Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2017 2:30:10 PM EDT
I've been wanting a Benelli M4 for a long time but have always put it on the back burner because I don't care much for shotguns. Well I got lucky and found a deal on one, got it for 1500$ out the door and the 12 gauge is growing on me.

Going to pick up a light and sling, might swap out the sights for tritium. Maybe a couple different chokes.

Will get some more pictures up soon
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score.  But I gotcha beat, got mine for $1300.  

Still haven't shot it, though...
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one so baddddd Nice finds
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
In before

an AR is all you need
Shotguns are for birds, If you get attacked by birds you're good
Shot guns are a waste of money, more ammo, more training

etc etc etc

excellet shotgun, enjoy it in a long and healthy life..
I've a tricked out 1187 that wants to be THAT shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In before

an AR is all you need

etc etc etc

View Quote

A shotgun has its place and it is more than just birds. It is like a .38 or .357 revolver it was putting shitbirds on their backs way before the fancy carbines and wonder nines.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
*forgot to quote*
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In before

an AR is all you need

etc etc etc

View Quote

I never preached this to people like some do but I felt that way to some extent for a long time but I don't feel like any aresenal is complete without a solid 12 gauge.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's an awesome deal! With the full capacity mag and collapsible stock? I thought I got the deal of a lifetime, you ought to be ashamed of getting such a good deal and not taking it out for some fun!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I'm officially in the market now I hope to find a deal when able.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

$1300.00..................................?????

How and where did you score that?  New or slightly used?  I just ordered a Remington V3 and a Beretta 1301 Tactical....  The M4 is still on my "WANT" list..!!

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$1300.00..................................?????

How and where did you score that?  New or slightly used?  I just ordered a Remington V3 and a Beretta 1301 Tactical....  The M4 is still on my "WANT" list..!!

Thanks,
D
View Quote

Yeah, kinda stole it.  

Estate sale, lightly used, friend of a friend.  Just wanted to get rid of it, and I was happy to oblige.

I fail at shotguns.  Bought a fully converted Saiga 12 a few years ago, never fired it.  Ditto a brand new JM Pro 930, bought off a friend who won it in a raffle, never fired it.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice score. I bought an M4 a couple of years ago. I upgraded the mag tube with a titanium carrier comp tube, and 922 parts. Didn't shoot it until a few weeks ago to pattern some buckshot.. Smoothest shotgun I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. Then ran it through it paces two weeks ago on a helicopter hog hunt in west Texas. While all four shooters were using ARs the first round of flights, I switched to the M4 for the second flight and proceeded to lay waste on the hog population. I clearly outgunned the ARs with this thing. I put about 75 rounds through it without one malfunction. I was also informed by one of the guides on this ranch that he works for the state eradicating hogs by air, they are not allowed to use rifles for liability reasons, and all they use is the M4 with no malfunctions over thousands of rounds.  Another must have upgrade is the AVA light mount. I haven't mounted a light but used the QD sling attachment for the flight.

You will enjoy that shotgun very much. I will be taking it out more often on range outings.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats! I picked up an M4 over the summer and love it. Wanted one for years and my local shop had them on sale but not for the price you got! It runs like a champ with federal 1 1/8 oz bulk pack from from Walmart for range blasting as well as every type of buck shot I've stuffed in it.

Some day I hope to take it heli hog hunting like the poster above me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice find OP. Shotguns have their place in the arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice score. I bought an M4 a couple of years ago. I upgraded the mag tube with a titanium carrier comp tube, and 922 parts. Didn't shoot it until a few weeks ago to pattern some buckshot.. Smoothest shotgun I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. Then ran it through it paces two weeks ago on a helicopter hog hunt in west Texas. While all four shooters were using ARs the first round of flights, I switched to the M4 for the second flight and proceeded to lay waste on the hog population. I clearly outgunned the ARs with this thing. I put about 75 rounds through it without one malfunction. I was also informed by one of the guides on this ranch that he works for the state eradicating hogs by air, they are not allowed to use rifles for liability reasons, and all they use is the M4 with no malfunctions over thousands of rounds.  Another must have upgrade is the AVA light mount. I haven't mounted a light but used the QD sling attachment for the flight.

You will enjoy that shotgun very much. I will be taking it out more often on range outings.
View Quote

That sounds like a hell of a day! Any pics of the m4 in action? Did you use slugs or buck shot for this hog eradication?

I plan to get this light mount
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That sounds like a hell of a day! Any pics of the m4 in action? Did you use slugs or buck shot for this hog eradication?

View Quote

Please post pics of the mount when you get it.
Looks like an interesting idea, but the machining looks terrible from the photos. I'd be interested to see if it is better on the example you receive.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#17]

This photo is from mrgunsngear. That's where I saw the mount. The Haley tube is not included but it works with any scout pattern tube.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#18]
That mount looks sexy the website listed above looks like it may have a parkerized finish instead of the anodized you showed. I like that mount.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I did the AVA Mod1 it is like $35.00 more. Has a QD mount and keeps the light tight to the gun.

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the mount not sure I like that light it's a monster in size. I bet it will light up any target in the dark. Still a very sweet rig. I just like lights half that size.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]
It comes with a smaller ring for smaller lights.

This P3X Fury has IntelliBeam Technology—an intelligent sensor and microprocessor-based system—continuously evaluates your environment and seamlessly adjusts light output, from 15 up to 1000 lumens, based on the scope of your surroundings.

EDIT: I quoted the P2X intelli so changed it to the large P3X spec.

Outside full beam, down a hallway maybe half but if you hit a door jam it goes down to 15 lumens.

I was leery at first but am a firm believer after using it for a few months. I hear something outside at the cabin I can light up the area but also won't blind myself in the cabin looking down the hall.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#22]
2stampbob that is a good looking light mount as well, it's comes off with the barrel during disassembly doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
2stampbob that is a good looking light mount as well, it's comes off with the barrel during disassembly doesn't it?
View Quote

Yes, no tools needed when field stripping the gun,  it is a pretty slick mount IMO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice I need to look into some smart lights like that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used 00 buck on the hunt. Still putting all the footage together from the other cameras used on the hunt.. Will post as soon as I get it back.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I used 00 buck on the hunt. Still putting all the footage together from the other cameras used on the hunt.. Will post as soon as I get it back.
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Subscribed!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet I will subscribe as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped by Gander Mountain today and they had an M4 in the case for $2,580.99
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow! Makes me even happier about the price I got on mine!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#31]
pepper your shoulder
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
At our gander mountain , and bass pro shop I've never seen a good deal on a gun. I stopped trying at my gander after I tried to buy a matching set of ruger vaquoros. The clerk said oh the 1600 price tag was for just the 1 pistol. I asked to see the case they come in he gets it out. I say why would it hold 2 and why consecutive  serial numbers. He said he'd sell me the one with the box a deal because it holds 2. I walked away I even talked to a manager that said his clerk wax correct. Best to know the market of what you want before you go anywhere to buy. Imagine how madd you would be to pay that and find out you didn't get the matching gun. O.P. what brands of ammo have you ran in your m4 yet? Or plan to yet this thread has me lusting for an m4 more than ever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#33]
OP is that price on a used i assume? i'm looking at one also, but the dealer wants $2300 for the 11721 LE Tactical version NIB.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:42:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I keep really thinking about one of these too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I keep really thinking about one of these too.
View Quote
I do too, but the 870PM sits around so much it's hard for me to FO.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Get yourself a carriercomp magazine tube on order yesterday and start your wait time.

I recently got a hold of one of the Impact Weapon Components Benelli M4 light mounts. I consulted heavily on the Ava Tactical model, so I thought I'd be rather biased. I'm actually quite impressed with the IWC unit. It's a great price and constructed very well. The machining is much better in person than it looks in pictures. Fitting it to the weapon is really simple. Tying in with all of IWC's existing light mounting components makes it an easy one stop shopping place to get outfitted. I will note that the Ava Tactical mount does ride much closer to the M4, and provides a lower profile signature. This comes at a cost of needing specialized tailcaps for clearance. You can't really go wrong with either one of them.

Scalarworks recently released their new optical rail mounts for the M4. They're following the industry trend of making dedicated mounts rather than issuing acres of picatinny rail. The new units are lighter and lower profile than their previous offerings. All provided in an attractive package that declutters the sight picture.

Burnt Bronze Cerakote/Nickel Boron/NP3+ Build

H20 Extreme I just built
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And that's why they're going bankrupt

Quoted:
I do too, but the 870PM sits around so much it's hard for me to FO.
I have a couple 870s. I don't much care for pump shotguns though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Get yourself a carriercomp magazine tube on order yesterday and start your wait time.

I recently got a hold of one of the Impact Weapon Components Benelli M4 light mounts. I consulted heavily on the Ava Tactical model, so I thought I'd be rather biased. I'm actually quite impressed with the IWC unit. It's a great price and constructed very well. The machining is much better in person than it looks in pictures. Fitting it to the weapon is really simple. Tying in with all of IWC's existing light mounting components makes it an easy one stop shopping place to get outfitted. I will note that the Ava Tactical mount does ride much closer to the M4, and provides a lower profile signature. This comes at a cost of needing specialized tailcaps for clearance. You can't really go wrong with either one of them.

Scalarworks recently released their new optical rail mounts for the M4. They're following the industry trend of making dedicated mounts rather than issuing acres of picatinny rail. The new units are lighter and lower profile than their previous offerings. All provided in an attractive package that declutters the sight picture.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/Zzyzx313/BenelliM4/730A549F-A65D-4410-BE5E-DA8FC27720E5_zps6x9euzyk.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/Zzyzx313/BenelliM4/08B46FA7-2E3D-4874-9AA4-B248AB6CD2F3_zpsip7glfp4.jpg
H20 Extreme I just built
View Quote
That is sharp and the mount looks clean

Edit: I got my CC tube in the mail a few days ago. It was close to form1 wait times

Any tips on removing the old one?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Use a heat gun or a hair dryer. Mine came out very easy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Heat gun is the usual method for removal. I personally use a MAPP torch since it's faster. I just hit the existing magazine tube for 5 - 10 seconds, and they unscrew. The older M4's break free rather easily. The newer production units are tougher. I had one take 20 minutes with a heat gun.

My next task is to try to work a TNVC TAPS switch in to a set of FFT handguards. Then route the wire internally inside the handguards between the barrel and the magazine tube over to the right side. Notch the right side to permit the cable to come out, and connect to the Surefire in the reversed Ava Tactical mount. I'll throw a QD sling mount on the MLOK.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OP is that price on a used i assume? i'm looking at one also, but the dealer wants $2300 for the 11721 LE Tactical version NIB.
View Quote
Yes it was used but very very lightly
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At our gander mountain , and bass pro shop I've never seen a good deal on a gun. I stopped trying at my gander after I tried to buy a matching set of ruger vaquoros. The clerk said oh the 1600 price tag was for just the 1 pistol. I asked to see the case they come in he gets it out. I say why would it hold 2 and why consecutive  serial numbers. He said he'd sell me the one with the box a deal because it holds 2. I walked away I even talked to a manager that said his clerk wax correct. Best to know the market of what you want before you go anywhere to buy. Imagine how madd you would be to pay that and find out you didn't get the matching gun. O.P. what brands of ammo have you ran in your m4 yet? Or plan to yet this thread has me lusting for an m4 more than ever.
View Quote
I have shot federal and browning high brass 5s and 6s as well as Winchester and federal buckshot and some Remington low recoil buckshot. Has ran flawlessly so far, haven't tried any low brass shells in it yet though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/Zzyzx313/BenelliM4/730A549F-A65D-4410-BE5E-DA8FC27720E5_zps6x9euzyk.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/Zzyzx313/BenelliM4/08B46FA7-2E3D-4874-9AA4-B248AB6CD2F3_zpsip7glfp4.jpg

H20 Extreme I just built
View Quote
What is the advantage to the carrier comp mag tube? Just being one piece? How long of a wait are we talking?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, it's a one piece unit. It counts towards 922r compliance. It weighs 5.5 ounces less than the OEM unit. The machining is far better than anything Benelli produces. The color match is closer to the receiver's finish than even the factory units.

Only bad is the wait time. 4-6 months are common unless it's bought used.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yes, it's a one piece unit. It counts towards 922r compliance. It weighs 5.5 ounces less than the OEM unit. The machining is far better than anything Benelli produces. The color match is closer to the receiver's finish than even the factory units.

Only bad is the wait time. 4-6 months are common unless it's bought used.
View Quote
I'll check them out!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
The Benelli has really made itself at home

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Makes a hell of a snake gun too

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice shots!
Benellis' make a nice snake charmer! Sent plenty of rattlers back to hell with mine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Makes a hell of a snake gun too

https://i.imgur.com/idD0XTz.jpg
View Quote
Not judging, but just wanted to point out that that is a Northern Water Snake and is completely harmless.
Lots of folks in Va. confuse them with Copperheads. Not saying you did, just pointing it out in case you might be curious.
Regardless, nice shotgun! Let my 22 year old daughter shoot mine last week. She said she doesn't want to shoot it againb
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
DSC_5312-Turkey SBS by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_1669-M2 Barrel Billboard by FredMan, on Flickr

GP014759-1 by FredMan, on Flickr

GP014759-2 by FredMan, on Flickr

GP014759-3 by FredMan, on Flickr

GP014759-4 by FredMan, on Flickr
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top