Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 3:36:45 PM EDT
I need some really LOW recoil buckshot ammo for a pump gun.

Agulia Min-Shells would be nice, but I'm not sure they're still making it since I can't find any.
When I do see a price it's very expensive.

I'd like some advice on what is the lowest recoiling buckshot 2/34" load brand and source.
#4 Buckshot would be preferable, but looks like almost everything is #00.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a mold and make them from trap loads
Drill out the center of thecrimp
Dump shot. Cast into buck
Stuff buck back in
Hot glue a overshot card on top.

Try to keep the load weight the same.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
On occasion, I've found low recoil buckshot from Rio on the shelf at Cabela's. Ran great through my 870.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Federal makes a low recoil buckshot with and without the flite control wad, patterns really well either way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Spartan 00 is stupid low recoil.  Bought it at academy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spartan 00 is stupid low recoil.  Bought it at academy.
View Quote
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Never use mini shells for defense,  they arent stone cold reliable for cycling. Ive had them completely jump and do a 180 in the chamber.

Federal flight control wad loads are all Inwould trust when my ass is on the line.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Minishells
View Quote
This.

I am very impressed with Aguila.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Fiocchi and Federal offer low-recoil buck that patterns well from a cylinder bore, but try different loads to see what works best in your gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
whats the the desired end result you're looking for?
if it's purely recoil reduction then maybe we can make some other suggestions too. What's your shotgun setup?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I've found spartan to recoil just a touch more than bulk birdshot. It's cheap at SGAMMO as well.

Suprema from Walmart is a bit more stout than spartan, and about $2/box more. But you can get it locally.

Estate shells seem to recoil the harshest of bulk loads, and also pattern the worst in my gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
SGammo has the Federal low recoil #1 buck loads with flite control.
I just shot a few rounds today, and it is low recoil.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SGammo has the Federal low recoil #1 buck loads with flite control.
I just shot a few rounds today, and it is low recoil.
View Quote
I use LE132 #1 buckshot for my pump shotguns. Also have some LE132 00 buckshot  and also have some LE133 8 pellet buckshot. For HD distances if you cannot find Federal Flight-Control I would not hesitate to use Federal Low Recoil 9 pellet 00. I tend to use Federal low recoil 9 pellet for practice. I am not recoil sensitive so if I cannot find low recoil for practice I use Federal or Rio full power buckshot loads. Federal full power loads are 1325 FPS and Rio are 1345 FPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top