Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 10:08:34 PM EDT
I like the price, and its features. So how is it anyone here with first hand experience. I have been reading reviews and watching so I would like more first hand if there is any. I know better options for more money so on and so on. I am hoping this can be my versa max tactical or benelli option without the cost. Still rely and depend on it as well jerry put his name on it or is it all just hype. Anyone used one and put it threw some arduous tests first hand not looking for utube reviews. Seen those.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought it but haven't shot it yet... The instructor at the gun shop said in his shotgun class, they eat everything...

After looking at it online, the cleaning is a bit more involved than I like, but I may keep it anyway...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm hearing this more and more many have them, but yet have tested them. I guess if I trade into one or buy one maybe I'll be writing the review for them lol. I'm nobody just trying to find high cap semi that's reliable for great price. Thanks for sharing please update if you range test or field test it. ammo and results used will be great.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Since you asked...

I've seen / worked on several  of the 930 guns and watched a lot more being used (or trying to be used) in 3 gun competition. The best thing I can say is that IF you get one that runs they seem to run OK for a while if you keep the gas system really clean. If it does not run well when fairly new it may never run well (several QC issues in manufacturing and design). Low cost alternative to the Versa Max or Benelli?...The Stoeger M3000 might be the best option for that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The 930 was on my list, but the problems experienced by 3 gun guys swayed me away.  Or3gun.com has a lot of upgrade parts to address the common problems.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since you asked...

I've seen / worked on several  of the 930 guns and watched a lot more being used (or trying to be used) in 3 gun competition. The best thing I can say is that IF you get one that runs they seem to run OK for a while if you keep the gas system really clean. If it does not run well when fairly new it may never run well (several QC issues in manufacturing and design). Low cost alternative to the Versa Max or Benelli?...The Stoeger M3000 might be the best option for that.
View Quote

I was hoping to not hear this, and I guess I need to suck it up and save up. Keep it coming everyone if you have dealt with the 930. I will also look into the Stoeger  M3000 thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
3 friends of mine have them and all three the safety fell apart or came loose locking up the gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Palmetto use to have sales on them for like $550. I should have bought one when I had the chance
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
For each problematic shotgun I deal with that isn't a Mossberg, I probably deal with four 930s.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
From the factory reps...You MUST and I say MUST take the gun apart and clean it prior to use. Put about 50 rounds of high brass thru it and completely clean it again. The gun comes treated with a packing/protective oil not a very good lubricating oil. After that "break-in" the gun should be gtg with normal cleaning/lubing and such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top