Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 12:06:34 PM EDT
Loved my Saiga 12, but prices have gone too high IMO. Wanted to get a Leader Arms AR-12, but cannot find one locally. (Not dealing with FFL transfer pain in the butt)

Benelli, etc are also more $ than I can justify on a range toy.

Anyone here have experience w/the EAA MKA1919 Match or the Stoeger Model 3000?
Maybe even a VEPR 12
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You're asking about a bunch of different shotguns that fill very different roles.

I would recommend a Beretta A300 for a general purpose shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Lightly used Benelli's are going pretty cheap on gun broker right now.   A VEPR with all the accessories and mods will get you up to $1k pretty easy, you can find a nice Benelli for less than that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
VEPR-12 around $800 new.
Less for a used Benelli (my recommendation).
If you can't afford $600-700, get a used Remington 11-87 and have it looked over by someone with a good reputation for repairing them. They're cheap, and have very few problems not solved by replacing parts or peening with a punch & hammer (shell latches).

I have experience with the original MKA1919 and wouldn't recommend any of them. They are cheaply made guns with soft parts.
The Stoeger is a good Benelli approximation, but replacement part availability can be a problem. This is true of any non-immensely-popular import. I see MGW carries them, but is out of some essential components (because people needed to replace theirs?) They can also have QC problems the Benelli will not have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're asking about a bunch of different shotguns that fill very different roles.

I would recommend a Beretta A300 for a general purpose shotgun.
View Quote
Again, just a range toy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
VEPR-12 around $800 new.
Less for a used Benelli (my recommendation).
If you can't afford $600-700, get a used Remington 11-87 and have it looked over by someone with a good reputation for repairing them. They're cheap, and have very few problems not solved by replacing parts or peening with a punch & hammer (shell latches).

I have experience with the original MKA1919 and wouldn't recommend any of them. They are cheaply made guns with soft parts.
The Stoeger is a good Benelli approximation, but replacement part availability can be a problem. This is true of any non-immensely-popular import. I see MGW carries them, but is out of some essential components (because people needed to replace theirs?) They can also have QC problems the Benelli will not have.
View Quote
Benelle M4 or another model? I'm looking for something with a 18.5" barrel &, hopefully, also has a pistol grip as part of the stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Another model... M1 or M2. Look for an Entry if you want a 14" SBS. They're awesome. 
The M4 is great, but it's up to you if it's worth the money. The older guns shoot the same shells and weigh less.
If you don't find the one you desire with the pistol grip stock, price the stock separately. It's easy to swap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a shop has the VEPR in stock for $800. I have heard of better deals, though...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked on GB today and saw several of the fixed-stock VEPRs NIB around $700.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If it's just a range toy, then yeah the VEPR 12 would be my choice.

I have a Beretta 1301 Tactical that I enjoy for 3-gun and home defense. I'd probably go with a longer barrel and lower capacity Beretta for hunting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you thought about any of the CZ-712 models?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Again, just a range toy.
View Quote
Different kinds of ranges. 3-gun type range? Just blasting away indoors? Clay shooting range?

I'd still recommend the A300, because it'll do everything you want and won't need any work to make it run the way you want it to.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two Beretta 1301 shotguns. Both have been uber reliable with everything from light loads to slugs. I've put about 2500 rounds through them (combined). Throw an Aridus industries latch and shroud on it and shoot the hell out of it.

Fastest shotgun I've ever shot and recoils very softly.

Can be had with a Mesa pistol grip stock if that's your thing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Since a Leaders Arms is impossible to find around here, I am leaning toward a VEPR 12. best local price so far is $800. However, someone said they got one for $700 si I am hoping to find a better deal.
Also willing to buy used to we shall see!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Different kinds of ranges. 3-gun type range? Just blasting away indoors? Clay shooting range?

I'd still recommend the A300, because it'll do everything you want and won't need any work to make it run the way you want it to.
View Quote
Just shooting paper indoors
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top