works well in the woods....I know the vegetagtion wasn't really too thick in any of those though...would you happen to have any where it was?

Thats one thing I am having a hard time finding it MC in woods that have a lot of green in them...I got a pair of pants on the way now though!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know the vegetagtion wasn't really too thick in any of those though...would you happen to have any where it was?

Thats one thing I am having a hard time finding it MC in woods that have a lot of green in them.

if the vegetagtion was thick enough, then it really does not matter that much, about any thing will work. most of the pics show how well it works when there is not much to hide behind.

there's plenty of green in several of those pics, but for some places it is a bit on the light side, so no it dos'nt work 100% all the time.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn!  someone's been busy!  

Good pics bro!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pics! Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW.THANK YOU FOR THE PICS.  (meant to be in caps)
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Just to the left of the dark spot center of the pic..

Left of the big pine, in the center of the pic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
GREAT PICS man!!!!

THX
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GREAT PICS man!!!!

THX

well how about some more

to be fair I'll show a few that are not that great, but not too bad

but just being behind some leaves and branches helps

location ( and lighting ) helps or hurts.
this one is bad

but a few feet over, it works with the tree bark

I hope that answer's you question !
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
here are a couple from my pack review post

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I think this stuff is for me...I'm going to buy a set and see.  After all, even if it's not the best for EVERY place, it is the best for the most places!

THOSE PICS WERE GREAT man....they really helped a lot and showed me what i was looking for....so yes when it is really thinck green and you are just standing in front of it it wont be the best...but NOTHING will really.....(depending on the GREEN I know about CADPAT)....but for where I am I think this stuff is the shit...

PS I've seen you before!...well your pics at least the one where you're walking up the hill :)on this site
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a TT Multicam Malice pack external frame. Once loaded it rides nicely and the weight isn't too bad. I'm interested to how well your pack feels on your back?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
it is very easy to see me in this picture, however that's not what i was trying to show.

this pic was intended to display how well the pattern matches with my surroundings..and were i actually trying to hide, it would be quite difficult to spot me.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have any pics they could post?

Great pics!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the colors of the Multi Cam, the way it sort of changes color with the change in lighting and surronding cover, like an optical illusion.
But with the small pattern it does very little to break up the outline of a human being.
You still must try and blend into the background.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
One of the problems people make when taking pictures of this nature, is that the habitually center the item of question in the pic. As humans, we naturally will look to the center of a frame, thus making it easier to spot something.

yeah I agree, the pics were mostly for me to see how well, or not, it worked, and to give the haters a smack down  not really to play find the multicam

some day I'll take and post 'artsy' off center pics

anyways here's a couple more

same spot with 'classic' woodland

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I've got a TT Multicam Malice pack external frame. Once loaded it rides nicely and the weight isn't too bad. I'm interested to how well your pack feels on your back?

where were you when I posted the pack review  I don't want to change topics, but I'll answer your question.

I feel nothing on my back. zip, zero, nada, nothing. all the weight is transfered to the hip/waist belt. now my legs, knee's and feet are another thing

the shoulder straps just keep the pack against your back, and don't really bare the weight of the pack.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I realize it's not "tacticool" but you might take a look at Predator camo patterns.  It works great in the wooded areas of Oregon.  Sometimes  when I have it on I hide from my dogs.  Of course they can sniff me out, but generally they are within a few feet before they go from that nose down, stalking mode to the tail wagging, "I found you" body language.

A few times the wife has walked right past me on the trail. Of course I couldn't resist to step behind her and growl (still catchin hell for that...).

Predator Camo Link

BTW, I use it for bow hunting.  Much quieter endevor than CQB drills!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I could look at pics of multicam all day they are awesome
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where were you when I posted the pack review  I don't want to change topics, but I'll answer your question.

I feel nothing on my back. zip, zero, nada, nothing. all the weight is transfered to the hip/waist belt. now my legs, knee's and feet are another thing

the shoulder straps just keep the pack against your back, and don't really bare the weight of the pack.

OK Thx man... Grear look great!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#23]
good stuff. tag.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Wonderful pics, but f*ck - someone needs to figure out how to lower the file size when uploading pics.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I am really starting to like multicam.
Link Posted: 10/31/2008 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Scenic Multicam

Link Posted: 10/31/2008 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#27]
OMG! All that white, its blinding me!.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top