Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 4:08:37 PM EDT
I am considering one of these in 20 gauge for clays.  Anyone have any information on them? was also considering the weatherby SA-08

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
the word benelli should be enough.  never had a problem with my SBE anti gee-honk gun or my m4.  benelli makes high quality stuff
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I was torn between the Weatherby SA-08 and the Montefeltro both felt great the Weatherby being a few bucks less
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Weatherby, like all Turkish made guns, will disappoint you if you do any appreciable amount of shooting.

Get the Benelli.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Stick to the three Bs

Buy the Benelli
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Benelli and Weatherby shouldn't even be in the same sentence. Get the Benelli, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 20 gauge Monte. Mine is an HK import Super 90. It's not for sale. Ever.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before you buy a 20 for clays shoot one.

A 12 will be a heavier gun. The 20's are wippy.
View Quote

True, and I have both.

My Benelli 20 is my go-to grouse gun.  You carry a grouse gun a lot more than you shoot it.

I have to admit I love my Montefeltro 20.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before you buy a 20 for clays shoot one.

A 12 will be a heavier gun. The 20's are wippy.
View Quote

This^
Owned both 12 and 20 Montes, as well as several M1s. Adult for me a youth stock for my son who was 11 at the time.
The 20ga Monte had an overly stiff shell stop, made loading mag tube difficult. Seems to be a common complaint from my reading here and on SGW.

Ditched them for Beretta 391s for clays, better balance, softer shooting.

An inexpensive alternative to the Monte or 391 is the A-300, it's a 12 but hits just the right weight for clays and hunting.

BRD is a bitch but Shotgun Poisoning, ---------[shudder]------------- I gots it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife has the 20 m2, which I understand is basically the same gun with different furniture.

Sweeeeet little shotgun. light, comfortable and soft shooting.

She had the same issue with her shell catch as the poster above, pretty easy 15 min fix with two pairs of needle nose pliers. Look up benelli 3 gun mods, you just bend the catch a little so that it doesn't take as much force for the shell to clear it. Investing in one of the welded lifters is also worth the money, saves your thumb from the "prongs of death" on the factory lifter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up a Benelli Montefeltro put it through 6 rds of trap today , and it is a pleasure to shoot.  no issues at all.  I think it was a great choice. I appreciate all of the advice given here.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top