Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 10:02:33 PM EDT
Uhh... why is $5,000-$6,500 the going rate on GunBroker for an authentic one? That's kinda astounding to me since I imagine they mass produced them through both world wars.

Are there quality repros out there?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Norinco did one a few years back. Not sure of quality however.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
WWI guns are solid frame. WWII are all take downs. Like above not rare but not plentiful either. Should be in the low to mid $2,000 range WWI Remington model 10 and WWII Ithacas usually bring the high money $4-5000 range though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the norinco ones and it's never let me down.

No way I'd pay that much for a real one
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Winchester also sold the trench guns for the Police during the 60s and 70s. My neighbor is a retired Boston cop, and he bought one that the department had in storage. He paid $75 for it. It still looks new. He says he will sell it to me someday. Someday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The original military trench and riots are climbing out of sight.

For an enjoyable shooter, I would suggest an IAC/Norinco or find an original to make it a faux trench.

I found this bargain 97 for $125 at a show in late 2016, so you can find working originals for reasonable at times.  

A damaged long barrel or a polychoke gun can be had cheaply at times and be cut down. Add a replica shroud and you have a Trench.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WWI guns are solid frame. WWII are all take downs. Like above not rare but not plentiful either. Should be in the low to mid $2,000 range WWI Remington model 10 and WWII Ithacas usually bring the high money $4-5000 range though.
View Quote
I do believe the WWI Remingon Model 10 trench gun and the WWII Ithaca M37 trench guns are well into five figures these days. I picked up my 1969 vintage M37 trenchie from a guy who had just bought a WWII M37 trench gun. IIRC that gun was close to $15K and that was years ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably because after getting beat to death for decade after decade of combat most of them got shit canned/ left overseas for surviving authentic examples are rare. 

Of the surviving examples in the states, one that still have original/ armory refinish parts are more rare still. I.E. my M12 Riot got the standard 50's surplus shotgun makeover of a different stock with recoil pad, and external ported choke (weaver in my case). 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Im 1995 we did a fam fire with shotguns before going on a deployment to guard refugee camps in Cuba. All the shotguns were 870's but I did happen to see an old school M37 that was brought out but not shot. I thought it was left over from WWII and wondered how it was still in service. Had the heat shield and what looked like the old pre Vietnam bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im 1995 we did a fam fire with shotguns before going on a deployment to guard refugee camps in Cuba. All the shotguns were 870's but I did happen to see an old school M37 that was brought out but not shot. I thought it was left over from WWII and wondered how it was still in service. Had the heat shield and what looked like the old pre Vietnam bayonet lug.
View Quote
That M37 if a WWII gun and not a Vietnam era contract gun would be worth some bank.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I do believe the WWI Remingon Model 10 trench gun and the WWII Ithaca M37 trench guns are well into five figures these days. I picked up my 1969 vintage M37 trenchie from a guy who had just bought a WWII M37 trench gun. IIRC that gun was close to $15K and that was years ago.
View Quote
I just saw a Model 10 trench come into an LGS on a trade, it was missing the lug and the heat shield but was martial marked had the mil swivels installed and had the cuts in the barrel for the lug and no hole for sight bead so it was legit. They probably stole it and they wouldn't give me a price as they had just got it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top