Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Patriot Performance Materials Patroller Chest System: This is an outstanding piece of gear. Featuring 10 channels of PALS on each side, velcro tape up top to accept nametapes, and large internal pockets for other gear. Every system is fitted to accept the MPH (Map Pocket Holster) that can be purchased separately for $25.00. Every system comes with a four-point cutaway H-harness and waist belt. They have Modular strips so that the operator can change pockets in and out as they see fit.

Patriot Performance Materials Assaulter Chest Sysytem: 16 Channels of PALS, upper velcro for nametape, adaptable to the Map Pocket Holster (MPH), interal storage, ID card slot, H-harness based on the UDT flotation vest design, bombproof, and battle-proven construction

Scott

Link Posted: 1/12/2008 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Original SOE Mookie War Rig:
Original S.O.E.'s famous Mookie War Rig is back! Developed with the help of famous security contractor Ben Thomas, the MWR is the finest design available to the infantry fighter. The original prototype Mookie War Rig was designed from the ground up in collaboration directly with Ben Thomas to meet the unique requirements of offensive combat operations deep in enemy-held areas of Afghanistan, where operators could expect no support and no mercy, and would stand and fight the enemy.

The original MWR#1 prototype went with Ben Thomas straight into harm's way in Afghanistan -- and survived, proving itself in combat. This harness is made using the same exacting specifications that have made John WIllis' gear famous: taped and stitched edges, double thickness hard points, and top-of-the-line raw materials. No expense has been spared for this rig, and it shows. In use by US Marine, US Army, and civilian contractors lucky enough to already have one in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other dark places! Shown above with actual USGI IBA vest.

The Mookie War Rig is constructed to survive the harshest elements known to man. It takes every lesson of the original John WIllis "Frog Rig", built for Navy SEALs operating out of Coronado, and improves upon it. Every aspect of the Mookie War Rig is constructed to withstand the harshest envrionments and strictest demands. Each pocket begins as full box pocket. The competition often uses an incomplete pocket to build integral magpouches or general purpose pouches; they do not place a back on the pockets and instead sew then directly to the rig and use the rig as the rear panel. Original S.O.E. Gear builds complete pockets, with six layers of genuine DuPont Cordura nylon on the bottoms, where the mags wear through. Ten rows of stitching affix each pocket -- multiples more than what others use.

The Original S.O.E. Mookie War Rig comes complete with the Original S.O.E. Yoke system, a harness designed to distribute weight evenly and comfortably. The Yoke has removable closed-cell iso foam for comfort and flotation, elastic loops for routing hydration or comm gear, and highly-adjustable sizing straps at all connections -- our Mookie War Rig exemplifies the term "universal" by being able to be sized in the field, quickly and easily, to fit over MOPP gear, wetsuits, dry suits, and plate carriers. Our drag handle inspires confidence; it's built so tough, you can actually drag a man off the X with it, and not a little kid, either. Our Original S.O.E. Gear Yoke can easily support a 220lb man, with a full fighting loadout of gear -- close to 300lbs or better! We've hung the Mookie War Rig (and all Original S.O.E. harnesses) up and had two men do pullups off of it at the same time, and then turned around a hung a man up while wearing the rig by his carry handle and then the lid of a magpouch!

Link Posted: 1/26/2008 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently got a Tactical Tailor AK Iraqi SF chest rig in Multicam, an excusive item from Rainier Arms, and thought I’d post a review.

This rig was made off the specs for the vest made for the Iraqi Special Forces and originally in Woodland camo.  Rainier Arms requested that Tactical Tailor make them some more of these rigs in Ranger Green and Multicam.

The pouches on this chest rig are very reminiscent of the Russian M23 chest rig.  It has 4 pouches for 30-rnd “intermediate” round sized magazines and a pouch on each side of the vest for one pistol magazine.  Rainer Arms states that it will hold one 7.62 x 39mm 30-rnd Magazine or two 30-rnd AK-74/M16 Magazine in each pouch.  I had no problem getting two 7.62 x 39mm in each pouch and closing the cover.  Those of you that are using Magpul Pmags and having trouble with finding M16/AR rig that they will fit, no worries with this one.  It will hold two Pmags in each pouch fine. The covers on both the rifle and pistol pouch are removable.  The rifle magazine pouches have a bungee cord and keeper at the opening to keep the mags secure, even with one mag in the pouch.  I was also able to fit a .45 Glock 21 mag in the pistol magazine pouch.  These pistol mag pouches would also be great for carrying multitools and small flashlights.

So if you are using a 7.62 x 39mm AK, AK-74, 5.56mm AK or AR/M16, this is definitely a rig to consider. If you missed out on getting a Spec-Ops AK-16 chest rig before they were discontinued, this is a great alternative.  If fact, the TT rig has several features I like a lot better.  I feel the two pistol mag pouches are more useful than the radio pouch on the Spec-Ops rig.  Also the TT rig is available in Multicam.  The more I use Multicam, the more I am convinced it is the way to go.

I have been pretty impressed with this rig.  If you what a great medium sized set up for your AR or definitely your AK, check these out.  It holds plenty of mags and is a reasonable size that isn’t in the way.  Like I said, these are a Rainier Arms exclusive.  They aren’t on their website.  You have to contact Todd directly at [email protected] for ordering instructions.  He is great to do business with.  The Multicam rigs are $85 shipped and the Ranger Green rigs are $80 shipped.

Tactical Tailor AK SF Rig.

From left to right, 5.56mm AK mags, AK-74 mags, 7.62 x 39mm Mags and AR/M16 mags.  Glock 17 mag on left, Glock 21 mag on right.

Rig without pouch covers.

Rig with my SLR-106F

Comparison pic with a Spec-Ops AK-16 pouch above and a Spec-Ops MOUT rig below.

Another comparison pic with a Blackhawk Commando chest rig.

Link Posted: 2/2/2008 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Demon5Romeo:
I recently got a Tactical Tailor AK Iraqi SF chest rig in Multicam, an excusive item from Rainier Arms, and thought I’d post a review.

This rig was made off the specs for the vest made for the Iraqi Special Forces and originally in Woodland camo.  Rainier Arms requested that Tactical Tailor make them some more of these rigs in Ranger Green and Multicam.

The pouches on this chest rig are very reminiscent of the Russian M23 chest rig.  It has 4 pouches for 30-rnd “intermediate” round sized magazines and a pouch on each side of the vest for one pistol magazine.  Rainer Arms states that it will hold one 7.62 x 39mm 30-rnd Magazine or two 30-rnd AK-74/M16 Magazine in each pouch.  I had no problem getting two 7.62 x 39mm in each pouch and closing the cover.  Those of you that are using Magpul Pmags and having trouble with finding M16/AR rig that they will fit, no worries with this one.  It will hold two Pmags in each pouch fine. The covers on both the rifle and pistol pouch are removable.  The rifle magazine pouches have a bungee cord and keeper at the opening to keep the mags secure, even with one mag in the pouch.  I was also able to fit a .45 Glock 21 mag in the pistol magazine pouch.  These pistol mag pouches would also be great for carrying multitools and small flashlights.

So if you are using a 7.62 x 39mm AK, AK-74, 5.56mm AK or AR/M16, this is definitely a rig to consider. If you missed out on getting a Spec-Ops AK-16 chest rig before they were discontinued, this is a great alternative.  If fact, the TT rig has several features I like a lot better.  I feel the two pistol mag pouches are more useful than the radio pouch on the Spec-Ops rig.  Also the TT rig is available in Multicam.  The more I use Multicam, the more I am convinced it is the way to go.

I have been pretty impressed with this rig.  If you what a great medium sized set up for your AR or definitely your AK, check these out.  It holds plenty of mags and is a reasonable size that isn’t in the way.  Like I said, these are a Rainier Arms exclusive.  They aren’t on their website.  You have to contact Todd directly at [email protected] for ordering instructions.  He is great to do business with.  The Multicam rigs are $85 shipped and the Ranger Green rigs are $80 shipped.

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/TTAKRig1.jpg
Tactical Tailor AK SF Rig.

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/TTAKRigOpen.jpg
From left to right, 5.56mm AK mags, AK-74 mags, 7.62 x 39mm Mags and AR/M16 mags.  Glock 17 mag on left, Glock 21 mag on right.

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/TTAKRigWOCovers.jpg
Rig without pouch covers.

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/SLR-106FTTAKRig1.jpg
Rig with my SLR-106F

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/ChestRigs.jpg
Comparison pic with a Spec-Ops AK-16 pouch above and a Spec-Ops MOUT rig below.

i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/Smittyd5r/Gun%20Stuff/TTAK-BHRigs.jpg
Another comparison pic with a Blackhawk Commando chest rig.

Thank You!!!

As much as I like Emdom Double mag pouches, the PMags fit way too tight. I'll have to pick me up one of those AK Rigs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Originally Posted By ski2060:
Now you done it!  I got chewed for being a cheap bastard looking at the 5.11 mini-chest rig not too long ago.  Some people have given them less than stellar construction reviews. Plus they only come in black or FDE.

You can pick up a Tactical Tailor Mini-MAV that is the same as the 5.11 rig, but built better for $37 shipped. And it comes in ARFCOM approved Multicam.

Check on the EE for a post by RainierKnives.

I don't know about their chest rigs, but the 511 TDU's and tactical pants are all I ever wear, and im a civi; I got a pair of their ATAC storm boots that are awsome too.  I don't know why people love to bash.
Link Posted: 3/23/2008 2:03:12 AM EDT
[#6]
New from ATS
The Low Profile Chest Harness

The Low Profile Chest Harness is a combat chest harness with minimal bulk, weight, and "footprint." Out of the box, it is designed to carry three M4 magazines and has two small zippered utility pouches on either side. The harness is constructed with multiple layers of 1000d abrasion and water-resistant Cordura nylon for strength. This layering creates a small, but useful 'hidden' map pocket in the panel body behind the pouches. The Low Profile Chest Harness secures to the body of the wearer by means of a low profile H-harness and detachable waist strap. As with the rest of the ATS Equipment line, the Low Profile Chest Harness is made entirely in the USA of the highest quality components and is backed by a lifetime guarantee
Link Posted: 5/11/2008 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Written by USMC03. I'm adding it to the reference cause he won't

Late last summer I ordered an ATS low profile chest rig, medical pouch, and triple M4 magazine shingle.

I was looking at a couple different low profile platforms to carry a couple extra rifle magazines / pistol magazines / medical supplies. I wanted something that I could throw in my rifle bag for work.

At the time, the low profile chest rig was in the prototype stage and featured (4) open top M4 magazine pouches (covered in 8 channels of PALS webbing), an internal pocket, H-Harness shoulder strap.

I used the ATS Low Profile Chest Rig and Medical Pouch at Larry Vickers Carbine course in September.

The low profile chest rig (prototype) has (4) M4 mag pouches that are covered with 8 channels of PALS webbing. Each M4 mag pouch has an elastic bungee strap to secure the magazine and the mag pouch is also partially lined with a thin black rubber type material (Sure-Grip) that assists with retention when the bungee strap is not in use.

Initially I was a little apprehensive about the Sure-Grip lined magazine pouches. I thought the material may interfer with a smooth draw from the pouch. During the Vickers carbine class and training with the chest rig after the class, I had no problems accessing the magazines from the pouch. The M4 magazine pouches had zero issues with fit or draw of either USGI magazine or Magpul PMAGs.

The shoulder straps are made of 2" wide nylon webbing and the shoulder strap is configured in a H-Harness design. The nylon straps were low profile and comfortable. The only issue I had was horizontal strap that connected the two shoulder straps in the back was a little too wide for me. This was an easy fix, Darrin (Eggroll from www.extremegearlabs.com) was also attending the class and took the chest rig home one night after class and simply folded over and stitched down some of the extra material.

I think this platform would also lend it's self well to being used as a bandoleer for active shooter situations for law enforcement or a civilian who wanted to carry a few extra magazines in a rifle bag.

The ATS Low Profile Chest Rig shown below is no longer in production and has evolved into the current version of the Low Profile Chest Rig which can be seen here: www.atstacticalgear.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=ATS-0034!ATS

I really like the design of the ATS Medical pouch. The ATS Medical Pouch looks like most other medical pouches I have used is a zippered clam shell design, lined with elastic nylon strips inside to hold misc. medical supplies. What sets the ATS Medical Pouch apart from other designs that I have used is that ATS pouch is a "tear away" design.

The ATS pouch is a 2 part system, the base retangular base that attaches to a MOLLE chest rig / vest / body armor is lined with velcro and has a flap that goes over the top of the pouch and a piece of webbing that goes under the bottom of the pouch. The upper flap and bottom webbing each contain a fastex buckle.

The velcro and fastex equiped flap / webbing hold the medical pouch in place. When access to the medical pouch is needed, simply disconnect the fastex buckle which exposes a red pull tab attached to the medical pouch, pull the tab to pull the velcro backed medical pouch away from the velcro lined MOLLE base.

It is much easier to access the medical supplies you need when the pouch is in your hand and you can see everything that is in the pouch, instead of trying to get what you need when the pouch is still mounted to your chest rig / body armor.

The ATS Triple M4 Mag Shingle is extreemly robust in construction, covered in 6 channels of PALS webbing, bungee cord for retention, and ATS' own L-Strap MOLLE fasteners. I found the L-Strap fasteners much more user friendly than other designs and very secure.

The pouches easily fit both USGI M4 magazines and Magpul PMAGs and the bungee straps fit mags with or without Magpul Ranger Plates. Good design, I really like it.

Low profile chest rig front (Tactical Tailor Triple Pistol Mag Pouch and ATS Medical Pouch attached):

Low profile chest rig rear:

ATS Medical Pouch unbuckled:

ATS Medical Pouch removed from MOLLE carrier:

ATS Medical Pouch and Triple M4 Magazine Shingle on an Eagle Ind. All MOLLE Chest Rig:

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of Tactical Tailor's MAV.  Here's mine with a mix of TT and DBT pouches:

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone have the molle137 chest rig from cheaper than dirt? is it decent or a waste of money?
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 11:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RileyS] [#10]
I have the Molle 137, I liked it fine but looked for something better and lighter, then found my DBT lvl3 Molle that serves me well to this day. ETA: I would get it b/c it is a cheap way to find what you really want. I can almost guarantee your first piece of gear will not be exactly what you are looking for.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/Burke888/DSC_0284.jpg
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have experience with this plate carrier and/or Tru-Spec gear in general?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By justbill:
Anyone have experience with this plate carrier and/or Tru-Spec gear in general?

I bought an M/C RACK for a supplemental FAL rig.  Not a plate carrier.  Just has the expandable bib that folds down when not needed.   US-made, milspec materials sewn in Asia.  Direct copy of the SDS RACK system.

The early stuff by Tru-Spec had some cheesy fastexes.  The ones on this rig appear to be the same quality as the real fastexes, but not marked.

The 3-Day Ruck I got still has the older cheesy fastexes.  Quick fix with the "field repair" fastexes with the cut in the back bar.

The "M4" Pouches will also hold one FAL 20 Rd Mag, won't shake out and not hard to remove when needed.

Got specific questions?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By stoner63a:
<snip>
Got specific questions?

Just about quality of materials and sewing. It appears a lot of MOLLE gear may be made in the same factories with different tags sewn in. Price seems to depend a lot on whose tag is on the gear. This Tru-Spec carrier looks like a decent bit of kit but I hoped to get some impressions of their quality before ordering.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By justbill:

Originally Posted By stoner63a:
<snip>
Got specific questions?

Just about quality of materials and sewing. It appears a lot of MOLLE gear may be made in the same factories with different tags sewn in. Price seems to depend a lot on whose tag is on the gear. This Tru-Spec carrier looks like a decent bit of kit but I hoped to get some impressions of their quality before ordering.

Thanks for your input.

Propper and Tru-Spec have US-made, mil-spec materials assembled overseas.  The quality is much higher than the airsoft crap you see on eBay.  Even Condor has improved their QC to the top end of the airsoft market.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know anything about These?
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 3:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Garand_Shooter] [#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Free bumb for a Great thread!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By BillSP1:
Free bumb for a Great thread!  

It's tacked.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have pros/cons of HSS gear? Hopefully one of these or these?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Any readon this was un-stickied/tacked?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joker581] [#23]
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone used the Leapers UTG Tactical Vest?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=VEST-170
Link Posted: 5/9/2010 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump to help others
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Great thread.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#29]
is it just me or are most of the pictures fucked?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By joker581:
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Probably this thread started 5 years ago.

Oh I know, just wondering
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joker581:

Probably this thread started 5 years ago.

are the links not going to get fixed?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Perhaps it is time for a new thread or time to update this one with CURRENT gear.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sidpost:
Perhaps it is time for a new thread or time to update this one with CURRENT gear.  
View Quote

agreed
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AK47CBR:
You are my hero. Please sticky this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Not just you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

Not just you.
View All Quotes

Not just you.

Look at the time difference between your post and the time the thread was started.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

Look at the time difference between your post and the time the thread was started.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

Not just you.

Yep.  I know.  I saw it before I posted.   But I almost missed it.  This thread was resurrected from the deep!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top