Posted: 8/17/2005 7:39:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 7:40:31 PM EST by pathfinder74]
Thanks to SJSAMPLE for bringing this to my attention in this
This pack is obviously pushing the size capacity as being more than a 3DAP, but I've posted other packs that are on the borderline as well, so what the heck.
Arc'Teryx M40 Pack
Our most spacious M fits what you'll need for a true 3-day load. Drybag™ closure, Wrap™ carrying system and quick release clips provide a place for essential tools while snow-shedding x-Pac™ keeps the gear inside dry. The M40 is packed with technical features and finished off with super tough 630D Nylon and Hypalon® to ensure longevity and durability.
• Alpine clips
• Bladder pocket, hose clip for adding a hydration
• Drybag™ lid closure seals securely and provides
quick, easy access
• Dual quick release pole or probe grip clip
• External compression straps
• Ice axe loops
• Integrated shovel pocket
• Thermoformed back panel, shoulder straps and interchangeable hipbelt
• Y-Frame suspension
• WaterTight™ zippers
• Wrap System™ for quick ski and board attachment
• High stitch count of 14-16 stitches per inch - With a stitch count higher than industry standards, we achieve stronger seams that capture more yarns and eliminate the need to double stitch.
• Lamination Technology - We've pioneered the technology of lamination construction to create leaner, more functional and durable garments. Instead of sewing, we glue in our pockets, zippers, hems and drawcords.
• Thermomoulding - We have invented sculpted hipbelts and shoulder straps that curve with the body's contours. Our waist belt is constructed with multiple layers of foam to optimize support and minimize discomfort.
• Drybag™ Closure - The DryBag™ closure system is weatherproof and incredibly easy to use with gloves. Super-quick access and a large opening makes diving into your pack a much easier process.
• Wrap System™ - This unique system carries your board with incredible security. It's super stable, keeps the board out of your way and is quick and easy to load and unload. Removable and integrated with compression straps, it's the best carrying system available.* *Salomon license patent #US 5647522.
• Quick Release Pole Grip - A unique clip that provides a secure lash point for tubular items (ie. poles and shovel handles) that's easy to operate with or without gloves.
• Die Cut Hypalon® - We die cut extremely abrasion resistant Hypalon™ for increased durability and finish this process with rounded shapes and components that wear longer and are less likely to catch on sharp things.
• x-Pac™ Fabric - We sourced x-Pac™ fabric for exceptional long-term durability and water shedding properties. Instead of simply coating the interior, this fabric is constructed with a three-layer bonding process. A new white-backed laminate ensures great pack visibility when searching for stowed gear.
Weight: 2100 grams / 74 oz
Volume: 36 Liters / 2197 cubic inches
Sizes: S, R, T
Colours: Black Cinder
• HDPE framesheet
• 6061-T6 Aluminum stays
• x-Pac™ vx21
• 630D Superpack Nylon
"There are advantages to a .308 as well, you can shoot bears and refrigerators."