Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2016 12:27:04 PM EDT
Guy has a pretty clean safe queen for $1,500.00, it may be an early production

Is that a good price and anything wrong with them?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I payed $1799 for the ceracoated version
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Used?

My dealer quoted me $1,949.00 on a new black (both are pistol grip)
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I gave $17ish new black one.
Youll love it. Argos system absorbs recoil beta than the other benellis. & Ive had an m2
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $1300 for one 10 yrs ago with the collapsible stock and a pistol grip stock also.
It had the regular mag tube block on it but the guy included the mag extension.

The M4 is beautiful, shoots like a dream come true.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I paid $1300 for one 10 yrs ago with the collapsible stock and a pistol grip stock also.

View Quote

No collapsible stock and it has that ribbed mag tube so from what I can tell it is the regular?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No collapsible stock and it has that ribbed mag tube so from what I can tell it is the regular?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but there are many places you can get the ext or a full mag tube.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I paid 1400 for mine. Came with night sights the fixed stock, a mesa tactical stock, and an extension for the mag tube.

If you want a full length mag tube. Carriercomp is where it's at. Expect to wait like six months though.

I really want to put an RMR on mine and SBS it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it have a collapsible stock? Is it the M1014 version with the flag on the receiver?  I paid 1350 for my 11707 ten years ago, brand new and with both collapsible and fixed PG stocks.  1500 sounds a bit high depending on what is included, IMO.

From http://forums.benelliusa.com/archive/index.php/t-32039.html
My list is by no means definitive. Here is what I know.

11701 or M1014. This is the limited edition model with a flag on the receiver. If I recall, there are 2500 of these in circulation. They originally came with a collapsible stock, but the receiver extension was neutered so the stock will not function properly. The barrel on this model does not have the ring that seats against the receiver. The barrel does not have removable chokes. The barrel has 2 ports. The barrel extension that enters the receiver is slightly different from the more common 11707 and newer models. The flared end is smaller. The barrels are all interchangeable though. The ARGO plugs appear to have a phosphate coating rather than the newer chrome or nickel finish.

11703. This model was released after the success of the M1014. This model came with a fixed pistol grip stock. It also had the same neutered receiver extension as the M1014. The barrel was a controversial 4 port design that battered the **** out of bolt carrier if anything but low recoil rounds were used. Benelli replaced this barrel for users at their request. The barrel came with a removable choke. The same barrel ring profile at the receiver and the flare on the barrel extension inside the receiver as the M1014 was present. The same phosphate coated ARGO plugs as the M1014 were used.

11707. This is the new standard production M4. Benelli installed the proper 3 position receiver extension on this model. It ships with the fixed pistol grip stock. The barrel was changed to the 2 port design. The removable choke was kept. A barrel ring was added to allow the barrel to seat against the receiver. Changes were made to the barrel extension, the flare at the rear is larger. Changes to the anodizing process were made with this model. Most users indicate that the receiver has almost an OD green hue. The ARGO gas plugs now come in either a chrome or nickel finish.

11711. This is the rare H2O model of the M4. I'm told only 60 of these units made it into public circulation before the ATF cried. This model is the same as the 11707, except it comes with a factory full length steel magazine tube and a factory collapsible stock. All the components were coated by Robar in NP3.

11717. This model is the same as the 11707, but it comes in a desert tan finish.

11721. This model is reserved for law enforcement and suckers. This model is identical to the 11707, except it has the collapsible stock and a steel full length magazine tube installed. Often times you can see the 11707 stick beneath the 11721 sticker.

11724. This model is the factory SBS model that comes with the 14" barrel. This unit comes with the factory collapsible stock. The barrel does not have removable chokes. The barrel seat ring and flared barrel extension are present like on the 11707 model.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does it have a collapsible stock? Is it the M1014 version with the flag on the receiver?  I paid 1350 for my 11707 ten years ago, brand new and with both collapsible and fixed PG stocks.  1500 sounds a bit high depending on what is included, IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

11701 or M1014. This is the limited edition model with a flag on the receiver. If I recall, there are 2500 of these in circulation. They originally came with a collapsible stock, but the receiver extension was neutered so the stock will not function properly. The barrel on this model does not have the ring that seats against the receiver. The barrel does not have removable chokes. The barrel has 2 ports. The barrel extension that enters the receiver is slightly different from the more common 11707 and newer models. The flared end is smaller. The barrels are all interchangeable though. The ARGO plugs appear to have a phosphate coating rather than the newer chrome or nickel finish.

11703. This model was released after the success of the M1014. This model came with a fixed pistol grip stock. It also had the same neutered receiver extension as the M1014. The barrel was a controversial 4 port design that battered the **** out of bolt carrier if anything but low recoil rounds were used. Benelli replaced this barrel for users at their request. The barrel came with a removable choke. The same barrel ring profile at the receiver and the flare on the barrel extension inside the receiver as the M1014 was present. The same phosphate coated ARGO plugs as the M1014 were used.

11707. This is the new standard production M4. Benelli installed the proper 3 position receiver extension on this model. It ships with the fixed pistol grip stock. The barrel was changed to the 2 port design. The removable choke was kept. A barrel ring was added to allow the barrel to seat against the receiver. Changes were made to the barrel extension, the flare at the rear is larger. Changes to the anodizing process were made with this model. Most users indicate that the receiver has almost an OD green hue. The ARGO gas plugs now come in either a chrome or nickel finish.

11711. This is the rare H2O model of the M4. I'm told only 60 of these units made it into public circulation before the ATF cried. This model is the same as the 11707, except it comes with a factory full length steel magazine tube and a factory collapsible stock. All the components were coated by Robar in NP3.

11717. This model is the same as the 11707, but it comes in a desert tan finish.

11721. This model is reserved for law enforcement and suckers. This model is identical to the 11707, except it has the collapsible stock and a steel full length magazine tube installed. Often times you can see the 11707 stick beneath the 11721 sticker.

11724. This model is the factory SBS model that comes with the 14" barrel. This unit comes with the factory collapsible stock. The barrel does not have removable chokes. The barrel seat ring and flared barrel extension are present like on the 11707 model.

I asked some questions and it is a 2012, shot very little and has a GG&G charging handle.

I can't find any recent used for sale to compare but the lowest I could find new is $1,800.00 plus transfer free ($50.00) on GB

$350.00 cheaper then GB and about $570.00 cheaper then LGS with tax,  if it's super clean like the pic I got doesn't seem like a good deal?

I wish I knew more about shotguns
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I asked some questions and it is a 2012, shot very little and has a GG&G charging handle.

I can't find any recent used for sale to compare but the lowest I could find new is $1,800.00 plus transfer free ($50.00) on GB

$350.00 cheaper then GB and about $570.00 cheaper then LGS with tax,  if it's super clean like the pic I got doesn't seem like a good deal?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which stock or stocks, and does it have the standard capacity or neutered mag tube?  In order to use the standard mag tube you need 922r compliance parts, which are readily available.  I don't think 1500 is a bad price, especially if it's in mint condition.  When buying used firearms it's nice to get upgrades for free though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which stock or stocks, and does it have the standard capacity or neutered mag tube?  In order to use the standard mag tube you need 922r compliance parts, which are readily available.  I don't think 1500 is a bad price, especially if it's in mint condition.  When buying used firearms it's nice to get upgrades for free though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard pistol grip stock, yeah I'd like to get a better deal but better deals aren't always available.

This is a "want" buy not a "need" buy so I guess I could wait and hope for a better deal but unless everyone starts making M4s the way ARs are I don't think the'll be getting much cheaper if ever.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, they are selling new for $1800ish + now.

$1500 isn't a steal, but it's also not too bad. I got lucky when I bought mine last year when gander had a sale, $1799 listed at gander - 20% off = $1620+ tax new.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Used?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used?

Sorry mine was brand new for 1799
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Got it for under $1,500.00, it looks new never fired
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
What 2 point sling?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What 2 point sling?
View Quote

Take a look at the non-padded Magpul MS-1; it has the cleanest slider option I have seen and is adaptable to drifter the mounting options. That's what I plan to run when my M4 Entry is approved. I intend to use the standard sling loops, but I also have a C-stock for it.

But there are lots of good 2-point options out there. It all depends on how you plan to mount the sling to your shotty.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a collapsible stock today and CC tube on the way

What about mounting a flashlight? I am partial to surefire and have a M600 scout laying around, any suggestions on mounts?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What about mounting a flashlight? I am partial to surefire and have a M600 scout laying around, any suggestions on mounts?
View Quote

I just used a little clamp on rail section, and mounted a TLR-1 with a tape switch.  It's compact and out of the way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I just used a little clamp on rail section, and mounted a TLR-1 with a tape switch.  It's compact and out of the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like that is the only game in town
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my AVA tactical clamp on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love my AVA tactical clamp on.
View Quote

That does look interesting but the company is out of stock and haven't had any posts on facebook for almost a half a year
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I kind of wonder what mine is. It most closely fits the description of an 11707, except for the stock and the reported OD green hue. Receiver is as black as can be, although the barrel and magazine tube could be maybe be considered a slight greenish under the right light. And as far as I know, unless the original owner had his head up his ass, it came new with the collapsible stock, not the fixed stock. He didn't have the box anymore, but he said it was as he bought it and he'd only fired 50 rounds through it then just kept it put away as a HD gun (and it looked it; not so much as a scratch or more than a speck or two of gunpowder residue on it). Date code is CA (2006).
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Used?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used?

Your dealer is raping you. $1799 is full retail and you can walk into any dicks and buy one for that. On gun broker they can be had new in the $1650-$1700 price range pretty easily.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Ava Tactical is due out with an enhanced model. Also Impact Weapon Components has a new light mount design. Both will take care of your QD sling mount issues up front. Impact Weapons makes a MOE QD mount that fits in the sling loop of the collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your dealer is raping you. $1799 is full retail and you can walk into any dicks and buy one for that. On gun broker they can be had new in the $1650-$1700 price range pretty easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used?

Chances are he is not a Benelli dealer. So he's buying it for msrp or for the best deal he can find; then tacking something on for himself.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Chances are he is not a Benelli dealer. So he's buying it for msrp or for the best deal he can find; then tacking something on for himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used?

No one was selling it cheaper locally, I checked gander and cabelas and no you can't walk into ANY dick's and buy it for that.... None of them had it.

Why do people say such stupid things.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ava Tactical is due out with an enhanced model. Also Impact Weapon Components has a new light mount design. Both will take care of your QD sling mount issues up front. Impact Weapons makes a MOE QD mount that fits in the sling loop of the collapsible stock.
View Quote

The collapsible stock is not working for me, the LOP at the middle position is OK but I can't get down low enough to use the peep sights.

The position for removal would be perfect but of course it rotates in that position. Has anyone ran into this? Maybe some risers for the sights?

I may chop the standard stock but getting the rubber butt-pad reshaped and reattached has been a challenge in the past, I did an 870 stock in the past but never looked factory.

I'll check out Weapon Components, thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No one was selling it cheaper locally, I checked gander and cabelas and no you can't walk into ANY dick's and buy it for that.... None of them had it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used?

My response wasn't stupid, it was educated. I happen to be very good friends with a DSG regional manager. He says the Benelli M4 is a normal stocking item for stores. He also says the price is a set retail price by Benelli therefor $1799 is the price at all stores. I bought one from one of my local stores a few weeks ago, it was marked $1799 as well, but of course I get a nice discount.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Its not even offered on the dick's web site, but who cares I got a like brand new one already for $1,400.00 no tax and no transfer fee so go tell about your great deals that are not real someplace else lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The collapsible stock is not working for me, the LOP at the middle position is OK but I can't get down low enough to use the peep sights.

The position for removal would be perfect but of course it rotates in that position. Has anyone ran into this? Maybe some risers for the sights?

I may chop the standard stock but getting the rubber butt-pad reshaped and reattached has been a challenge in the past, I did an 870 stock in the past but never looked factory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many have that issue with the sight picture. Many use the Scalarworks top rail and a trijicon RMR to get around the issue. Plus, it's faster overall.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
i paid 1999 for this today, but its an LE model with the collapsible stock and 7rd tube

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i paid 1999 for this today, but its an LE model with the collapsible stock and 7rd tube

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/635BD56B-47D9-46D1-B24B-01A42E9F1841_zpsggv4o99j.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/635BD56B-47D9-46D1-B24B-01A42E9F1841_zpsggv4o99j.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice, congrats
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Many have that issue with the sight picture. Many use the Scalarworks top rail and a trijicon RMR to get around the issue. Plus, it's faster overall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was trying to keep away from electronics on this one.

Edit: electric sights, I still want a light
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was too, i had no intention of putting optics on this thing. but after shooting it i really really want to start using it from the second stock position, and like you said theres just no way to use the iron sights. so i think im going to be forced into a MRDS of some flavor that i can use above the iron sight plane. there was a jpoint for $150 at the shop i bought mine from today, but i didnt think the jpoint would hold up to the recoil.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Its not even offered on the dick's web site, but who cares I got a like brand new one already for $1,400.00 no tax and no transfer fee so go tell about your great deals that are not real someplace else lol
View Quote

They stock a lot of guns that aren't on their site...
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You embarrass me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/635BD56B-47D9-46D1-B24B-01A42E9F1841_zpsggv4o99j.jpg
View Quote

wow, do want.

can i ask where in ohio they have it in stock?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you guys have the early model with the shitty two-position stock that they gave to the Marines? I am a Czech-German with the high cheek bones and even I can see through the ghost rings just fine on position 2, and can get below the ghost rings on position 4.

+1 to the Scalarworks BOR and an RMR though, that is a great setup. Although Scalarworks is modifying the design right now. As a result, the BOR is sold out everywhere and it won't be restocked till they start producing the new design early next year.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

wow, do want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/635BD56B-47D9-46D1-B24B-01A42E9F1841_zpsggv4o99j.jpg

wow, do want.

the place i got it was pro armament in cuyahoga falls near akron. they had one other when i got this, it had night sights and was 2099
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Im not here to say it's a good deal or not. I think its fair. I paid $1800 for mine a few months back. I will tell you this.  It will be removed from my collection when  they " Pry It from My Cold DEAD HANDS ". It is the cat meow, the shabazz and all that shit ... Love the Mother Fucker . 870 has just went dormant . Fucken SWEET .........................................I had buyers remorse when I was walking out of the store with her. After I shot her , never looked back ..A date worth spending the money on. Go ahead and super size that happy meal.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Im not here to say it's a good deal or not. I think its fair. I paid $1800 for mine a few months back. I will tell you this.  It will be removed from my collection when  they " Pry It from My Cold DEAD HANDS ". It is the cat meow, the shabazz and all that shit ... Love the Mother Fucker . 870 has just went dormant . Fucken SWEET .........................................I had buyers remorse when I was walking out of the store with her. After I shot her , never looked back ..A date worth spending the money on. Go ahead and super size that happy meal.  WarDawg
View Quote

I'm at roughly $1,580.00 with the collapsible stock and still looking for a full length magazine tube, I'll most likely go with the CC at $210.00

I shot it twice now and it runs like a champ, I'm fine with the price, The only problem I might have is never shooting any of my other shotguns again

I am waiting on a stamp to make my 870 12.5" and a stamp to make a Stoeger O/U under into something but if i'd have gotten the M4 first that might never had happened.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do you guys have the early model with the shitty two-position stock that they gave to the Marines? I am a Czech-German with the high cheek bones and even I can see through the ghost rings just fine on position 2, and can get below the ghost rings on position 4.

+1 to the Scalarworks BOR and an RMR though, that is a great setup. Although Scalarworks is modifying the design right now. As a result, the BOR is sold out everywhere and it won't be restocked till they start producing the new design early next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock got has 3 positions
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#43]
There are two position receiver extensions. Numrich arms used to have a bunch of them for sale. I believe they were what came with the very first M4's for the military and foreign adopters.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are two position receiver extensions. Numrich arms used to have a bunch of them for sale. I believe they were what came with the very first M4's for the military and foreign adopters.
View Quote

Aren't those the older ones?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I believe they are the ones from the late 1990's. Not sure when they switched to the 3 position models.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Nice, is that 14.5"?

What light mount is that?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes it's a SBS.

Light mount is AVA.... they are shipping.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes it's a SBS.

Light mount is AVA.... they are shipping.
View Quote

Pretty expensive but looks solid so I ordered one.

I'll probably get the QD mount for the stock also because the few slings I have are QD but that is pretty expensive lol

About lights, I'm thinking about getting the P2X Fury® with IntelliBeam™ Technology and was wondering does being next to a barrel effect the output?

The light has some sort of sensor that can dim the light when it gets close to objects and sounds like a good idea but not if it's constantly sensing the barrel and only putting out 15 lumens

Any experience with this light?

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I got a few of the new Ava Tactical mount in for my builds. This mod 1 is a big step up from the old system which was in itself awesome. However, being able to use a IWC backbone body and having it captive within the mount is a huge improvement. I'm going to get some of the Surefire M600IB variable output lamps for this. The machining involved on these is top shelf. There are even bosses between the halves and the light ring that interface with the corresponding mating surface now.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top