Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2016 4:38:19 PM EDT
hey fellas,

got 2 questions.

my benelli m2 came with 5 chokes.
last week i bought the briley light modified choke last week, a lot of people recommended it to me
is it recommended for a lot of slug shooting or should i take it out before i train with slugs?
(my main range is indoor and there are only slugs allowed...)

i also bought the nordic components barrel clamp with the picatinny rail.
i want to use my magpul ms4 qd sling with my benelli.
what should i add to the gun for using the qd adapters on the front and the back of the gun?

thx very much!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hey fellas,

got 2 questions.

my benelli m2 came with 5 chokes.
last week i bought the briley light modified choke last week, a lot of people recommended it to me
is it recommended for a lot of slug shooting or should i take it out before i train with slugs?
(my main range is indoor and there are only slugs allowed...)

i also bought the nordic components barrel clamp with the picatinny rail.
i want to use my magpul ms4 qd sling with my benelli.
what should i add to the gun for using the qd adapters on the front and the back of the gun?

thx very much!
View Quote

You can safely shoot slugs through that light modified choke tube.

I like the Noveske QD socket in the stock and a Noveske (or Nordic) QD socket on the clamp

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
my 21" M1S90 with a Briley LM choke (10/22 rear sights and HiViz Flashpoint with triangular light pipe) will shoot Fiocchi Aero 7/8oz and Federal Premium 1oz reduced recoil slugs into 3" at 60yd
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
both noveske parts seems a very good solution!
the front mount is a bit hard to find in the net.....

i saw a good one from troy (more bulky) and nordic, which is also very slim
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My experience has been that light mod and even mod are fine for slugs in a m2 but you may see a shift in your point of aim using a more constricted choke.

Be sure to tape under your barrel clamp or it will wear the finish off your barrel pretty quickly and keep in mind that barrel clamps can affect point of aim.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
both noveske parts seems a very good solution!
the front mount is a bit hard to find in the net.....

i saw a good one from troy (more bulky) and nordic, which is also very slim
View Quote

The Noveske clamp mount is nice in that you don't need to remove it to access the clamp fastener on whichever side you have the QD mounted, as opposed to the Nordic which requires removal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience has been that light mod and even mod are fine for slugs in a m2 but you may see a shift in your point of aim using a more constricted choke.

Be sure to tape under your barrel clamp or it will wear the finish off your barrel pretty quickly and keep in mind that barrel clamps can affect point of aim.
View Quote

is duct tape on the inside of the clamp fine?

thx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top