Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 2:52:11 AM EDT
I don't know enough about the recoil spring works on a Mossberg 930, but the 590 Shockwave looks like there's enough pistol grip (or whatever that's called) to house a short spring tube.

Is it possible?
Would it somehow make it an NFA or is it NFA compliant simply because it doesn't have a stock?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Its NFA complaint because it is a title 1 firearm, not a shotgun. No stock short barrel, OAL greater than 26". If it were shorter than 26" it would be an AOW, if it were made from a shotgun it would be a SBS. These are manufactured at the factory from virgin recievers.

As far as a semi auto anything is possible but give the size and requirements for a semi auto to fuction it would be difficult to make it 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
What's been posted plus you'd have to find a manufacturer making a semi-auto PGO "firearm".

Plus I'm convinced that people that have no clue as to why this firearm is legal, not an SBS, etc. are going to screw it up for everyone by doing something like writing a letter to the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plus I'm convinced that people that have no clue as to why this firearm is legal, not an SBS, etc. are going to screw it up for everyone by doing something like writing a letter to the ATF.
View Quote

This...just waiting for it to happen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Disregarding the legal niceities, The old cut down auto5's closely resemble what you are talking about.
Attachment Attached File

It would take somebody licensing this and getting ATF approval prior to shipment. Or one of the Saiga 12 makers might try something like this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure I'd want a 930 pgo anyway. Reviews of 930 semi autos aren't great anyways. I'd hate to see how it would perform if it was modified. I'm going on reviews I've read on  shotguns not first hand experience. Maybe I'm incorrect
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure I'd want a 930 pgo anyway. Reviews of 930 semi autos aren't great anyways. I'd hate to see how it would perform if it was modified. I'm going on reviews I've read on  shotguns not first hand experience. Maybe I'm incorrect
View Quote

I don't know that 930's could be made into PGOs. The recoil system is in the stock. That's why they don't have side folders. The AK platform recoils in the length of the receiver and Tromix has great success with shortening the gas piston system. That makes them a likely candidate for PGO/firearm classification.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top