Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 10:40:56 AM EDT
Trying to find information on why the Mini Shells are no where to be found. Some sites list as "Discontinued" but they were one of the main products that Aquila pitched at SHOT. Anyone have any info or know a supplier?

Gunbroker seems to be the only route but choices are slim.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a friend and fellow form member tell me that the Agulia Plant that made the mini shells caught fire a months ago. From what he said they are not in production at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There are options even noblesport mini seem to be in stock in some places.
12 gauge mini
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have any reloading data to cut down a regular 12ga shell for these?  I think the 12ga shells are thicker as they get closer to the brass, so I don't know if simply cutting shells shorter would work.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried or has information.  I haven't seen the Aquila shells in stock in many years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
2 different lgs around me had a nice pile last week.

One shop had buck, slug and bird. One had buck and bird, first I've seen in awhile.

I've been buying the slightly longer Herters brand at Cabelas. Fit one extra shell in the tube and they feed great with no adapters.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Herter's are simply re-branded Italian Nobelsport 2 1/4 inch shells.

Hows the recoil compared to a standard reduced recoil shell?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have any reloading data to cut down a regular 12ga shell for these?  I think the 12ga shells are thicker as they get closer to the brass, so I don't know if simply cutting shells shorter would work.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried or has information.  I haven't seen the Aquila shells in stock in many years.
View Quote
Me to as I have an old mec I been itching to try out this would be my reason. Heck I would even buy a load all if it would work to make me some mini shells lord knows I have enough empty hulls to practice with.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the Herter's are simply re-branded Italian Nobelsport 2 1/4 inch shells.

Hows the recoil compared to a standard reduced recoil shell?
View Quote
bout the same to me.  Nowhere near the powder puff level of the mini shells  

Last time I was at Cabelas the Herters were 4.99 a box of 10 so I bought a bunch.  The mini shells were around 20 a box the other day.

But honestly I don't really focus on recoil   I don't even had a pad on my buttstock.  So I have a hard time distinguishing low vs reg when I'm shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top