Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 5:24:23 PM EDT
I went to look for an older double barrel Shotgun and found a Hunter Arms Fulton 20GA. I looks to be made around during 1930'school from what I'm reading with the serial number.

At some point a previous owner put a fiber Optic post on the front. I hope this is removable as I plan to put a bead back on it.

Anyone know where to get a part like this for this shotgun?

I put it on layaway to pick it up this upcoming weekend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Your local gunsmith (or Brownells, Midway, etc) should have a common brass bead with either a 3-56 or 6-48 threaded shank. 98% chance that your shotgun will use one of those 2 bead sizes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
L.C.Smith was made by Hunter Arms,Fulton NY for many years.Depending on the grade they can be pretty valuable.i would bet you can get parts from Numrich,Gun Parts Corp.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

I can't wait to pick it up. I've been wanted an old side by side farm type gun for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not certain about your gun, but many older shotguns had chambers shorter then today's standard 2 3/4 inches.
Before firing make sure what you have.

A 2 3/4 inch shell will usually chamber in an old shorter chamber just like a 3 inch can chamber in a 2 3/4 inch chamber.
However, when fired the pressures soar and the gun can KA-BOOM.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not certain about your gun, but many older shotguns had chambers shorter then today's standard 2 3/4 inches.
Before firing make sure what you have.

A 2 3/4 inch shell will usually chamber in an old shorter chamber just like a 3 inch can chamber in a 2 3/4 inch chamber.
However, when fired the pressures soar and the gun can KA-BOOM.
View Quote

A 2 5/8" chamber shouldn't be an issue, but I have read that some early 20ga chambers were 2 3/8". So it would be a good idea to check. Reaming the chambers to 2 3/4" shouldn't be much trouble or expensive, if required.

Great find, should be a fu. Gun to hunt with.

JPK
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the same basic gun, 30" Full/Full and it uses 2 3/4".  Had it since 81?  I wish I had bought more of them, even a decade ago they were still $100-$150.

The gun swings great.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for some of the details on this shotgun. I am picking it up tomorrow. I definitely want to do more reading up on these but so far not much out there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked it up. Really excited to bring it home.

Here's some pics of it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top