Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:05:31 PM EDT
Thinking of slapping a 6shot mesa saddle on my 870 for HD, I've heard from a few that if you actually use the gun alot (training,course, etc) the saddle screws come loose and then rattle under recoil causing the pin holes to oval in shape. There was a you tube video on it as well. So I'm just trying to see from guys who use their shotguns extensively, if that is a problem you have come across?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get an skd shot card it can be velcro attached. No issue and is secure and fast removal. Also cheap. My cheap remington 870 tactical with skd shot card. Only reason I am chiming in here is. I was in the same boat last year and was guided by fellows here to the cards I was going to get a side saddle. A card like the ones I have in my pictures each fits into magazine pouches that hold a 30 round ar magazine. So they can be attached to the gun fast and can be added to a vest or bug out bag easy as well.

Mossberg 500 shockwave with skd shotcard
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get an skd shot card it can be velcro attached. No issue and is secure and fast to removal. Also cheap. My cheap remington 870 tactical with skd shot card.
View Quote
i was considering that as an option as well, thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my 870 never had a problem coming lose. I do use blue loctite on the screws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up with the Mesa Tactical 6rd. SureShell side-saddle for my Benelli SNT, simply because the receiver was too oddly shaped to effectively mount the more frugal Velcro setups you see on Remingtons and Mossbergs. Mine is rock solid and has held up fine so far. However, if it's going on an 870, my recommendations are 1) do the Thrift Shop Velcro method on the receiver (its cheap and easy and works) or 2) do the Mesa only if you want the option of a picatinny rail on op of the receiver for mounting optics and what not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top