Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By BeckettOfNevada:
img480.imageshack.us/img480/3928/00005037xw.jpg

11 mags, 60oz bladder, food , pistol, coat, all the tools for the AR15 and bunch of other little stuff.

Kifaru's E&E?
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
ya i love the little basterd its perfect. hike with it all day or throw it in the back seat . got everything i need.
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 5:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Avalon01] [#3]
Any reviews on the Blackhawk X-4 OPSEC Pack?

Av.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 2:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kisara] [#4]
TT ACU vs Eagle A3 Multicam

The Tactical Tailor 3day pack photos on the first page are old, although that's still what's shown on their website.  There is more rows of molle webbing on the sides, and that side webbing and the rear outer webbing have their channels sewn much closer together instead of so wide like before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 8:21:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangus] [#5]

Originally Posted By Avalon01:

www.elitetacticalsources.com/phpadmin/images/large/blackhawkopsecvest.jpg

Av.

Looks just like the Kelty MAP3500
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
BeckettOfNevada-   Hows that thing ride?  The pic on the website showed it low, that seems uncomfortable.  Hows your experience with the no padding straps?
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
the straps are really wide, and i use it for everything mostly hunting and i can pack it all day very comfortably.
this is were i put my 60 oz bladder

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag

I missed this one

Path thanks for doing everybodies homework.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By BRONZ:
Path thanks for doing everybodies homework.

Hardly... the magic of cut & paste just makes it look like I did research and almost makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Considering the spec ops "the pack" in acu or the eagle a111 molle in multicam.
I've been thinking of the spec ops for a long time but not certain about the straps after reading the posts about it here.
It would be the 1st assult size military pack I've had though so not certain what to look for exactly. they each seem to be quality packs overall though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Holly smokes.

How did I ever miss this thread.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 1:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quarterbore] [#12]
tagged

Found this review because I was looking for more info on the PALS webbing...

www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/KifaruPacks.asp
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Quarterbore:
tagged

Found this review because I was looking for more info on the PALS webbing...

www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/KifaruPacks.asp

Got an email from a Kifaru sales rep. and they are considering a slightly larger Zulu that may come out in early spring...if I can wait...
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 12:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#15]

Originally Posted By JohnnyP:
Got an email from a Kifaru sales rep. and they are considering a slightly larger Zulu that may come out in early spring...if I can wait...

Mel and Kevin have been talking about quite a few new products that are in the prototype/testing phase right now and someo f them should be on the Kifaru table at Shot Show 2006.

New Product Update: The Omni-Yoke!
Omni-Yoke pictures

New Products in the Works!
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the footwork Pathfinder......

Is this a blatant Rip Off of the Kelty Pack or what?
[/some things never change]

Originally Posted By Avalon01:

Av.

Link Posted: 11/16/2005 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
My first reaction was the same. I have a feeling that the Kelty pack isn't nearly as rigid/stiff (material wise) as the BHI pack. To me BHI stuff, when it's new, seems like starched cardboard... and don't brush up against it, you'll get "rug" burns.

Can't say for sure though.

BHI's pack:
- $199.99
- Includes 100 oz HydraStorm® Hydration System ($27.95 value)
- 1000 denier NyTaneon and Mil Spec webbing
- ?,??? cubic in. volume
- Dimensions: 21” H x 14” W x 7.75” D
- Wt: 4.20 lbs
- 3 color choices

Kelty:
- $134.95
- No hydration system
- 1000 denier Kodra construction, double stitched
- 3,500 cubic in. volume
- Dimensions: 21 H x 14 W x 11 D
- Wt: 4 lbs
- 5 color choices

Originally Posted By quijanos:
Thanks for the footwork Pathfinder......

Is this a blatant Rip Off of the Kelty Pack or what?
[/some things never change]

Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:16:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jollyroger] [#18]
pathfinder:  If you are talking about the Kelty MAP 3500,it DOES have an interior hydration pouch.

ETA:  I just re-read your post, it does not come with the bladder but it is able to accept one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#19]
At your Request:

Some things to keep in mind:
Every pound adds up, just as fast as every ounce does... You will feel it.
Once Im happy with a piece of gear I remove things I dont use or need. (i.e. tags, excess straps)
When you start adding the pouches and piggy-back packs Your adding more pounds and ounces. So youll better serve yourself by starting off light. The pointman is the lightest for the capacity.
You can weigh everything you have individually, then pack it in two packs then weigh them individually. It will add up to more when weighed as a whole. Then weigh both packs and it will weigh more. Funny how it works, but it happens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PACK--------VOL.----------WT.---------------ACCESS---------------Accepts cargo chair
EMR -------- 7,500 c.i. ----- 8 lbs.---------top/ bottom/ sides/ radio------------------ yes
MMR-------- 4,300 c.i.------ 7 lbs. 4 oz.---top/ bottom/ sides/ radio------------------ yes
Navigator---- 4,000 c.i.----- 6 lbs. 5 oz.--- panel/ radio/ bottom ---------------------- yes
Pointman---- 3,000 c.i.------ 4 lbs. 15 oz.-- top/ bottom/ radio------------------------ yes
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys, TT has their three day packs for sale right now for 67 bucks!  Not a bad deal I say. www.tacticaltailor.com
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is Camelbak BFM

http://www.finnrappel.fi/Camel03BFM.jpg

Capasity: 3 ltr
Cargo: 44,7 ltr
Dimensions: 533 mm x 330 mm x 254 mm
Weight: 2,53 kg

And if you need..you can use BFM medbak insert with it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By BT96:
Here is Camelbak BFM

www.finnrappel.fi/Camel03BFM.jpg

Capasity: 3 ltr
Cargo: 44,7 ltr
Dimensions: 533 mm x 330 mm x 254 mm
Weight: 2,53 kg

And if you need..you can use BFM medbak insert with it.

Now thats what I'm talkin about

Anyone got a review for this one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I did a "BFM vs MOTHERLODE" review over a year ago in the Survival Forum.  You can Archive Search it.  IM me for the photos you need as the photo server for that thread is long gone now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks IM sent
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GetDown_M4A3] [#27]
Here's a photo that I took of my Tactical Tailor 3-Day Assault Pack this morning.

I have removed the metal zipper pulls and replaced them with 550 paracord. The left side of webbing holds a MaxPedition M-2, and the rear webbing holds a TT three-magazine panel. I use this pack for running and range duty. I recently used it to carry all of my needed gear for a week of carbine operator training, and it was very convenient. I got it for $68 during the sale last month.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By GetDown_M4A3:
Here's a crappy photo that I took with poor lighting tonight of my Tactical Tailor 3-Day Assault Pack. I normally don't take crappy photos.

I have removed the metal zipper pulls and replaced them with 550 paracord. The left side of webbing holds a MaxPedition M-2, and the rear webbing holds a TT three-magazine panel. I use this pack for running and range duty. I recently used it to carry all of my needed gear for a week of carbine operator training, and it was very convenient. I got it for $68 during the sale last month.

agreed, i got the woodland and attached 550 cord shortly after i opened the package. nice little pack for sure ... also got the kelty MAP3500 in this week and loaded it up to the hilt ... waiting on a couple items, and then i'll post a few pics.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#30]
just for kicks (click image for full size):
tactical tailor 3DAP

kelty 3500MAP (sage color):

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Is the waist belt detachable on the tactical tailor 3-day assault pack?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Negative.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#33]
You can remove the waistbelt by running web material back through slides attached to bag along the bottom corners. I tried my pack with and without the belt a prefer it without. I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#34]
anybody got one of the eagle IIIa MOLLE packs, and how you runnin it?........................
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By beware1gun:
anybody got one of the eagle IIIa MOLLE packs, and how you runnin it?........................

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#36]
TAG!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Request to the folks who have posted pictures and/or links into this thread. Try to keep this discussion fresh and edit your posts if they are showing red x's or dead links. Otherwise it isn't heling anyone.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Great thread....

I was a little confused as to what size was considered a "3 day pack" Apparently backpackers need a lot more crap for 3 days than most .mil people considering the size of most packs presented here.

From Backpacker.com

2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches. This size works as a high-volume daypack or an ultralight overnight bag. These packs will hold a light sleeping bag and the minimum of camp essentials (light stove, pot, small tent) for short, warm-weather trips.

3,000 to 4,500 cubic inches. You'll find this size ideal for three-season weekend trips. They'll hold all the camp essentials as well as some warm clothes and enough food for a couple of days.

4,500 to 6,000 cubic inches. This size is the mainstay among the backpacking community. Perfect for long weekends or weeklong outings. These packs comfortably hold all the essentials, additional warm clothes, plus any extra camp comforts you might want to bring along.

6,000-plus cubic inches. Whether planning a month-long expedition or just a week of snowshoeing, you'll need this size to swallow all the extra gear and clothing for the adventure. They're also useful for folks who end up with the bulk of their family's communal gear (e.g., tent, stoves, food) during family trips.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
Great thread....

I was a little confused as to what size was considered a "3 day pack" Apparently backpackers need a lot more crap for 3 days than most .mil people considering the size of most packs presented here.

From Backpacker.com

2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches. This size works as a high-volume daypack or an ultralight overnight bag. These packs will hold a light sleeping bag and the minimum of camp essentials (light stove, pot, small tent) for short, warm-weather trips.

3,000 to 4,500 cubic inches. You'll find this size ideal for three-season weekend trips. They'll hold all the camp essentials as well as some warm clothes and enough food for a couple of days.

4,500 to 6,000 cubic inches. This size is the mainstay among the backpacking community. Perfect for long weekends or weeklong outings. These packs comfortably hold all the essentials, additional warm clothes, plus any extra camp comforts you might want to bring along.

6,000-plus cubic inches. Whether planning a month-long expedition or just a week of snowshoeing, you'll need this size to swallow all the extra gear and clothing for the adventure. They're also useful for folks who end up with the bulk of their family's communal gear (e.g., tent, stoves, food) during family trips.

Thanks for the great info!

Not to pull the thread from it's original topic, but what about some linky's to:

1) Proper Packing and Packing Tips

2) What to pack in your 3 day assault pack for that upcoming 3 day assault! AKA Packing Essentials.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By hepcat85:
1) Proper Packing and Packing Tips Good idea.

2) What to pack in your 3 day assault pack for that upcoming 3 day assault! AKA Packing Essentials. I'd say in that case you need to know the mission before you can pack for it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#41]
TAD GEAR F.A.S.T. PACK ALPHA

$189.00

FEATURES
- EXCLUSIVE COVERT WATER RESISTANT YKK NYLON ZIPPERS
- EXCLUSIVE TAD "TRANSPORT TAIL" DESIGN
- PADDED LOAD BEARING WAIST BELT
- HYDRATION COMPATIBLE
- TUBE GUIDES ON STRAPS
- TOP AND BOTTOM COMPRESSION STRAPS FOR SLEEPING BAG, ROPE, BULKY GARMENTS, ETC
- ACCESSORY MODULES CAN BE ADDED ON TO ATTACHMENT POINTS USING Malice Clips.
- PALS STYLE WEBBING THRUOUT
- DUAL NALGENE BOTTLE POCKETS
- ACCESSORY MODULES CAN BE ADDED ON TO ATTACHMENT POINTS USING Malice Clips
- TOP CARRY HANDLE
- WEIGHT = 2.8LBS
- COLORS: BLACK (SOLD OUT) or OD GREEN
- VOLUME = 1800 cu in
- LIFETIME WARRANTY

TAD GEAR F.A.S.T PACK ALPHA  : : : : Limited Custom Edition : : : :
Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easier maintenance
High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
#AS-100 High grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
High tensile strength nylon webbing
1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#42]

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:

Originally Posted By hepcat85:
1) Proper Packing and Packing Tips Good idea.

2) What to pack in your 3 day assault pack for that upcoming 3 day assault! AKA Packing Essentials. I'd say in that case you need to know the mission before you can pack for it.

Thanks Pathfinder.

Agreed on#2, more specifcs are needed.

I guess I was trying to get a sense of general loads and packing methods. Think of #2 as a more specific of #1 that might include examples of current loadouts used by members.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like Patriot Perfomance Materials has updated their 3Day Packs... .much nicer looking now.

Link

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#44]
bump
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
It's tacked... you don't need to bump it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Here's a pic of the Kifaru E&E (and my backside).

They are great folks to deal with and after a minor glitch on their part,
.......they made things better and sent me a few free items that I simply inquired about .   Excellent Customer Service, willing to make things right and direct contact from the owner was Above and Beyond what I call "Service".  Their products are heavy duty, quality gear and made in the USA
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Can anyone give a good apples-to-apples comparison of the Eagle AIII and the Tactical Tailor 3 Day packs (current TT sale notwithstanding, i.e. if price weren't an issue)?

I think I have narrowed it dow to these two (and possibly the Camelbak BFM.)  Basically I am looking for a pack that can use a framesheet, hydration compatible, waistbelt, molle webbing a bonus, and has a way to mount a sleeping pack/stuff bag to the outside (for carrying spare jackets and the like).  I am pretty much sold on the TT pack EXCEPT that I don't see an easy way to mount a stuff sack or butt pack directly to the pack.  Am I missing something?

Amusingly, I have a Jansport backpak that is pretty much the forerunner of the 3 day pack, except that it has 3 top zip compartments and 2 smaller zippered compartments and is dark blue. I used all through college and currently use for hiking with the g/f...We pack some spare layers of clothing, water bottles, etc in it.  The only problems I have had is that it was made long before contoured straps (amrs can get numb with heavy loads over long distances), it is not bladder compatible, and needs a framesheet when it has 2-3 layers of soft clothing in it (rides low and funny).  Hell, maybe I should just send it to TT for the pack strap mods!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingGlory] [#49]

Originally Posted By Dawg180:
Can anyone give a good apples-to-apples comparison of the Eagle AIII and the Tactical Tailor 3 Day packs (current TT sale notwithstanding, i.e. if price weren't an issue)?

I think I have narrowed it dow to these two (and possibly the Camelbak BFM.)  Basically I am looking for a pack that can use a framesheet, hydration compatible, waistbelt, molle webbing a bonus, and has a way to mount a sleeping pack/stuff bag to the outside (for carrying spare jackets and the like).  I am pretty much sold on the TT pack EXCEPT that I don't see an easy way to mount a stuff sack or butt pack directly to the pack.  Am I missing something?

I've used the Eagle and own a TT. Essentially the same pack, though the fit and finish on the TT is way better and for me the adjustments actually stayed adjusted vs. the Eagle. There are no straps on the bottom of the TT to mount a compression sack but there is a piece of webbing that has 4 loops in it, I got two pieces of strapping and put it through to get it to attach. Looks kinda rigged but it survived 200+ miles of hiking, trips through 4 european airports + checked baggage. I still want to get something sewed on for piece of mind. If those straps are a must have I'd go with the Eagle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dawg180] [#50]

Originally Posted By FlamingGlory:

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

I've used the Eagle and own a TT. Essentially the same pack, though the fit and finish on the TT is way better and for me the adjustments actually stayed adjusted vs. the Eagle. There are no straps on the bottom of the TT to mount a compression sack but there is a piece of webbing that has 4 loops in it, I got two pieces of strapping and put it through to get it to attach. Looks kinda rigged but it survived 200+ miles of hiking, trips through 4 european airports + checked baggage. I still want to get something sewed on for piece of mind. If those straps are a must have I'd go with the Eagle.

LOL, well prety much the stuff sack would be for stowing a spare jacket and sweater, not lugging a sleeping bag 200 miles.  Sounds like the TT will be more than suffiecient.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top