Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2016 6:36:18 PM EDT
Are there any extended buttpads such as limbsavers or similar that will reduce the felt recoil and fit a magpul CTR stock?

I'm using a magpul CTR on a VEPR 12 and my "sister" complained that the stock hurts her shoulder. Does anyone know of a buttpad that will fit the CTR?

I'm aware of the magpul extended buttpad but thats a rigid pad that doesn't absorb much recoil.

Picture of the gun in question.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Ya that one won't work well enough.

I did find this limbsaver version which I did not know existed. Has anyone used it?

https://www.limbsaver.com/product/magpul-carbine-stock-recoil-pad-2/
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
When when I had a magpul stock on my 500. I kept the oal short and put on a slip on limb saver behind the factory pad.

Worked really well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Limbsaver makes a buttpad specifically for the Magpul CTR stock. Search for it on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I did find this limbsaver version which I did not know existed. Has anyone used it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We put them on quite a few of our SG builds. Only 1/2" of recoil pad VS 3/4" on a regular LS pad, but they are way better than the hard rubber that comes with the stock.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Limbsaver makes a buttpad specifically for the Magpul CTR stock. Search for it on Amazon.
View Quote

I ordered this to try, I'll let you know how it works, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#8]
FWIW- Most complaints of excessive recoil from a shotgun are due to an improper hold on the gun or an ill-fitting stock.

An additional recoil pad will likely add LOP which may make her perception of recoil even greater.

My $0.02- Make sure she has a proper hold on the gun and a good shooting stance before changing anything on the gun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FWIW- Most complaints of excessive recoil from a shotgun are due to an improper hold on the gun or an ill-fitting stock.

An additional recoil pad will likely add LOP which may make her perception of recoil even greater.

My $0.02- Make sure she has a proper hold on the gun and a good shooting stance before changing anything on the gun.
View Quote

I'm sure you are correct as I know her stance was not the greatest and her hold may have been a bit loose. The gun has an adjustable LOP so I can move it shorter to compensate for the additional length.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.... Use support hand to pull forward to counteract the rearward recoil and use dominate hand to pull back into the shoulder and hold it tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top