BCM
User Panel

Let's talk med pouches (Page 4 of 10)
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 6Demon6Face6:
Originally Posted By joshr502:
I'm a medic and I've been working in Iraq/Afghanistan (currently in Afghanistan) for the past 5 years. I've used every piece of equipment in a BOK/IFAK in real world combat situations. IMHO the TK-4 is a piece of junk. The CAT is not too bad, but I've had 2 of the plastic cranks break. I like the SOF-T. It's similar to the CAT, but has a metal crank on it. The Bolin Chest Seal is fantastic. The Ashermans used to be great, but in real world applications, they just don't stick to wet skin. You end up having to use duct tape or 100mph tape to make it stay on. That defeats the purpose of carrying the Asherman if you need to carry something else to make it stick. The Bolin will stick to any thing! It has button valves instead of the flutter valve that the Asherman has, but they work just the same. Big difference is that it actually sticks to your patient! Adding some type of hemostatic agent to your kit is highly reccomended. QuickClot and Hemcon are the big ones out there. Traumadex was recalled by the Army for some reason. Hemcon is not that good for bullet wounds. You have to see the bleeding vessel and use it like a tire patch. This can be very hard to do with bullet wounds, where the bleeding vessel has retracted into the surrounding tissue. IMHO, it'sbetter used for large avulsions (skin flaps). QuickClot works great. They have a new version called Combat Gauze that is even better. It looks just like rolled gauze and you can stuff it in the hole and put a pressure dressing on it. Just remember, QuickClot should only be used on the extremities, mainly the armpits and groin. Anywhere else, you should be able to stop the bleeding with a pressure dressing and/or TQ. Do not use QuickClot in the chest or abdominal cavity. This can cause further harm to your patient, due to the exothermic reaction created by its use. Intestines and lung tissue don't react to well to heat! As far as Isreali bandages go, I carry the 4 inch in my kit. It just saves a bit of space. Another space saver if the OLEAS dressings from Tactical Medical Solutions. They are similar to the Isreali Dressings, but have a pocket behind the actual dressing that has some rolled gauze and an occlusive dressing hidden inside. Hope this info helps!

I heard the newer versions of QuickClot don't run as hot as when it first came out. Is the burning the only reason not to use it in the chest and abdomen?

No. Among other things, you run a higher risk of introducing it into the lungs or a larger vessel like the vena cava where it can cause an embolus. With deep abdominal or thoracic trauma the vast majority of the potential bleed is internal, and something like QC won't do much to control bleeding while causing a bunch of potential problems.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
You really want to know what you're doing before you go poking around in the abdomen and chest.  Add to that the fact that besides the aorta there aren't really any big pipes to be concerned about, and relatively short civilian transport times, and most are left with the conclusion that the abdomen is pretty much better left to someone else.

That being said, as a former corpsman I personally would have no qualms about using Combat Gauze on, say for example a large abdominal exit wound with severe hemorrhage from a difficult to identify source. As long as you're not blindly packing gauze into the abdominal cavity or ruptured organs. And this would only be for when you're an hour or two away from real medical care.

I cannot overstate that doing ANYTHING above your level of training will make you either a hero or criminally and stupidly negligent based solely on the outcome, so don't do anything you don't completely understand.

ETA: forgot to address the temperature issue. Combat Gauze creates zero heat. ACS+ is literally a watered down version of the original QuikClot, so it doesn't generate as much heat, but it doesn't work as well either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
You really want to know what you're doing before you go poking around in the abdomen and chest.  Add to that the fact that besides the aorta there aren't really any big pipes to be concerned about, and relatively short civilian transport times, and most are left with the conclusion that the abdomen is pretty much better left to someone else.

That being said, as a former corpsman I personally would have no qualms about using Combat Gauze on, say for example a large abdominal exit wound with severe hemorrhage from a difficult to identify source. As long as you're not blindly packing gauze into the abdominal cavity or ruptured organs. And this would only be for when you're an hour or two away from real medical care.

I cannot overstate that doing ANYTHING above your level of training will make you either a hero or criminally and stupidly negligent based solely on the outcome, so don't do anything you don't completely understand.

ETA: forgot to address the temperature issue. Combat Gauze creates zero heat. ACS+ is literally a watered down version of the original QuikClot, so it doesn't generate as much heat, but it doesn't work as well either.

Thanks for the updated information.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
QuickClot used to generate ALOT of heat when it came into contact with a liquid (like blood, lol). Each newer version has been reducing the heat factor. I've used the original granules and the ACS+, both of them work quite well, if applied properly. When I teach people to use QuickClot, I always tell them that it takes at least 2 people and a minimum of 10 minutes to do it right. You have to pack the wound with gauze, apply direct pressure for 5 minutes, remove packing, apply QuickClot, repack wound and reapply direct pressure. Just dumping it into a femoral bleed won't work or at least not nearly as effective as the above method. And just to give you and idea of how hot the granules used to get, I would do a demonstration where I would pour a pack into a water bottle with a small amount of water left in it. It would melt through the bottle! Ouch!
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, got the HSGI bleeder kit and the shears.  

Time to fill it up.  

For now I will skip the needles and catheters.  

Need a TQ, bandages, tape, etc.

This is an EXCELLENT thread.  Well worth returning to.    
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Look around at gun shows and machine gun shoots in your area for the supplies to fill it.

I got three israeli bandages (2x 6", 1x 4" or whatever it is in that bag lol), the pouch, NPA, hemcon bandage, tourniquet, etc. for $19 total. I had everything else I put in there.

Picked up the stuff I had to pay for at the MG shoot I attended on 07/04/2010.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:

Time to fill it up.  

YES, Those are Saiga 12 8rnd Magazines...

And the Bleeder/Blowout has this in it.. With enough room to add another H&H or Combat Gauze, roll of tape.. Ect..

CXS

Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I found a $261.00 North American rescue medic kit for $100 at the gun show today.  The only thing I need to add is some Quik Clot Combat Gauze.

http://www.narescue.com/Medic__Leg_Rig_Kit_(CCRK)-CN31912CC814EB.html?BC=01CAD72151F1
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Over the course of deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan I have tried out several different med pouches, most notably the Tactical Assault Gear molle medical pouch and the Esstac Medrat. While in Iraq I just put the issue IFAK insert in the TAG med pouch and it worked just fine. However, I now have more experience and a large amount of medical supplies. I now have a Esstac Medrat in CB, and IMHO it is the best medical pouch I have seen. I am currently conducting Route Clearance operations in Afghanistan, and the job entails a LOT of climbing in and out of RG-31's and Buffalo's. The Medrat is slim enough that it does not get hung up while moving in and out of the vehicle, and yet it holds a suprising amount of medical equipment in a well layed out fashion. I wanted a detachable pouch but I worried about ripping it off while moving about my vehicle. The Medrat solves this problem with a detachable platform inside the pouch. I have it stocked with Combat Gauze, compressed gauze, 14 gauge needles, flexible airway, chest seals, and a few other pieces, all of which fit without making the pouch too bulky to wear comfortably while seated or dismounted. The outside has a strip of velcro for a medical cross patch just in case the red pull tabs on the zippers aren't enough of a hint. At $50 this pouch is a steal, and I reccomend it to any LE or Military looking to buy the best.

-OIF 08-09, OEF 10-11-
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Any one here using a OSOE compact VOK pouch? Thinking of picking one up and wanted to hear/see some pics and how you have it loaded.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the one i use. MOLLE platform with a large velcro patch on back which allows you to remove it without undoing the MOLLE straps
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:

Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
Time to fill it up.  

YES, Those are Saiga 12 8rnd Magazines...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/DSCF5541.jpg

And the Bleeder/Blowout has this in it.. With enough room to add another H&H or Combat Gauze, roll of tape.. Ect..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/DSCF5547.jpg

CXS

What's that red pen like item you have?  Does the Swat t compression work like an Israeli bandage?

Thanks!  I'm getting a HSGI kit put together myself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By jdmassett:

What's that red pen like item you have?  Does the Swat t compression work like an Israeli bandage?

Thanks!  I'm getting a HSGI kit put together myself.
ARS Catheter. Corpsman gave me a couple.

http://www.narescue.com/ARS_for_Needle_Decompression_%283.25_in.%29-CN1ACDE14CD3FD.html

CXS

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks! that's what I was assuming, the 14 ga I've got is in a different type of case.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
What kind of thin(ish) & small profile med pouch options are there?  I want go get something that holds some basic essentials and nothing beyond my level of training and alot of these pouches discussed here are pretty big.  I don't like to carry gear that is bulky and sticks out because it makes it more difficult to move and get into a prone stance (same reason I like to use single mag pouches/shingles).  Maybe I should just stick with a small utility pouch?
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 9:05:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#17]
Originally Posted By wikoli:
What kind of thin(ish) & small profile med pouch options are there?  I want go get something that holds some basic essentials and nothing beyond my level of training and alot of these pouches discussed here are pretty big.  I don't like to carry gear that is bulky and sticks out because it makes it more difficult to move and get into a prone stance (same reason I like to use single mag pouches/shingles).  Maybe I should just stick with a small utility pouch?

Too small, and you miss the essentials. My personal smallest kits are in HSGI Bleeder/blowout pouches the size of a triple mag shingle. I did also make one up into a 2X2 mag pouch. A VOK or similarly equipped BOK can fit if you cram it in creatively.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Picked up a CLS bag dirt cheap 90% complete.  New bags are a bit larger than the older style.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#19]
ATS small tear away medical pouch

I love this pouch, its bigger then some of the other options so you can fit more into it, but still small enough to carry on your belt and not have it be in the way.  This is the pouch i always have on my person when shooting.  also, it is a tear away, it opens all the way for easy access.  and the quality is extremily high, sticking, nilon, everything looks very well made.

I wanted to be able to treat (or have someone treat me) for 1) heavy blood loss 2) sucking chest wounds 3) blocked airway.  I had a list of everything I wanted in there, but was worrierd it would not all fit.

In the end I was able to get everything to fit perfectly! VERY happy i went this rought, check out everything i got in there!!!

1 QuickClot ACS+ Advanced Clotting Sponge
1 Asherman chest seal
1 H&H wound seal kit
2 H&H primed gauze bandage
1 H&H H compression bandage
1 H&H TK4 Tourni-Kwik tourniquet
1 14ga x 3 1/4 cathiter for Tention Pneumothorax
1 Sun-aed Nasopharyngeal w/ lubricant
1 roll cloth medical tape
1 Tru-Spec medical shears
2 Warrior Wipes
2 pairs gloves
2 iodine prep packets
2 alcohol prep packets
2 safety pins

Link Posted: 10/31/2010 1:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flinch08] [#20]
I made it back.

Read PHTLS Military Edition. Probably the least pleasant bit of reading I've ever done. Massive respect for those of you who deal with that shit on a daily basis. I really mean that.

Heres what I ended up with.

SO Tech med pouch off Ebay
CAT
Shears
2 14GX3-1/4" and alcohol wipes
Gloves
Sharpie/Gorilla Tape
Halo chest seals
Olaes bandage
28Fr NPA and lube
3 4X4

I have a secondary kit with duplicates and bigger stuff, this is strictly a BOK.

Thanks for the thread folks. This is good information, maybe the best this site has to offer. I'll post a picture with this mounted in the "first line/warbelt" thread
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 5:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schuey2k2] [#21]
I am currently using a Eagle upright GP/Utility pouch for my trauma kit on my Eagle chest rig.

Wanting to try something new (not that there is anything wrong with the Eagle!), I ordered up a HSGI Improved Bleeder/Blowout pouch. It looks like it will be a little more compact than my current setup. But I got to thinking, will one of my 6" Israeli bandages fit in this pouch? Or will I have to go and order up a 4-incher for this? Anyone know?
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Schuey2k2:
I am currently using a Eagle upright GP/Utility pouch for my trauma kit on my Eagle chest rig.

Wanting to try something new (not that there is anything wrong with the Eagle!), I ordered up a HSGI Improved Bleeder/Blowout pouch. It looks like it will be a little more compact than my current setup. But I got to thinking, will one of my 6" Israeli bandages fit in this pouch? Or will I have to go and order up a 4-incher for this? Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure you'll need the 4".  A 6" may fit, but may not leave room for any other supplies.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sleepdr:

I'm pretty sure you'll need the 4".  A 6" may fit, but may not leave room for any other supplies.

Thanks!

In the description, this HSGI pouch is listed as being 7" tall, but that must be the total height including the sheer pouch in back. Oh, well. I'll take a look at it when it gets here. If the 6" Izzy doesn't work, I'll put a smaller Bloodstopper in there until I can get a 4" Izzy to replace it...

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks!

In the description, this HSGI pouch is listed as being 7" tall, but that must be the total height including the sheer pouch in back. Oh, well. I'll take a look at it when it gets here. If the 6" Izzy doesn't work, I'll put a smaller Bloodstopper in there until I can get a 4" Izzy to replace it...

The HSIG B/B is very close in size to a triple M4 mag pouch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 8:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schuey2k2] [#25]

Thanks!

The HSIG B/B is very close in size to a triple M4 mag pouch.

My HSGI B/B pouch just showed up. It's actually more like a double M4 mag pouch. Two PMAG's are a snug (but doable) fit..

A 6" Israeli bandage does indeed fit in this pouch. However, there is not a whole lot of room left over for other stuff. I was able to get a chem light in front of it, and some gloves; with a little extra room next to it. There might be enough room for a NPA, catheder, and maybe a compressed gauze, but's about it. I wish this pouch just a tad wider (front to back)..

Link Posted: 11/2/2010 9:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#26]

Thanks for the update. You're right on the double mag pouch vs triple size. I have mine mounted on 2 different chest rigs that have triple size pouches, and remember now that the B/B doesn't stick out as far as they do.

Mine are stocked with little TK4 tourniquets for the small size.  On a DIY blowout kit I made in a 2x2 pouch, I put a CAT in between them with rubber bands.  If you have a CAT or some other larger tqt, that may be an option to free up space inside the pouch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a TK4 on the way, it'll go on the left side of the pouch. I also plan on picking up a CAT, which will go on the other side.

In the past few hours since I took those shots, I pulled out the 6" Izzy and (temporarily) replaced it with a more compact Bloodstopper. By doing that, it has allowed me to put other things in there. Like some gloves and a small roll of tape. The BS will eventually get replaced with a 4" Izzy, but it'll work for now..
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#28]

I have a TK4 on the way, it'll go on the left side of the pouch. I also plan on picking up a CAT, which will go on the other side.

In the past few hours since I took those shots, I pulled out the 6" Izzy and (temporarily) replaced it with a more compact Bloodstopper. By doing that, it has allowed me to put other things in there. Like some gloves and a small roll of tape. The BS will eventually get replaced with a 4" Izzy, but it'll work for now..

In mine I have 2 Combat Gauze, 1 H&H, 1 SWAT Tourniquet, and a ARS..

CAT Tourniquet on the outside..

CXS

Link Posted: 11/3/2010 2:53:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Schuey2k2] [#29]

In mine I have 2 Combat Gauze, 1 H&H, 1 SWAT Tourniquet, and a ARS..
CAT Tourniquet on the outside..

CXS

As soon as all the medical stuff that I ordered gets here, I plan on running the following in it:

4" Izzy, some duct tape, Pri-Med compressed gauze, 14 gauge catheter, NPA w/surgilube, two safety pins, 1 pr. Nitrile gloves, an alcohol prep wipe; and maybe a chemlight, if it will fit. It might go outside. A TK4 (in an OSOE pouch) will also be added to one side of the pouch.  A CAT will eventually be added to my chest rig, also.

I also have an extra 1.5" long tritium vial that I am hanging in there for emergency lighting purposes. That or I might add a small squeeze light instead. Still deciding.....

That's the plan, anyways...
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#30]
What 5yo Kid wouldn't love a trauma kit for their birthday?

Gotta train her how to use it now..

She liked my gift more than all the Dolls and other crap people gave her..

CXS
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice gift. Always good to give first aid gear. Once she learns to use it, she'll be light years ahead of her playground mates who scrounge dirt & leaves for wound care.

You've inspired me. I may create a kit & give it as a gift to close friends or family who shoot. Would consider selling, but good tourniquets and long iv catheters would keep the price up.  I shall call it Sleepdr's Hasty Intervention Trauma KIT.

Link Posted: 11/9/2010 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Nice gift. Always good to give first aid gear. Once she learns to use it, she'll be light years ahead of her playground mates who scrounge dirt & leaves for wound care.

You've inspired me. I may create a kit & give it as a gift to close friends or family who shoot. Would consider selling, but good tourniquets and long iv catheters would keep the price up.  I shall call it Sleepdr's Hasty Intervention Trauma KIT.

The 4x4 HemCon and CAT Tourniquet are close to $200 by themselves..

I made sure there were no Needles and No Blades..

CXS

Link Posted: 11/9/2010 9:52:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#34]

CXS

Understood about needles & blades. Even big kid kits don't always have those - you've seen enough of the debates here about tourniquets alone, let alone sharp things.

That stuff adds up quickly. My HemCons are timing out, and doubt they'll get replaced with the same thing. CATs, well, have enough of those mixed with other stuff that my wife calls me a pack rat.

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 4:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schuey2k2] [#35]
Well, after playing with my HSGI B/B pouch for the past few days, I have decided that I want something a little bigger. That way I can get all the medical gear that I need on my chest rig, and not have to cram it into that little pouch.

Not that there's anything wrong with HSGI's B/B pouch. It's a great little pouch. It'll end up on whatever new molle pack that I end up buying, or perhaps a new Go-Bag instead. It'll be stripped down, though; with just a 4" Izzy, Pri-Med gauze, gloves, and a TK4.

So, to quench my never-ending thirst for even more molle goodness (I am hooked on this stuff! lol), I ordered up an ATS small upright GP pouch and their Low Profile medical insert today from Blackstone Tactical. I couldn't pass up on their Veteran's Day sale.

Now I'll have the option of sticking this med insert in either my Eagle upright GP pouch, or this ATS pouch. Plus, I'll now have a place for a Nalgene on my rig if I need it too...

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#36]

CXS

Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy to know I got those two items, an NPA, the pouch, and three izzy's for $19 total.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#37]
There have been several time in my life where I was out shooting with a group of people and we were literally 2 hours from any responding medical types.  

I find it funny that the old "better to have it and not need it" saying is used by so many about guns, but when it comes to some first aid items people scoff at the thought of carrying something that weighs nothing and is the size of a pen.

The top three battlefield killers are bleeding, airway restrictions, and tension pneumothorax.  Any good blow out kit should be able to treat all three.

Take a class, read a book, watch videos on the internetz.  There are tons of resources out there.

The only thing worse then watching one of your buddies experience an injury related to a firearm is watching it and not being able to do anything about it.

This kit is on my belt and is with me anytime I shoot.  I also have a bigger kit in the car with the same stuff and a bunch more other items.

In there you have the following
Shears
Nitrile gloves
CAT tourniquet
Israeli pressure dressing
Gauze
Hemcon Dressing
see through occlusive sticky dressing
Hyfin Chest seal
Chest needle
Small blue led light
duct tape
medical tape
NPA airway device
Tampon

Last but not least INSTRUCTIONS!!! Its good to have a reference under stress.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 9:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smokintonye] [#38]
Got one of these on the way! This will be my first IFAK. Lot's of good info on here. Anyone happen to own one of these?
http://www.usgruntgear.com/newmiifposhp.html
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By smokintonye:
Got one of these on the way! This will be my first IFAK. Lot's of good info on here. Anyone happen to own one of these?
http://www.usgruntgear.com/newmiifposhp.html

That seems a little expensive for nothing more than a no name pouch.  You do know that it doesn't come with anything in it right?
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Actual they make custom gear. they are not extremely well known, but if you look up some reviews of there kit, they get nothing but a ton of praise for there stuff. Yes I know that it does not come with supplies. After looking at some other pouches it seems to be about middle of the road, price wise.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Then I stand corrected.  Fill that thing up!
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I hope the pouch is decent. I ordered it because, I already had an oder in with him for a warbelt and some other pouches. There suff has a Lifetime no B.S no questions asked warrenty. I do wish there were some better pics of it opened up. I also wish I could tell if it unzipped all the way. If it doesn't work out I'll just sell it
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#43]
All of the top nylon gear MFGs have no BS warranties. There really is no reason to go bargain basement shopping. ;)

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dubb-1:
All of the top nylon gear MFGs have no BS warranties. There really is no reason to go bargain basement shopping. ;)

[email protected]

Why would you assume they have bargain basement quality? Do you have any experience with there stuff to back that up? I have some stuff on order and will be able to tell you soon if it is GTG or not. If you would look up some reviews of their kit, you'll see that they have some VERY satisfied people. Robert's patience with all my Stupid questions by email, has already proven that his customer service is excellent, and he truly wants to please his customers.

And NOT all top maufacturers have a no B.S Warrenty!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By flyingjibus:
There have been several time in my life where I was out shooting with a group of people and we were literally 2 hours from any responding medical types.  

I find it funny that the old "better to have it and not need it" saying is used by so many about guns, but when it comes to some first aid items people scoff at the thought of carrying something that weighs nothing and is the size of a pen.

The top three battlefield killers are bleeding, airway restrictions, and tension pneumothorax.  Any good blow out kit should be able to treat all three.

Take a class, read a book, watch videos on the internetz.  There are tons of resources out there.

The only thing worse then watching one of your buddies experience an injury related to a firearm is watching it and not being able to do anything about it.

This kit is on my belt and is with me anytime I shoot.  I also have a bigger kit in the car with the same stuff and a bunch more other items.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/Firearms/P1010227.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/Firearms/P1010228.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/Firearms/P1010229.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/Firearms/P1010230.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/flyingjibus/Firearms/P1010232.jpg

In there you have the following
Shears
Nitrile gloves
CAT tourniquet
Israeli pressure dressing
Gauze
Hemcon Dressing
see through occlusive sticky dressing
Hyfin Chest seal
Chest needle
Small blue led light
duct tape
medical tape
NPA airway device
Tampon

Last but not least INSTRUCTIONS!!! Its good to have a reference under stress.

Color me impressed. Pouch and insert manufacturer?
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
My comment is based solely on the pictures. That's why I said "looks". I have no firsthand experience. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to take a closer look sometime.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FMD:
Color me impressed. Pouch and insert manufacturer?

FWIW, the insert appears to be an  ATS Low Profile Medical Insert. Don't know what brand of pouch he is using...
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#48]
So where is the best place to buy MED. supplies?
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#49]
i have had good luck here:

http://www.chinookmed.com/

fast shipping, good packing, good fresh stuff
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#50]
big kit, stays in house or car

Page / 10
Let's talk med pouches (Page 4 of 10)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top