Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 12:19:45 PM EDT
I have had my stamp for my SBS back for a couple of months.  My gunsmith has been waiting for a part to be able to thread my barrel so I can run the Salvo on it, but he's not sure when it will be in.  So, I'm going to send it someone else.  Who do you guys recommend to cut my 870P to 12.5" and have it threaded for Rem Chokes?

I may have them change out my sights too, though I'm not sure what to go with.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if he does SBS work, but Mike Orlen gets good reviews for his shotgun bbl work.

I know he is quite good at threading a bbl for chokes - but I don't know if he can do rem chokes specifically, or even if it can be threaded for a rem choke (depends on bbl wall thickness.)

Mike Orlen contact info
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
doesn't rose action sports come pretty highly recommended?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I talked to Rose yesterday and he quoted me $195.00 to chop to 12.5", thread for chokes, install a front bead base so I can install trak-Lock ghost ring sights and return shipping.  

I'm a few months out on my stamp so if you use him, let me know how it turned out
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Plus one for Rose Action Sports! They did my 870 barrel. Cut to 12.5, thread for chokes, and installed tritium rifle sights. Fast turn around, turned out great!

James
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
doesn't rose action sports come pretty highly recommended?  
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Rose Action Sports
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another vote for Rose Action Sports
View Quote

This.
He did the choke cut install on my Benelli M1 super entry barrel and straightened the front sight.  Good communications and delivered on his estimated time line.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes to Rose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top