Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 8:53:06 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with these? My father in law is selling me one for $250 with a nice Nikon scope on it, probably has less than 50 rounds through it. Plan is to get some Hogue furniture and an 18.5" barrel for general HD duties and keep the 24" rifled barrel around for deer season.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I use an 835 with 24" rifled barrel with cantilever scope mount for deer hunting. My son uses a 20ga 500 with the rifled cantilever scope mount barrel.

We have killed a s--t ton of deer with our shotguns.

Mine is accurate enough, producing 3" groups at 100yds with Lightfield slugs. My son's is really accurate, like three touching at 100ds, with Federal all copper slugs.

$250 seems steep, but is been awhile since I bought a Mossburg.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
$250 with a scope is steep?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
JPK, just in case you may be interested, Mossberg Does indeed make an 18" Heavy Walled Barrel for HD/Security for the 835.

It can only be had Parkerized, and when I bought mine 3 years ago it cost me a little over $125 shipped.

You would have to call the Mossberg CS 800 number, as it is an un-published product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top